• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I like Poo, but I doubt they'll kick Ness. I figured Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Lucario, and maybe Toon Link would be kicked first. Just got a feeling :(

I think Poo gets the least love out of all the EB characters.

Geist

Smash Master
If Lucario is replaced It'll probably be with this pokemon.

I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo will be pushing this one down our throats as much as Mewtwo or Lucario.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Is that a grown up Sneasel?

Neon... catch up with this century. Change to 40 posts per page.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I suppose I'll go take a look at that comic thread, now that I finished the AESA drawing.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah it's Zoroark, however they pronounce that. I think its confirmed to be in one of those awful movies.

Smashboards is so sloooooooooooooow today

Neon Ness

Is that a grown up Sneasel?

Neon... catch up with this century. Change to 40 posts per page.
40 ppp is lame. Also, you didn't post in purple so I might leave a present in your inbox later.

blowtoes mad salty right now. Even though he's right lol.

Oh well, even if the 5th gen Pokemon look kind of mreh I'm still willing to give the game a shot. I wasn't disappointed by Sapphire or Diamond.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Which purple?

You have to be more specific.

Unless you wanted to give us a choice.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
40 ppp is lame. Also, you didn't post in purple so I might leave a present in your inbox later.

blowtoes mad salty right now. Even though he's right lol.

Oh well, even if the 5th gen Pokemon look kind of mreh I'm still willing to give the game a shot. I wasn't disappointed by Sapphire or Diamond.
Sapphire, well thats an old game.

Neon Ness

You have to be more specific.
That one. Dat ZIO purple.

Sapphire, well thats an old game.
I know that. I was saying I wasn't disappointed by the last 2 generations.

Not that Gold/Silver/Crystal were exceptionally bad. But doing Johto and then Kanto was a little bit gimmicky in terms of artificially extending gameplay.

And 2nd gen had, to me, quite a few Pokemon that just make you wanna shake your head.

Geist

Smash Master
I've always liked the games. I used to do it pseudo competitively but there are so many specific hard counters for other very specific things that you start to need specific party combinations etc it all gets really bleh.
Still hyped.

Playing Kanto in G/S/C was legit.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Really? I like this one more. :(

Y U MAD AT DUNSPARCE, THO. And as far as Pokemon that make you shake your head, never forget Luvdisc. And several others that I can't remember right now.

Neon Ness

Pachirisu was legit for like a second, but then I realized electric rodent had been done already. I still like it for some reason. Luvdisc is pretty bad, I'll give you that. Tauros is just uninspired.

4th gen had less migraine inducing Pokemon than I first thought it would, it actually has some really good ones in my opinion.

I'm starting to think each newer generation has too many 'legendaries' now though. 1st gen only had 5, the 3 birds and Mew/Mewtwo. But now there's like Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Cresselia, Heatran, Palkia, Dialga, Manaphy, Phione, Giratina, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus... Way too many legendaries lol. They need to cut back this gen.

Geist

Smash Master
^^^ you know they won't lol

I still don't know if I really like the new generation's style or if I completely hate it.
I think 4th gen concentrated too much on petty detail when designing instead of sticking more with form, like the 1st gen.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
OK, nevermind, you said Tauros.

What were we talking about before Pokemon?

Oh yeah. They're actually going to replace Ness with Paula.

Neon Ness

Read my posts before posting :mad:

Whatever we were talking about probably wasn't important. I think I'ma make the OP Pokemon themed.

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Don't do that. Unless you do Route 203/204 (day or night).

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Minor modding for the project, I intend to have the selectable characters alter their costumes in some way at least once. Cuz' I really want to use the various designs

Also Onox:

Also, just placed an order for a tablet. Oh yeah.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Joeadok, your models are really cool! Do you mind if i ask ya questions if i need help with 3D stuffs?

Neon Ness

Back to pokemon, the worst pokemon ever was Jynx, I mean really that was just the worst first gen pokemon. Oh, actually ever.
Only because it was so racist.

Daaang it's Onox from Oracle of Seasons, that game was beast. Definitely better than Oracle of Ages. He was sort of easy as a boss though.

If I could find that game I'd replay it in a heartbeat. It's gotta be under the pile of junk in my closet somewhere, I think I'll look for it this week. Now I really want to play it lol.

kLub

Smash Rookie
understand* and woops i didn't mean too press post.. but yeah.. is this where we post random pictures of art?

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
It's a general thread, you can talk about anything and post your art, but you can also make a thread for that too.

Here's some spriting I did yesterday after browsing Fighters Generation:

Neon Ness

It's a general thread, you can talk about anything and post your art, but you can also make a thread for that too.
Hold on, now. If it's just like a single sketch or something random like that you wanted to show off it can go here.

If it's something you've been working and want advice on how to make better then it can go there: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235725

If you want to make a new thread it should probably be more like a gallery sort of thing, where you have a bunch of things to show off. Just trying to keep this place organized. But yeah, this thread is for general discussion of pretty much whatever.

I can't believe you people like Oracle of Ages better D:<

@Athena: Korean pop music is forbidden.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's always a good idea to draw in something other than cartoons. Many people frown on anime, which is sad, but it's probably because it's so over done. My style is very anime-esque, but I didn't start that way.

I feel maybe a self portrait of myself is in order.

:D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It's always a good idea to draw in something other than cartoons. Many people frown on anime, which is sad, but it's probably because it's so over done. My style is very anime-esque, but I didn't start that way.

I feel maybe a self portrait of myself is in order.

:D
DO IT! Self portraits are stressful...but soooo fun
And it's easier to scrutinize details and be a perfectionist since you know yourself better than anyone else xD

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, well, last time I did a self portrait, I took an interesting twist to it.

I'll try to get that one up here, but it's big as hell.

EDIT - wish I could give a crit to your portrait, but there's not much I can say, lolz. But if you look anything like your pic, you cute.

*cough*

Just drop the size of the eyes, and you should be good.

Neon Ness

To me it's not so much that the eyes are too big, they just look more like ovals than perfect circles which makes them slightly cartoony (not a bad thing). But man that whole drawing is amazing, the lighting, hair texture, shadows and everything look great. Only thing is the angle of the nose looks slightly off, like it's turned too far to the right, but I could be wrong since I've never seen you in person after all.

I think our goal this week should be to make/post self-portraits lol. It would be pretty fun, I don't draw myself very often.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Thanks for the comments guise x3
I think i'll fix the eyes...later. Procrastination is my strong suit.

Thas a good idea!! Like an artistic version of a 'Post Your Pics' thread xD

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Self portraits sound pretty fun. :) What do you think about posting the finished portraits in the OP like some character social threads have?

Top Bottom