• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POSSIBLY A MEDIOCRE RANT (Facebook note)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Link to original post: [drupal=4507]POSSIBLY A MEDIOCRE RANT (Facebook note)[/drupal]

Please ignore the grammatical errors in the text, English is not my native language.

https://informationisadrug.wordpress.com/

"Originally posted on Facebook on 3rd of August in 2011:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=199563203431728

Updated 3.8.2011
Due to societal pressure and brainwashing I used to think that I need to stop dreaming and start living in “reality” instead. They told me that I need to “wake up” to reality from my dreams. Now, it is the exact opposite: I need to dream in order to live in reality for there is no other way to experience reality, for this reason I dream constantly whether I am awake or asleep. Contradictory to what the people tell you, there is no reality to wake up to, or if there is, it is only a pathetic illusion of happiness created by a fundamentally sick society and marketing industries (i.e. The Western fantasy of happiness). There is no distinction between reality and my dreams for I create my reality with my actions, words, and most of all, thoughts (as everyone else). These are the three main components of this “reality” that everyone is telling you to wake up to, thus I find these attempts humorous.
I used to search for “god” or creator outside of myself, for 15 years I did exactly that. I have recently concluded that this futile attempt has been the biggest mistake of my life for I wasted so many years only to realize that I was looking for god from a wrong place. It was only when I started to look for god within myself that I truly found him. In addition, I found the real meaning of my life which led me to find what I call true happiness. For so many years I was told that in order to satisfy the deep void inside myself I would need to have a personal relationship with god. For 15 years I did my best to achieve that relationship: I prayed, read my religion’s holy scriptures, attempted services, camps, meetings, and prayed more. Despite all my efforts, god never responded to my humble intentions and wishes to have contact with him. This “failure or total incapability of god” led me to logically assume that there was no god to begin with, at least no christian god. But it was then that the fellow followers of my religion essentially told me that it was MY fault that god never responded to me, it had to be, there was no other way because the christian god longs for relationship with human beings. It couldn’t be god’s fault or his incapability for he was omnipotent and perfect. After 15 years of this nonsense I basically said: “Ok, **** this, I am going to have to look for somewhere else”.
I always wanted to believe that there was a reason, a creator, “a greater truth”. This was possibly due to my religious background because of which I needed a reason to live (some people may see this desire as a sign of “weakness”). Because the typical assumption of most atheists (an assumption that there was no creator, no purpose, no greater meaning or truth etc.) served no purpose to me, I decided to keep looking for the greater meaning of life. I did it for the following reason: I had no interest, motive, nor reason to build my entire life on such a pitiful and pessimistic assumption, though most atheist would describe this assumption of theirs as “realistic”.
What I found on this so-called “quest for truth, creator and purpose” is the following:
I, and (everyone else on this planet for that matter) was and is, in fact, a creator, “a prototype of god”. We create by the means I described before, we co-create together, and the sum of our creativity is the world you see in front of you (and I do not mean your computer screen, look out the window). Some people may see the world as a pretty grim place but when I look at the larger picture: This massive system of co-creation, I see it as something very beautiful and amazing for is not static nor set in stone but it is vibrant and under constant change.
But there was more to what I found.
My greatest personal discovery was when I found evidence supporting the claim that man was, in fact, more than just a physical complex, that is, a pile of atoms that form our bodies, internal organs etc.
I know that most people who are not religious disagree with this. For those that do, I have no intention of attempting to change your worldview or trying to change your mind. But if you are curious to find the reasons, the pieces of evidence that support my belief in this matter, just familiarize yourself with the field of parapsychology and its’ studies and research. My claim is, that if a man is merely a physical complex the words such as “parapsychology”, “supernatural”, “psychic”, “near-death-experience”, “out-of-body-experience”, “reincarnation” and “poltergeist” would not even exist for there would be no catalyst which would have contributed to the birth of those words.
But as I stated, I do not wish to change your mind or worldview for the sake of personal sensations of superiority or self-affection.
I CANNOT change your worldview, your belief system, if you do not wish for it to be challenged for man only takes in information that supports his current belief structures neglecting any information that would threaten them. Religions and religious people in general are great examples of this.
I do not mean to imply that my belief system would be correct or somehow superior to yours. I have learned that everyone has their own path to follow and no man can tell another man that their path is wrong.
I believe that all paths lead to the same place, back to the source, or home. I do not believe in hell. I do not believe in heaven. I do not believe in god in a typical sense of the word, for it implies that god is an entity separated from man.
I do not believe in skeptics, I believe in idealists. I do not believe in the current economic system for it contributes to inequality, suffering, scarcity, and corruption.
I believe in change, in a change for better. I believe in change because it is the ultimate constant. I believe in a change for better because I am committed to contribute to it for the rest of my life for it is my dream and fulfilling my dream is what makes me happy. If you do not believe that one single man could make significant change in the world or make a difference, just look at your history books. In fact, just look up ANY of the many great names of history. You will find individuals who had very, very grand dreams, dreams that most people would define as: “utopian”. These people believed in their dreams, followed them and as they worked on their dreams they changed the world, literally. In the words of Henry Ford: “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you are right”.
To close this message, I want to ask you to focus on your thoughts and your words. What are you creating? Is it positive? Is it negative? If you wish to see more positive things in the world and in your life just think positively, remember that like attracts like, and your thoughts function like a magnet. So what I am asking you to do is to dream, and to work hard for your dreams, you will find that it is the only thing that makes you truly satisfied with your life. Don’t let anyone convince you that your dream is too big or utopian, or that you are, somehow, “disconnected from reality”, just believe in your dreams and believe in yourself. Be that change you want to see in the world, focus on optimism rather than pessimism, or what they call “realism”. Remember that realism is always relative and highly overrated, I might even go as far as to state that realism does not even exist.
We are creators, so let’s create a better world for ourselves and for everyone on this planet, we will get there eventually.
Peas, and love.
Adonai.

Hello, I wrote a small blog earlier today about my big personal discoveries and I think it's ****ing awesome. I make some really big arguments in my blog, such as the claim that a man might be more than just a physical being (I am an atheist myself so this might seem controversial).
I know the title of my writing is provocative but it's also honest because I sincerely feel that I've written something really, really good. Obviously I am the only one that thinks so and my opinion is utopian (I'm hardly a realist), but it's all good ^^. I'm using really fancy English, that is the, highest level of English I personally know which I know isn't that sophisticated and I'm sure you will find grammatical errors in my writing.

I would appreciate if you had time to read my blog, maybe comment on it and so on, I'd love to discuss about the subjects presented in the text.
To keep track of the comment flow I will only post a link to my Facebook-page for everybody to read rather than posting it here.
You can read the blog even without a Facebook account and anyone with a Facebook account can comment on it.

Cheers =)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
"I think you need to lay off the weed."

Fuujin, I must say this, you are ****ing hilarous and I am truly baffled by to complexity of your argument and the brilliant reasoning you gave for it (which is null because you didn't give any reasoning). Now I'm completely "outspaced" and don't know what to do.

I don't smoke weed.

You argument is invalid.

Really Smashboards, is this the best you can do? Maybe I overestimated these boards, still waiting for any intelligent comments.

Please, if you disagree with the text bring up the points you disagree with and well conversate.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I saw the picture next to the blog and deduced that if you do in fact smoke weed (this is not a judgment). After that, I read the first six words of the blog, basically figured out what it was going to be about, and stopped reading it right there.

You will receive intelligent comments when you post something intelligent.

EDIT: This thread title is an oxymoron.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is there a reason you can't just copy the note into the OP?
Yes, read the OP.

"To keep track of the comment flow I will only post a link to my Facebook-page for everybody to read rather than posting it here.
You can read the blog even without a Facebook account and anyone with a Facebook account can comment on it."

I think that he's AV.
I beg your pardon?

I saw the picture next to the blog and deduced that if you do in fact smoke weed (this is not a judgment). After that, I read the first six words of the blog, basically figured out what it was going to be about, and stopped reading it right there.

You will receive intelligent comments when you post something intelligent.

EDIT: This thread title is an oxymoron.
I don't even know why I am replying to a person who hasn't read the blog but whatever.
I chose that picture because I think it's very beautiful, what's the issue?
Read the blog entirely, it is only after then that you can make justified arguments/conclusions about that. But if you want to believe that you have a supernatural power to predict written text based on couple of opening lines I can't change your mind.

My point is, you haven't given any reasoning to why the blog is "unintelligent" and you won't be able to do so until you read it. If you do, then you can criticize it and tell me what's wrong with it.
Btw, it IS an intelligent text, feel free to disagree after you have red it =)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You wasted more than my total lifetime trying to answer bull**** questions like this? Stop smoking weed and do something instead of posting your metaphysical thoughts on a website where it will just be ridiculed.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What the **** is this?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Oh my, apparently the smashboards community is unable to give me any kind of constructive feedback, you know anything longer than two sentences. If you don't like the text, tell me why, what didn't you like about it and what you disagree with and he can have a conversation about it.

I feel like posting here was a mistake in the first place, I'm surrounded by morons who can't even give reasons for their arguments.

I used to think that there were some intelligent people posting on these forums, apparently I was wrong.

I mean seriously, are some "weed jokes" the best argumentation you can give me to back up your opinions with? It is truly a joke that is getting old very fast.

Still waiting for any intelligent and thoughtful responses.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Novice is AV, ********, high, or all of the above.
I'm not sure if you're stupid, ignorant, annoying or all the above. His join date is 2007.

It's a positive message to make your dreams a reality though the wording you use makes it a little difficult to understand in places.

Kind of reminded me of this

Glad you found your direction though ^^;

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh my, apparently the smashboards community is unable to give me any kind of constructive feedback, you know anything longer than two sentences. If you don't like the text, tell me why, what didn't you like about it and what you disagree with and he can have a conversation about it.

I feel like posting here was a mistake in the first place, I'm surrounded by morons who can't even give reasons for their arguments.

I used to think that there were some intelligent people posting on these forums, apparently I was wrong.

I mean seriously, are some "weed jokes" the best argumentation you can give me to back up your opinions with? It is truly a joke that is getting old very fast.

Still waiting for any intelligent and thoughtful responses.
Trust me you're not the first person to tell me that

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Can people just seriously stop insulting Novice as their first post here?

I mean if he did something to provoke you that's one thing, but he wrote a blog and if you thought it was ********, you could have just not replied and *gasp*, it would have died.

But no, everyone has to come in and be a ****, because of course, that's ENTIRELY ****ING NECESSARY.

The only ******* in here are all of you and you should slap your mothers for falling on their stomachs when they were pregnant, on top of them not teaching you any manners.

So if this insulting continues, you'll face more than my signature verbal lashings.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can people just seriously stop insulting Novice as their first post here?

I mean if he did something to provoke you that's one thing, but he wrote a blog and if you thought it was ********, you could have just not replied and *gasp*, it would have died.

But no, everyone has to come in and be a ****, because of course, that's ENTIRELY ****ING NECESSARY.

The only ******* in here are all of you and you should slap your mothers for falling on their stomachs when they were pregnant, on top of them not teaching you any manners.

So if this insulting continues, you'll face more than my signature verbal lashings.
Didn't you comment as well though?

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Novice, if English is your second language, something might be getting lost in translation here. Which could be why people are getting confused. Your post is difficult to understand in places.

In fact, just look up ANY of the many great names of history. You will find individuals who had very, very grand dreams, dreams that most people would define as: “utopian”.
"Utopian" refers specifically to an idealistic society. It doesn't refer to other forms of idealism, which is what I think you were talking about here.

Also, history has a lot of realists and pragmatists too. Most of the people who ever wielded considerable political power were not idealists. Most were ruthless.

That isn't to say that your optimism/idealism is a bad thing, just that it doesn't apply to everything.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Didn't you comment as well though?
He didn't directly insult him. Which is how he gets away with insulting people most of the time :awesome:

But really, this thread is like the Bat Signal for insults. The title is ridiculous, the way it was originally presented was a bit ridiculous, and the way the actual blog was presented was lazy. Also, with a profile pic like that and a blog named "Information is a drug," its impossible not to call him a hippy.

As for the actual blog, it wasn't too bad, Novice. I liked the message behind it (do positive things), though I thought the deeper philosophical messages (realism, etc.) dragged on a bit and didn't really add much to it. But that's just me.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I beg your pardon?
I should've precised. I meant AlienVision, a delusional boy banned from SWF. But really, since your join date is 2007 it wouldn't make sense. You shouldn't proclaim it to be the most awesome piece of writing ever though, it sounds very narcissistic. It wasn't a bad read though, I admit.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm not sure if you're stupid, ignorant, annoying or all the above. His join date is 2007.

It's a positive message to make your dreams a reality though the wording you use makes it a little difficult to understand in places.

Kind of reminded me of this

Glad you found your direction though ^^;
Thank you for the feedback and the link.

Actually its more like tl;dr this guy is a mad happy.
I am. Not mad, but happy.

Novice, if English is your second language, something might be getting lost in translation here. Which could be why people are getting confused. Your post is difficult to understand in places.

"Utopian" refers specifically to an idealistic society. It doesn't refer to other forms of idealism, which is what I think you were talking about here.

Also, history has a lot of realists and pragmatists too. Most of the people who ever wielded considerable political power were not idealists. Most were ruthless.

That isn't to say that your optimism/idealism is a bad thing, just that it doesn't apply to everything.
Thank you for clarifying, in my language and in every day communication the word "utopian" is used as an insult towards people who dream a lot and spend a lot of time in their heads, it is used as a "knockout line" where the person is put back to "the reality". The word has almost always a negative association. Perhaps I have misunderstood the word in my own language and I have definitely misunderstood it in English. Basically in my language: utopian = unrealistic, not likely to happen etc.

I didn't do any history check to see whether my bold assumption about the great individuals of history not being realists/skeptics was correct, I figured that if I was wrong in my assumption someone would debunk my claim(s) and correct me. This is why I want and need feedback from you.

He didn't directly insult him. Which is how he gets away with insulting people most of the time :awesome:

But really, this thread is like the Bat Signal for insults. The title is ridiculous, the way it was originally presented was a bit ridiculous, and the way the actual blog was presented was lazy. Also, with a profile pic like that and a blog named "Information is a drug," its impossible not to call him a hippy.

As for the actual blog, it wasn't too bad, Novice. I liked the message behind it (do positive things), though I thought the deeper philosophical messages (realism, etc.) dragged on a bit and didn't really add much to it. But that's just me.
I know the title is ridiculous, the point of the title is to wake up the attention and provoke the reader to read it, also I didn't know how to compress all the subjects I touch in the writing in to a better title. Hehe, ok I see now why some of you see me as hippie, fair enough ^^ (but I still think that picture is nice!). Thank you for the feedback and criticism.

Still waiting for something intelligent and thoughtful to respond to.
Fair enough, thank you for reading the text =)

Ps. You are free to expand on your criticism.

To be honest I really liked this, but I'm not sure you should call it the *Most Awesome Piece of Text Ever*

People will have those expectations you know.
I know, I know, I'm already thinking of a better title. To be honest, the reason why I chose the title is because I honestly felt it was awesome when I had written it, at least it's one of the best things I have even written (which isn't much but erm yeah..).

Has anyone of you ever composed music? Created other forms of art? Or seen a really good movie?

Is anyone of you familiar with the feeling of being sort of "high" after you have made something you like, I mean as an example you are composing this song and you honestly feel it's the best song even made (you may not think so but you feel so). Next day, after you have "sobered up" you listen to your song and you think: "My God this sucks!". Or after you see a really good movie all you want to do is to share the positive emotions you got from watching the films, that is why you want your friends and everybody else to see that film too, even though they might not like it as much as you.

I should've precised. I meant AlienVision, a delusional boy banned from SWF. But really, since your join date is 2007 it wouldn't make sense. You shouldn't proclaim it to be the most awesome piece of writing ever though, it sounds very narcissistic. It wasn't a bad read though, I admit.
I see. I know that the title sounds very cocky and it makes you think that the author is an narcissistic ***-hole but that is sort of the point, that is why the word "possibly" is included in the title (twice), even though the chances are very, very low it is theoretically possible that someone might find the text as the "most awesome text ever written).

I will change the title in the future when I can come up with something better.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your input.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah well you're wrong so shut up and move along.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Man...y'all are doing a great job of making this forum a really awful place to be.

I thought the blog was pretty good. Especially for somebody who doesn't speak English as their first language.

I often think about the western fantasy of happiness and how so many seem to be a slave to the mindless pursuit of it. I'm glad you see it for what it is...a sick marketing scheme.
Funnily enough, at this point the christian god isn't much more than a marketing scheme either.

It's great that you've freed yourself from the narrow minded christian viewpoint...your next big challenge is to further develop your ideas while overcoming the large amount of ridicule and dismissal you will inevitably receive because of them...it's unfortunate, but as you've seen in this thread, we live in a world where anyone who has religious views outside of the norm is turned into a pariah by the ignorant masses.

I think there should be a section of smashboards dedicated to flaming and trolling and being a huge ****. It could be called "The War Zone" or something, and most of the posting rules wouldn't apply. This would allow mods to allow less nonsense in sections such as user blogs by pointing those who insist on mindlessly flaming to a section dedicated for it....and it would also provide a place for mods to move threads that go back and forth from flame war to real discussion.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think there should be a section of smashboards dedicated to flaming and trolling and being a huge ****. It could be called "The War Zone" or something
In 2009 I made a blog like that called the Friendly Flaming Arena, it was pretty fun and popular.

Then THE MAN came in and started meddling in it and it kinda died down a bit.

But I still stick by the notion of it being awesome.

I think people need an outlet for their venom.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I think there should be a section of smashboards dedicated to flaming and trolling and being a huge ****. It could be called "The War Zone" or something, and most of the posting rules wouldn't apply. This would allow mods to allow less nonsense in sections such as user blogs by pointing those who insist on mindlessly flaming to a section dedicated for it....and it would also provide a place for mods to move threads that go back and forth from flame war to real discussion.
I don't think I'd leave a place like that. Sounds beautiful.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's weird I've actually kinda eased off of insulting people.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And I'm gay so I get THE MAN's boot even harder than black people.

Top Bottom