• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Possibly] New Falco AT: The Phantozzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
This may or may not be known, but I did some work with it just in case.

The 'Phantozzie' is a technique involving a ledge, falco's phantasm and follow-up moves. It is done by inputting two phantasms offstage, at the top of the auto-sweetspot range. If done correctly, Falco will phantasm into the ledge, then stop; all momentum will cancel and Falco will fall. From this position, Falco can use his jump, dair, bair, nair, fair, uair, lasers, up+B, phantasm and reflector.

I have made a video to better demonstrate the positioning and some follow-ups.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If run-off phantasm is used I can get it 90% consistently, but from a greater distance it's pretty much impossible to do on-purpose ;)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've discovered SHDL guys.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Alright, just thought I would bring it up. I'll do some more testing with distance and see what I can figure out.

Congrats, Teran >_<

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
guissy guissy! if u press a and then uus usmahs u can combo it rely good if a hit sory fro straeng explanification but i no english mother :D

Denzi

Smash Master
Quit being mean guys.

I'm pretty sure we don't know the full details of this thing anyway. We could use this thread for testing and potentially discover a gam3bre4k!nG C0mBo!!!!!!1111!!!

Probably not. But let's see what we come up with.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Phantozzie.

EL OH EL.

This has been found already, just look up Massiveguns' "So Brawl Has No Tech Skill?" video on Youtube, see all his stuff of how he uses it.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Quit being mean guys.

I'm pretty sure we don't know the full details of this thing anyway. We could use this thread for testing and potentially discover a gam3bre4k!nG C0mBo!!!!!!1111!!!

Probably not. But let's see what we come up with.
Much appreciated =D

I'll look into it a bit more, for sure.

Phantozzie.

EL OH EL.

This has been found already, just look up Massiveguns' "So Brawl Has No Tech Skill?" video on Youtube, see all his stuff of how he uses it.
I'll do that.

EDIT:

The only really promising utilization of this tech seems to be out of the wall jump. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-AtpbOzPZI)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
That, and for mindgames I guess when put under pressure or being edge-guarded.

That is, if you can time it right and see it coming as well.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm a bit shocked at how evil people are here.

Of course it was known, but most people when they discovered it went "oh lol" and never tried it again. At least ToZ tried to see the possible options out of it.

It is not a very useful AT, but the information on its followups was useful. But I think it's hard to incorporate into one's gameplay. Interesting though, I'll try it out.

Notra

Smash Ace
I'm a bit shocked at how evil people are here.

Of course it was known, but most people when they discovered it went "oh lol" and never tried it again. At least ToZ tried to see the possible options out of it.

It is not a very useful AT, but the information on its followups was useful. But I think it's hard to incorporate into one's gameplay. Interesting though, I'll try it out.
king not all ppl here r duche bags, (tommy g, Denzi, kurozero, me, others). But yes there r a lot of duches on falco boards

Denzi

Smash Master
king not all ppl here r duche bags, (tommy g, Denzi, kurozero, me, others). But yes there r a lot of duches on falco boards

Wait, so am I or aren't I?

And I can test stuff when I get my Wii back, but I don't know how long that'll take.

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
off topic: i think the chainspike (chain grab to spike) should be called the paingrab.

"I lost that tourney because that falco did a phantozzie to paingrab on me"

LOL

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The problem is that there is instantly a new thread + ****, there's a general and a qusestion thread, it's just completely unneeded.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
The problem is that there is instantly a new thread + ****, there's a general and a qusestion thread, it's just completely unneeded.
Referring back to what Denzi was saying, this thread could be used for discussion about this technique. To post something like this in the Q&A or General Discussion Threads could derail those places.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Things only derail when they're not worth talking about.

But yeah, if you can go in-depth with this I will admit to be impressed.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Discovering new things that are practical, or other applications of something already known, as long as it's applicable to your game.

In-depth is not posting a video of you doing something already known. The brawl has no tech skill shows some nice follow ups out of the cancel, which is going in-depth on the follow ups.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Discovering new things that are practical, or other applications of something already known, as long as it's applicable to your game.

In-depth is not posting a video of you doing something already known. The brawl has no tech skill shows some nice follow ups out of the cancel, which is going in-depth on the follow ups.
Maybe you should rewatch my video.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Well, its basically the same thing as Massivegun's video, just not using jumps right after it though. You don't need to hit forward special twice to do it, it just depends on which part of the stage you hit/run into as your running off to phantasm.

Most those follow-ups really won't actually work to well, why would you do all that just to mindgame/edgeguard someone from off-stage rather when you can be using it while the opponent is on the stage. That's really not in-depth though, thats just showing the basics of what can be done with it. In-depth is prob' adding more set-ups like massive's was, he didn't need to go into a whole lotta' detail about it cause most people already know about this, but if your gonna add the info about it, at least add correct info.

This could have been discussed in General Discussion though. I'm pretty sure there has been a topic about this before, even if its old, we had one, nothing came out of it. Falco's are already trying out different stuff that could actually help our game, rather then just looking flashy. :)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Well, its basically the same thing as Massivegun's video, just not using jumps right after it though. You don't need to hit forward special twice to do it, it just depends on which part of the stage you hit/run into as your running off to phantasm.

Most those follow-ups really won't actually work to well, why would you do all that just to mindgame/edgeguard someone from off-stage rather when you can be using it while the opponent is on the stage. That's really not in-depth though, thats just showing the basics of what can be done with it. In-depth is prob' adding more set-ups like massive's was, he didn't need to go into a whole lotta' detail about it cause most people already know about this, but if your gonna add the info about it, at least add correct info.

This could have been discussed in General Discussion though. I'm pretty sure there has been a topic about this before, even if its old, we had one, nothing came out of it. Falco's are already trying out different stuff that could actually help our game, rather then just looking flashy. :)
It's in depth by his definition, is what I was saying.

The only real reason you would use it is for the meteor smash possibility and mind****.

Instead of all this useless banter, I'm going to do some testing with it.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Meteor smash possibility, do you realize how hard it would be to get the opponent when offstage in that position, as well as timing the 'phantozzie' to glitch, and turn into a spike where as you could mess up and do a regular IAP from off-stage, or the Dair could miss and you'd fall to your doom as you fastfalled it most likely.

Off-stage opponents, won't work for mindgames. On-stage, possibly. That's basically it daw.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Meteor smash possibility, do you realize how hard it would be to get the opponent when offstage in that position, as well as timing the 'phantozzie' to glitch, and turn into a spike where as you could mess up and do a regular IAP from off-stage, or the Dair could miss and you'd fall to your doom as you fastfalled it most likely.

Off-stage opponents, won't work for mindgames. On-stage, possibly. That's basically it daw.
Possibility. Who said dair? Phantozzie can spike; even if you did use dair, as demonstrated in the video, you can jump beforehand and use it on the ascension. If you did a regular phantasm, you would end up on the ledge with invincibility frames or safely onstage.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lol ok. If you can get a vid of spiking someone with the phantasm in a competitive match, using the trickies/'phantozzie', I'll leave you alone about it.

Pretty hard to set that up though, but whatever. :)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
lol ok. If you can get a vid of spiking someone with the phantasm in a competitive match, using the trickies/'phantozzie', I'll leave you alone about it.

Pretty hard to set that up though, but whatever. :)
What part of possibility do you not understand? I've had to state and restate it. I hope a third time is all that is necessary.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This thread has no purpose at this point other than to cause silly arguments.
Since this is a known AT, all things about it can be moved into one of the Falco Discussion threads.

Now stop and let this die/get closed in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom