• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Kombat, Portland Oregon's Bi-Weekly

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
shhhhhhhhh

binx where were you today when i was gettin womped by minh? since im sure you will be reading this immediately after waking up, meet me at minhs at like 10:30

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So this was fun it wasn't actually a tournament, but still fun. So I am about to do some shoutouts.

Minh: You are all ways one of my favorite smashers to play with. And you are starting to become a pretty good friend. Thanks for hosting this and intense matches during the crew battles

Jayce: You are another one of the smashers I am more fond of. Fun playing with you. You just need to learn how to play Peach haha.

Binx: All ways fun fighting you guys in teams. Your IC's have gotten a lot better since I last saw them. That BC upset was crazy.

BC Chris: Insane upset against Binx. I know you won't read this, but oh well you are still fun to hang around.

Jessie: Nice seeing you again. You should really stay Falcon, because he is a lot better.

Foos: You are fun to watch and you are a fun guy.

Buzz: Didn't talk to you much, but you are pretty goofy.

OC: I have been to three tournies with you and I still don't really know you. I like you though from what I see.

Ryan: You are laying on the bed right behind me. You did good in crews untill the end haha. Our team is all ways to good though.

So Minh thanks for hosting this and everything. Hopefully we can do something else before you have to go off to Corvallis.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Sorry I didn't go.

I mean, sorry t!mmy didn't go with all of us in the same car. >_>

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS....

minh, aka mini-mcs or minhi-mcs? anywho **** your crazy hosting skills are amazing. jv5 stocked justins former apartment

thats all. was fun playing a whole day of friendlies. gage and ryan, you kids crack me up, but wake up earlier next time!

cmin

Smash Ace
ahem jank.... i would like to be called THE CMIN! thanks

anyways thanks to all that came, sorry to disappoint that we didnt have a tournament but it really would have been kinda dumb to have one since noone had money lol. but to tell you the truth, that was still way fun anyways doing crews and the $1 money match between babyfat and BC was just way too good lol =D.

my only shout out:

babyfat and brother binx - you guys laugh weird, and alot, and uncontrollably.. and it freaks everyone out!

edit ( . ) ( . ) - by the way, justinbinx, just keep this thread for portland smashers so you dont have to make a new one everytime you wanna hold another tourney. Just kinda update the next tourney in the title with the date on it, similar to how WA does theirs

cmin

Smash Ace
I suppose we can just still use gamers guild.. what do you think binx and timmy? i mean sure the venue was small, but we still ran it okay. We won't be able to gather like that again at my house fun as it was my sister was quite upset since her room was right next door and was annoyed lol she had to go sit in her car to do her homework. So whenver binx checks this, give me an answer since mortal kombat is your tourney binx, although binx has quite a load on his hands right now with RL problems. Anyways, if it turns out to be at gamers guild, capncone.. no parent johns please i want to play you =]

capncone

Smash Apprentice
I suppose we can just still use gamers guild.. what do you think binx and timmy? i mean sure the venue was small, but we still ran it okay. We won't be able to gather like that again at my house fun as it was my sister was quite upset since her room was right next door and was annoyed lol she had to go sit in her car to do her homework. So whenver binx checks this, give me an answer since mortal kombat is your tourney binx, although binx has quite a load on his hands right now with RL problems. Anyways, if it turns out to be at gamers guild, capncone.. no parent johns please i want to play you =]
Lol yeah. You can be my first official non-neighborhood smashers match.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gamer's Guild would be fine. But it seems like about three (maybe 4?) TVs is all you could fit there, especially since the outside won't be as viable once summer's gone.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
lets find a bigger venue, one easily accessible by trimet. my apartment would be a failsafe, but i would much rather it be at a bigger place... anyone attending psu or pcc? maybe get a rec room or something?
there is a church down the street from where i used to live like 5 years ago and they have a youth group building thing... i dont know what to call it, but it would be perfect. the church used to be called new beginnings and was some christian church, but i think the name has changed.
anyways if we could get a decent sized tournament together and would be willing to play with some church kids that may want to join in that place would be great. last time i was there they had like 10 or more big sized tvs and are very friendly people. the place was made for video game tournaments, we used to do goldeneye tournaments there all the time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The Church of Uncertain Nomclature sounds like a preferable place. You'd have to see what they have to say about it, though. And ... Goldeneye? I forgot all about that game... I think I played it once, but it could have been Perfect Dark... either way you should have just been playing SSB. :]

T0MMY

Smash Master
There were crews?
Was there a non-profit tourney? If so, who played; results of any events?
Hurry up, Portland, put something nice together that the Josh crew will be able to attend. Ronin's new gamer name is Josh.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
i can try to get a hold of the church but i really shouldnt be running a tournament, id rather binx or cmin do it. plus i dont want to have to pretend to be religious to get their help.

its on 76th and davis, and the actual church is a block down the street, 76th and glisan. so if anyone wants to try while im at work today. make sure to mention that everyone is welcome. EVERYONE.

cmin

Smash Ace
hey...guess who is in a religion! let me do the praying/begging. i'll convince them with my mindgames

edit ( . ) ( . ) - oh i forgot oregon parks dont have outlets on the ground randomly like California =0

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey...guess who is in a religion! let me do the praying/begging. i'll convince them with my mindgames

edit ( . ) ( . ) - oh i forgot oregon parks dont have outlets on the ground randomly like California =0
LOL, good times, good times...Oregon needs random outlets, otherwise, our parks own yours :)

on topic, I wanna go to this, too bad you guys are in Oregon...

cmin

Smash Ace
LOL, good times, good times...Oregon needs random outlets, otherwise, our parks own yours :)

on topic, I wanna go to this, too bad you guys are in Oregon...
haha connor, i really wanna play with you again, i barely got to play you when i went down there.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I kind of like the idea of name change to "Portland Kombat"--gives it a local feel.

Rage.

Smash Ace
"Hey whats the torney called again?"
"Portal Combat."
"Sounds like a rip off of a rip off of Mortal Kombat"
"it is...."
"hahahahaha.....is it really?"

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
OMG, I saw it before but I didn't actually pay much attention to it until just now. Jank's avatar is... Powwwwwwderrrrrrrred Tohhhhhhhhhhst Maaa-aaan!

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
ren and stimpy ftw

oh yea, im gonna go check out that church thing today with cmin so hopefully we get something figured out real soon.

cmin

Smash Ace
no noone stayed the night. Um this sunday though i think im gonna hold another smashfest, try to make it ole, if you need i can pick you up. btw do you have aim?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Church??? What is this church?

lol

Only kidding sorry god if your reading this! <3

Anyway Ole I will come talk to you on monday about your setting up bie weeklys I want to hear some of your ideas in person.

Top Bottom