• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia '18 -- Over! Who made it out of the microwave? Who got popped?

D

Deleted member

Don't expect one from me, I have no idea how to write a poem much less in English, so I"m not bothering

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't even know what to say
The format's AABBA
But this lack of trying
Means SOMEBODY'S dying...
So I'll just Pop: Natz and then pray.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess you can call that a poetic death.

D

Deleted member

This is gonna be a quick one, isn't it? I say shoot an inactive

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
told all ya ****ers :V

i been scum hunting fire since the begining, and all ya are the ones who took me as scum for wahtever reason

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Right so I skimmed a lot of content before,

I recommend everyone makes a pool of 4 people to shoot.
I’m hella busy at work training so can’t check my phone outside of breaks or lunches,

Shish
Fire
Maven
Pokechu/Vann I need info of the above first before I figure this out.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
so i was told to hold fire so ya guys can figure crap out

and i got nothing here other than two people

great help ya all are

screw this
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
pop: moydow

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You have chosen......poorly
cool

so games over

and honeslty glad, cause after opossum frustration over the limerick thing, people thinking i'm scum for trying to scum hunt, all the **** thats been happening to me, and i don't even wanna start about the hell i'm being put over in the other game, i'm glad i can get out of another mafia game

****ing not playing anymore for a long time

i'm sick of ****ing mafia and dealing with people

D

Deleted member

You telling me that if I had pushed Pokechu we might have won? **** me

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm sad that no one shot you :(

Wouldn't gotten revenge for BIM >:^)

LOL
Oh wait this doesn't make sense

You wouldn't have died since you're town

I'm dumb sorry

This post? NEVER happened ;)

Maven89

Smash Master
cool

so games over

and honeslty glad, cause after opossum frustration over the limerick thing, people thinking i'm scum for trying to scum hunt, all the **** thats been happening to me, and i don't even wanna start about the hell i'm being put over in the other game, i'm glad i can get out of another mafia game

I was only pushing the idea that you were scummy because you were town

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Threads

Also debating between:
Shish
Natz
Chu
Vaan
This poster whose name ends with -sum
Called this post the list of the scum,
With half of them right,
And with victory in sight...
...He shot Natz and feels really dumb

Maven89

Smash Master
We discussed who to give the gun to and eventually decided to gamble everything on Holder. We figured he’d probably wind up with the gun anyways, so it’s best to give it to him early when there was a better chance for him to shoot town. We also figured Holder had a chance to shoot all of us in succession, but we wanted to gamble anyways.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Dang, the only one I had considered briefly was Vaan because he was so quiet and then piped up when I tagged him. Should have went with that but the mind wanders.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Dang, the only one I had considered briefly was Vaan because he was so quiet and then piped up when I tagged him. Should have went with that but the mind wonders.
I was actually completely truthful that I was writing that post before you tagged me, lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not sure how crazy I am about this kind of set-up. It's interesting but also not.

No actions except the pop, and the pop only affects mafia. Meaning, townies that don't have the gun are basically just spectators.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not sure how crazy I am about this kind of set-up. It's interesting but also not.

No actions except the pop, and the pop only affects mafia. Meaning, townies that don't have the gun are basically just spectators.
Alternatively, they're the jurors to the popper's judge.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think the problem largely had to do with the fact that there was only 6 pages to derive information from; Town in general needs to be proactive with scum hunting and getting out information. The gun wielder is also in a position where they can force people to talk, which I feel I didn't see enough of.

A lot of this seemed like random shooting on hunches.

(I feel like I've been a critic a lot lately lol but just my opinion on things).

cool

so games over

I thought your D1/D2 play was fine; I also thought FE was suspicious in my blind read. I started to have some doubts towards the end but welp it is what it is.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Mafia are just spectators, too. Hardly much of a reason to play. The mafia chat is just one page discussing if we should give the gun to you and then nothing after it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Eh wasn't sure what I could do, I actually kind of wanted to get shot just to have the chance of being the one who decides but oh well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The gun wielder is also in a position where they can force people to talk, which I feel I didn't see enough of.
Not exactly.

In a broad sense of, "I'll shoot you, and if you know we're town, well then we get closer to losing", yes.

But every (other) townie knows that not only can they not die, but being popped actually gives them power.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well I guess we could've tagged everyone, ask for a vote and/or a small list of suspects, and say anyone that doesn't comply becomes top priority for popping.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Not exactly.

In a broad sense of, "I'll shoot you, and if you know we're town, well then we get closer to losing", yes.

But every townie knows they not only cannot die, but being popped actually gives them power.
I can see that. Basically, because only the mafia and the gun wielder are in danger of dying in that phase, the townspeople feel less motivated?

Still, if the gun wielder is wrong, that puts the townies 1 day closer to LyLo. I guess I would have been more prone to helping you or the other gun wielders rather than just saying "fine shoot me go ahead lol." Eh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It seems like a setup where the strongest option for the mafia is basically to do nothing (moreso than normal), I think? Like, three out of the four mafia players here were pretty quiet, if someone had decided to target an inactive at any point they probably would have hit one of them. Essentially the town players (particularly the one with the gun) need to do more to get people talking, and anyone being too quiet should be at the top of the list for popping. A town player doesn't really have anything to fear from being too active, except the chance of causing another town player to die, so in that position you need to put more work in.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It benefits mafia a ton in this setup to be inactive, because in a normal game, shooting an inactive player has the risk of removing a town player who isn't contributing to the scum hunt, but in this game, shooting an inactive player has the risk of giving the only means of eliminating scum to a town player who isn't contributing to the scum hunt. You can't actually eliminate town inactives, and trying to bingo an inactive mafia runs the risk of giving all the power to an inactive townie.

Maven89

Smash Master
These are the only relevant parts of our scum chat (and about 80% of it)

Last time Shish had a gun he shot you twenty minutes into the game.
My gut would say Moydow, Opossum or giraffe. Moydow is still new and has never played a game like this and might not be sure how to use the responsibilty of the gun, opossum is a strong player but doesn’t post much and we could bet on him misfiring and getting killed early, and giraffe is normally inactive from what I remember.

Then again, opossum seems to always be read scum and might be a better target to be shot than given the gun to.

Natz, maybe. I don’t know her that well but it’s possible she’ll be offended someone gave it to her.

Or Holder, and just hope he shoots wrong so we can knock him out early. I feel the Holder choice is what I’d do if I was by myself, it’s a huge gamble because he’s the only player I realistically seeing shooting correctly every time, but I also doubt he will so giving him the gun will probably result in him dying, hopefully he’ll die first. I don’t want him telling people who to shoot or being given the game late in tbe game when town only needs one or two shots to win.
Holder is pretty good at scum reading, but he's also the kind of player that, once he gets someone in his sights, he locks on and never lets up, even when he's wrong. He's actually lost games for town because he got scum-locked on to Town!Me and Town!Chu before.

So if any of the other players give him that scum tingle, he's liable to just shoot immediately. But the flipside is he'd do the same to any of us.
I kind of like the Holder idea the more I think about it.

It's a big move, definitely, and could backfire tremendously, but I think he'd never expect to be given the gun first thing. He is also probably likely to get shot at some point anyway, since people fear him when he's scum, so it might be in our best interest to give him the gun when nobody has had time to make any big connections yet and when the odds are highest he shoots wrong.
My vote would be for that. Could backfire spectacularly, or it could work beautifully. I'm fine with taking the risk.

My biggest fear is that he'll think really hard about who would give him the gun, and decide on 1. Pokechu, because Pokechu talks about helping his friends more than winning, and then you and me, for having the balls to do this.

However, I still think it's the best choice.
What I mean is, I can see Holder getting shot by a town player out of paranoia for him being scum. So town will lose a member if they do that, which is good, but then Holder would have fewer options when deciding who to shoot when he gets the gun, which is bad.
I'm fine with any choice really, at first I was hesitant with Holder because he has gotten a scum out D1 before, but that was more because Ura was sticking to Scum 101 and panicked over one vote.

Just for clarification though, could you explain this point?

Just wanna make sure I know what you mean, since I don't see a correlation between me being a social butterfly over a winner (LOL) and Holder shooting me for it.
I'll vote in favor of Holder. I think I'll be less annoyed if Holder shoots me then if someone else shoots me, lol. It'll be interesting to see if he's capable of getting any good reads in an open setup with no power roles and no lynch. The day one shot is the hardest shot.
Might be useful to think about who Holder is likely to shoot though

E.g. I don't see him shooting Giraffe, I think he'd stick to someone who he's been playing with. This is what might make me a target for him, considering how I've been in every game.

Fire and Natz usually have good town games, so I don't see Holder shooting them either.

I think Holder's most likely to shoot Opo, Moy, or I. I think he'd stray away from shooting you guys, I think he'd assume innocent until guilty for you all and would consider how you three would be the most likely to out a scum during the endgame. plot twist: "I can't pick I'll give the gun to vaan/ryu/maven so they can"

I think he might shoot out Opo because he's usually wack with his activity. Moy is a different case because as vaan said she's only been a mafia and a global threat so far, but I can still see Holder shooting her.
Hmmm. While I think Holder wouldn't shoot unless he has a reason to, I do think he'd be more willing to take a risk with his own life and shoot with less resson. But I also think Natz would've shot me in that last gun game had she actually had a gun, so I think she's primed to be suspicious of me by default.

Moydow or Giraffe are probably the "safest" day one plays since they have the least experience with us.
This was a huge risk we just took and violates all concepts on who to give the gun to. Should be fun!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
pretty impressed how I predicted Holder shooting Opo :'^)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What the **** Pokechu predicted me shooting Opossum how is that possible?

HE EVEN NINJAS ME WITH THIS POST A SECOND BEFORE ME?!

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
What the **** Pokechu predicted me shooting Opossum how is that possible?

HE EVEN NINJAS ME WITH THIS POST A SECOND BEFORE ME?!

omg... LOL

I'm actually really surprised I ended up being right (and ninja'ing you just now :laugh:)

It's funny because even my reasoning turned out true, you shot Opo because you tagged him but he was liking posts in the social, and I said that you'd shoot him because his activity is wack :joyful:

I hope I didn't spend all of my luck points this game LOL

Top Bottom