• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible MetaKnight Infinite Theory? (NOT A Joke topic!)

Mmac

Smash Lord
So I've been doing Grab Release things for awhile (It's kinda my thing). Captain Falcon does indeed hold him high enough, but disappointedly, as fast as he is, doesn't run fast enough to run past him in time to actually infinite him :( (He can still CG him though)

However, I learn from the Falco boards that you can boost a Pivot Grab in the same matter as you would with a Usmash (Like Snake Mortar Slide). I'm not sure how, but you could probably find how to if you look.

Anyways, my theory is that using the Boost Pivot, you could probably be able to Pivot Grab him in time due to the increased speed, and actually be able to infinite him. Supposedly, you could do this to Lucas and Squirtle also, as their release is similar.

Right now, it's only a theory, but I have strong reasons that this could actually work. Plus I would love to see the look on their faces when they get infinited by the "Worst" Character in the game :chuckle:

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I'll love you if this actually worked, we must not ban this(if this was true) because it might make Falcon mid tier lol :p

Mmac

Smash Lord
The Boost Pivot? Fox can do it too; would that mean he'd be a possible canidiate for this as well?
I'm not sure. It also depends if he can hold him high enough to force a Jump Break, which is a No. The next closest person would be Sheik, which she actually could, but the timing is much more limited and harder to do. Besides, Sheik has Ftilt Locks AND Gimpyfish! They don't really need it ;)

Early tests have concluded that it is actually possible to do so. However I only tested it with CPU's being that it's midnight, so I cant really get a conclusion until I test it with an actual person tomorrow.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
if this works it will make me a very happy falcon mainer
nice find :D

Tenki

Smash Hero
If boost pivot grab works the same way as boost smash/DAC, he won't get very much of a boost, lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Falcon CGing MK?

BAWAHAHHAHA!!!!

He can now join Yoshi and Bowser in laughing their ***** off.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I don't think Captains Boost Grab goes far. If it was as long as his running up smash then it could possibly work. But his won't go that far.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
However, I learn from the Falco boards that you can boost a Pivot Grab in the same matter as you would with a Usmash (Like Snake Mortar Slide). I'm not sure how, but you could probably find how to if you look.

:chuckle:
hmm i think i did that before when i thought i could get falcon to shield slide
i randomnly boosted quite a bit and did a pivot grab so the infinte depends on how much boost falcon gets

Mmac

Smash Lord
If boost pivot grab works the same way as boost smash/DAC, he won't get very much of a boost, lol.
He only needs alittle boost to get behind him, which exactly what it does.

His natural Running Speed, he will arrive juuuuuuuust before MetaKnight lands and recovers. Even if it's just alittle boost, it's more than he needs to go behind and snag him

Mmac

Smash Lord
After some more testing, it doesn't work :(. he's still too slow to grab him in time. and MetaKnight can easily escape. The other ones don't work as well (Lucas actually recovers faster than usual)

Chaingrab still works though, and you could probably incorporate some moves from it. Release to Usmash already works.

Oh, and Double Post <_<

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
After some more testing, it doesn't work . he's still too slow to grab him in time. and MetaKnight can easily escape. The other ones don't work as well (Lucas actually recovers faster than usual)

Chaingrab still works though, and you could probably incorporate some moves from it. Release to Usmash already works.

Oh, and Double Post <_<

Aw :(. If it worked... lol the worst character could pwn the best character. And there'd prob be a lot more Captain Falcons :) and it would be a huge AT that would counter MKs. And it'd make CF more epic :).

Well at least he can CG him. And sweet, didnt know he had a release upsmash :)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
After some more testing, it doesn't work :(. he's still too slow to grab him in time. and MetaKnight can easily escape. The other ones don't work as well (Lucas actually recovers faster than usual)

Oh, and Double Post <_<
Shame. A Metaknight infinite would boost Captain Falcon's placement for sure.

Top Bottom