• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have tried, my friend. It's too aggravating to me. :cool:

Anyway, you all might as well throw me on the skype group, too.

The name on there is ziozyrr.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when people say things like underrated and overrated, it really doesn't matter :)

they just are. they just BE! people rating things doesn't matter :D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You know, I sar here for the longest time on Skype trying to figure out who the **** is bren and why does it sound familiar.

Well, I figured it out. Part of why I am posting here.

Also, class is moving into colors. Awesome for drawing. Terrible for design. Design class is not fun. NOT FUN. :mad:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, for me it is hard to know what constitutes good design. i mean, design class teaches some rules that help and some that are essential to know... however i think it tends to do better in showing us BAD DESIGN rather than teaching good design

i guess that is ok? lol

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's just how particular the instructor is being. Precise cuts, no sign of brush strokes, the right measurements, when using pencil for values there can be no sign of lines and streaking. Craft.

If at all you mess up in the slightest, well, you're ****ed, go do it again or get an F.

I mean, WORD? It's aggravating to me. Cause i get why they're doing it, but to place so much emphasis on craft, and never speak on composition, but then grade harshly on THAT too. :I

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Why would you hate drawing? D: It should be fun, not hard. Try to forget the "contest" aspect for a second and just focus on creating your idea of what a 'monster' is. I thought this would be one of the easier prompts to jump into, but you couldn't tell by the number of entries so far lol. Kind of a shame to pass up a good prompt like this.

You've still got 10 days to work on it which is plenty of time. I imagine we'll see more activity in AWYP next week closer to the deadline though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea i forgot about it again LOL

i'll really try to participate though. gotta think of something. i'll brainstorm a bit today after class

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Here's a new drawing, to practise colouring with depth:

Black Widow from Capcom's slammasters games

:phone:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It does lack its depth :p, looks like it's floating on another plane
not sure if you want more critique but his fingers are short!

Geist

Smash Master
Here's a new drawing, to practise colouring with depth:

Black Widow from Capcom's slammasters games

Not bad, color is nasty to work with, especially when establishing depth.
It looks to me like you were using a single hue and changing the tint and shades only in the spectrum of black and white. That's actually one of the first traps for flat art.

No color exists in complete isolation. Other colors reflect and change the colors that they surround, as well as a bunch of other wacky things.
To fix this problem, I work with layer types and opacity when I paint. I establish a bg color first that I think will nicely complement your color scheme. When you paint overtop of this with colors, keep in mind your darks and highlights and use this bg color to your advantage to mix and blend these colors.
Here's a good example of mine to show.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/343/9/8/the_crimson_king_by_uninfinitum-d4imji3.jpg
I started with a beige bg, and used that color (that was relatively brighter than the red of his cloak) to blend with the highlights. Then, using a purple that complemented the beige, I manually painted in the darks. If I had just simply painted with a darker red and a lighter red this would have lost depth. Even as a speed painting there is a decent sense of atmosphere that comes from the colors.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

A little something I've been working on. A couple of creatures found in it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Found old sketchbooks
Nostalgiaaaaa
Started drawing anime/cartoons again to give myself a break from srs bsns.....natural transition to the whimsy. I still got it x3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
finally been implementing stuff i'm learning from more figure drawing classes into my original anime-ish looking stuff

made a breakthrough today by blocking in with the side of my pencil before going for lines. makes me feel much less restricted when it comes to drawing over the sketch

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yaaaaay Chok!!!!
That's great news :)
And don't ever fully get rid of anime stuff (unless you stop liking it I mean. Even then....commissions are good for spontaneous moneys)....keep it on a back shelf in your mind. It's always good to have a bunch of stuff on in your repertoire so you can be well rounded :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahah well I mean my style will always be my style! I have never really done a legit commission, believe it or not

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Good :3

: o Wows!
Commissions are fun....but they are also work.

Speaking of commissions....I have some super desu pieces to upload in a few days after a local anime convention. Did some art for a project, but I'm going to wait for the boss man to upload stuff to his site first o 3o

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Jungle: Summoned by Desu.

Man, that's like a summon from a video game.

Just say Desu and BAM. Jungle has been summoned. FOR BATTLE.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
you didnt miss much

i'll be streaming tonight probs
if people should interest i'll use mic

.....or skype chat.
XD

Top Bottom