• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia '18 -- Over! Who made it out of the microwave? Who got popped?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
And when Natz suggested Holder might have been given the gun just because he was the first to ask for it, my initial reaction was, that sounds like something Natz herself would do.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why didn't you say any of this before until I tagged you? You're the most opinionated guy we have here (not a slight), but you've been pretty quiet until you've dropped your thoughts right away when I, the gunbearer, reached out to you.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Why didn't you say any of this before until I tagged you? You're the most opinionated guy we have here (not a slight), but you've been pretty quiet until you've dropped your thoughts right away when I, the gunbearer, reached out to you.
I was actually putting together that post before you tagged me. It takes me longer than 20 minutes to gather my thoughts.

I will be more inactive than I usually am, though. I'm in the last two weeks of school finishing up my demo reel.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was with some peeps most of yesterday and wasn't able to post or really read up.

Holder is the last person I'd expect to be given the gun since not only did he piss a lot of people off in his last game with a gun, he also shot mafia day 1. I seriously doubt they RNG it because even if they did, they'd see their number hit holder and change it. Only reasons that makes sense is they gave Holder the gun was because they either have no faith in him, or want him to die early. We can safely assume it's the later, which means whoever did this is gambling really hard.

Natz is triggering me the most. I don't see any issue with FE's post and find her coming on to him so strongly to be out of character.

If you were scum, would you not see Holder as a threat?

I don't like her singling out Pokechu when it seems like this would be a universal opinion.

We have enough with the Holder pick that all of this RVS nonsense can stop.
Ehh I don’t see that game where he was a dayvig being a sticking point.

If anything for me that game made me trust holder more given how holders finds scum and makes shots is akin to how I would.

That part of this post I don’t see much value unless you think someone who played with holder more often was more likely to hand him a gun?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That makes a lot of sense!!!!! That connection makes sense!!! Ty ty!!

I personally don't think Fire's first two posts seemed fake, they seem in-character from what I've seen and remember in GoT and Mario Mafia. Two games with someone isn't really enough to make a sound judgement, but I'll still have faith that my GoT buddy isn't conspiring to kill me this game, LOL

I just realized though, since I've made five posts in the thread since the game started that means I've made five times as many as Maven and Shish because they've made NONE!!!!! >:^)

I'm on a ROLL!!!!
GoT was more of a free for all everyone for themselves kind of game, why is that relevant here or rather why do you think that tells for town play?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A town member should still want to avoid getting shot, because it still kills a fellow townie.

Re: Holder. I can't believe anybody gave Holder a gun randomly. I think giving him a gun because they hope he'll shoot wrong is a weird play. That's why I asked if Holder had a known grudge with anybody. It's possible the plan was to hope Holder shoots someone he was already biased toward.
Real talk as scum if I were making the call I would absolutely RNG the gun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In what aspect?
Town Holder is a tremendous boon for the town, and at least a hindrance to the Mafia, if not an outright detriment. Unless you're N3ON or Manly it's harder to pull the wool over his eyes, especially if the Mafia isn't confident in the skills of their own players.

Hence why I think they took the opportunity to get rid of him early, by giving him a gun on the most likely misfire phase.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Oh, I didn't expect you would, but please, do tell. I've got nothing to fear from being targeted, so if you've got anything that will let me get a better read on you, I welcome it.
well let me break it down

At the time where I made that post, I was going through the thread and trying to evaluate each person individually. So I was looking at you poking at FE's posts, which I didn't see too much wrong with (apart from their sounding a bit generic), and considered it to be worth a closer look. This was before I began to weigh in who was targeting who more heavily. I could see it being a situation where if one flips clean, the other likely won't. I'm not sure right now as to whether I'd target you or FE first; on one hand you've made more enemies, which narrows down your pool of potential teammates, but I didn't really see that much off about what FE has been doing.
this offs me badly, cause i don't see it as a sitaution if one flips clean the other won't, i don't know where ya got that perspective, its like the fact you know or acknowledge that someone here isn't here as it should be which kinda tips me ya know more than ya going on

don't also like the conclusion of "pool of potential teammates" where as i've been standing theres been no conclusion at all, and it seems more like ya trying to bring more people to throw shade at
Pokechu's style of play is just generally confusing to me. I'm not sure if I find him suspicious because of the game, or suspicious in general. :p The most I can say is that I don't see him as being on the same team as you or Ryu.
thats how pokechu plays

that standard pokechu :V
I'm not sure about Opossum so I put him in the middle. Targeting the guy we don't know much about would be an easy opening move, but at the same time it makes sense to try and draw more out of them. Other than that he's been relatively inoffensive, but it could be that that's exactly what he's aiming for, which is why I'm unsure.
this really puts me off, you say "targeting the guy we don't know much about" but oppo has made like 5 posts here! hes clearly not inactive here, vs peeps who haven't put much into the thread at all, like griaffe, maven, or vaan, and yet ya going on about how ya put him on the list cause ya don't know much about him? have ya even read the thread?

which considering ya put the guy i went out of my way to get at andd me on the same team initally leads to the thinking you HAVEN'T read the thread at all...
Because I didn't have them in my list, I could see Shish and Maven being on the same team; Shish hasn't done much outside of "I agree with Maven" a few times, so it could suggest some external interaction. But I rather doubt he'd be so dumb as to make it that obvious, so I'm not looking into it too much. He also voted for Opossum so unlikely they're mafia together. Maven is unlikely to be on the same mafia team as you, considering his suspicion towards you.
this....i don't really have a problem with, pretty much the only thing

though if you were really out in line you would generally put more thought and emphisis on it no? soudns like ya came up with it on the spot
Ryu has been consistent with what I've seen of him elsewhere, so I don't think much of him yet.
if hes been consistent that means hes been good, i don't like this vagueness ya doing
I don't have much to go on for vaanrose or giraffelasergun yet, so I can't really label them either way... putting them in there was probably a mistake, really.
ya put oppo of "not knowing much about him" over both of them and ya still mention them really irks me off
I think that covers everything that was on my mind.

In retrospect trying to plan out like that was a terrible idea. *shrug* Live and learn, I guess.
indeed it was terrible :V

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't have a super strong read at the moment, but I did take note of one or two things I found suspicious.

Red Ryu casts a vote for Fire, claims rng. But then suggests shooting Pokechu anyway.

Giraffe then shows up, and asks Natz specifically about Pokechu. Not Ryu, who brought up Chu in the first place, or Fire, who was also active at the time. Straight to Natz. That was weird, why call out Natz specifically when she hasn't even mentioned Chu yet?

And then a little later in the day, Natz points a finger at Chu as the possible mafia responsible for giving Holder the gun, because he mentioned last game that he considered Holder a threat.

I'm not sure I agree with the reasons other people are reading Natz as mafia, but if they're right, I can see a hint of collusion between her and Giraffe. She also called Opo's original vote on Giraffe dumb, even though taking out the inactives is a common strategy, one Holder had even already suggested he might consider using.
I open every game with rng pick into me troll posting to see how people post early on.

Pokechu would be my knee jerk shot because last traditional mafia game I played I was near 110% sure Pokechu was scum from non commital posts and being A-ok killing town just cause it was what everyone else wanted.

That kind of play looks really scummy to me no matter the player.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Want me to pop him?
nah, not yet at least, lets scroung up more discussion

but moydows defintally uptook on my list suddenly
I don't have a super strong read at the moment, but I did take note of one or two things I found suspicious.

Red Ryu casts a vote for Fire, claims rng. But then suggests shooting Pokechu anyway.

Giraffe then shows up, and asks Natz specifically about Pokechu. Not Ryu, who brought up Chu in the first place, or Fire, who was also active at the time. Straight to Natz. That was weird, why call out Natz specifically when she hasn't even mentioned Chu yet?

And then a little later in the day, Natz points a finger at Chu as the possible mafia responsible for giving Holder the gun, because he mentioned last game that he considered Holder a threat.

I'm not sure I agree with the reasons other people are reading Natz as mafia, but if they're right, I can see a hint of collusion between her and Giraffe. She also called Opo's original vote on Giraffe dumb, even though taking out the inactives is a common strategy, one Holder had even already suggested he might consider using.
i believe it was cause the post above giraffe, i think it was ryus? said he distrust pokechu or something, and being the earlierst thing there made him question if pokechu is bad

which....i do agree its odd that he did tag me to ask :V i don't know why

though ya thats some good insight, got no complaints with that logic, other than the "taking out the inactives common strategy" part, cuase at the time i said that giraffee didn't turn awol, i just don't like the idea of targeting someone cause ya know nothing about them personally, sounds dumb, if the dude turned inactive like he did now through him in the fire :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
And when Natz suggested Holder might have been given the gun just because he was the first to ask for it, my initial reaction was, that sounds like something Natz herself would do.
....why? :V

if i was mafia i would of given the gun to shish if i could of

dude got bad history of singlemindedness lol
I will be more inactive than I usually am, though. I'm in the last two weeks of school finishing up my demo reel.
oh coolio~ work hard dude and good luck iwth it! rooting for ya~
This feels empty to post.
i agree

the main two posts he posted also felt empty, sketch, and bland

its the main reason i don't like him much and hes my inital suspect

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I feel like, if Moydow was mafia and putting together a list of town reads, she'd be more likely to include her own teammates on the list first. After all, the whole point of making that list if you're mafia is to try to either provide an alibi for your teammates or potentially bus them to put distance between you.

So her leaving out Maven and Shish tells me, if anything, they're not working together.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
....why? :V

if i was mafia i would of given the gun to shish if i could of

dude got bad history of singlemindedness lol
OOOOOOOOOH WAIT WAIT WAIT

lul i misred the post, i thought it was about the stragety to get rid of holder lol

giveing him it cause he asked? ya i would totally do that :tired:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I feel like, if Moydow was mafia and putting together a list of town reads, she'd be more likely to include her own teammates on the list first. After all, the whole point of making that list if you're mafia is to try to either provide an alibi for your teammates or potentially bus them to put distance between you.

So her leaving out Maven and Shish tells me, if anything, they're not working together.
hmmm....in feh where i wass speculating as in out of spectator specataor, i do remember them doing that a lot with konnie....

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
OOOOOOOOOH WAIT WAIT WAIT

lul i misred the post, i thought it was about the stragety to get rid of holder lol

giveing him it cause he asked? ya i would totally do that :tired:
I was about to say, of all the players on that list, you're the only one I think would be nice enough to give the gun to someone just because they ask, lol.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Who do you want popped?
if i haven't made it clear, initally fire bad, with pokechu as a good lean

now moydows post makes me suspect them, for its really weird ends and makes me suspect them not even reading the thread meaning their attention is elsewhere :V

so before
1: fire
2: shimachu

now
1:moydow
2: fire
3 shimachu

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
this offs me badly, cause i don't see it as a sitaution if one flips clean the other won't, i don't know where ya got that perspective, its like the fact you know or acknowledge that someone here isn't here as it should be which kinda tips me ya know more than ya going on

don't also like the conclusion of "pool of potential teammates" where as i've been standing theres been no conclusion at all, and it seems more like ya trying to bring more people to throw shade at
No definitive conclusion, perhaps, but aggressive targeting at an early stage where bussing isn't really necessary heavily suggests it's unlikely you're on the same mafia team. So if you were mafia, then it's unlikely the people you're targeting are with you. This is all I meant. The initial order I had was in error; it would perhaps have been more accurate to have multiple lists, as you or FE being either town or mafia would affect a lot of how I view other people.

Not that I'll be making lists like that again in a hurry, but still.

this really puts me off, you say "targeting the guy we don't know much about" but oppo has made like 5 posts here! hes clearly not inactive here, vs peeps who haven't put much into the thread at all, like griaffe, maven, or vaan, and yet ya going on about how ya put him on the list cause ya don't know much about him? have ya even read the thread?
I was referring to Opossum's first post being to vote for Giraffe, on the basis that he knew nothing about them. Not to Opossum being inactive, which he clearly isn't.

indeed it was terrible :V
Thank you. I'll keep this in mind for when I have the gun. I don't advise giving it to me because it'll mean killing a townie in the process, but I'll certainly try to pick up the slack.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
No definitive conclusion, perhaps, but aggressive targeting at an early stage where bussing isn't really necessary heavily suggests it's unlikely you're on the same mafia team. So if you were mafia, then it's unlikely the people you're targeting are with you. This is all I meant. The initial order I had was in error; it would perhaps have been more accurate to have multiple lists, as you or FE being either town or mafia would affect a lot of how I view other people.

....please say this in small words katt don't understand
I was referring to Opossum's first post being to vote for Giraffe, on the basis that he knew nothing about them. Not to Opossum being inactive, which he clearly isn't.
.....oh

.... i'm an idiot okay? ^-^'
Thank you. I'll keep this in mind for when I have the gun. I don't advise giving it to me because it'll mean killing a townie in the process, but I'll certainly try to pick up the slack.
coolio -3-

D

Deleted member

I'm even more on team "Pop Natz" after reading these posts.
Natz~ Natz~
What would you think of being popped?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

....please say this in small words katt don't understand
Basically, I looked at each player one by one, and assumed for the sake of argument that they were mafia. So I tried to figure out who their potential teammates would be, in that scenario. In your case, considering that you targeted FE and Pokechu, and Maven targeted you, then if you are mafia, it's unlikely that any of those three would be on your team. So that's what I mean by narrowing down the pool of potential teammates.

It's just a way of looking at each player, and seeing if I can use what I know about them to figure out who they might or might not be working with. If I can narrow down a person's potential allies enough, then it can help me figure out the likelihood of them being mafia or not.

I only did this after mistakenly posting the original list I had; if not for accidentally hitting the "post" button, I would probably have worked it into something like a chart of who I think could be allied with whom, since that would have better explained the point I was trying to make.

Obviously I exclude myself from all of this, because I know I'm in the clear. :p

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I'm even more on team "Pop Natz" after reading these posts.
Natz~ Natz~
What would you think of being popped?
i would finally be able to relive my dreams of firing the gun back from bad idea mafia and play some awesome music in the background as well :V

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
seriously maven ruined everything there and i was a bomb not a gun, complete sad face of how all that went for naught even if it did help us win in the end

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Basically, I looked at each player one by one, and assumed for the sake of argument that they were mafia. So I tried to figure out who their potential teammates would be, in that scenario. In your case, considering that you targeted FE and Pokechu, and Maven targeted you, then if you are mafia, it's unlikely that any of those three would be on your team. So that's what I mean by narrowing down the pool of potential teammates.

It's just a way of looking at each player, and seeing if I can use what I know about them to figure out who they might or might not be working with. If I can narrow down a person's potential allies enough, then it can help me figure out the likelihood of them being mafia or not.

I only did this after mistakenly posting the original list I had; if not for accidentally hitting the "post" button, I would probably have worked it into something like a chart of who I think could be allied with whom, since that would have better explained the point I was trying to make.

Obviously I exclude myself from all of this, because I know I'm in the clear. :p
ah ok

sounds like a lotta work :V to much for me, or maybe i'm just lazy :tired:

and hey, ya i know the horrors of the post button pushing >->

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hmmm, I tire of this. I'll be handing the gun off now.

Pop! Opossum

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so who should I pop?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I only did it because I asked for his opinion and he just kept on liking posts in the social. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Threads

Also debating between:
Shish
Natz
Chu
Vaan

D

Deleted member

Okay so who should I pop?
Maybe we should deal with inactives first? I'm not sure if this game ends as soon as Mafia hits majority or not but we've had a history with letting inactives slip by. Otherwise, I say Natz.

Top Bottom