• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown Results + Shoutouts - 12/22/12 - Houston, TX

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Melee Singles (48 Entrants):

1: Wobbles
2: Baka4moe
3: Sung
4: ARC
5: Mojo
5: MT
7: Tirno
7: GlibbyGlobby
9: QPac
9: Admiral
9: Taylor
9: Dank13
13: Obsoleet
13: Thoraxe
13: Freddy
13: JF
17: Tim
17: Pho
17: Kal
17: timerB0mb
17: gaR
17: JWU
17: Kradi
17: Dawn
25: GNES
25: TGM
25: yumcha
25: D
25: Tarzan
25: Linkbayne
25: Velox
25: Perfect Engrish
33: W.E.M.P.
33: Dr. Jack Carlson, MD.
33: Klept
33: RDNG
33: GG
33: 0%
33: Gea
33: WaterlessFish
41: Boz
41: Tallman
41: Vash
41: Cell
41: Bear
41: Hnd1
41: Risu
41 Sun

Pools:

Melee Doubles (18 Teams):

1: Team First Place (Sung + Baka4moe)
2: EdgARC (ghey) (Tirno + ARC)
3: Big Booty *****es (Mojo + Dawn)
4: Taylor and QPac (Taylor + QPac)
5: Blue Balls (Sybawave + TSC)
5: Sexy Back (MT + Jake13)
7: Rush Hour (timerB0mb + Tarzan)
7: Team Matt (JF + Perfect Engrish)
9: Oscar and Dawn (Kradi + Velox)
9: Plano Gangs (Thoraxe + WaterlessFish)
9: DK Booty (Gnes + Gea)
9: Team Possum (Pho + Obsoleet)
13: Extravagant Experience (Klept + Doctor Jack Carlson, MD)
13: RDF (Jango + Risu)
13: Ginyu Force (Grinin + Mike)
13: Big Ol' **** Swang (Freddie + Tim)
17: Santa Got Smashed (Bear + 0%)
17: Those Guys (Hnd1 + Sun)

VIDEOS COMING SOON! (All videos will be uploaded to the Texas Melee YouTube channel)

Great turnout guys! The venue asked us to come back, so expect more tournaments like this one in the future. I'll post my shoutouts later.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Thanks to all that hosted and freaking amazing Venue, I'd LOVE to attend any and all tournaments hosted there.

Players:

1: Wobbles = Good **** on first man. Thanks for making me look good btw! ;D
2: Baka4moe = Good **** on bracket dodging me! lol
3: Sung = Fun set dude, was nice meeting you and **** talk is **** talk. I respect you though.
5: Mojo = BRB bro gotta go to my matches *zoidberg walks away*
5: MT = Marth dittos are ghey!
7: Tirno = We both played like *** in our set LOL!
7: GlibbyGlobby = Great **** man, you are a lot better than I gave you credit for my dude.
9: QPac = Cant believe I Isaia'ed you and taylor HAHA!
9: Admiral = GREAT ****, YOU DID AMAZING YESTERDAY OMG!
9: Taylor = LOVE U DUUUUDE!
9: Dank13 = No worries bro bring two bananas next time though! Just saying :B
13: Obsoleet = SUPER WAVEDASH DSMASH WTF!?!?!
13: Thoraxe = Lol weegee
13: Freddy = Great playing you again man! Was lots of fun!
13: JF = Scrub <3
17: Tim = Hi Tim!
17: Pho = Get ***** by Hanna....
17: Kal = Great seeing you again mang.
17: timerB0mb = wut?!
17: gaR = Ivan your tag should be Ivan.
17: Dawn = Good **** in teams yo!
25: TGM = TGM COMBOOOOOOO
25: yumcha = Thank you for being a good sport about my cracker ignorant *** joke!
25: Tarzan = I CANT JUST LET YOU WIN!
25: Velox = Nice seeing you again mang!
41: Bear = Was great seeing you again man! :D GG's

Overall this was one of my favorite Texas tournaments! Had a freaking blast it could have been run a little smother but it was your first time running one so I can understand it being difficult. But
besides that fact I had a phenomenal time 9/10 would do again.

Thanks to everyone who cheered for me! Love you guys!

Kal

Smash Champion
We need a separate results thread for only AustinRC to post in.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Thanks for hosting, this was a sick venue (sorry I didn't want to play on that recorded setup cause there would have been like no space for people to watch) but yall moved it later anyway

I would have talked / helped more people but every friendly was precious to me and I learned a ton

Basically every set I played was SUPER close and it was a test of endurance at that point haha really good games everyone

QPAC - I owe 100% of my wins due to this guy and playing friendlies with him beforehand. Much much needed fox/falco exp with every friendly I improved even more. Amazing trash talk (even though I didn't really hear most of it) but just know that "Tirno can't finish his food, there're starving children in Africa!" Anyway our set was really darn close but if I'd lost I would have been so ridiculously salty you don't even know. And sorry for saying I don't care for like everything you said to me just kinda annoyed at you thinking your falco was legit LOOOOOL!!! (okay it kinda is.... kinda..)
Taylor - Holy fudge thank you so much for letting me use that controller I would have gotten 0-2'd in bracket if I was using mine freaking godsend. Loving the amount of good marths at this tournament shame you couldn't get your revenge though. You're a super cool and funny dude hope to see ya again sometime!
Baka4Moe - So like I was sayin, teaming with you makes it too EASY. Good stuff in teams for sure. And sorry for johning like that, it was totally uncool I was just super mad salty (still kinda am...). It was an extremely close set though now that I think about it but I will have my revenge. I also knew you would beat everyone else (cept wobbles) and also thanks for havin my back in my matches as well.
Wobbles - I REALLY wanted to have a rematch cause I know you were screwing around in our set. But I lost to Baka sadface. Good job winning the tournament, ya probably didn't have too much trouble doing that though.
ARC - You are such a nice guy. I think you don't really know Sheik info (delayed aerial to dash away on shield is safe). Your marth is super clean and amazing solid solid solid. Very impressed and I would have loved to see you vs Baka that would have been super tight. Smart player too you tracked my air movement really well and you were really good at grabbing the ledge for edgeguarding but didn't capitalize as much (felt like you grabbed me out of my up b lag too much when you could have done something like dolphin slash) love your marth.
Mojo - Tense set but I'm pretty sure you lost cause of the dranks :/ Solid edgeguarding though. Lookin fresh though, you're a pretty cool guy hope you destroy a ton of people at apex.
Tirno - Lol run off laser death. That win still had a bad taste in my tongue I felt like we should have moved to a different setup. Anyway good freaking games that set was super close as well (although NO solid edgeguarding on your part let me back on waaaay too many times for free). It could have been nerves or something but it was a great set.
Jake13 - It was great for me to play a campy falco cause I fought one a last weekend and lost and I wanted to see if I could overcome it this time with my new mindset. Really close set Texas is all about their spacies. And I actually don't think I'll be able to go to houston again but I WILL SEE YALL AT APEX!
MT - Another great marth although I feel like your spacies MU is a thousand times better than the other MUs. Your chain grabbing game is pretty decent too (and it's been a long awhile since I saw a marth cg zero to death a spacie on FD)!
GlibbityGlobbity - Your tag is awesome and fun to say.
Admiral - Falco slayer? You did pretty well. And THANKS A TOOOOOON for housing us it was really dang generous of you. You also have a pretty cool tag.
Obsoleet - Funny guy ya bring a good ambiance to tourneys I need to test sheik d throw fair on luigi at low % though haha
Thoraxe - You're so lovable Thoraxe. It was nice playing you in friendlies and I feel like you should use one character for now I love the drive you have though goin out to houston and whatnot good stuff. But seriously though...[COLLAPSE="You became so mature :]"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Freddy - Took me out in pools good job, it was good that I lost though helped me reinforce a few things I needed to do against foxes. Fun friendlies too.
JF - Okay I learned a ton from playing you. Your falco and your sheik. Out of all the other falcos in that tournament your shield pressuring against me was the best I was having a hard time trying to figure out a good counter to it (I think I found one but couldn't try it kept messing up haha). Super good practice for my upcoming matches.
timerB0mb - My main training partner is a puff main :] Very solid player though and nice troll with the first time playing tournament thing hahahaha
gaR - Another close set, Ivan why the heck are you so good at the ditto LOL. But sadly you can't finish my stocks son! If you could edgeguard better I woulda lost to you for sure. It was kinda funny we were both doing some really freaking good shield pressuring on each other and only when we got desperate we shield grabbed and I knew you would crumble at the last game you just wanted that grab so much! Anyway you definitely improved lovin it good job but you lost to GlibbyGlobby THIS time gotta return the favor NEXT time.
JWU - Champion right here. Hope you learned a lot and you should come over again real soon and I'll actually tell you a ton of information about everything. You actually have pretty good tech skill so your positioning/spacing game needs a lot of work. I do think you have a scrub mentality though :/
Tarzan - Yeah sorry about all that it was good seein ya and I wish I could have stayed longer...but QPAC's parents were goin ballistic LOL
Gea - Dang I wanted to meet ya, you are one of the best posters on this site!
Stephen - Hope ya had fun, awesome drive there and back with ya and I'm hyped for movie day :]

Really fun tournament ggs to everyone in my pools

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify we did pools, and the top 17 listed for singles (24 man bracket) made it out of pools.

Alright, shoutouts time:
1: Wobbles: Good **** on winning, as a Doc main and someone who enjoys playing Mario, your Mario is inspirational
2: Baka4moe: You were playing awesome this tournament, congrats on second! Thanks for all your help with pools, that was definitely the most difficult part of the tournament. I definitely want to play you over the break
3: Sung: Your movement with Sheik was great, I've never seen a sheik move like yours. Good job beating Mojo, that set was fun to watch. I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to play you at all, I hope I see you next time!
4: ARC: I'm glad you liked the tournament, I learned a LOT about running tournaments from yesterday, so the next one should be super smooth. If you could PM me what exactly you though could have been improved, that would help a lot. Your set with Sung was fun to watch, I hope I get to play you more next time!
5: Mojo: Your set with Sung was tight, his DI on your up airs was ridiculous!!! He was like at 150 on PS, and he DIed out of like 4 of your up airs!! You'll get em next time
5: MT: Thanks for helping me out with pools/bracket! Also good job getting 5th! We need to play some friendlies next time.
7: Tirno: Thanks for helping with pools/bracket! Now that I think about it, I think you were the first person I ever played in tournament at Insane Triumph 2 years ago, and you played me with Falcon haha. Anyways, I hope I see you next time!
7: GlibbyGlobby: Sup
9: QPac: dat trash talk
9: Admiral: You played amazing yesterday, good **** with all the upsets!! Also, thanks for housing people!! We should really play more since we live so close
9: Taylor: I'm glad you guys made it out, I had fun playing friendlies with you, even though I got downaired so much. Hope to see you and the rest of Louisiana next time!!
9: Dank13: Interesting tag change lol. Thanks for the help with pools!
13: Obsoleet: Luigi sucks
13: Thoraxe: I can't believe I didn't play you at all, I definitely want to play you next time. I'm glad you and the Plano kids made it out, I actually go to Plano all the time, so maybe the next time I'm there we could play.
17: Pho: This is Jose right? Thanks for your help with the tournament, I really appreciate it!
17: Kal: Thank you so much for helping me get things started, and for splitting the pot. I can't believe I forgot envelopes. You were a huge help. I hope you had a good time, and I hope to see you next time!
17: Kradi: It's nice seeing you again, we gotta play while you're still in town!
17: Dawn: I watched your set with Tirno, your Fox is moving up!
25: TGM: This is Xyro right? I'm glad you made it and brought people! Thanks for helping me set up! Hope to see you next time!
25: yumcha: Thanks for your help with the tournament, I hope I see you beat Kevin in the future!
25: D: Thank you so much for letting us use your phone for the stream. I'm glad I got to talk to you and get to know you better, hopefully I'll get to see your Doc in action next time!
25: Velox: I had a lot of fun playing friendlies and talking, as usual, your definitely one of my favorite people to play and talk to in the scene and I hope we get to play some over the break.
33: Gea: I'm glad you made it, but we didn't talk/play enough and that makes me sad.

Noc: I wish you could have made it, you are like the most organized person in the scene and I know that the tournament would have been run way better if you were there. Thank you so much for letting us use your streaming equipment, and I will definitely plan the next on a date you can make!
Michael: Thanks for bringing/setting up all the stream equipment and your laptop. You da best mayne
Grinin: Thanks for helping me run the tournament, your hype video/tournament picture were awesome. We should practice teams.

Although it was a little overwhelming at first, I had a lot of fun running this tournament and learned so much from it. Thanks again to anyone who helped me run the tournament, and I hope I see everyone next time, the next one will be even more awesome!!

QPAC

Smash Rookie
Awesome tourney, and great venue, especially for one without a fee!

Shoutouts off the top of my head:

Taylor - Dude, you are ****ing amazing! So glad Louisiana stayed over night. You're ****ing hilarious, and we did pretty well in teams for deciding to randomly enter the morning of the tournament and going into it without practice. Both your Marth and Fox are sick, and you should totally hit me up if you're ever in Texas for another tourney/smashfest

Freddy - Good **** dittoing me in every friendly, LOL. Your spacies are mad technical, and very good **** for ****** Sung in pools. He totally deserved it! Heard your set with Tirno was also close. Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling it later in the bracket, but that's just the curse of maining Fox :(

Tim - I'm kinda sad we had to play in tourney, but you're also really good. It's a shame we had to play in bracket, but you had me on the edge of my seat in game 2. You would have totally taken that game if you didn't SD. And as with the rest of Louisiana, you guys are all amazing!

Mojo - Your Fox *****, and that was one close *** set with Sung, especially considering you aren't familiar with all his janky *** tricks. It's a shame we didn't play for (singles) friendlies, but we'll play at Apex!

Jake - Damn, the salt for losing to you in pools. Your Falco is really smooth (albeit, REALLY campy, holy ****). Don't worry though, I'll get you at Apex, so you better watch out. Also, really close doubles set with you and MT!

MT - Dude, you've gotten so much better. Major leveling up with Marth. I expected to troll around in friendlies and still win, but you ***** me brutally in those matches. Again, good **** in teams, and sorry I didn't MM you -- had to cheer for mah boy during his loser bracket winning streak!

Edgar - Sorry for cheering so loudly against you, but I had to balance out the entire Texas crowd on your side. Your Falco's still smooth as always, and apologies to you too for not doing the MM, which we'll rectify at the annual Tirno Qpac Apex MM.

Admiral - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOUSING US! The night before the tourney was just as fun as the actual tourney, and those truffles were on another level! And MAJOR PROPS for ****** me in pools -- you're really good!

Gea/Velox/Risu (I think that's the rest of my pool) - Good playing all of you guys! I wish I could have stayed to play more friendlies, but I was running back and forth between watching/playing doubles and playing pools. You guys are all pretty good, and in every set, you guys started to bring it back after I got too comfortable with my lead.

Obsoleet - Your Luigi is really good, in both teams and singles. And that get up attack ledge regrab mind****, holy ****.

Arc - Your Marth is ****ing buttery smooth. Good **** ****** both me and Taylor in doubles, but I'm still mad salty about that. We didn't get to play singles, but I can tell you're really good from that doubles set!

Kal - Sorry to hear you forfeited. Our set was SUPER close (the closest one I've played this tourney). That's one weird *** (but really smart) Fox you have. Next time, I won't go Falco on you!

Baka - Good **** ****** Sung in the end; you have no idea how salty he was on the car ride home. Sorry I couldn't get more hyped for you vs. Wobbles, but the MU is just so slow :(

Ivan - You leveled up hardcore! Holy ****, I saw you **** Sung in friendlies. Your spacing on those tilts has gotten SO much better! Shame we didn't play more friendlies, but you'll be at Apex, so we can play then.

Sung - Gonna keep this short and simple. Should have ***** you in bracket. Salt, salt salt. That was a close *** set though.
(good **** destroying Texas on my behalf though; would have been sweeter to do it myself, but this is the second best outcome).

LASTLY: GOOD **** TO ALL OF TEXAS FOR THE TRASH TALK. GET ON MY LEVEL!
Disclaimer: I apologize to everyone I trashtalked (Edgar, Mojo, Arc, etc., if you guys were even paying attention) -- nothing personal, you guys are all amazing! Just had to support mah boy Sung in his loser's bracket rampage! If you think about it, I'm like the Fox News of Smash: balancing out the liberal Texas bias in our tournaments.

Sorry to anyone I forgot, but everyone I met was amazing!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Also, I found two controllers that were left behind that I will hold onto until their owners claim them

Kal

Smash Champion
QPAC, I didn't forfeit. I lost to Taylor and Thoraxe. Also, my Fox is normally a lot less weird, but I was having an off day. I was playing a little sluggish so I turned down the tech skill and tried playing smarter.

Which actually didn't work out for me as well as I hoped, because Thoraxe kind of ruined me with Luigi. <3

Found a set from like six months ago (last time I went to a tournament; I'm a horrible person) that shows that my Fox is normally less ********. Here and here. Though you probably should avoid anything labeled "Kal vs. Sethlon," because it's just three to six minutes of me trying to SHDL a Roy and failing horribly.

Gea

Smash Master
Sorry that I vanished before saying my goodbyes. My teammate was feeling under the weather so I got him home during bracket. This was my first big melee shindig in a long time and the first time I tried out my sheik in tournament. It was lots of fun.

Wobbles - Thanks for the advice and small talk.
Baka - How long are you gonna be in town? We neeeed to hang out before you go
Sung - Dude I probably walked right by you 20 times and we were just busy doing other stuff. Really good stuff by you and Baka, and I'm glad you came down to show us how it's done. Keep working on that sheik
QPac - You are super consistent on your punishes and I couldn't keep up with your speed. Next time you're mine, so be ready. Super fun matches.
Admiral - My favorite set of the day in game was with you. Your ICs get better and better every time I peek my head out. I almost pulled out my Doc but I wanted a legit win or loss with my Sheik, and it was worth every second. I have some pretty deep respect for anyone who sticks with ICs. Thanks for helping with running the event.
Jake - Our really short set helped me vs falco if you can believe it, and I love playing sets with you ever since HOST because you're such a chill guy. Train up for Apex, I'll be rooting for you.
Kal - Nice to see you again even if you didn't remember meeting me before. I know you help out a ton behind the scenes and I appreciate it.
Vic - Nice seeing you again dude. We didn't get to play and that sucks but I saw a few of your matches. I've always thought you were a good player who loved the game, I hope you play more often.
Keith - Thanks for coming with me and thanks for teaming. 'Nuff said.
Allan - Play Melee
Tarzan - We didn't talk much but it was great seeing you. It's never Melee without the king of the jungle.
Velox - My favorite set of the day was with you. Not cuz of how good we played or anything, but it was really nice to just talk with you. Instantly one of my favorite smashers.
Tallman - chilleh dawg
Trela - Drop Mewtwo
P4 - I saw yo girl giving me and Dave the winky eye. You know she wants the fried rice
RocketTrainer - That knee we landed in doubles friendlies was the thing of legends.
Bear - We didn't get to talk really but I'm always glad to see your face. You should put in the time and shake off the rust.
Risu - You were a really cool dude and I enjoyed our set. Don't give up. I'll be waiting for our rematch.
Frisbie - Yeah we didn't get to play and I was really looking forward to it, but you're the big man himself now. Good **** on TOing this event. The venue was cool and it was the best Houston event in a long, long time for me. We should hang some time.
Tree - If you're ever on the SW side hit me up, yo

I know ahead of time I forgot some people that weren't on the results or that I don't remember your tag 100% and didn't want to leave a shoutout to the wrong person. If I played doubles against you or friendlied you or even talked to you, please know that I was happy to see you and am super impressed with how things turned out yesterday.

Merry Christmas everyone

OldSchool09

Smash Cadet
This is Velox on my mysteriously not banned troll account.

Wobbles: Had a great time playing with you in teams when I first got to Hannah's house Friday night. I always really enjoy it when you come to our Houston events.
Baka: Showing what you're all about by beating Oscar and Sung, very impressive. Also..... Richard Feynman is god. Good to see you again.
ARC: I had a great time watching your sets with Kevin and MT, I'm going to try to watch more of your random sets next time. I'm still mad I missed you versus Luciano in Dallas a couple months ago.
Oscar: LOL. Always a pleasure to hang out with you. Seems like you get more and more entertaining to me.. I also wish we would have gotten to play Halo Wednesday...
MT: I was most impressed by you this weekend (well other than Hannah). Wow you're really good now. I really want to play you more next time, but I think you're simply too good for me to even mess around with anymore.
Tirno: I'm starting to realize how funny you are. I'll have to stand within earshot of you more. "I love doing B into down B with Falco. His best move into his other best move."
{color=DarkGay}Kevin:{/color} Very nice beating Taylor, you also improved against ARC, don't let a single match ruin your weekend.
Taylor: I know you were disappointed about losing to Kevin, but if it's any consolation I thought you were sick, as I said to you outside. Definitely hope to see you in Texas again. I was really salty about losing first round teams against you and QPac, but in hindsight I realize that we probably got lucky winning the first match. You guys were too good.
QPac: Smart fox. Thanks for trying to complement me after our pools set but I'm un-compliment-able ._.
Hannah: A tournament I'm sure you won't soon forget. Very impressed. Have to thank you for all of the hospitality as well, the high school kids - Hannah combo has really put Houston on the map. I had to laugh when I came inside and saw you at the bar heh, one of these days I'll provide alcohol consultation. Well maybe, heh. Oh, and ****! I forgot to pay you back for the Chinese buffet. I still owe you like 13$ dollars or whatever it was :glare: Also, Cesar brought my xbox back from Austin. I'll talk to you about it on facebook.
Jake: If I get to play Kevin's Falco more hopefully I'll come back and actually be able to have some good games with your falco for once. Also, now I can word associate toilet with "Jake".
John: I kept trying to watch a tournament match of yours but couldn't readily see where you were playing your tournament matches. I always enjoy watching you play OTHER people <.< heh
Thoraxe: Good to see you again! I enjoyed playing and talking with you.
Freddy: I was so glad to see Louisiana make it to this! Hopefully we can reciprocate, you guys are awesome!
Pho: 4 more years! lmao, I think it was you who said that. Also, I'm learning Falco by playing with Kevin, so I would like to implement things against you when we play again. I know you notice that we never get to play, but it's really that I don't get to play a lot of people because I don't rush to do matches, I camp irl. I play less than 35% of people at any given event.
Kal: I always really want to hang out with you, heh, you know why. Can't wait to get to hang out and talk proper. Always a pleasure to talk.
gaR: Man your Sheik is so solid now. SUCH a tough first match last stock against Kevin.
Kradi: heh, had a fun time in doubles, though I appeared very serious during the tournament afterwards I would joke about the times where we got ***** heheh. If we played teams more we would do better. What I DID want to do was watch you play people more, but I didn't get to see any of your tournament matches :( Always a fun time.
Dawn: I'm actually kind of a Dawn fan even though I never say anything to you :p Just wanted to let you know that.
yumcha: Always fun talking :) Resident Evil 6 is trash. Halo 4 is trash. Sorry I left during our friendlies at the end. I have severe anxiety (not prompted by any particular events) problems and had to leave to take drugs.
Tarzan: God damn it you should have come to Dallas.
Dr. Jack Carlson, MD. & Klept: What a pleasant surprise. Enjoyed playing/talking to you guys.
Gea: Holy crap. You were really cool. Definitely enjoyed talking during pools. Hope to see you again! Edit** Just read your shoutout, thanks! I completely reciprocate heh.
WaterlessFish: Nice to meet you. Both you and Thoraxe are too cool!
Vash: Heh, didn't get to talk or play with you :( I think it's actually kind of funny, I never get to play/talk to any of the Austin players even though I always want to.
Risu: Wow, you've improved. I think I speak for all of Houston when I saw we're always happy to see you at fests and or events.

Frisbie: Hah! What an amazing tournament! Who would have guessed? (I would have) I completely reciprocate with your shoutout towards me, always a great time playing. Thank you for an amazing experience.

Phillip: Dude, you're getting better! You've jumped up to the next level, I couldn't help but notice. Keep doing what you're doing. I suspect you will start beating good players soon. Though I've already said everything to you about what I thought about the tournament, great job with the tournament!

Michael: o-m-g we didn't talk enough. And as above, you guys are too good! Was looking for you at the Hannahfest Friday night :(

We would have had 50 people if Von and Luciano had entered. *sigh*.... I'm pretty sure Luciano was just out with some random girl Saturday afternoon.. *mightSeemOverlyCriticalIfYouDon'tKnowMeAndLuciano,ButIt'sNot*
For those that don't know, Luci and Von are actually good Houston players that could have shaken up the bracket, but no..

*shoutouts to Noc and Paul even though they didn't make it*

D

Deleted member

QPac - it was beyond fun man. hanging out the night before was as good as the tournament. teams were awesome. if we ever get the chance to team again i will make sure to get payback on austin. how often are you in dallas?

Sung - my friend with the beautiful asian woman hair. had some great sets the night before and too much fun. sucks we didnt play in teams or in singles. home the controller doesnt crap out on you any time soon, and thanks for inviting me in bed with you ;)

Baka - i really enjoyed our set man. it would have been awesome if you were there with us the night before. i think you 3 are some of the most fun people ive met through smash.

Austin- we didnt play any singles games at all. feels stupid. still need to come over for another party. last time was too much fun.

Admiral- thank you again for housing. your house is beautiful and i couldnt have asked for a more gracious host.

Thoraxe- luigi ditto mm any time you want

MT- ill make sure we get some games in next time. by the end when you said something about it i was so burnt out. i promise you didnt want to play me then. i REALLY enjoyed our team set. not just because we barely won, it could have gone either way. all 5 games were just awesome.

Jake13- i think i only played 1 game with you outside of teams. i need to change that for next time. im pretty fraudulent against falco and i would like to change that.

Tirno- also only played those 2 games in the set. im sure you would have liked to take out some revenge on me. ill make sure we get more games next time.

OldSchool- nice chatting with you outside. our teams match was the first game me and qpac played together ever lol. but it was legit. you and (i think) krandi played well. it was a much harder match than a couple of matches we played later in the bracket. and i was only kind of salty after losing. he played a really solid, consistent game. honestly i didnt go into it expecting anything hard and i was proven wrong for sure. in LA we have like 6 man tournaments that take 45 minutes to do a round robin. after playing really hard for like 7 hours i was pretty burnt out. my first instinct was pretty salty, but the more i thought about it i was kind of glad i didnt win. it was a close, good set, but if i had won i would have had to work my *** off against MT and anyone that i may have had to fight after that and i just dont think i had it in me.

GlibbyGlobby- ^that message was also kind of for you, in case you thought i was salty after. you played a great game man. i should have gotten some friendlies in with you the night before.

Frisbie and anyone else who helped run the tournament- thanks so much. it was really awesome. we'll be back for sure.

i would say something like "you should all come to LA for our next tournament!" but really, its kind of not worth it unless you get the FL panhandle to come too. but houston is not too far for us to drive, and not too far for the rest of texas too. so keep it up!

D

Deleted member

if you're talking about me, its mostly about respect. its not me, its a member of the LA community that lost his life last year.

Kal

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm sorry man. I had no idea it was anyone in particular; just saw someone's face on Fox's body and thought it was cool.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i would say something like "you should all come to LA for our next tournament!" but really, its kind of not worth it unless you get the FL panhandle to come too. but houston is not too far for us to drive, and not too far for the rest of texas too. so keep it up!
I'm definitely down to travel to Louisiana for a tournament, and that would be awesome if FL went too. Now that I think about it, I just realized I've never played melee outside of Houston...

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
whisper-ins

1: Wobbles: taking money from texans like you take the innocence away from little school boys. it was dope rollin in the ***** wagon with ya and getting to experience your s tier commentary firsthand. good ****, gabe and i will be cheerin for you at apex my *****. You're bad at math though, five does not come after Thor, learn 2 count scruuuuub.
2: Baka4moe: i'm kinda butt hurt mojo didn't beat you in your set, but good **** edgin out sung for 2nd. I'd love to play you some next time, no one i dfw plays a srs peach and that's one of luigi's better MUs.
3: Sung: Frame Perfect Sheik and luscious hair that got Taylor all hot and bothered. After watchin you do work with Sheik the night before and during tourney, i've come to completely support your conversion from spacies. Thanks for the friendlies and acknowledging my growth into manhood? lol smh omg, good luck at apex and thanks for the advice and sheik experience.
4: ARC: playing you in pools was sick/nasty as i expected, your set with MT reaffirmed my belief that you still hold the best marf in TX. marf dittos blow donkey **** tho. i'm under the impression things would've ended quite differently if you had played baka in WS or something like that, but bracket is bracket and texas lost to the OoS mofos. next time if you take your vengeance, i will supply you with ALL of the little boys in Wobble's stable.
5: Mojo: thanks for the post tourney silliness and forfeiting your hard earned cash to me in the secret MM of the century. Your laughter is OP as **** and should be banned next tourney, **** is too infectious. you have my vote for favorite H-town smasher, soley cuz you made me laugh long tiem. you need to come back hard next tourney on the reals, no drinkin till you take all of our money. win apex and throw all of your chalk in the air like kobe or some ****, ya dig? if you're ever down in the dfw, you got my greens.
5: MT: your 4 stock against glibbyglobby gave me aids, you'll be receiving my medical bills. good **** on 5th Matt, you're definitely climbing the ladder into A tier texas smashers. maybe next time you can match ARC in your whimsy tiara duels, keep up marf leveling and polish a few of the MUs.
7: Tirno: i love friendlies with this guy, mother****er trash talks harry potter while pooping on me, an impressive multitasking feat. we should friendly more next time; flaco ditto pewpew nawadimean? p.s. you can do better than 7th dood?! gotta master that marf MU or bust out the nipples aka c falcon.
7: GlibbyGlobby: our set in pools was so fun, that was probably my favorite set of the tourney. gg's, we should falco ditto next time when i'm feelin the birdie more. your set with MT was rough, i hope that means you'll just come back stronger and saltier, the best of luck to you mate.
9: QPac: funny dude, funny trash talk, gewd times.
9: Admiral: dayum, i'm flat out impressed someone with girl brains placed so well in tournament. your wobbling striked fear into my heart and made me appreciate the threat of icies that much more. on the reals, good set, although i tried peaching you lol (never again). Your truffles were quite truffley and delicious, your housing was top notch and comfortable, our friendlies were fun (i love double friendlies), and your name is not emily, Hannah. Thanks again, you rock and let it be known she took a game of Tirno dayyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuummmmm.
9: Taylor: The award for most closeted smasher and best trash talker goes to you my friend, wear the titles proudly back in Louisiana. gg's, what happened to ****ting on mojo tho!?!? lol all kiddin aside, you're a funny mother****er and you got a heart of a lesser metal, maybe aluminum or copper...
13: Obsoleet: my time would've been better spent luigi dittoing you ad nausaum instead of watching the hypeless loser finals, oh well. what you showed me is being implemented into my weeg, and together we shall rise from 13th place to the top of texas B tier... maybe. gg's and good talk, something we should do more of next time. idk about you, but i'm gonna be polishing my secondary for next event, because :luigimelee: flat out has some awful MUs and the only way to progress is to accept this truth and switch characters, just for a second tho.
13: Thoraxe: this ****** got a double shoryuken k.o. on blueballz gay *** kirby team in tourney, mad hype, errbody missed it :( /brag
13: Freddy: great fox, tight friendlies, awful frank sinatra voice tho.
13: JF: that controller drop was epic, we should play some next time, preferably on YS.
17: Tim: You played the luigi MU hella good, which unfortunately means kinda gay, but i ain't even mad! good set my dude, sorry you had to go up against mojo immediately afterwards, but better you than me hahahaa. if you're ever back in texas, i'm gonna ask for a MM cuz i've got some sodium chloride.
17: Kal: our set was kinda janky on both our parts, gg's nonetheless. peeps kept telling me good job for beating you, but i'm sure you could **** on me any other day. If you have any salt whatsoever, i'll be down to get **** on next time i'm in town, cuz your fox is interesting and fun.
17: JWU: justin is awesome and secretly my hero (secret's out). fun friendlies at Hannah's, your marth has got mad potential to accompany those spacies.
25: TGM: TGM COMMMBOOOOO, sethlon still reps your combo from time to time.
25: Tarzan: good pool set, although i definitely got some janky kills that i didn't really earn. sorry about the jank, but us plano thugs are str8 ruthless.
33: WaterlessFish: dang, pools can be rough my friend. We'll warm you up sufficiently and hopefully i can provide the same emotional support you gave me, cuz dat **** helps. you may have gotten last, but you definitely got first in my heart :secretkpop:

if i forgot you or we didn't play, then tough **** buddy, that's life my friend. Extra special thank you to Frisbie and co. for running my favorite tournament up to this date, very legit and there was free food lying around <3 gg's to all, and to all a good night.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not salty. Don't sell yourself short; your Luigi is awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to a rematch.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I had a really really really fun time. To the TOs: where will the videos be uploaded?

1: Wobbles: thank you for going ICs at my request. I dont get to play good players often and i really enjoy playing the characters they're best known for. GGs robbles
3: Sung: GGS SUNG. That set was by far the most emotional/stressful/fulfilling, those are the moments I enjoy most about competitive smash. Don't worry dude, I know the controller you used was amazing that day ;). Also I just realized all your bracket matches (cept wobbles) went to last game holy cow that sounds intense/exhausting. Thanks for teaming with me and the support, I probably would've lost to Taylor if you werent there tbh...Team Socal that's how its done! See you back in Cali, go **** at Apex mah dude.
4: ARC: Austin you are such a friendly guy, I'd like to play you more and get marth practice. I'm glad and sad we didn't meet in bracket lol, maybe next time. Ur pivots are impressive as always
5: Mojo: Oscar you're a fun guy to have in the melee community, it's always a pleasure playing you and your hype ***. GGs
5: MT: Matt we didn't get to play sadly, you left before we could mm. I hope you understand y id rather wait till later after tourney. Anyways ggs in teams in congrats on 5th, placing in that money.
7: Tirno: Edgar you're a funny guy. GGs in teams and I wouldve liked to have played you in tourney.
7: GlibbyGlobby: Chihayafuru season 2 dude, cant wait
9: QPac: Hey Quinn nice seeing you again, didnt get to play but from what i saw ur play was impressive. Also LOL im tryna think about how much he talked about the match on the way back
9: Admiral: Damn Hannah top 10 good stuff, you've improved so much since we first played. Hang those wins on your belt proud, and thanks for keeping the community alive with you're fests and such.
9: Taylor: Louisiana's pretty cool, thanks for coming out to the tourney. Our set was indeed fun, I was scared the whole time...until that 75% tho LOL. You seem like a cool chill guy and hope to play u again in the future
9: Dank13: Jake always a pleasure, sad we didnt get to teams mm though.
13: Obsoleet: John John John John! You're so cool. Thanks for cheering me on, always fun to talk to you. Sorry for not white elephanting tho :(
13: Freddy: Nice job beating sung haha
13: JF: Hey we finally met again after FC and still didnt play...
17: Tim: GGs in pools man, it was fun
17: Kal: Thanks for giving me my money back, I didnt realize my teammate paid for the both of us
17: timerB0mb: Vic you probably wont read this but thanks for watching my important bracket matches. Go do what you gotta do but I hope you keep playing melee.
17: gaR: Ivan nice seeing u again, your set with sung was pretty close!
17: Kradi: Thanks for the ride Richardo, nice job making bracket
17: Dawn: GGs dude, I feel like you didnt change up your approaches as much as you should which is why i got you in the later games. Stay technical :)
25: GNES: Keith we didnt get to play but it was great seeing you after like what, 6 years? Nice seeing you playing melee again
25: Tarzan: Tarzan you're pretty good in teams, lets talk more next time
25: Velox: Chris good luck on your Ph.D. man, i know it can be rough. It was great seeing you again!
33: W.E.M.P. : Hey we never talked or anything! Wtf lol sorry i missed u
33: Gea: Robert! Gah so nostalgic lol we need to play! I'm here for two more weeks man. Glad you're picking up melee again
41: Tallman: Nice seeing you again, game stop tourneys too gud

If I forgot anyone I apologize, I wasn't sure on a few names and didnt want to give the wrong shoutout. If we met and talked tho, it was a pleasure. Thanks again for hosting, and I hope you have more of these in the future!

edit: Thoraxe, thanks for the shoutout. I'm not sure if we met but yea im down to play you! Although luigis pretty weird lol
edit 2: How good I forget to individually thank the TOs wow. Alex nice job finding the venue and hosting, I'm glad you enjoyed your first hosting experience and hope you can make it a semi-regular thing. Philip you were chill I liked talking to you a bunch, fun friendlies at the start of the day. Nice job running bracket in the later part of the tourney. Michael thanks for running all the technical equipment stuff (even if you weren't always there! lololol). But yea great job all around guys.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
1: Wobbles: Always a pleasure to have you in town and make us humble. Your commentary is legendary and you are the classiest trash talker ever. META-TRASHTALK lol Also, dat mario.
2: Baka4moe: We played like one friendly when the venue opened (at least I got to crap on your un-warmed up fox for a game lol). Next time we need to play for real when I'm not distracted by other stuff. Good **** making it to winners finals you made a great run through the bracket. How long are you in town? Maybe we can play sometime before you head back to socal.
3: Sung: Your shiek is ghey as ****. haha Texas talks mad trash but to tell the truth we've got nothing but love and respect. You showed up and played well. I want to see you MM Oscar at Apex. It'd be sweeet. And don't stress over losing to baka. That's like one out of how many sets? :p
4: ARC: You're a cool dude, it was good meeting you. I was supposed to play you in pools but I ended up dropping out to focus on helping with the tournament. We got invited back by the venue because of this tournament's success so expect more in the future.
5: Mojo: WTF OSCAR you cost me $5. You better **** **** at apex dawg, wait 'till after the tourney to get ****ed up haha. But for real, you're my homie. Let's play smash some more over the break. I hardly played at all Saturday and I still need fox practice lol
5: MT: Matt you're a cool dude. Thanks for the support with Texas Melee channel. We didn't play at all, but hopefully next time. Your marth is really sick. Good **** ****** kevin in bracket he was soooo salty.
7: Tirno: Man you're really good. Surprised you didn't place higher. Good stuff in teams though.
7: GlibbyGlobby: Kevin your falco ****ed me up, but I felt like I was playing really bad that set haha I was messing up movement left and right and missed a bunch of easy edge guards. I'm glad you noticed I've gotten better though. I just started trying to step up my game in the last few weeks or so and I feel like I've made progress for once. Next time it'll be closer.
9: QPac: Good **** taking my $5 in that sidebet. Sung is too good at DIing those fox up airs. Your trash talk was hilarious too.
9: Admiral: Woah, I guess we have to ban wobbling next tourney. Haha jk, you earned this placing. Good stuff with all the upsets. Just consider yourself lucky I wasn't in your pool ;)
9: Taylor: THAT 75% DOWNSMASH HOLY **** THAT SUCKED
9: Dank13: Dude, you're the illest, chillest mofo in the scene. Don't let one iffy placing get you down. I really enjoyed friendlies with you at Hannah's. I felt like I learned so much from playing your falco and I think it helped me see how much better I've gotten recently. We need to chill sometime though, for real.
13: Obsoleet: "POOP IN HIS BUTT!" haha what? I don't even understand
13: Thoraxe: It was good talking to you. Man you get so many ****ing misfires. I was definitely playing better the night before and I'm going to be sure to learn the weegee matchup so next time we play expect to lose ;P
17: Kal: YO, thanks for all the organization help. You were seriously a life saver. You helped Frisbie and I out a ton and we learned so much about TOing from all this. Too bad you weren't feeling it in bracket though. It all good though; it happens to everyone.
17: gaR: Dude, we didn't play but I really want to get some friendlies in with your shiek. I've hear it's gotten better and I wan't to test my knowledge in that MU
17: Kradi: Richardo! When are we having the usual get-together at Chuy's? I'm so down for that like nobody's business.
17: Dawn: Hey dude, it was fun talking again. We didn't play thought, what's up with that? **** I was just to focused on other things. I still want to get some matches in with your fox. Maybe an mm is in order?
25: TGM: Good **** not johning and entering the tourney. Could this be a melee comeback? Anyways I'd love to have your support in the future because, despite what anyone says about you, you're a good TO.
25: yumcha: Nice talking to you again. Sad we didn't play.
25: D: Thanks for letting us use your phone, even though you had to leave early. Michael has your adapter by the way.
25: Tarzan: Get that Samus outta here. haha Rough luck against Thoraxe. Luigi is so jank, especially against fast fallers and you got jipped a couple times for sure. Shake it off though you're such a solid player.
25: Linkbane: Sorry for spelling your name wrong even though you spelled it out for me hahaha
25: Velox: Chris, you are consistently one of my favorite people in the melee scene. Talking with you is always a pleasure. Thanks a bunch for helping me warm-up for my matches even though I ended up forfeiting haha. I always enjoy and appreciate your advice/input and I'm glad you see my improvement. I'm seriously hoping to level up soon and I think that if I want to perform up to the standard I'm striving for I can't be running a tournament at the same time lol. I need to keep playing my hardest and keep learning and getting better. You and I have way more in common when it comes to the anxiety thing than you know so don't stress out about that haha.
25: Perfect Engrish: Was it you that paid for his entry with a ****ING HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL? You ******* (assuming it was you lol)
33: Gea: You're a super chill guy. I want to play your shiek in singles though.
33: WaterlessFish: You're a funny guy. It was good meeting you and Thoraxe this weekend. Come to houston more!

Frisbie: mah *****

Cha Chi: THAT ****ING WHITE ElEPHANT! So much mindgames!

Anyone else, thanks for helping make this tournament the big success that it was. The people at the venue responded really well and approached us several times about coming back. I'm thinking we can transition into some sort of regular (tri-monthly perhaps?) regional tournament there. I learned so much from this event and was really happy with the way it turned out. I was a little disappointed with how much trouble we had getting the stream going, but it is what it is. Thanks again, everybody, for coming out! It was a ton of fun. Next time I'll make sure to play more melee instead of stressing out over stuff.

MT_

Smash Ace
Wobbles - Always a pleasure to see and play you. I always learn a lot about the game whenever I sit down with you and thanks for always accepting my money matches lol. Someday I'll finish downloading you and scrape out two wins in a row and then be a happy man (actually probably never going to happen but I'll keep trying!) Congratulations on the win; unfortunately I couldn't stay to watch til the end but I'm sure you didn't have any trouble.
Baka4moe - Congratulations on second. We should definitely play next time.
Sung - Really fun friendlies at Hannah's. You're right that my spacies MU is a lot better than my other MU's; I guess it's just a consequence of being a Texas player where all of our top players are spacey mains lol. But I'll be working on the other matchups; next time we should MM for sure, unfortunately I had to leave early. Maybe at Apex?
ARC - GGs in our set. I was looking forward to playing you and hoping I could scrape out a victory but it looks like I'm not quite there yet.
Mojo - Close set and GGs. We should play more. I'd really enjoy a one on one session with you if you know what I mean ;). Next time you gotta beat Sung and Baka though... you're letting us all down mang!
Tirno - We gotta figure something out for getting you to play as well in tournament as your potential. When I watch you play it's like completely different from what I know you're capable of.
GlibbyGlobby - Why do you always choke against me :( I know you can put up a better fight...
QPac - You're a really fun guy and I might have come off as an *** sometimes but I do appreciate your hype. Your Fox is really solid and was giving me trouble in those friendlies that we were having and I feel like I only won those because of some silly luck lol. Let's MM at Apex.
Admiral - I'm really scared to run into you because I know you have a genuine shot at legitimately beating me... Beating you in friendlies means nothing because you don't wobble in them D:. Super congratulations on your placing and showing everyone that you're a force to be reckoned with.
Taylor - We didn't get to play at all :( but Marth dittos are *** anyways. Your Fox was a force to be reckoned with in doubles though! I'm pretty salty about losing that set but you're right, it could have gone either way and you/QPAC were a solid team. Next time we'll play for sure, and maybe even MM!
Dank13 - We had a good run in teams for not having any prior teaming experience (and for playing ****ty teams characters lol). Get scraped in singles though; I told you I'd be ready for your Falcon next time around! Though admittedly I resorted to playing a little campy ta ta. Also lol@everyone in this thread calling you a campy Falco LOLLLLLLL
Obsoleet - You had me really scared during our set, honest and genuine. Your Luigi is so legit; you just choked and threw away stocks against me :(. Next time though I want to beat you at your best so don't choke vs me! Also thanks for being awesome like always!!
Thoraxe - Good to see you again and thanks for always cheering for me haha. We didn't get to play but we had played recently and there were a plethora of other players that I know we both wanted to play instead so... but good **** beating Kal, it took me much longer to be even capable of doing that so keep up the good stuff.
Freddy - I only played you in a few friendlies but you're a chill dude and have a smooth Fox. I unfortunately didn't get to play LA players much at all but we should definitely change that next time around. MM!!
JF - You should have beaten Jake so that we could have had a tourney set :mad: we haven't had one in so long...
Pho - Favorite Mexican!
Kal - Great seeing you as always and playing you is always a challenge (winning against you is a huge challenge). I always feel like I have to camp you so I did in our pools set. You obviously weren't on your game but next tourney...! You should play more if you have the time; everyone is getting better and I feel like you're kind of stagnant since you don't play much.
gaR - GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN IVAN also stop being a traitor :(.
JWU - Hey you have a promising Marth. Your dashdancing is really good and was giving me a lot of trouble. You had me on edge and I really had to focus to pull out my win over you. We should play some friendlies next time.
Dawn - We didn't end up playing LOL sorry for cheering so hard against you but you know how it is. But seriously we need to play sometime...
GNES - You're such a cool guy! Fun doubles set :).
Velox - You're always a pleasure to chill with and play against and I'm always happy when you come to play friendlies with me. Doubles at Hannah's was fun as hell too haha.
Perfect Engrish - I know you can get better HURRY UP AND DO IT I think you have a lot of potential but you're taking too long to unlock it all so please prove me right!!!!
RDNG - Super fun friendlies man. Hopefully my advice was useful; for now you can still work on smoothing out your tech skill and basics. BASICS!
WaterlessFish - Sweet deal seeing you again and thanks for having my back and cheering for me throughout. We had a fun pools set and I think you're pretty damn good for how long you've been playing. Keep it up and see you in future tourneys.
Sun - Fun pools set! We should get in some friendlies next time.
Grinin - Finally met you and committed you to my memory banks lol. I really appreciate what you're doing for the Texas Melee scene and a hundred props for having a successful first tournament of this scope. There were a lot of small things that could have gone better but it's a learning experience and I trust that you'll analyze how this tournament went and make the next one even better. Next time we should play some melee! Oh and I hope that I proved that I should be included in the next hype video ;).
Frisbie - Good to finally meet you and great tournament etc., let's play next time! Pretty much the same shoutouts as above lol.
Blue Ballz - Get scraped in teams lolloloolol.

I believe that there is an error in the doubles bracket image (Mojo/Dawn beat Tirno/Arc in Winners Semis; Tirno/Arc then beat everyone up until Baka/Sung instead of Mojo/Dawn doing it). There were a few things that I felt could have been done better (blank pre-made pools sheets, pens, not ranking everyone specifically because there WILL be ambiguity between who is better than who and then letting tio/chance determine who plays who between those of the same skill tier), but it was still a great tournament regardless and I hope I'll be able to make it to future ones. The venue was awesome, so 100 good ****s for getting them. My videos should be going up on the Texas Melee channel within the next few days and I'm gonna need some help identifying some people (maybe) but hopefully things should go without a hitch. GGs to all!

EDIT: I'm also curious about the payouts. Can those be listed in the results?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
laskjdf;laskjalhsdoiasjdgkajsfa

had fun playing P:M with everyone

etc etc

i remember no ones name

regardless, had fun ggs to all i played

laziest shout outs ever haha

I was the black guy with glasses who owned the setup btw.

<3

peace

P.S. - OH. I did play Wobbles. GG. Your wario is super smart. **** me harder next time plz. ;_;

and of course

my *****.

TREE. Smash is always fun when i play with you. You're like the best person to play with ever. period. no doubt. <333333

luv u

D

Deleted member

im definitely down for a MM. gotta catch me the day of the tournament, but before the tournament starts though.

Kal

Smash Champion
MT, everyone else is stagnant. I'm just getting worse. Also your mom is stagnant.

Payouts were:

1) $235
2) $141
3) $47
4) $23
5) $12
5) $12

I think.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
^That sounds correct to me. Also I'll fix the doubles bracket as soon as I can. And I definitely appreciate any and all feedback/criticism.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Any plans for next one?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
It's still pretty up in the air. All I can say is that there most certainly will be more tournies at the same venue.

VASH

Smash Cadet
My pool results are wrong i 2-0'd klept, got beat by timerbomb and freddy 1-2 and lost my other matches 0-2, just for the record.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
ggs to everyone i played. it was a fun tourney and i need a **** ton more consistency lol. oh well next time i'll do better. maybe ill edit more in later when i'm not posting from my xbox lol.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
My pool results are wrong i 2-0'd klept, got beat by timerbomb and freddy 1-2 and lost my other matches 0-2, just for the record.

Sorry about that. Most of the pools results were done by hand since we were having some problems with tio at the time. I wasn't manning the station durring pools so I'm not entirely sure how that happened.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Any plans for next one?
Date-wise I'm thinking sometime in February, maybe even early March, but the date isn't set at all. So far my plans event-wise are starting earlier, running a novice bracket ,and maybe crew battles at the end.

MT_

Smash Ace
Another suggestion: maybe start the event earlier, especially if anticipating a larger turnout. In Austin we usually open the doors at 11 and try to get doubles underway by 12 or 12:30... leaves plenty of time for the events to run and also more time for melee/friendlies/MMs and stuff.

Also, I've already began uploading videos (I think I've finished splitting everything) and it's very possible that I've incorrectly identified players in the sets I'm uploading so please keep a look out for those videos and tell me if I messed up! http://www.youtube.com/user/TexasMelee are where I'm uploading them. Each video is taking like 1.5-2 hours to upload and I have 26 sets so it may take a couple days to get them all up but it'll happen...

VASH

Smash Cadet
Sorry about that. Most of the pools results were done by hand since we were having some problems with tio at the time. I wasn't manning the station durring pools so I'm not entirely sure how that happened.
Its all good

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Really had fun, great 'first tourney' experience ! Hope you guys hold another around the same time next year when I am back in Houston

1: Wobbles: Thanks for all the advice and tips. Also mercilessly ****** me. That is always fun

2: Baka4moe: I think I came by for a moment to a t.v. you were at but you seemed frustrated at your float cancels and didn't want to play so I didn't wanna bother you. I was the dude with the white button up shirt and black pants. Maybe next time ;D

4: ARC: hey man nice to meet you, I wish there was some time for friendlies!

5: Mojo: We only talked at the beginning of the tournament, but it was really cool that you came up and introduced yourself when I was visably kind of lost/nervous. Your set with Sung was so amazingly hype it was awesome to watch. When I am next in houston we will need to play ;D

13: Obsoleet: You are the man, and will forever be an obsoleet fanboy haha. I will send good tidings to jacob/vudujin when I see him <3

17: Pho: Another player giving me lots of great advice! You gave me a lot to think about after our pools games and I definitely started edge gaurding better because of you :)

17: Kal: It was awesome to meet somebody who's posts I have been reading for ever on general discussion, haha. You are a really cool dude, and I really hope to play more with you some time. Thanks for the compliments about my peach :embarrass::embarrass:

25: GNES: I have never felt so pressured in my life.
25: TGM: It had been so long since I had last seen you! Glad you remembered me and thanks for all the friendlies man

33: W.E.M.P. : take everyones advice and go to as many tourneys/events as possible. Your biggest weakness is definitely the fact you don't go out more

Top Bottom