• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Bramp-GTA tournament. Need an estimate!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright.

My sister's fiancée works at this lake, and they have a community centre too. I haven't checked it out, but he said it's a good size for a tournament and since he works there he could hook me up too.

So I'm thinking of hosting a tournament there. It's in Brampton obviously.
It would be in the Summer, mostlikely in July or August.
Games being played would be either Just Brawl, or Brawl AND Melee depending on what you, the people, want.

I'll have McKay pizza delivered, cases of pop, and will be selling these at a certain time for very considerable prices. This shall be foods unless people want to go drive somewhere (if so I'll find near by places and get directions).

Directions to and from the place won't be a problem.

The pure reason why I'm making this thread is so that I can get an idea of who would like to come, and what Saturday is the most convenient for everyone. Also, I need to know if you guys want JUST BRAWL, or both Brawl and Melee.

So post back saying whether you're interested or not, and which day would be most convenient. Preferably late July - Mid August range.

PLEASE POST SOON.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I would go for sure and I'm good with both Brawl and Melee.
Brawl doubles is too good. Would we have any venue fees to pay?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
If it's Brawl AND Melee, I'm going to have Melee and Brawl singles for sure, and Brawl Doubles most likely.

Melee Doubles might be a flop.

Venue fees will most likely not be a problem. If a problem arises, I'll let everyone know.
But don't worry about that just yet.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Ide enter brawl singles and doubles.. I think you should just do what grmo did at combo breaker. host brawl and melee, and if not even people register for melee doubles then flop on that. Im sure a lot of people will come out for brawl again.. there were like 49 people that entered singles at como breaker

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Awesome stuff Steve.

I'd love to help you out with stuff like tournament brackets and ****. IM me if you see me on MSN so we can talk more about it. <3 Brampton. Besides the random crimes that happen there, that stuff is just ****ed lol.

Crooked Crow

uhh if we did do both events, we would have to leave pools out like at Combo Breaker, right? >___<
I say we do Melee singles and Brawl doubles!

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
If it were brawl/melee singles and brawl doubles (and melee doubles if there is interest), I'd be down, and I'm sure a decent amount of CoS would be too. I won't be entering melee singles but they are fun to watch.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
First off I'd like to say that it's REALLY nice to see other smashers stepping up and doing this stuff. It really helps the community.

You could still do pools if they were run well. Believe me when I say we're going to do a lot of experimenting to see how it can be done, as well as a ton of other things to help us run tournaments better (in which case we'll pass it on to you for this). I will enter Brawl, but a lot of people won't come to this without Melee, including me. You'd be losing a lot of people.

Like I said, we're going to be doing a lot of experimenting because we really want BOTH games to be part of the same community. Split tournaments cause distance, and something I noticed on saturday was that everyone was enjoying the ENTIRE community, and playing different games didn't cause any difference. Also brawlers were a good sport about me calling the tournament combo breaker. If we want things to work out here we're going to have to try to keep the community together, because there are tons of people who like both games but won't come if one or the other isn't there. So, like I said, I'm willing to do as much work as possible to enhance our tournament running, especially if something like this will be as good as combo breaker was. I don't think NOT having Melee would cause problems, but I think it would do a lot of good for us all if you had it there.

Anyway, there you go; it's not just a personal preference, but it's a thought-out opinion that I am now telling you: HAVE MELEE AT THIS TOURNAMENT. It will make it so much better, both for the day and for the long term well being of the SMASH community. Not the Brawl or the Melee community; I think they should be one. We share forums, we share members, and we enjoy being together, so that's all we need.

Now, I suppose I ventured a little out of the realm of this tournament and into some bigger ideas, but you get what I'm trying to communicate here. Mixed tournaments rule.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
We could have done Melee pools for Combo Breaker, but um not so sure about Brawl though. Seriously though, there were some seriously long matches going on yesterday. I mean, there were sets that were taking 15+ minutes long. bo3s too. Like it wasn't even 1 or 2. It was like 6-7. We'll see though, depending on setups we could probably do it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
For sure it would be awesome if you'd host a tournament especially in Brampton which gives a chance for different people. Pyro, if you could do it, DO IT!!!

And I think you should do both Brawl and Melee because Brawl matches get dull at times and Melee just owns with its speed! Not to mention, people still play it.

Also, I hope you are including doubles as there are tournaments that don't include it, but doubles owns as well.

In the end, it would be nice to see a tournament happen, the more the better AND i think any saturday in the summer should suit people, if people really want to come just switch shifts or something, I'll be there

GI

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright so it's been decided.

There'll be Melee AND Brawl.
Singles AND Doubles.

Pools or brackets, we'll see.

I still need to know how many people are interested.
PLEASE. Tell people about this, I need a good idea of the numbers.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Post this up on other forums too, and even facebook youll get a more general sense of whos gonna come, because there seemed to be some people at this tournament that didnt even know about smashboards.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm definetly going. I hope the turnout is as good as combo breaker.

I know it isn't completely decidable at this point, but I'd like t see pools this time around. Theres alot more playtime for everyone I find.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright I'll get a Facebook and post it there.

How is everyone from the forums going to find me on Facebook though?

EDIT:

I can't get into AllisBrawl. It says I already have an account, but I can't get my password emailed to me.

If someone could post a link to this thread there that'd be great.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Just make your facebook, tell us your name and we goto your profile lol. then we just put that we are gonna attend the event . from there you can promote the event more and let people know about it, im guessing the numbers for brawl singles are gonna be very high again so pools probably wont work for brawl singles, but it probably would work for melee singles. I dont see how you can do pools for brawl singles if say 50-60 people register for it? dunno thats just what i think but it would be fun to have pools :)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ugh, but I've been bad mouthing facebook for over a year now.

Oh well.
Smash > Pride?

I'll make a facebook, but I can't post it as a for sure event yet.

Edit:
Kay I made a Facebook. I'll find out soon what the date will be. It will most likely be July 26th.

The event will be on Facebook once I know for sure.

Steven Leandro

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright cool.

Everyone add me to facebook I guess.
Steven Leandro

Someone needs to teach me how to work this Event crap on FB.

KingAce

Smash Ace
On the side it should say Photos, Groups, Events, Marketplace, Quizzes. click on events. then click create an event. there ya go and just fill out the details and invite a bunch of people to join

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yeah thats true, but still you could get an idea . take facebooks ppl and subtract like 80% of the peoplee n thers ur numbers for facebook attendents.:chuckle:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Aw man Steve!! you got a facebook! So sad, I feel sorry for you, you chose smash over pride, but I guess eventually that will happen to me.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
haha you'll be getting a lot of people that won't actually come. according to facebook the turnout was going to be over 100 (thank god is wasn't)
As long as atleast 30 people show, I'll feel as though I was successful.

Aw man Steve!! you got a facebook! So sad, I feel sorry for you, you chose smash over pride, but I guess eventually that will happen to me.
Lol, I swear you just copied and pasted that into MSN.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ok so my mom just said she's not putting out any money for this.

Even though I told her you have to spend money to make money, and that I'd pay her back indefinately, she still refused.

My girlfriends mom is putting up this restaurant SOON, and I'm going to be doing yardwork for her too, so I can make money that way.

I need probably around $250-300 to get this going, but I'll worry about that. It most likely won't be a problem. If it is, I'll push the date back a bit. I'm sure people could come during September or October.

Anyways, I wouldn't be worrying about this at the moment. Actually, I don't even know why I'm letting you guys know. Wow, ramble.

ANYWAYSx2, spread the word about my Very-Probable Event here.

Crooked Crow

Hey Steve, you should probably add in some venue fee so you won't lose too much money <_<
Getting the venue, organizing everything, AND paying for it all is too much to ask of you.
I'll help pay for it too if I can make some cash over the summer =D The rest of Brampton should pitch in too..
There's like, what, 8 active Brampton players now? Each of use could pay like.. $30 or something, assuming most of us have jobs..

a $2-$5 venue charge doesn't sound too bad? we can talk about it later or something

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Hey Steve, you should probably add in some venue fee so you won't lose too much money <_<
Getting the venue, organizing everything, AND paying for it all is too much to ask of you.
I'll help pay for it too if I can make some cash over the summer =D The rest of Brampton should pitch in too..
There's like, what, 8 active Brampton players now? Each of use could pay like.. $30 or something, assuming most of us have jobs..

a $2-$5 venue charge doesn't sound too bad? we can talk about it later or something
Well, GTA guys and anyone else who's coming...

What do you think?

Crooked Crow

a big entrance fee to enter all events? lol probably wouldn't work out, but that's just what I think

Grmo

Smash Champion
^ there is officially no one coming to this thing.

ok in all seriousness, you shouldn't have to put money out of your own pocket into this. honestly, people in this community put WAY TOO MUCH FOCUS ON THE POT SIZE, which REALLY is one of the lesser importances in a tournament.

...er, just wondering...how much is the venue fee?

Crooked Crow

Steve said he would have to pay like $250-$300 to rent it out for the day =/
I am suggesting we put in a venue fee so he doesn't lose too much money over it

Grmo

Smash Champion
That's my point, he shouldn't have to lose money over it. I didn't, and I had to pay way more than that for caketown. You just take money out of what people pay to enter. I think a venue fee would be a good idea.

Top Bottom