• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nice to see a new face.
I sent you an AIM message with some information.
Like I on AIM, hope to see you in person at a tourney, the next one is this weekend like Jank pointed out, but I can't attend because I work until 6pm and a two hour drive means I get there at 8pm and probably miss all the phun.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Bump
Get these bi-weeklies happening, k?
Also, I put a link to this page on the front of OSM.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Come on, Binx. Whip N-Oregon into shape! That way we can all go up to WA and take Game Clucks from them.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
BOTH SATURDAYS... why not? make at least one of them a real, money tournament though, even if its just a few bucks.

Binx

Smash Master
I was thinking 5 each with an 80 20 split or 3 each where first just takes it, opinions? I can do both sats I guess

Binx

Smash Master
If not enough people show up to have a tourney we can still friendly most of saturday I wanna do like 11 am or noon to about 8 pm, I figure the tournament should be over around 5 and we can play for funsies for a few hours afterwards.

One thing I want an opinion on is, should we do 2/3 with winners bracket finals, losers finals, and grand finals all 3/5 or should all matches be 3/5 and in the finals brackets you have previous wins come back and have first to 6 wins be the winner.

So for example Billy and Sally play first round billy wins 3 - 0 when they meet again in the finals billy has to win 3 games before sally wins 6 games. However it would create a best of 11 set if they had not previously played, so just wondering... if we have less people this might create more tournament time, especially for people like Jayce and I who always get owned by brackets, we would get 2 more games haha.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hey, I don't work pretty much this whole end of the week because of thanksgiving. Additionally, I usually go see family in Portland on Thanksgiving, so chances of me & t1mmy being up there this weekend is nearly 100%
We have to make up for the Finger Bang event we missed.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
OK there is a slim to none chance that I will go with about 3 or 4 of my friends, but it's probably not gonna happen. Just letting you know.

cmin

Smash Ace
we should do a teams tournament. no not double, teams. basically you have a teammate, and you guys play it as if it were a crew battle cept for its just 2v2. wouldnt that be fun@@LOL

Binx

Smash Master
we should do a teams tournament. no not double, teams. basically you have a teammate, and you guys play it as if it were a crew battle cept for its just 2v2. wouldnt that be fun@@LOL
LOL that would be fun, would make me try harder as well cause I would have someone else depending on me, if we have time we could do one with a $2 per team entry or something, I am sure we could roll it, also we should have enough people for crews if you guys wanna do that.

y aren't u on aim mrminh
it would lag his WoW?

T0MMY

Smash Master
This weekend sounds good, turkey and an impromptu Smash Tournament.
Good stuff.
I don't get enough Portland in my diet.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I like the idea of "teams" matches. I forget what they're called, something like "1v1 teams" or maybe "2v2 Singles". I first saw that in one of the WA Game Clucks threads.

As far as number of games/sets played in the tournament, I suggest keeping it familiar with the 2-of-3 matches and 3-of-5 finals. Any changes can be made after everyone shows up, including "1v1 Doubles".

Juce

Smash Ace
BC called me and said he's going to come, and that he wants to have a "tech off" with me...

how do you go about doing a "tech off?"

Binx

Smash Master
One of you does something amazing and then the other one copies it and elaborates until one of you pull your underwear off without removing your pants and the other person wedgies themselves unconcious trying to duplicate it.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
bc chris is going? i'm not missing this lol

i'll try and convince my parents to drive me. if i can't go, i will probably die from lack of smash.

Xeris

Smash Rookie
BC Chris... Chris?

The black guy that was at the last tournament?
Just confirming.
He didn't seem all that technical when I played him. I think I try to play too technical and I don't actually play Smash. lol.
I can probably make this Binx, I don't see why I couldn't, if I can't then I message 24 hours notice.

Binx

Smash Master
The black guy that was at the last tournament?
Just confirming.
He didn't seem all that technical when I played him. I think I try to play too technical and I don't actually play Smash. lol.
I can probably make this Binx, I don't see why I couldn't, if I can't then I message 24 hours notice.
Yeah thats him, Black Chris Chris. Also he is very technical but his mind games kind of hurt for it.

Hope to see you there Wiki

Binx

Smash Master
Lol yeah I kinda noticed that as soon as I went to check the list, still though 7 confirmed is more than portland usually gets, plus I am pretty confident that at least 3 of the semis will come. And I am sure there are a couple people in portland who will show up that dont post

Binx

Smash Master
yeah and I think 5 or 6 people came from WA so 16-17 which is what I meant, I think we have decent chance at that number.

Top Bottom