• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Church and anything of the sort have kinda been ruined for me, watch the movie Zeit Geist and you'll understand why...

Come over when ever you'd like david, and grats with the engagement man

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Oh Ole is it that one movie that Zack and everyone watched that one night?

Yeah I will have to watch it.

I don't have work on Monday so you and I can hang out play some smash and enjoy hooka ^.^ I will have money I get paid on friday so I will by more hooka stuff and coals for your house tell Zack to be ready I wish to fight his Luigi lol

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
lol he till doesn't stand a chance, but you may be annoyed from my double lasers if you're annoyed with xeris'...

I need to be more comfortable with tournament matches, they *** up my teching quite a bit, thats why I think you beat me twice, so plain and simple, I'm gonna try and go to more tourneys, and soon I'll have my liscense.

Edit: Oh yeah Bart, yeah a movie that I watched ruined it for me, I dunno how it'd be for you but who knows, It's called Zeit Geist, i think that's how it's spelled, but yeah it's worth the watch.

Binx

Smash Master
lol he till doesn't stand a chance, but you may be annoyed from my double lasers if you're annoyed with xeris'...

I need to be more comfortable with tournament matches, they *** up my teching quite a bit, thats why I think you beat me twice, so plain and simple, I'm gonna try and go to more tourneys, and soon I'll have my liscense.

Edit: Oh yeah Bart, yeah a movie that I watched ruined it for me, I dunno how it'd be for you but who knows, It's called Zeit Geist, i think that's how it's spelled, but yeah it's worth the watch.
He was just commenting on how church should be automatically ruined for you because it's ********.

oh and on a side note: GET READY TO BRAWL *****ES

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yay, Ice Climber is 2 good. I'm going to go practice for Brawl by playing the 8-bit version.

Riot6777

Smash Ace

That's because I have played in enough tournaments to know how to keep my cool in the finals and stay focused in all my matches in a tournament.

That's the only reason I beat you is because you lost your focus you have your nights when you can beat me like crazy and I have my nights were you can't youch me.

That's why in a tournament just know your fighting me know that you can beat me and don't think about the prize the prize to you should be beating me in the finals then take the real prize lol

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Good plan Tommy real nice trying to make fun of me ^.^ You will still lose I am sorry I wouldn't want to make you so mad you would lock the thread lol loser.

Anyway Ole I will be over on Monday to give Zack a birthday present, hang out play some smash and smoke some hooka =)

Roa33

Smash Rookie
Hoping to attend some of these tourneys and get a little more Melee in before Brawl. :) Just to confirm are the tourneys 1st and 3rd weekend or 2nd and 4th?

Binx

Smash Master
2nd and 4th I think is how its going now, will probably be less frequent with Cmin in corvallis next week. We need to find a good venue, I dont have a place anymore so my house is out, Jank rarely has saturdays off but when he does I think he said he would be willing to have them there. Anyone have a house?

@ Minh: you planning on coming back for the weekends still?

cmin

Smash Ace
i'll come back like every 2 weeks or so, depends if im in the mood or homework and stuff

T0MMY

Smash Master
I wasn't trying to make fun of you, Riot, just as I'm sure you weren't as well, I was just having fun. I told you, I actually like the typos.
It wasn't me that locked the thread, it was the flamewars. So, don't troll, there's plenty of people here with on-topic discussion who wouldn't want this locked.

Binx

Smash Master
So i will be able to host the biweeklies at my new home, I am moving in on saturday and hopefully the next sat we can set something up.

PS: the place is huge and empty so plenty of room, wooden floors though so careful dropping controllers and **** I don't want to get evicted after a week haha, seriously though my roomie seems really chill.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That sounds good Binx. Now when's the first big tourney so I can attend?

Binx

Smash Master
let me talk to my roomate about having a big one on saturday the 29th for 15-20 per person? or we could do a small one for 5.

It might be better to wait on it for a bit and make sure everything is confortable, i want him to meet some of my smasher friends to make sure he knows how cool we all are.

House warming smash get together on sunday though, I would really like for 3-4 people to come by for a few hours =D

EDIT: subject to change if I am not becoming moved in yet. (ROFL @ group x)

EDIT2: Online brawl is confirmed. Unfortunately so is lag based on distance so.... sucks for us. Hopefully Oregon and Cal are close enough to more or less zero out ping.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
You don't have to worry about your connection if you have a good enough internet service it will be just fine if anything look forward to Halo and it's less amount of lag than smash.

I have played Halo 3 it's awesome killing has never been more fun.

I would say you all could play smash at my condo in the summer because my girlfriends parents are buying her one and she wants me to live with her I have already asked her how she feels about smash and she is only okay with like Keith and Ole coming over so I can't hold smash fests there.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ICE CLIMBERS ARE BACK >.<

Binx

Smash Master
You don't have to worry about your connection if you have a good enough internet service it will be just fine if anything look forward to Halo and it's less amount of lag than smash.

I have played Halo 3 it's awesome killing has never been more fun.

I would say you all could play smash at my condo in the summer because my girlfriends parents are buying her one and she wants me to live with her I have already asked her how she feels about smash and she is only okay with like Keith and Ole coming over so I can't hold smash fests there.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ICE CLIMBERS ARE BACK >.<
You can't compare halo 3 and smash they are completely different other than the fact they both take skill.

As far as the "less lag" claim you have absolutely ZERO proof of this, no one knows how much it will lag, what we do know is that if it is 1 frame or more it will make a large difference. Where as halo doesn't need to be frame perfect (although it certainly does help)

And yeah, no one can beleive ICs are back, I kept saying if they come back cause I really wanted to believe they had a chance but I really was not confident at all. And why would you care? you main Samus ICs got nothing on that b****.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I never understood why IC's were feared of not coming back. They are the most unique character and that shouldn't be dropped. I don't think any character is going to drop. Because they didn't drop luigi from 64 and he was a total clone.

Roa33

Smash Rookie
Agree with Peach Masta there. Although with the inclusion of Ike I wonder if Nintendo will keep Marth and Roy in aswell. Ike almost seemed like a combination of the two. I guess we will have to wait it out. :(

Binx

Smash Master
Marth was the number one voted character in Japan for who they wanted to stay, I would look forward to 6 more years of him *tear*

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
binx call me, nobody answers at your house ever.

on topic: maybe halo will take some gamers away, cause i for one will be getting it, therein lessening my smash time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
let me talk to my roomate about having a big one on saturday the 29th for 15-20 per person?
EDIT2: Online brawl is confirmed. Unfortunately so is lag based on distance so.... sucks for us. Hopefully Oregon and Cal are close enough to more or less zero out ping.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same timeframe as SCC?

It takes a certain measure of time for information to travel from Point A to Point B. When that distance is to/from a single Wii, the measure of time is moot; but when it goes from one Wii to another Wii miles away, it's impossible - with today's commonly used data transmission - to obtain "zero out ping".

But remember that online games have been around for years and you don't hear people saying how they're "unplayable" because of lag. I just know this for sure: Nintendo is going to have a big surge of traffic when Brawl's online hits their servers. ^-^

T0MMY

Smash Master
If you make plans for a big event on the 29th, t1mmy & I will probably be at SCC. Maybe you can make it a smaller event to get your roommate used to people playing a game for hours at a time first.

I think people didn't think Ice Climbers wouldn't make it back because they caused a lot of problems for programmers in Melee. But with the huge staff working so long on Brawl it's not a surprise they had time to include them (as well as loads of extra bonus feature, including wifi).

Speaking of wifi... yeah, it's going to lag terribly when you first play it. I am saying this because it will have a large amount of traffic in the first few days when everyone tries out the wifi feature. This happened with Mariokart for the DS. That game was insanely popular for a wifi title (more people were playing Mariokart DS online in just the few days it was released then Halo had).

And, yeah, Halo 3 is obviously going to cut into some peoples' Brawl playing time, but so is ping pong, movies, school, work, etc. After Halo 3's hype cools down people will still be playing Brawl, I mean, nobody really thinks Halo 2 affects Melee's crowd.

Binx

Smash Master
Your right, maybe I'll have my big one a week or two later.

@ Minh: Wanna help me move this Sat? if not I am sure I can find someone.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Nintendo'd better invest in loads more servers before Brawl hits the shelves. I remember Mariokart (and even Metroid Prime Hunters) wouldn't even let you connect because there was so many chaos.

Binx

Smash Master
I hope it isn't too laggy, worst case scenario though I get to work on my tricksies while failing at L cancels haha.

Anyways I updated the first page finally so we can set up the tournament soon, when I can get my new address writen down and stuff that'll be good.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
hold a small get together some time next week, keep it a few people, maybe just me even. if things are cool do a small tournament for all of the people that cant make it to scc. if that goes well with roommate, hold an even bigger one 2 weeks later to give your roommate a break and make it a big one.

cmin

Smash Ace
justin i can never get a hold of you, i wanna smash today. call me 380-0755

Binx

Smash Master
Minh you got so good! Your Marth is way better than your Falco though. At least against my ICs and my Fox and my Sheik and... everyone.

Gage learn to take the bus, you live in Trimet territory Ive gone on 70 minute max rides to smash before no jonhs.

We have people who go on 20 hour drives I am sure you can take a bus...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah we'll see. Whos free this sunday for friendlies or maybe a very small tourney?
This sunday is the Pichu Pizza Party. Come to Eugene instead, it'll be a lot more fun.
There will be pizza.
And Pichu.

Top Bottom