• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pop gun cancel uses

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Pop gun cancelling is great and it is often never used to its full potential. It is mainly used for mind games and for shielding if your opponent starts to get too close to you but it adds so many more options to Diddy's game. In my opinion, this is one of diddy's best and most underused techs. Below, I am going to write a list of all of the things you can do out of a PGC(all of these require a shield to be canceled obviously) .

Grounded PGC(Without having to shield drop):

1. Grounded PGC to grab (self explanatory)

2. Grounded PGC to shield (self explanatory)

3. Grounded PGC to all aerials (jump OOS right after you cancel your pop gun)

4. Grounded PGC to U smash (you need to do a jump cancelled U smash)

5. Grounded PGC to jump (self explanatory)

6. Grounded PGC to sidestep (self explanatory)

7. Grounded PGC to banana throw (you also have the option of glide tossing)

Aerial PGC(instant cancel, no charge):

1. Aerial PGC to all aerials (self explanatory)

2. Aerial PGC to banana throw (self explanatory)

3. Aerial PGC to air dodge (self explanatory)

4. Aerial PGC to jump (self explanatory)

Aerial PGC(While holding banana, partially charged. All of these will require you to use the Z drop)

1. Aerial PGC to jump (banana can be caught again as it will be above you)

2. Aerial PGC to all aerials(can be combined with #1.)

3. Aerial PGC "to broken drop" (Z and A at the same time)

These all all of the ones I can think of for now. If you have more tell me and I'll post them up. Also if you have any trouble or don't understand, just tell me and I will help you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
dumb thread is dumb. Seriously, why would you want to CANCEL shooting a peanut? All of Diddy's metagame should be shooting MORE peanuts.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Aerial reverse peanut popgun cancel > banana pull

I tend to do this while recovering (out of habit). Doesn't really do much except it might get bananas on stage if you're close enough.

Wavebounce peanut popgun cancel > fair

Flashy stuff. You could probably use it for spacing or mindgames or something.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Aerial reverse peanut popgun cancel > banana pull

I tend to do this while recovering (out of habit). Doesn't really do much except it might get bananas on stage if you're close enough.
Be careful about this, because characters like metaknight or DDD can easily punish you.

It's only generally safe against snake.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
ADHD, nobody's gonna listen to you, you noob.

Now, Gnes? I'd listen to him in a heartbeat.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Gnes has helped me overcome 2 of my worst MUs so far, gnes doesn't completely suk anymore like that scrub ADHD who I 2 stocked on skyworld over wifi

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
i gave him a pity stock and sded
You're a wifi johner lolololol

PGC is legit. Works for Diddy like snake's nades work for him in the air, fakes people out, etc etc you all know this stuff more than I do for the monkey. I'm picking him up though and it's coming along pretty good.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah? Well you're ****ing epach is ****ing terrible you litle ***** you suck, go win a tournemtn scruboh wwait you cant because you main that little ****ing ***** of a character peach laolawoawlawoalwaowlawolawoawl

Player-1

Smash Legend
PGC? It sucks, why would you want to cancel diddy's best move? youre suppose to shoot as many as possible and not stop no matter what

Player-1

Smash Legend
the protein is too much for their cells to handle so the cell take it in and then they burst because there's too much there for them to take making their innards blow up and on functional anymore and then there heart slowly begins to stop and you just hear a whisper from your opponent, "Why....father?" and then Diddy walks up to him slowly and aims it straight at his face and pulls the trigger.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
the protein is too much for their cells to handle so the cell take it in and then they burst because there's too much there for them to take making their innards blow up and on functional anymore and then there heart slowly begins to stop and you just hear a whisper from your opponent, "Why....father?" and then Diddy walks up to him slowly and aims it straight at his face and pulls the trigger.
this was an excellent read

Kantrip

Kantplay
P-1 speaks the truth. The protein overrides the potassium, after all.

Also, I use popgun cancelling for when I want to do a Fsmash holding a banana, I can hold down L (Set to attack) when I popgun, cancel it and SMASH

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lack of potassium causes severe wrist problems...just so u know.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Holy crap if you can't picture holding B and then pressing Shield without a video you are ********
one of the many posts i approve of in this board.

you are but ONE step away from joining the :190: society

Bartolon

Smash Lord
While your holding the banana, popgun reverse (in the air) and then you can throw the nana for example.
It's a good mixup.

Don't mind me if someone already said this.

Top Bottom