• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia '18 -- Over! Who made it out of the microwave? Who got popped?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm suspicious of this post cause its a good way to wagon someone without being involved. As you can fall back on saying it was random. When its likely that a scum ryu would see Natz suspicion of me and want to push me without having himself as really accountable if I come up town. It's opportunistic. Even then, I don't like the use of RNG in this situation, as town we want to have reasonings for our decisions, not let scum have an advantage by relying on randomness.
I start every game with random.org to get the ball rolling given we got nothing to really get the ball rolling.

Do you think I am doing this to keep my hands clean given this?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
also just saw this

Woooow :/

I thought one game of wanting my head on a pike would've been enough for you :(

I place my Unofficial Official Vote on Red Rover out of pure pettiness and spite!! LOL

VOTE RED RYU
Nah, you play in a way that I will want dead in every game so shooting you is A-ok with me. I was extremely convinced you had to be scum in that other game because you refused to commit to anything.

Let's see if you can give me something to work with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My bad, have been mostly busy for the entire weekend.
Anyways, it's clear the thought process would be to give the gun to the player most likely to make accurate reads late game. Unless Holder hits bingo, he's gone. And my bet is that someone who's played for a long time with him would make that call.

Unofficial Vote: Opossum
I mean, in fairness, I think most of us are at the point where we've played with Holder enough that we'd have made the same call.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was with some peeps most of yesterday and wasn't able to post or really read up.

Holder is the last person I'd expect to be given the gun since not only did he piss a lot of people off in his last game with a gun, he also shot mafia day 1. I seriously doubt they RNG it because even if they did, they'd see their number hit holder and change it. Only reasons that makes sense is they gave Holder the gun was because they either have no faith in him, or want him to die early. We can safely assume it's the later, which means whoever did this is gambling really hard.

Natz is triggering me the most. I don't see any issue with FE's post and find her coming on to him so strongly to be out of character.
though that actually does give kattakatt an idea now

i still lean towards more the holder was given the gun cause he asked/complete random theories, but if that is true FingerofSuspicion: Pokechu

i do recall specifically he sees holder as a dangerous threat, and if that theory is true he would be a quite big ole suspect
If you were scum, would you not see Holder as a threat?

I don't like her singling out Pokechu when it seems like this would be a universal opinion.

We have enough with the Holder pick that all of this RVS nonsense can stop.

D

Deleted member

I mean, in fairness, I think most of us are at the point where we've played with Holder enough that we'd have made the same call.
Eh, fair enough.

Still, I do like Maven's point. There's no reason any Town member should be scared of Holder since the only way someone can die in this game is by shooting Town or being Mafia.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, fair enough.

Still, I do like Maven's point. There's no reason any Town member should be scared of Holder since the only way someone can die in this game is by shooting Town or being Mafia.
That's why I'm more worried about Holder making the wrong call. A confirmed townie Holder who can only, in essence, die by his own hand is invaluable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That sounded far less ass-kissy in my head, I swear.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Eh, fair enough.

A town member should still want to avoid getting shot, because it still kills a fellow townie.

Re: Holder. I can't believe anybody gave Holder a gun randomly. I think giving him a gun because they hope he'll shoot wrong is a weird play. That's why I asked if Holder had a known grudge with anybody. It's possible the plan was to hope Holder shoots someone he was already biased toward.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Right now I am considering between these three people:

Natz
Shishoe
Opossum

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm looking at FE's posts and, while they do come off as a bit generic-sounding (like he said himself, anyone could say what he said), I don't really think it's indicative of mafia trying to pass as town, since he does still raise valid points. Mafia in this game want Holder to shoot early and hit town, rather than encourage him to take time to figure things out.

I dunno about Natz going after him just because his posts sound generic, though. It seems like she focused on that to the point of overlooking any point he was trying to make. I can get why she might go after a post based on the tone of it, but I don't think those are the posts to look at in that regard.

Ryu starting with an RNG vote is consistent with what I've seen of him before, so I don't see too much in it. I don't think random votes are necessary when we have a guy with a gun to mull over, but whatever.

I can't really offer anything more on why Holder would have been given the gun, because I don't know him well enough to judge. I'd also say that means I wouldn't give him the gun myself, since I'd rather give it to someone I can read better.

D

Deleted member

A town member should still want to avoid getting shot, because it still kills a fellow townie.

Re: Holder. I can't believe anybody gave Holder a gun randomly. I think giving him a gun because they hope he'll shoot wrong is a weird play. That's why I asked if Holder had a known grudge with anybody. It's possible the plan was to hope Holder shoots someone he was already biased toward.
Still, those are two different feelings and reactions. This is essentially "Desperado: The Game" so I'm being reminded of how Uni reacted to Coricus's shot back in Capcom vs. Mafia.

Natz
Shishoe
Opossum
I'd say Natz then. I like Maven's point, I know I'm clean and I was never sure on Opo anyways.

Unofficial Unvote: Opossum
Unofficial Vote: Natz

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I was with some peeps most of yesterday and wasn't able to post or really read up.

Holder is the last person I'd expect to be given the gun since not only did he piss a lot of people off in his last game with a gun, he also shot mafia day 1. I seriously doubt they RNG it because even if they did, they'd see their number hit holder and change it. Only reasons that makes sense is they gave Holder the gun was because they either have no faith in him, or want him to die early. We can safely assume it's the later, which means whoever did this is gambling really hard.

Natz is triggering me the most. I don't see any issue with FE's post and find her coming on to him so strongly to be out of character.

If you were scum, would you not see Holder as a threat?

I don't like her singling out Pokechu when it seems like this would be a universal opinion.

We have enough with the Holder pick that all of this RVS nonsense can stop.
i do mostly cause it comes off as trying to avoid the gun by stating obvious/trying to look good

call it gut if ya want it looks sketch to katt :V

also i was the first one to pick up on pokechu, at least i think so :V

also i'm not rvsing i'm trying to give ideas to the table :V

also don't understand by what ya mean by "if you were scum, would you not see holder as a threat?" :V

Natz
Shishoe
Opossum
can understand myself and shish

why oppo? :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i do mostly cause it comes off as trying to avoid the gun by stating obvious/trying to look good

call it gut if ya want it looks sketch to katt :V

also i was the first one to pick up on pokechu, at least i think so :V

also i'm not rvsing i'm trying to give ideas to the table :V

also don't understand by what ya mean by "if you were scum, would you not see holder as a threat?" :V

can understand myself and shish

why oppo? :V
Because if Holder shoots me, he'll die. :v

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Mafia

1. Natz~
  2. Pokechu
  3. FireEmblemnier
  4. Opossum

5. giraffelasergun
  6. vaanrose
  7. Red Ryu
  8. Moydow
  9. Holder of the Gun
Town
Oh, whoops, I was still thinking and somehow accidentally found a keyboard shortcut for "post message", but this is sort of where my thought process is at the moment. Might post more details later

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
....got a question there moydow

first off i'm pretty much the only one in the boat against fire, why do ya suspect him?

second off, how can we be both mafia if the literal first thing i did was call fires two posts sketch? i know theres bussing, but therres no purpose to bussing without purpose

i'm also the frist one to point a finger to pokechu as well

how does that camp all three of us as mafia? when the literal first thing i've done in this game is go at their throats

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can answer all those questions with "my post was incomplete and I was still thinking". :p In the time between then and now, I've been looking at interactions like that, and I find it hard to see you on the same team as Maven, Pokechu, or FE. That would seem to narrow down your list of potential team-mates a lot, and now I'm not so sure I'd put you at the top of the list.

I need a bit more time to figure the details out, but I probably won't put you at the top of the list next time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In future I should probably do that sort of planning in like a notepad file or something, where there's less chance of triggering the "post message" shortcut on accident. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can answer all those questions with "my post was incomplete and I was still thinking". :p In the time between then and now, I've been looking at interactions like that, and I find it hard to see you on the same team as Maven, Pokechu, or FE. That would seem to narrow down your list of potential team-mates a lot, and now I'm not so sure I'd put you at the top of the list.

I need a bit more time to figure the details out, but I probably won't put you at the top of the list next time.
On the other hand, the remaining list is mostly people who've been pretty quiet so far, and haven't given us much to go on yet. Hmm.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
so everybody just thinks i'm mafia huh? :V well oh well then, shoot me and i'll blast my suspicions then

don't care if its incomplete, still answer

label out your thoughts better

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> everyone else watching this ****fest I created

Do I just not exist? :^(
Go and finish EOV first, and then I might acknowledge your existence.

don't care if its incomplete, still answer

label out your thoughts better
At the time where I made that post, I was going through the thread and trying to evaluate each person individually. So I was looking at you poking at FE's posts, which I didn't see too much wrong with (apart from their sounding a bit generic), and considered it to be worth a closer look. This was before I began to weigh in who was targeting who more heavily. I could see it being a situation where if one flips clean, the other likely won't. I'm not sure right now as to whether I'd target you or FE first; on one hand you've made more enemies, which narrows down your pool of potential teammates, but I didn't really see that much off about what FE has been doing.

Pokechu's style of play is just generally confusing to me. I'm not sure if I find him suspicious because of the game, or suspicious in general. :p The most I can say is that I don't see him as being on the same team as you or Ryu.

I'm not sure about Opossum so I put him in the middle. Targeting the guy we don't know much about would be an easy opening move, but at the same time it makes sense to try and draw more out of them. Other than that he's been relatively inoffensive, but it could be that that's exactly what he's aiming for, which is why I'm unsure.

Because I didn't have them in my list, I could see Shish and Maven being on the same team; Shish hasn't done much outside of "I agree with Maven" a few times, so it could suggest some external interaction. But I rather doubt he'd be so dumb as to make it that obvious, so I'm not looking into it too much. He also voted for Opossum so unlikely they're mafia together. Maven is unlikely to be on the same mafia team as you, considering his suspicion towards you.

Ryu has been consistent with what I've seen of him elsewhere, so I don't think much of him yet.

I don't have much to go on for vaanrose or giraffelasergun yet, so I can't really label them either way... putting them in there was probably a mistake, really.

I think that covers everything that was on my mind.

In retrospect trying to plan out like that was a terrible idea. *shrug* Live and learn, I guess.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
No fair, why do you give validation to all these nerds who have never played a single EO game then?
At least they aren't attempting to shill a game they can't be bothered to play themselves. :p
okay, that isn't one of the sharper points I could have needled you with, I'm sorry

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
> everyone else watching this ****fest I created

Go and finish EOV first, and then I might acknowledge your existence.

At the time where I made that post, I was going through the thread and trying to evaluate each person individually. So I was looking at you poking at FE's posts, which I didn't see too much wrong with (apart from their sounding a bit generic), and considered it to be worth a closer look. This was before I began to weigh in who was targeting who more heavily. I could see it being a situation where if one flips clean, the other likely won't. I'm not sure right now as to whether I'd target you or FE first; on one hand you've made more enemies, which narrows down your pool of potential teammates, but I didn't really see that much off about what FE has been doing.

Pokechu's style of play is just generally confusing to me. I'm not sure if I find him suspicious because of the game, or suspicious in general. :p The most I can say is that I don't see him as being on the same team as you or Ryu.

I'm not sure about Opossum so I put him in the middle. Targeting the guy we don't know much about would be an easy opening move, but at the same time it makes sense to try and draw more out of them. Other than that he's been relatively inoffensive, but it could be that that's exactly what he's aiming for, which is why I'm unsure.

Because I didn't have them in my list, I could see Shish and Maven being on the same team; Shish hasn't done much outside of "I agree with Maven" a few times, so it could suggest some external interaction. But I rather doubt he'd be so dumb as to make it that obvious, so I'm not looking into it too much. He also voted for Opossum so unlikely they're mafia together. Maven is unlikely to be on the same mafia team as you, considering his suspicion towards you.

Ryu has been consistent with what I've seen of him elsewhere, so I don't think much of him yet.

I don't have much to go on for vaanrose or giraffelasergun yet, so I can't really label them either way... putting them in there was probably a mistake, really.

I think that covers everything that was on my mind.

In retrospect trying to plan out like that was a terrible idea. *shrug* Live and learn, I guess.
.....all this i don't like to much

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't have a super strong read at the moment, but I did take note of one or two things I found suspicious.

Red Ryu casts a vote for Fire, claims rng. But then suggests shooting Pokechu anyway.

Giraffe then shows up, and asks Natz specifically about Pokechu. Not Ryu, who brought up Chu in the first place, or Fire, who was also active at the time. Straight to Natz. That was weird, why call out Natz specifically when she hasn't even mentioned Chu yet?

And then a little later in the day, Natz points a finger at Chu as the possible mafia responsible for giving Holder the gun, because he mentioned last game that he considered Holder a threat.

I'm not sure I agree with the reasons other people are reading Natz as mafia, but if they're right, I can see a hint of collusion between her and Giraffe. She also called Opo's original vote on Giraffe dumb, even though taking out the inactives is a common strategy, one Holder had even already suggested he might consider using.

Top Bottom