• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Bramp-GTA tournament. Need an estimate!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
^ there is officially no one coming to this thing.

ok in all seriousness, you shouldn't have to put money out of your own pocket into this. honestly, people in this community put WAY TOO MUCH FOCUS ON THE POT SIZE, which REALLY is one of the lesser importances in a tournament.

...er, just wondering...how much is the venue fee?
That's my point, he shouldn't have to lose money over it. I didn't, and I had to pay way more than that for caketown. You just take money out of what people pay to enter. I think a venue fee would be a good idea.
I didn't know I was allowed to take money out of the pot. =P

I asked my Brother-In-Law-To-Be and he said he could probably get it so that I only have to pay for 3 hours, when I can have it for 10. He said it'd be $150 at the least, but most likely not over $250.

He's emailing his boss Right Now.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
If you get this tournament going during the summer months, I'll go for sure. Good luck getting it all set up, I hope it goes well.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I'm guessing the venue fee would be no more than $5?
Yeh of course. There probably won't be a venue fee anyways.

If I can't make enougb money to cover it, I can either charge a venue fee and left over money will go to the POT and Pizza, or I could take money from entrance fee's.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok im definatlye coming to this. 3rd week of july would be ideal.
i say have brawl and melee singles, and brawl doubles for sure. then if you have time then do melee doubles.
im sure we can figure otu a wya to pay for it.

Geist

Smash Master
I think venue should be $4-5. That way, Steve can take out less money from the pot. That way, unknown can get that much richer.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
depending on what weekend you end up hosting this on, I'll definitely make the trip up :)

Assuming more Church come... though I can pretty much guarantee we'll be able to round up a platoon of attendees.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright thanks Rob.

For the Venue fee, I'm thinking of making it up to you guys.
You know, like a donation.

You can donate money towards the venue fee. $3 Minimum I guess. Any excess money will be put into Pot and/Or Pizza and Pop costs.

Sounds good?
Or if you guys thinks it's best I'll charge a $3 venue fee.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
that's what I was thinking
so either $2 or $5

Maybe $5 for the venue fee AND you get a free drink or something?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ok so I don't think I have a Venue.

You can't hold Video Game Tournaments at the place I was thinking of because they consider it gambling, but I still have 2 other places in mind. We'll see.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I guess.

I mean, I have no venue.
Well, I can use the place I was thinking of, but it's booked until November.

It'd be better to have the tourny in November because then I'll probably have money and stuff.
So yeh.

You guys willing to have a tournament in November?

Gichan

Smash Champion
FUUUCCCKKK! That's balls! Oh man, gambling my ***, we just trying to have fun. That **** can blow it, was lookiing forward to this.

And the thing about November, well, it is far from now but I guess we just wait till november and attend. Probably will be different players by then.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sucks though, would have been awesome if it was sometime soon.

btw, how are you doing on Wifiwars? Did you get Elite Eight yet?

Top Bottom