• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia '18 -- Over! Who made it out of the microwave? Who got popped?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Grab your salt, because it's time for Popcorn Mafia, your much-awaited palate cleanser!

Setup

7 Town
4 Scum

Mechanics

Before the game starts, Scum must privately choose one of the Town to be the Gunbearer. That player has until deadline runs out to shoot another player. (The command is Pop! Player.) If the Gunbearer hits Scum, they keep the gun. If the Gunbearer hits Town, the Gunbearer dies and the targeted Town member becomes the new Gunbearer.

If the Gunbearer does not shoot by deadline, they die and the scum privately choose a new Gunbearer.

The Gunbearer is always announced and confirmed as innocent.

This game is only Day phases. There are no official votes to lynch, and none will be counted by me. There is no private communication, except for the Scum.

Role PMs

Welcome, [Player Name], you are Town.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Welcome, Scum. You may talk with your partners here.

Win condition: You win when the number of Scum is equal to, or more than, the number of Town.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So the mafia doesn't kill traditionally, all kills (aside from lynches) come from the gunbearer failing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Hacks the Mafia mainframe*

"I'm in."

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's our cast, and this game starts tomorrow at 4 p.m. Eastern. Roles will go out now-ish so that scum can discuss their choice of Gunbearer. Confirmation is welcome but not mandatory.

After some brief thought, I've gotten rid of the Scum role PMs. All four Scum members are notified of their roles through their shared PM only. The text of said PM is in the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Town reporting for duty.

Now someone gimme a gun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time to pop a corny joke.

D

Deleted member

I got my role but won't be here for when it starts. Good luck guys.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ok, Holder since there's 10 of us without the gun, you have a 40% chance of popping scum. I don't recommend shooting immediately. As we would have nothing to look through to form connections no matter who you shoot.

The odds will improve as conversation goes on. Anyways to start things off, do you prefer your buttered or kettlecorn?
I say you either have it buttered or you are a monster.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
AWWWWWW :^(

Why couldn't I get the gun???? I want a gun!! Shish shorted me in BIM, this was MY time to shine!! RIP

guess I gotta force the town to be a brothel some other day... :(

LOL

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also keep in mind, Holder either you die or you pop scum. So even if you still don't have an idea of who might be in the scum faction by the end of the phase, it's better to take a potshot with the chance of living rather than not shoot at all in the day phase. A townie will not die if they are shot, they will just recieve the gun. This means as well if you're suspicious of someone it's better off shooting them even if they are town near the end of the phase as that's one less person we have to consider when reading others afterwards. As if you do not shoot, scum will likely choose someone already seen as town towards everybody so the town has less information.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
When is the deadline, anyway? I don't see any mention of the actual time anywhere, but I might just be blind.

Unless that 11-hour video is meant to represent the length of the day. :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Now that you mention it it's not in the thread.
Is there even a deadline or are Day phases indefinite for this setup?
I know in the mafiascum rules that was in the thread before, there were deadlines. So I'm assuming there are, unless #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe says otherwise

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Players can put in artificial votes like a normal game, if a majority is reached that would compel me to shoot someone.

I'd also like to hear the thoughts of the players about why or why not they'd give me a gun. The only person I already know wouldn't give me one is Maven because of his predisposition towards me when I last held a gun in my hand.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Or I might just shoot whoever ends up posting/showing up the least. Not sure yet.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm still wary of people bearing leftover salt from the last game. :p I'd just walk into the thread - "hi" - and they'll have shot me. I suppose disposing of leftover salt is why we're here, but still.

So there are only like two people on the player list I'd give the gun to, and you're not one of them.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Since Holder Suggested it. Vote Opossum

Unofficial Votecount

giraffelasergun
Maven89
Shishœ
Moydow
Pokechu
Natz~
Opossum - (1) FireEmblemnier
vaanrose
FireEmblemnier
Red Ryu

Voting: (1) FireEmblemnier

Not Voting: (9) giraffelasergun, Maven89, Shishœ, Moydow, Pokechu, Natz~, Opossum, vaanrose, Red Ryu

I removed Holder from the list as there is no reason for anyone to vote for him, as a he is confirmed town and can't be shot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't played a game with giraffelasergun yet, so I don't know much about their playstyle. For my Official Unofficial Vote, I'll
Vote: giraffelasergun

Top Bottom