• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, duh, Kirby is an uber Mario clone. But I like how you don't fall into pits and die all the time.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
No nononono none of these games are clones of another! Completely different engines, to start. And you just fall in pits cause you suck :p not to mention both mario and kirby have plenty of pits.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I'll participate in this... where in portland and when will slightly depend on how often I'll make it, but the fact that its in portland already makes it very convenient for me.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yup, just one of many reasons.

Edit: Sorry, I think we really are getting off topic now. If there's a Mario vs. Sonic tangent, we should just take it to OSM.
Oh sure, just take all the spam topics in all the threads in this entire site and move it over to the OSM thread. Sheesh.

On topic of the off-topic topic... ever notice how if you don't like something someone else likes they automatically assume you know nothing about it?
Just accept not everyone likes Sonic games and move on with important aspects of life, such as safety and happiness. Maybe my opinion on Sonic games will change over the course of many years as I have some kind of 16-bit epiphany and turn my wayward soul to main Sonic for Brawl. But most likely I'll probably just shrug an apathetic shoulder towards it. :dizzy:

Just to admit, there are plenty of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games that aren't very entertaining as well. As well as every Halo game.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I know that not everyone likes Sonic games. But whoever it was that posted initially made it clear they hadn't played enough of the games to actually know what they were talking about when they said that Sonic moves slowly in his games, and that he moves faster in Brawl.

I think we're all pretty well off in the safety and happiness department. Saying move on and focus on those doesn't make sense to say on a video game forum XD

Also Oregon = spam, no matter where you go.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I know that not everyone likes Sonic games. But whoever it was that posted initially made it clear they hadn't played enough of the games to actually know what they were talking about when they said that Sonic moves slowly in his games, and that he moves faster in Brawl.
Whether or not Sonic "moves fast" is at an individual's discretion. And moving fast does not make a good game anyway, so it's a moot point.

I think we're all pretty well off in the safety and happiness department. Saying move on and focus on those doesn't make sense to say on a video game forum XD
Are you sure about the safety part? O_O

Also Oregon = spam, no matter where you go.
But mostly OSM (shakes fist)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You're missing the point. If you think that he moves faster in Brawl then you're clearly mistaken.

And yes I'm sure about the safety part O_o

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Whether or not Sonic "moves fast" is at an individual's discretion. And moving fast does not make a good game anyway, so it's a moot point.
Right, which is why it's so appalling that you're missing the real point.

Claiming to dislike a series of games having only played what is effectively a spinoff (in that it's a complete departure from what made the series good) and is arguably the worst in the series is pretty ridiculous.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Right, which is why it's so appalling that you're missing the real point.

Claiming to dislike a series of games having only played what is effectively a spinoff (in that it's a complete departure from what made the series good) and is arguably the worst in the series is pretty ridiculous.
And, I guess you didn't read the posts about playing the games firsthand and not liking them.

If someone said a game I liked was terrible, I'd pretty much just shrug and forget about it. Sonic fans are like Shakespeare geeks, they just can't let me honestly say I dislike their choice of entertainment.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
And, I guess you didn't read the posts about playing the games firsthand and not liking them.

If someone said a game I liked was terrible, I'd pretty much just shrug and forget about it. Sonic fans are like Shakespeare geeks, they just can't let me honestly say I dislike their choice of entertainment.
Actually... I'm not particularly passionate about Sonic games. I can't think of one that would make my top 10. I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing. We could be arguing about Jell-o for all I care.

I'm so bored. :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'd like to make it to the next Portland thingy. When is it?

Edit:
I'll be bringing the Brawl demo that I stole'd.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
"Sonic fans are like Shakespeare geeks, they just can't let me honestly say I dislike their choice of entertainment."

Oh hasty generalizations.
Tommy, don't be ridiculous.

It started with one of you saying all the other Sonic games are slow, and that Brawl is the fastest thing he's in. I knew that was stupid. Then one of you said that the Genesis has no good games. Also stupid. I don't give a **** if you don't like the Sonic games.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
**** YOU DIGITAL WATCHES, **** YOU AND YOUR GUILTY GEAR XXX AND SFC5 AND YOUR ANALOG CLOCKS, I BET YOU KNOW WHAT I BET I KNOW WHY YOU PLAY GUILTY GEAR IS CAUSE YOU FEEL SO GUILTY FOR BEING A NANCY **** YOU **** **** ***** *** **** **** TAINT **** ******* *****. ya.

Jem.

Smash Master
So.. are all of you coming to Gameclucks or atleast Dan 2? Dan 2 PC Chris is coming, and Mew2King is unconfirmed.

Considering I won doubles at SF:E and got no profit from it, and a whopping 16 people in singles :(

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Jem how did you not profit from doubles? And is Jem your real name O_o

but yeah I'm hoping to go to Dan.

Balloon

Smash Lord
All the money that was won in doubles I'm sure went to gas costs due to James' retardedness.

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, I rode with Jamie, not James.
But yeah, my $30 from doubles had to go to gas. And I put in $10 for Crews and got destroyed.. And failed to place in Singles.

And no, Jem isn't my real name. My real name is Jeremy. But my two best friends who used to play in 04 and I were at their house and I needed a smash name that would fit, and Jem sounded cool and was taken from my name. I am aware that Jem is a 70's cartoon, and a singer now, but I should have rights to it.

Binx

Smash Master
You left out that Jem is a 70's semi barbie spin off. Anyways tourney at my house, 27th sat starting @ noon.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
If he doesn't John that tournament into not happening (haha sorry Binx I just figured Minh or Jayce would have said it first so I decided to say it)

Binx

Smash Master
I just didn't feel like playing that day, I had other crap I really wanted to do, I bought cloths, looked at some beds, my GF was teaching me to drive, I had TONS of fun that weekend and I don't regret not going.

I'm not quitting smash or anything and I still want to improve but I would like to spend my time on other important things as well, and driving 2 hours to eugene just didn't feel worth it you know?

Anyways there will be a tourney this weekend, as for november, it depends if I agree to host a tournament at my house you can bet that it won't be canceled unless no one shows up.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
Man I'd love to come to this. There's no Smashers near me.

Curse you overly protective Christian Evangelistic parents.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Well, I rode with Jamie, not James.
But yeah, my $30 from doubles had to go to gas. And I put in $10 for Crews and got destroyed.. And failed to place in Singles.

And no, Jem isn't my real name. My real name is Jeremy. But my two best friends who used to play in 04 and I were at their house and I needed a smash name that would fit, and Jem sounded cool and was taken from my name. I am aware that Jem is a 70's cartoon, and a singer now, but I should have rights to it.
I think you missed the point of what I was saying. I know you didn't ride with James :p.

Jem.

Smash Master
All the money that was won in doubles I'm sure went to gas costs due to James' retardedness.
James retardness had nothing to do with my having to put my doubles winnings into Gas.. He didnt ride with us or anything.. I'm kind of confused. If I didnt put in my $30, Shane or Cat Physician would have had to put in more money, which would have made me feel bad.

But yeah, come to WA *****es :)

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
binx, all of those things could have been done ANY other day. even the next day. probably today when you would be off work.

guess how often sf:e is. did you make plans to be there?
i wouldnt bank on saturday ptown, something is going to come up.

yuppppppp. just remember the fuzz dont except johns for driving without a permit/insurance.

cmin

Smash Ace
yeah a 2 hour car ride does sound pretty bad.. good thing you went driving with your gf for 2 hours instead =0 johzn

Top Bottom