• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

Binx

Smash Master
awesome, looking forward to as many people as possible, if someone could bring a powerstrip or two that would be great. Please more confirmed equipment

Binx

Smash Master
Awesome.

Also everyone don't plan on coming over until around 1 or 2 pm I need to go to the bank tommorow morning and it will take me a while since I am on the bus and I have no car.

Binx

Smash Master
Poor minh, anyways I'll be gone until 1 but feel free to call me with any questions 503 935 0087

Do we have any confirmed equipment? I only have 1 complete set up ATM.

Binx

Smash Master
its 12:30 im home, so whoever is gonna make it should call me, looks like every car within 900 miles has spontaneously stopped working(sigh) so if you are driving we need TV's, if not then looks like lots of crew battles?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
so this was a lot of fun, but next time it needs to be an actual structured tournament. were your roomies cool with this by the way?

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah my roommates were all cool, it wasnt a structured tournament because no one who came brought any money.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I guess I'll have to wait until SF:E to get my cozy sweater. :(

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the best of 27 money match with Ole and Jesse vs The Celestial Princesses. Ryan and I earned that $1.37 haha. Although Ole and Jesse haven't payed us yet :(

Binx

Smash Master
1.37?!?!?! i thought it was for .25 cents!!

and i think me and ole won more ;p binx just made us stop.
It's true but when I said you guys had to stop I also said the next one to win a match is the winner, and you guys lost. And yes it was 25 cents not a quarter of cents or $1.37 jesse/gage.

Also I was really wanting to play some games.

Also....

and......

sigh.

Roa33

Smash Rookie
SONICS IN BRAWL WOOT!!

Most people probably expected it :) Watch the movie on the Smashbros.com site it looks great along with the best sound track lol. Anyways after watching the vid I would have to say the speed of Brawl compared to Melee is significantly slower. If Sonic was intended to be fast then it seems like Mario from Melee would be as fast as the fastest in Brawl IMO. But hey who knows maybe it will turn out better. Still going to buy it either way like most

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, it was Sonic Adventure and it was lame. Oh yeah, and also the original Sonic for the Genesis. That was uber lame too.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh noez!

But Sonic's in brawl, so now we can spam threads with hedgehog discussion and it's all good.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Brawl is the best game Sonic will be in.
Or, I guess I should say, the only good game he'll be in.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Sonic CD was SO ****ING AWESOME I'm surprised you've played it man. That game seriously scared me as a kid because of those ****ing weirdass easter eggs in the game.. the artwork gallery, know what I'm talking about? And the music it played when it showed them.. but yeah, killer game. Do you have a Sega CD? That was the only game I ever owned for it XD

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Sonic CD was SO ****ING AWESOME I'm surprised you've played it man. That game seriously scared me as a kid because of those ****ing weirdass easter eggs in the game.. the artwork gallery, know what I'm talking about? And the music it played when it showed them.. but yeah, killer game. Do you have a Sega CD? That was the only game I ever owned for it XD
Eheh. I only played it on emulators and such.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Not to mention Ecco I and II.

Even the mediocre games for the Genesis were brilliantly designed and produced.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Do some research. Maybe even download an emulator.
Wow, I guess I have to type up a Sonic resume now.

I've tried playing Sonic games via emulator and found them to be much of what you would expect of 1990's games - Super Mario clones. Granted, Sonic games weren't as terrible as all those other, countless SMB clones of the day, but I'm not going to say I found them innovative or interesting.

Someone I knew in CA had a Genesis and some old games. I don't remember which ones but I tried playing Sonic 2 with the original controller and everything and didn't like it. Someone else I knew had the GameCube version of Sonic - I can't remember what it was called but it was the one where you "snowboard" down streets and things. It was terrible.

I played Sonic Adventure when it was first demoed at a gamestore. I did not like it.

I got to try out the versus mode in that Sonic DS game with someone on the bus. Although it was mindlessly entertaining to watch my character run through a level and hit spikes, I wouldn't care to play it again, bus or otherwise.

I've only heard of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, but not seen the thing, you know what I mean? But it doesn't matter because I own the best version of Puyo-Puyo from the 16-bit era (Kirby's Avalanche).

I'll take everyone's word for it that "Sonic CD" is fun. I'll even go so far as to take the time and play it if I can find it. Until then, I have no opinion on it since I don't know anything about it.

To sum it up, I don't like Sonic because his games have been a collection of Mario clones and games that, unfortunately, held little entertainment value for me.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yup, just one of many reasons.

Edit: Sorry, I think we really are getting off topic now. If there's a Mario vs. Sonic tangent, we should just take it to OSM.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
There's no mario vs sonic tangent.

Kirby games scroll left to right = Mario clone

Super Mario Bros scrolls left to right = Pitfall clone

???

Top Bottom