• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia '18 -- Over! Who made it out of the microwave? Who got popped?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
aw boo :V i wanted to shoot peeps

kattakatt sad .-.

oh well though honestly....why the **** did anyone give town holder a gun?
The mafia has chosen well. Although I wonder--who would give me a gun?
they gotta know their reputation right? holder always does good with kill potential and on town sided

though.....maybe thats a sign they don't holder that well?

or maybe this could be a sign of the opposite, cause while holder does have a good shot range hes also rash, quick judging, and impatiant with destruction :V

but i still think that speaks for the opposite cause those traits come up the better amount than the bad amount.... hmmmmm it also could mean that they know holder well as well and did the opposite as a red herring...

katt brains hurts :tired:
Ok, Holder since there's 10 of us without the gun, you have a 40% chance of popping scum. I don't recommend shooting immediately. As we would have nothing to look through to form connections no matter who you shoot.

The odds will improve as conversation goes on. Anyways to start things off, do you prefer your buttered or kettlecorn?
I say you either have it buttered or you are a monster.
Also keep in mind, Holder either you die or you pop scum. So even if you still don't have an idea of who might be in the scum faction by the end of the phase, it's better to take a potshot with the chance of living rather than not shoot at all in the day phase. A townie will not die if they are shot, they will just recieve the gun. This means as well if you're suspicious of someone it's better off shooting them even if they are town near the end of the phase as that's one less person we have to consider when reading others afterwards. As if you do not shoot, scum will likely choose someone already seen as town towards everybody so the town has less information.
....i don't like these posts

holder shoot him :V
FakeUnofficalPointlessVote: fireemblemnier
I haven't played a game with giraffelasergun yet, so I don't know much about their playstyle. For my Official Unofficial Vote, I'll
Vote: giraffelasergun
.....thats dumb :V

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

kattakatt sad .-.

they gotta know their reputation right? holder always does good with kill potential and on town sided

or maybe this could be a sign of the opposite, cause while holder does have a good shot range hes also rash, quick judging, and impatiant with destruction :V

but i still think that speaks for the opposite cause those traits come up the better amount than the bad amount.... hmmmmm it also could mean that they know holder well as well and did the opposite as a red herring...

You don't like my posts, that's certainly specific.
Please explain.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You don't like my posts, that's certainly specific.
Please explain.
they look fake and staged

like ya preped them before

it looks like a buncha nonsense to make it sound like ya know what your saying and they come off weird to me :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

kattakatt sad .-.

How is it dumb? We're in the unofficial RVS. Why not go for the person who would be e hardest to get a read on when the final outcome is irrelevant?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
they look fake and staged

like ya preped them before

it looks like a buncha nonsense to make it sound like ya know what your saying and they come off weird to me :V
Well they aren't faked, nor staged.
Honestly it was posts to get myself in the mindset of the game by stating how much of a chance Holder has of taking out scum, as well as inform others of the current gamestate. Anyone could of said what I have said. if I was scum, I wouldn't encourage people to communicate and tell Holder to hold off on going gungho. It is in our best interest to encourage talking amongst each other rather than having quick phases of instant shooting. The connections we formed with others will help inform Holder and the future gunbearers (if there will be any) and help them find scum more efficiently as the game goes on. Scum would want Holder to shoot before many people get the chance to talk to one another, and that would not be good for us.
I'm sorry if my first 2 posts seem low effort, but it's there to remind people to not be rash.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
How is it dumb? We're in the unofficial RVS. Why not go for the person who would be e hardest to get a read on when the final outcome is irrelevant?
"this is the first time we ever interacted with this person"

"lets kill them just for that"

sounds pretty ****ing dumb to me :tired:

and also this is still mafia dude, actually give a damn reason to shoot someone :V, i gave my reason to shoot fire cause i think his two first posts are scum trying to bluff its way to not get shot by pretending to be proactive duitify town

wanna get them shot give an actual reason other than "their new kill them"

Well they aren't faked, nor staged.
Honestly it was posts to get myself in the mindset of the game by stating how much of a chance Holder has of taking out scum, as well as inform others of the current gamestate. Anyone could of said what I have said. if I was scum, I wouldn't encourage people to communicate and tell Holder to hold off on going gungho. It is in our best interest to encourage talking amongst each other rather than having quick phases of instant shooting. The connections we formed with others will help inform Holder and the future gunbearers (if there will be any) and help them find scum more efficiently as the game goes on. Scum would want Holder to shoot before many people get the chance to talk to one another, and that would not be good for us.
I'm sorry if my first 2 posts seem low effort, but it's there to remind people to not be rash.
ya i really don't like how your constantly trying to disconnect yourself there :tired:

ya just saying how not to be an obvious mafia member out loud, thats not helping at all, and the reminiders ya giving are just to remind that they came out of your mouth

ya still my number one person to remove

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

and also this is still mafia dude, actually give a damn reason to shoot someone :V, i gave my reason to shoot fire cause i think his two first posts are scum trying to bluff its way to not get shot by pretending to be proactive duitify town

ya i really don't like how your constantly trying to disconnect yourself there :tired:

ya just saying how not to be an obvious mafia member out loud, thats not helping at all, and the reminiders ya giving are just to remind that they came out of your mouth

It's RVS. Why does it matter who I vote for? I don't think you're actually understanding what I'm saying.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Well agree to disagree then. If I appear to be the most suspicious to be shot by Holder later, all it would do is that I would become the next gunbearer then. So in all honesty, I wouldn't mind if I'm picked as a target it would be fun to get the chance to be one of the gunbearers. So if nothing much changes or most people appear more town than me, go ahead.

Though as stated its best to make connections while everyone is alive.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
nope, not one bit at all :V

i don't even know what rvs means
Random Voting Stage
Just means you throw a vote on someone early in the game to try and get the person to talk more or gauge their reaction. I did it before with the vote on Opo, but since he's contributing, I'll take it off.

UNVOTE

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oh

also why the hell are ya uh....unvoting and bolding?

our votes don't matter why take it seriously :V

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Random number generator told me to shoot number 9, which would be FireEmblemnier.

Random has never let me down before.

Otherwise I recommend shooting Pokechu based one past game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Nice to meet everyone I haven’t played with before which I believe is everyone except Ryu and maven(and maybe fire emblemnier, the name sounds familiar but I might be mixing it up with someone else)

Tomorrow’s a bit busy for me but after the holiday is over I’ll be much more active.

Natz~ Natz~ should I be worried about pokechu?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I think we can rule out them not knowing Holder well enough. Giraffe's the only player here who hasn't played with him and even if he's mafia he'll have a team that does know Holder. Does Holder have any bad blood with anybody on the player list?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Random number generator told me to shoot number 9, which would be FireEmblemnier.

random number generator agrees with me lul
Nice to meet everyone I haven’t played with before which I believe is everyone except Ryu and maven(and maybe fire emblemnier, the name sounds familiar but I might be mixing it up with someone else)

Tomorrow’s a bit busy for me but after the holiday is over I’ll be much more active.

Natz~ Natz~ should I be worried about pokechu?
honestly shimachus a wild card :V

they often act funny naturally which makes many suspect him, but it also good cover when he is scum cause he the exact same

many often are worried about him but it's usually misses cause of standard behavior
I think we can rule out them not knowing Holder well enough. Giraffe's the only player here who hasn't played with him and even if he's mafia he'll have a team that does know Holder. Does Holder have any bad blood with anybody on the player list?
uuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm.....nope

worst is shish and that's notbad blood just mutalism

if its not unknown nor grudge then leaves three options!

1. they thought holder would be most likely to**** up, like i said before dude can be rash and murderous, just happens to do good knowing what hes doing:V

2. theygave him the gun cause he asked for it :V he was the first to ask and so like there they go possibly?

3. just pure randomness and expected us to overthink tgings :V

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I'm suspicious of this post cause its a good way to wagon someone without being involved. As you can fall back on saying it was random. When its likely that a scum ryu would see Natz suspicion of me and want to push me without having himself as really accountable if I come up town. It's opportunistic. Even then, I don't like the use of RNG in this situation, as town we want to have reasonings for our decisions, not let scum have an advantage by relying on randomness.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I will say there's merit in the idea that Holder was picked as the gunner randomly. Not just to **** with us like Natz said, but it also leaves the scum team pretty much unaccountable when it comes to determining why Holder has the gun.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lots of folks still haven't checked in yet, it seems. Something to note.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
indeed :V
but considering this game actually required before starting participation maybe those who haven't actually showed up to say something are in a better defense?

or maybe its just standard precription of like staying out to wait to get in to make up a alibi :V

i do't know, either way

Maven89 Maven89
@Shishœ
Pokechu Pokechu
games begun dudes :V

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Maybe they gave Holder the gun because they thought he might be dangerous to them, and would be well placed to sniff them out somehow based on knowing them well or something. So they gave him the gun first in order to get him out early, when there's the highest chance of him hitting town.

Though I kind of lean more towards the idea that he was just picked at random, really.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe they gave Holder the gun because they thought he might be dangerous to them, and would be well placed to sniff them out somehow based on knowing them well or something. So they gave him the gun first in order to get him out early, when there's the highest chance of him hitting town.

Though I kind of lean more towards the idea that he was just picked at random, really.
This seems the most likely to me. They see him as a threat and are banking on a misfire when a misfire is at its most likely.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
hm...hm...idea though, if they did precieve holder as such a big threat...then wouldn't it been best to try and not worry for him to ever get the gun itself?

cause if things go perfectly for the mafia, there would only be 3 gun bearers, thats less than the town

its kidna counter inductive cause if they play their cards right and frame peeps they don't have to ever worry about holder having a gun at a more valuable time, why cut through all that and give him the gun right away?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
hm...hm...idea though, if they did precieve holder as such a big threat...then wouldn't it been best to try and not worry for him to ever get the gun itself?

cause if things go perfectly for the mafia, there would only be 3 gun bearers, thats less than the town

its kidna counter inductive cause if they play their cards right and frame peeps they don't have to ever worry about holder having a gun at a more valuable time, why cut through all that and give him the gun right away?
Their worry isn't necessarily Holder having the gun. It's Holder being alive.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
though that actually does give kattakatt an idea now

i still lean towards more the holder was given the gun cause he asked/complete random theories, but if that is true FingerofSuspicion: Pokechu

i do recall specifically he sees holder as a dangerous threat, and if that theory is true he would be a quite big ole suspect

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

I really like your first point.

I'm leaning against the idea of the mafia picking the gunholder at random, it's the only choice they really get to make all game so I assume they would at least want some agency in it, but also trying to use who they pick the gun to as a way to determine who the mafia is really seems like wifom.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
indeed :V
but considering this game actually required before starting participation maybe those who haven't actually showed up to say something are in a better defense?

or maybe its just standard precription of like staying out to wait to get in to make up a alibi :V

i do't know, either way

Maven89 Maven89
@Shishœ
Pokechu Pokechu
games begun dudes :V
ayyyy

I thought I checked in at the start of the game? If not, my bad! :^(

I've had a lotta work to do this weekend so that's why I haven't been very active, once the weekday starts I think I'll be popping in more (no pun intended LOL)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
though that actually does give kattakatt an idea now

i still lean towards more the holder was given the gun cause he asked/complete random theories, but if that is true FingerofSuspicion: Pokechu

i do recall specifically he sees holder as a dangerous threat, and if that theory is true he would be a quite big ole suspect
I'm curious though, I'm not sure I follow this logic, could you explain this a bit? I do believe Holder's a really good player, but because I see him as a threat, why would I trust him with a gun? :confused:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
ayyyy

I thought I checked in at the start of the game? If not, my bad! :^(

I've had a lotta work to do this weekend so that's why I haven't been very active, once the weekday starts I think I'll be popping in more (no pun intended LOL)
nah ya did lol

i missed it wehn i made that post katts bad sorry ^-^"
I'm curious though, I'm not sure I follow this logic, could you explain this a bit? I do believe Holder's a really good player, but because I see him as a threat, why would I trust him with a gun? :confused:
i had the same question till they explaine that its an attempt to remove holder out of the game :V

i see merit in that though i'm still leaning the randomness :tired:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i had the same question till they explaine that its an attempt to remove holder out of the game :V

i see merit in that though i'm still leaning the randomness :tired:
Hummm, I don't see the mafia picking randomly, as someone else mentioned this is like the only choice they can make since there's no nightkills, lynches, or abilities. I definitely think it makes the most sense to pick for a reason (well DUH LOL), so I lean towards Holder being given it to get him out.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hummm, I don't see the mafia picking randomly, as someone else mentioned this is like the only choice they can make since there's no nightkills, lynches, or abilities. I definitely think it makes the most sense to pick for a reason (well DUH LOL), so I lean towards Holder being given it to get him out.
then my pick for that of level of suspicion is ya and fire :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also just saw this

Woooow :/

I thought one game of wanting my head on a pike would've been enough for you :(

I place my Unofficial Official Vote on Red Rover out of pure pettiness and spite!! LOL

VOTE RED RYU

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
then my pick for that of level of suspicion is ya and fire :V
Awwwww I've only made like five posts in the thread!!! LOL RIP

You said Fire because his first two posts seemed fake to you, right? I'm curious, why me? :confused:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Awwwww I've only made like five posts in the thread!!! LOL RIP

You said Fire because his first two posts seemed fake to you, right? I'm curious, why me? :confused:
cause if holder isn't a random choice and the intent was to remove him from the game through a misfire as earliest as possible, it'll have to be peeps who are worried dude is dangerous, i remember ya telling fire in the got pm that ya think holder is a dangerous dude to be against, so if the mafia buddies entertain that idea that makes suspicion as ya are one of ht emain peeps who comes to mind that ya would vote on up holder

but ya fire got more evidence, especially as he was also part there so he could take that on knowledge as well :V so i'm still main vote on fire, ya just get pointer finger -point- -point- -point-

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
cause if holder isn't a random choice and the intent was to remove him from the game through a misfire as earliest as possible, it'll have to be peeps who are worried dude is dangerous, i remember ya telling fire in the got pm that ya think holder is a dangerous dude to be against, so if the mafia buddies entertain that idea that makes suspicion as ya are one of ht emain peeps who comes to mind that ya would vote on up holder

but ya fire got more evidence, especially as he was also part there so he could take that on knowledge as well :V so i'm still main vote on fire, ya just get pointer finger -point- -point- -point-
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That makes a lot of sense!!!!! That connection makes sense!!! Ty ty!!

I personally don't think Fire's first two posts seemed fake, they seem in-character from what I've seen and remember in GoT and Mario Mafia. Two games with someone isn't really enough to make a sound judgement, but I'll still have faith that my GoT buddy isn't conspiring to kill me this game, LOL

I just realized though, since I've made five posts in the thread since the game started that means I've made five times as many as Maven and Shish because they've made NONE!!!!! >:^)

I'm on a ROLL!!!!

D

Deleted member

My bad, have been mostly busy for the entire weekend.
Anyways, it's clear the thought process would be to give the gun to the player most likely to make accurate reads late game. Unless Holder hits bingo, he's gone. And my bet is that someone who's played for a long time with him would make that call.

Unofficial Vote: Opossum

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I just realized though, since I've made five posts in the thread since the game started that means I've made five times as many as Maven and Shish because they've made NONE!!!!! >:^)
Five times zero is zero. So your posts don't count, clearly.
Shoot this guy and just get it over with already
:p

Top Bottom