• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popular games that you dislike?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Sorry if this has been done before.

For some reason I'm not a huge fan of Halo or GTA games, even though tons of people out there worship those games.

I also really don't care much for Mario, to be quite honest.

What popular games do you guys dislike?

Puddin

Smash Lord
This will become a Fanboy debate, you should have known that from the start. And don't be suprised with someone comes on saying "I don't like Brawl" and Brawl fans respond "Shut up tourney ***" and so forth and so on. See what did I tell you? First post and it's already begun.

I don't like Halo, I've played it and I hate the controls, and that all my weapons look like water guns or something made by fisher price, perhaps Fisher Price my first laser sword? It's no better then any FPS and it's just plain average.

The Conduit, though not even released, is also becoming over-hyped.

I expect closure the minute a Brawl fanboi comes to fight for his/her precious games honor.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Super Mario Galaxy
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - especially competitive play (of course I hate that in the games overall so..)

All I can say.

Ooh, moar

Maybe not the games themselves, but don't like LoZ:OOT/MM as much as others, mainly 'cause the fanboys who think they're the only good LoZ games without playing any of the others.

And to a certain extent RBY version of Pokemon. I loved playing them with young but there are better ones. (2nd/3rd gen imo)

Oh, and World of Warcraft in a way, but I can't say that so much because of the fact that I always want to go back to it. No matter how many times I do though I just end up hating it even more =/, but the want for it never goes away.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
This will become a Fanboy debate, you should have known that from the start. And don't be suprised with someone comes on saying "I don't like Brawl" and Brawl fans respond "Shut up tourney ***" and so forth and so on. See what did I tell you? First post and it's already begun.

I don't like Halo, I've played it and I hate the controls, and that all my weapons look like water guns or something made by fisher price, perhaps Fisher Price my first laser sword? It's no better then any FPS and it's just plain average.

The Conduit, though not even released, is also becoming over-hyped.

I expect closure the minute a Brawl fanboi comes to fight for his/her precious games honor.
Or we could try to discuss this stuff like adults and respect everyone else's opinions without *****ing and complaining and being fanboys. But yeah you're probably right, some fool will most likely come in yelling at people for not liking his favorite game...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Or we could try to discuss this stuff like adults and respect everyone else's opinions without *****ing and complaining and being fanboys. But yeah you're probably right, some fool will most likely come in yelling at people for not liking his favorite game...
Honestly I hadn't expected to survive this long for calling out Halo's obvious flaws.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I don't like to play Soul Caliber 4. I like to watch other people play though :p

I also don't really like sports games. Fun to watch but not play (except FIFA).

Darkslash

Smash Master
The only way you can hate Mario is that you suck at platformers TBH.

I Really hate the Star Fox series. Common on rails? That sucks.

and to some extent GTA

kr3wman

Smash Master
Kingdom Hearts.

Sports Game.

Some puzzle games. I like tetris and stuff, I just suck at them XD

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like Super Mario Galaxy to be honest. The difficulty was way too easy; none of the
stars were challenging. I constantly found myself with over 30 lives.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
halo and gta not that their horrible games just not my type of games and some of the fans think your dumb or something for not liking them.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
The only way you can hate Mario is that you suck at platformers TBH.

I Really hate the Star Fox series. Common on rails? That sucks.

and to some extent GTA
Actually I'm quite good at platformers. I just don't like Mario. Way to generalize =)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Halo of course....

Psychonauts
medal of honor
Virtua Fighter
World of Warcraft
any realistic sports game
Wii Fit
saints row
killzone
fallout
gears of war
any rachet and clank game

probably some more lol, though there are a few diamonds in the rough of **** that is gaming today.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Most MMOs and games that rely upon an online component to be considered good. I'm just not that into playing with other people most of the time (there are exceptions, of course). Also, Blizzard or Bioware games--I just don't get it. :ohwell:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anything with the genre of survival.

Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc, etc, etc.

I will watch someone play them, but I don't like to play them myself. The controls always feel like crap, and I find them uninteresting altogether.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Gears of War
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Goldeneye (N64)
FF8 and FF6 (as opposed to FF9 and FF7, which I loved)
Car Modding games. Midnight Club, etc.
FIFA 09.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Counter Strike, Halo, Any Final Fantasy after 7, Madden, Wind Waker, Super Mario brothers 2, all the MMO's (I admit I played WOW for 2 years), and this list can go on for a while longer. I can't think of more though I have to hear the names of the games to really remember them despite their popularity.

Things that are banned from discussion: Contra, Starcraft, Super Metroid. Lol (You know it's true!)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Because nobody else has said it yet, guitar hero.
Because its sad to see that ripping off an awesome japanese game series, watering down the difficulty, and releasing it in the west=Success!

Also, brawl(obvious reasons)
Halo(Obvious reasons also)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
GTA
Pikmin
WoW

and others that I can't think of at this moment.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Banned from discussion: Starcraft
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention starcraft, thanks for reminding me.

Also on my list, the first Legend of Zelda, aswell as Zelda: Twighlight Princess.

edit: Nvm. Halo isn't that bad, really...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Because nobody else has said it yet, guitar hero.
Because its sad to see that ripping off an awesome japanese game series, watering down the difficulty, and releasing it in the west=Success!

Also, brawl(obvious reasons)
Halo(Obvious reasons also)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :p

Anyway, Americans aren't going to want to play a music game full of Japanese music, it just doesn't happen.

@Psychoace: Psychonauts wasn't even popular enough to get a sequel...

Did I forget Gears of War? I wouldn't mind it so much if it's fans weren't ten times worse then Halo fans when you try and point out why you don't like it. It's just a BIT overrated.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Any debates on Brawl vs. Melee will result in a week ban. There. Continue on with the topic.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I Have no clue why Halo is liked so much. The Ratchet and Clank series is also way too popular and overrated. I also never got into the gta series and I guess No More Heroes is popular enough to list as a game I don't like.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Counter Strike, Halo, Any Final Fantasy after 7, Madden, Wind Waker, Super Mario brothers 2, all the MMO's (I admit I played WOW for 2 years), and this list can go on for a while longer. I can't think of more though I have to hear the names of the games to really remember them despite their popularity.

Things that are banned from discussion: Contra, Starcraft, Super Metroid. Lol (You know it's true!)
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Counter Strike. I like more WWII-era FPS games, which is why I played Call of Duty competitively and not CS. As for the Final Fantasy games, I agree with you there too. I'm more of a fan of FF 1-6. I don't like 7 as much but I do respect it as a good game. Madden- I agree with you there too.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'm amazed to see as many Rachet and Clank haters as there are, those would actually rank among my favorite games overall.

*shrugs*

Weird. Anywho--I would also have to say that I just don't understand why people like FPSs so much. Yeah, they're fun, but not different enough from one to the next to really play more than one or two in a year. There are exceptions, with games that go above and beyond the norm (Bioshock, for example), but overall it's just one Western developer after another trotting out versions of the same game.

cody420

Smash Cadet
I beat Halo,2,3 on legendary. yet i find that it is only fun on multiplayer, even then its not that good. Bad Companys multiplayer is 100x better then Halos. I dont understand y sum people are balls deep in Master Chief. IMO, Samus Aran > Master Chief.

HALO SUKS

K64

Smash Apprentice
Don't like God of War. It's soo over rated. Yes, the button commands are awsome, but what else? All it has is blood, blood, blood. When I first played COO, the first level had that unessesary scene where u r rewarded w/ "pleasure". Would anyone play that scene in a bus or in a waiting room? I hope the answer is no.

I used to hate Halo, but watching people on Xbox Live is funny as heck. So many animals on there. LOL.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I beat Halo,2,3 on legendary. yet i find that it is only fun on multiplayer, even then its not that good. Bad Companys multiplayer is 100x better then Halos. I dont understand y sum people are balls deep in Master Chief. IMO, Samus Aran > Master Chief.

HALO SUKS
Yeah I feel the same exact way that you do about Halo. I have the first one and I've beaten that game on legendary, but only find it any fun on multiplayer mode anyway. I mean, I will admit that it's a pretty fun game and all of that, but I just don't think it's as awesome as most people say that it is.

Also, lol at being balls deep in Master Chief.

And yeah, I'm a big Metroid fan.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I don't know any didn't point out my Obvious lie in my star Fox Post...

Any ways I REALLY Hate Warcraft and StarCraft...Maybe its becuase i'm not a RTS guy...

Also CoD4. I like it but becuase its modern gives it an A-. Seriously the Modern Automatic Weapons take no skill what so ever. BAR ftw..

Also Banned from discussion: Advance Wars/Famicom Wars,Star Fox SNES and 64(go bash the other 3 if you want)

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I don't know any didn't point out my Obvious lie in my star Fox Post...

Any ways I REALLY Hate Warcraft and StarCraft...Maybe its becuase i'm not a RTS guy...

Also CoD4. I like it but becuase its modern gives it an A-. Seriously the Modern Automatic Weapons take no skill what so ever. BAR ftw..

Also Banned from discussion: Advance Wars/Famicom Wars,Star Fox SNES and 64(go bash the other 3 if you want)
LOL. Didn't even catch the Star Fox part of your first post. It's weird, but in this discussion it didn't even phase me. Maybe it's just all the negativity in the air.

Totally agree with Warcraft/Starcraft, even if you're just being facetious.

ALSO: Western RPGs with superheroes. WTF?

Top Bottom