• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Combo

Dcold

Smash Lord
I think i have. A true combo that Sheik has against anyone who is her height or bigger (Pretty sure. Smaller characters can airdodge). But this combo only works at low percentages and is a good way to rack up damage until you can Ftilt lock them.

The possible combo that i have is as follows:
Jab -> Ftilt -> Jab -> Dtilt -> Grab -> Whatever grab you want to use

I think it is a good way to get characters that you can Ftilt into percentages where you can. Someone help me test it but i use it all the time and i'm pretty sure you cannot airdodge out of it if you meet the requirements i listed at the start. I'll run damage calculations soon to see what percentages an airdodge can be accomplished during this is. Thanks guys, hope i actually found something here! :laugh:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am not going to test this because I am lazy, but it seems like a true combo. SDI I believe might ruin this. Don't worry though, almost no one SDI's out of anything anyways.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Maybe but at such a low percentage at like 0, it'd still be really hard to escape it, and even if they do they can be punished. So really, even if they do, it's not the end of the world :D. I really do think it is a true combo.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Sheik has the tools to punish most escapes.

Dcold

Smash Lord
She's fast enough to punish almost any escape from almost any part of this "Combo" so really even if they can get out, she has the tools to punish as you mentioned.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I cant test this out but dtilt seems a bit iffy. Also why not just jab, ftilt x 2-3 grab. it would be more legit tbh

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
A mini me. -_-
Jab> anything but grab is not legit

I do use thy own version of this for easy grab but it's more liiike....
Uair> f-tilt> f-tilt lock> grab/
weak Nair> f-tilt> u-tilt> grab/
Fair> jab x2> grab/
Bair> jab x2/f-tilt> utilt> grab/
weak Nair/Bair> d-tilt> grab
or any RNDM mix of the above into a grab.
After the grab try to exploit how broken juggling game. If you can get a tipper USmash wether by DACUS or hyphen.
If you can't ho for that then go for putting them over the ledge and try to set up ledge guards which include Chain Locking. Needle's are also good here.

^^^^ When you get that down go for keeping track of decay and predicting the foes next move based off of previous actions. Then learn how react with Sheiks moves w/o thinking. Master all of her AT's and then exploit all characters weakness's with Sheiks MANY options.

SL's guide to maxing out Sheiks meta game. ^^

Dcold

Smash Lord
A mini me. -_-
Jab> anything but grab is not legit

I do use thy own version of this for easy grab but it's more liiike....
Uair> f-tilt> f-tilt lock> grab/
weak Nair> f-tilt> u-tilt> grab/
Fair> jab x2> grab/
Bair> jab x2/f-tilt> utilt> grab/
weak Nair/Bair> d-tilt> grab
or any RNDM mix of the above into a grab.
After the grab try to exploit how broken juggling game. If you can get a tipper USmash wether by DACUS or hyphen.
If you can't ho for that then go for putting them over the ledge and try to set up ledge guards which include Chain Locking. Needle's are also good here.

^^^^ When you get that down go for keeping track of decay and predicting the foes next move based off of previous actions. Then learn how react with Sheiks moves w/o thinking. Master all of her AT's and then exploit all characters weakness's with Sheiks MANY options.

SL's guide to maxing out Sheiks meta game. ^^
Hmm. Jab to anything but grab is not legit? I think it is possible to get in a tilt maybe. I'd have to look more into that because i'm pretty sure there is a window of opportunity to get in an Ftilt or Dtilt after one jab. And yeah it's not something to try and just have the mindset of "I'm going to get this" it's just something that if the opportunity arises. And Sheik is very versitile so really her comboes can be done on a need to be basis to get in some good damage then go into a tilt lock. But definately not something that your mindset has to be to get a combo.

I cant test this out but dtilt seems a bit iffy. Also why not just jab, ftilt x 2-3 grab. it would be more legit tbh
The toe of her Dtilt sends their trajectory straight up and there isn't enough time to get in a full airdodge or to spotdodge if you run for the grab as soon as you finish the dtilt. Even with DI input into this equation, Sheik still is fast enough to get to their spot whether it is farther (Wouldn't be by much since they're at low percentages) or shorter. Which could then lead to other comboes, etc.

saviorslegacy

Hmm. Jab to anything but grab is not legit? I think it is possible to get in a tilt maybe. I'd have to look more into that because i'm pretty sure there is a window of opportunity to get in an Ftilt or Dtilt after one jab. And yeah it's not something to try and just have the mindset of "I'm going to get this" it's just something that if the opportunity arises. And Sheik is very versitile so really her comboes can be done on a need to be basis to get in some good damage then go into a tilt lock. But definately not something that your mindset has to be to get a combo.
No, it doesn't true combo into any tilts. All they need to do is shield.

You mean comboing off the hip? Yeah, that's rather common.

BTW, never use the word mindgames. There are soooooooo many people out there that will jump down anyone's throat for saying such a word. -_-

Dcold

Smash Lord
I see
Yeah kind of figured that the word would cause a stir. And when you space with Sheik's dtilt the tip does send their trajectory straight up, im pretty sure. Eh well, i won't expect it to work all of the time, but it could catch someone off guard and work to my advantage hopefully. Also thanks for those other comboes and strings you had sent me, i'll try to incorporate them into my game. Some i already use but i need more jab cancels.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I havent played brawl in a while so feel free to correct me, but I though dtilt to grab only worked at extremely low % which 2 jabs and a dtilt wouldnt allow

Dcold

Smash Lord
Well for those who dont know, dtilt to grab at low percents is a true combo, this may seem real, nice discover
Thank you Leafplayer

TO ddonaldo: This "combo" is meant to be done from 0 or 5 maybe. Dtilt to grab is a combo because they don't have enough time to airdodge or spotdodge. Dtilt to grab works up until about......30 it still is a true combo. Two jabs, an ftilt and the dtilt don't mess up the combo.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
thanks for clearing that up for me
im very sceptical when it comes to combos since most of them on this thread have been proven false, looking 4ward to adding this to my gameplay when im back home again

saviorslegacy

Depending on their weight class/your decay/if you hit with the hip/if you pivot grab (it has more vertical range) will determine if it combo's.
In my experience, bair below them by just standing there usually works to your advantage. You see, Sheiks shield protects her head really well.
Since they are falling they are FORCED to perform an action. You just standing there are not.
Use your speed to punish any action. The best idea is to put them back into the air where they are once again FORCED to perform an action.

Stradgize, win!

Dcold

Smash Lord
Depending on their weight class/your decay/if you hit with the hip/if you pivot grab (it has more vertical range) will determine if it combo's.
In my experience, bair below them by just standing there usually works to your advantage. You see, Sheiks shield protects her head really well.
Since they are falling they are FORCED to perform an action. You just standing there are not.
Use your speed to punish any action. The best idea is to put them back into the air where they are once again FORCED to perform an action.

Stradgize, win!
Well said. Well, i'll be looking for more combos with Sheik and what-not.

Also what you said about them being forced to do an action, i don't understand what you mean, there isn't enough time to perform an action at that low of a percentage is there? Please clarify for me. Thanks.

saviorslegacy

Well said. Well, i'll be looking for more combos with Sheik and what-not.

Also what you said about them being forced to do an action, i don't understand what you mean, there isn't enough time to perform an action at that low of a percentage is there? Please clarify for me. Thanks.
Oops, I meant at higher percents. When they get out of grabbing range.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
not true. I have a whole paragraph about that SL, lol.

check the social thread.

iLight

Smash Lord
i doubt this is true only because at the low percents anyone who knows how to fight sheik will simply DI down and shield before you can get the second jab off or at worst before you get the dtilt off

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
btw bumping an old thread but just to confirm dtilt>grab isnt a true combo, it can be DIed away from even at 8% putting them in a position where they are too far away from you to grab them

saviorslegacy

I don't really care.
I have practiced every possible way to combo with Sheik.
If someone finds something new involving using her normal moves with no new AT's involved I will be impressed. It is hard to over look something that involves normal moves after playing since early spring of 08.

Anyways.... it is a really really bad idea to think of a set of moves and stick with it.
Your reflex's need to be fast enough so that you can adjust what you are doing at any time w/o thinking. You instead need to be paying attention to your opponents defense and find ways through it w/o taking punishment.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
its good to know since otherwise you will have the belief that you are safe when in fact you arent which is important in any fighting game, knowing the safe option.
That way if you know the safe set of moves you have a reliable option should the opportunity to use the set of moves arises.
e.g. if we grab an MK at high % we will always go for the DACUS

saviorslegacy

its good to know since otherwise you will have the belief that you are safe when in fact you arent which is important in any fighting game, knowing the safe option.
That way if you know the safe set of moves you have a reliable option should the opportunity to use the set of moves arises.
e.g. if we grab an MK at high % we will always go for the DACUS
Never feel safe... that way you are always on edge.
Well... I actually feel safe when CGing. It's because it's easy.
It's like a break from the fight but the foe is taking damage.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
pichu is the conly charatcer I've ever played seriously that can chain grab. chain grabbing is boring.

saviorslegacy

haha, the good old days of melee where sheik had a chain grab *sheds tear*
*cry into that f-tilt

D-Throw= ***** the fast fallers
f-tilt= ***** the fast fallers

The only difference is where Fox is at on the tier list now.
pichu is the conly charatcer I've ever played seriously that can chain grab. chain grabbing is boring.
I agree.. but if Sheik had a CG I would exploit it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If sheik had a chain grab I wouldn't play her, lol.. I'm lame like that.

Dcold

Smash Lord
If sheik had a chain grab, what grab would it possibly be O_o. It wouldn't make her any more fun to play, but less since i HATE cgs =/. Plus her grabs are already decent and help with switching things up since they are all viable except uGrab

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ummmm we are playing the same character right? ftilt is like the same **** thing lol :)

Top Bottom