• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Innate ideas. Zajice, you're so cool.

Long time no see peeps. This life drawing class has been kicking my ***! I'm getting a grasp of the figure now, but still suuuuper suck. Excited to see where I'm at by the end of the year. Here's some recent PG sketches.

[COLLAPSE=Sketches]

[/COLLAPSE]

Neous, I'd like to thank you in particular. Seeing you post amazing stuff everyday is pretty motivational. I see how much time and effort good work really takes, and the type of dedication you have is inspirational. I'm catching up bro, right on them heels. :teeth:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're looking pretty darn good so far. If you can do that now, end of the year'll be easy.

I took my life drawing class last year. We had the same model throughout the whole thing. Kinda disappointing.

I already had a decent grasp of the figure, and was there mostly to practice strange perspectives. The thing that killed me most while doing it was trying not to "idealize" the model, as she wasn't exactly perfect.

I still have all the sketches in my car's trunk. Maybe I'll dig through em later.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i try to find the most interesting features of each model

everyone has something interesting about them!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
In preperation for Ultimate MvC3 coming out I am working on a Nova piece. Just started looking into him as I loved his costume, and I am hooked to his comics. Not trying anything too over the top ( strange angles, etc. ) just focusing A LOT of nice looking anatomy and trying to really flex my abilities to render/shade. I am, however, thinking that I am going to do a spider man piece after, so I am really trying to push further on my sketchbook on foreshortening and really topsy turvy views, angles, etc.

Sorry i havent updated my blog, as i have still been going through recovering ON TOP of work and school ( and mvc3 ). Hope to show something soon ♥♥♥

Geist

Smash Master
Long time no see peeps. This life drawing class has been kicking my ***! I'm getting a grasp of the figure now, but still suuuuper suck. Excited to see where I'm at by the end of the year. Here's some recent PG sketches.

[COLLAPSE=Sketches]

[/COLLAPSE]
At first life drawing is really hard, don't worry about it. When started I was completely lost. I was like how the hell am I supposed to draw people in 30 seconds wtf? But I just recently passed my final life drawing class with 100%, so it's not as hard as it seems at first.
For some people
But assuming you have a good teacher/ models, you'll get better in no time.
I can also throw advice your way, but I'll probably be a little more critical than I usually am, because it'll help you more that way.

How long did the sketches you posted take?
I assume you do 30 sec. - 1 minute drawings in your class right? Do you mind posting those? I'm interested to see where your process starts.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
We varied in my class. Sometimes it was 20 sketches, each pose for 1 minute. Other times it was 1 sketch with a 20 minute pose.

And sometimes it was even 1 pose for 3 hours.

Alley Cat

Smash Apprentice
lol 3 hour poses teach you nothing
it's all about them 30 second poses for 4 hours straight
yeah boii

Hey meno those drawings look way better than my first life drawing sketches fyi ...-_-;

neous

Smash Journeyman
"Neous, I'd like to thank you in particular.
Seeing you post amazing stuff everyday is pretty motivational.
I see how much time and effort good work really takes,
and the type of dedication you have is inspirational.
I'm catching up bro, right on them heels."

lolwut meno, made lol so i'd like to thank you back - like circular
to post to stuff everyday is ok, but i get schooled by these real pros - so educational
time is something i need, when i proceed to improve on my second takes
and we all inspire here, so dont single me out, spread it like butter or, broadcast it like national
you've already surpassed me so u know how it feels
[feels fly, like erik in CHIPS, feathers ruffle in the wind like :corneria: ]

/end this corny section / area
i cant even tell if you're serious. :D

edit:
hate when i start a new page...

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking about posting Pokemon drawings that I made when I was little. They're pretty hilarious to see now.

There's a lot, so I'm not sure if I should just make a new thread or not. Maybe other people have Pokemon drawings they saved as a child?

Geist

Smash Master
Post em here lol
I kinda want to see. I don't have any old drawings from when I was a kid, but then again, I don't keep any of my stuff now either.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm thinking about posting Pokemon drawings that I made when I was little. They're pretty hilarious to see now.

There's a lot, so I'm not sure if I should just make a new thread or not. Maybe other people have Pokemon drawings they saved as a child?
Old drawings are the best, I'd love to see those. I think everyone here has at least a notebook full of Pokemon scribbles, whether they admit it or not :awesome: Posting them here is fine.

The lack of a Gustave masterpiece in this thread makes me sad though.

D

Deleted member

Old drawings are the best, I'd love to see those. I think everyone here has at least a notebook full of Pokemon scribbles, whether they admit it or not :awesome: Posting them here is fine.

The lack of a Gustave masterpiece in this thread makes me sad though.
Alright, I'll probably post some up in a few days.

Warning: They're not to be taken seriously, as they were drawn when I was a kid. I have no artistic talent, so....yeah, they're pretty hilarious.

A_man13

Smash Master
Nice work, Gustave! As the original creator of the ambicutor sprite (and no, I am not pulling anyone's leg. The original is in my photo bucket account), I must admit I am impressed. :D

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Nice work, Gustave! As the original creator of the ambicutor sprite (and no, I am not pulling anyone's leg. The original is in my photo bucket account), I must admit I am impressed. :D
A_man where in the world have you been?

It's been ages since you've posted in the AE.

A_man13

Smash Master
Am I speaking to... The Creator??
Yes in one sense, no in another.

@Neon: This wonderful institution we call school has been keeping me busy. Between that and a transition to college I hardly have time to post in any of the boards let alone this one. The primary reason I'm back is because apparently my college apparently has a Smash Bros. club that a couple of my friends invited me to and one of their links sent me back to Smashboards. While I was looking around, I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Geist

Smash Master
So a bunch of friends here at school and I have decided to make a pretty extensive additional weapons and armor mod pack for Skyrim and use it in our demo reels. We're also thinking of adding possible environment, accessories, and character mods, etc.
Once we get it off the ground I'll post some of the concept work we're drawing. Exciting stufff

I can't wait for skyrim though, seriously. I wish october would go away this year so november could be like hay guiz skyrim lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Woah, sounds legit Bren. Good luck!

8am perspective class tomorrow morning. And then Composition and Language II right after. Yeeeeyyy....
Fall quarter f yeah Dx

Geist

Smash Master
They're on the way apparently. We didn't have a camera so we used our friend's.
I didn't paint one all to myself, I was more or less the supervisor lmao

Geist

Smash Master
So I might be getting a job as a concept artist. Details later
Also it feels good when the dude who designed sentinel prime likes your stuff

Double post for hype

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah
If the job is available for part time, I'll most likely be taking it. If I get it I'll be designing stuff for a mech warrior mmo C:
I need to draw some mech stuff real fast, because I don't have any at hand that's still relevant

EDIT: also, for the aforementioned skyrim mod I'll be drawing out character concepts, making sure to save iterations for a step-by-step with descriptions for anyone who is curious how I draw stuff.
:]

Top Bottom