• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Thanks Today and Lokii. I think what I need is more practice and studying, cause I don't draw too often. I need to get off this computer first though... xD

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I completely ****ing agree.

I'm on this computer far too much and draw far too little.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
We should have a celebration for Virg becoming an admin :D
Lol we should. This calls for some kind of cake. Silver names are pretty slick, though.

Sometimes when I have the art block I go to deviantArt to browse. But recently when I go to the site I get some sorta virus. :l

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Since we're posting pictures, here's something I've had in progress for a while ~

I sorta not sure how to make a destroyed city. This is what i did without reference. I'll include the side walk at some point.
hey Zio, worked on this lately?

I'd love to see any updates you've made to it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've been having the classic summer lazy days.

Other than working, I haven't made progress on anything.

But I may finally be getting out of that soon. I might make some progress on that, now that you've brought it up.
:laugh:

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I've been having the classic summer lazy days.
I hate days like that. You're like "I 'll draw this thing tomorrow morning", and in the morning you're like "meh".

Anyway I was asked to draw something for a friend, a Nintendo/Left4Dead type thing and I felt I should ask for character selection advice :) I'm trying to go with a Distress Damsel who isn't from Mario or Zelda. Help plz?

Roles:
Leader Guy: Mike Jones
Distress Damsel: ???
Action Girl: Katt Monroe
Jerktop: Waluigi

Neon Ness

Mike Jones the rapper?

Do you even need a damsel in distress character? There really isn't one of those in the L4D series. I think you should replace that with a loud wise cracking black man like Coach.

Nintendo doesn't have one of those other though. Lol.

Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy is sort of a damsel. I can see her with a crowbar mowing down the undead.

Frown

poekmon
I... have a small request. But it's secret. I need someone to help me draw a very small (100x100) picture of a face, only black and white and with no complex shades. Very simple.

If you are up for it, let me know and I'll give you further instructions.

Geist

Smash Master
I... have a small request. But it's secret. I need someone to help me draw a very small (100x100) picture of a face, only black and white and with no complex shades. Very simple.

If you are up for it, let me know and I'll give you further instructions.
I can do that

nvmd i'll just message you lol

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Guys, I'm making myself a new avatar.

I need suggestions on how to color it. Cell shaded? Gradient? Soft? Realistic? Any other suggestions would be helpful too :D

matt4300

Smash Ace
lol no... I just hadnt drawn in to long... and it became mario... Then I crowded it lol.

**** I can't get the **** thing to show up.

Ganondorfs most evil plan yet! ACHOHALISM!!! (just cause i can...)

matt4300

Smash Ace
Some Fox doodles... Foxs fans may get a kick out of this stuff.

Was trying to learn how to draw him so its pretty messy.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Hey people been, working on BSSB. Just wanted an opinion on this visage since I got the hair kind of going.

Does this resemble Otacon to you? It's meant to be a mgs2/mgs4 combo

Some Fox doodles... Foxs fans may get a kick out of this stuff.

Was trying to learn how to draw him so its pretty messy.
Those foxes are pretty spot on, the dashing one is cool, though the on the bottom right has a weird head/neck thing going on.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Hey people been, working on BSSB. Just wanted an opinion on this visage since I got the hair kind of going.

Those foxes are pretty spot on, the dashing one is cool, though the on the bottom right has a weird head/neck thing going on.
Hell yes! Looks just like him. First thing that came to mind, and totally sweet...

Yeh... foxes neck is a weird *** stretchy thing. I think its to long and needs less chin in that one though.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
What i've been up to as of late...

I've been trying out a more painterly style for digital art lately.

Im having a lot of fun xD it's so different from my usual cel/brushy combo, and its all done on 1 layer instead of like...30

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/147/9/8/The_Thief_by_pyromaniac_chaos.png
And i think ima color that one with markers...once i get my markers outta my car. that could take days. xD The leg looks soooo weirddddd. But im lazy so im not gonna fix it.

Also, game concept writing and mini character sketches.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sorry I'm so curious. I love this picture...is there a Japanese symbol in it? Maybe my mind is tricking me.

This is amazing. It looks just like him. I love seeing your work.

What i've been up to as of late...

I've been trying out a more painterly style for digital art lately.

Im having a lot of fun xD it's so different from my usual cel/brushy combo, and its all done on 1 layer instead of like...30
It's such a soft style. Nice work. :)

---

I need to come in this thread more often, i really do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wanna post here more since i am in fact an animation major but havent done much to showcase my art lately

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Animation . . .

Do you know how to animate a battle? I've been trying what I can in PENCIL, but, like, I don't know methods or tricks an animator would use to go about doing that.

There's also the annoying having the song play from the beginning of the animation, but not at any other point. So in order to animate in tune with the music, I have to go all the way back to the beginning, play to where I have finished, then guess. <_>

Neon Ness

Sorry I'm so curious. I love this picture...is there a Japanese symbol in it? Maybe my mind is tricking me.
Yeah, I think that's the kanji for 'fire' on the left of Mario. Matt that thing is awesome. Lokii, is your 2nd image ABA from Guilty Gear?

Man, everyone's posting such good stuff. I gotta see if I have anything worthwhile to show... >:/

matt4300

Smash Ace
Lol, yeh thats the kanji for FIRE... Marios pointing at it with his thumb like "**** yeh, you know what I'm all about *******!"

Neon Ness

Lol too good. Was that done with a tablet? I gotta get one of those.

That style reminds me of Mario Strikers which makes me sad cuz I lost my copy a while ago.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Lol too good. Was that done with a tablet? I gotta get one of those.

That style reminds me of Mario Strikers which makes me sad cuz I lost my copy a while ago.
Yep, tablet.

@lokii- Isen't it fun to just paint loose, and add some color depth? I get sick of the flat colors of anime, and such sometimes.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Here's an old drawing a coloured up recently.

I haven't drawn any thing new in such a long time.

kLub

Smash Rookie
pretty cool, hey, do you think you could help me with that?? im trying too find out how too post my images like yours onto a new post could you tell me how??

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Matt sucks...JK you know Im pickin.

Thanks for letting me play with your tablet. Seeing what you can do on it gives me hope for myself, lol.

Maybe you could do an abstract piece and show me what it looks like done on a tablet. I'd love to see something like that.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
It's the cutest little Oni around! SUIKA IBUKI~ <3 my fave touhou character.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8886/suikakick.png
Did I ever mention that you're good? Cuz you are.

Also, I wanted to try a pseudo SSBBDojo pic at least with all the characters that I'm making for BSSB.
So here's MIKE JONE (Bonus Points if you've played any of his games)

Allegedly he was considered for Brawl, but didn't make the make the cut.
Also tried to make him look kind of cartoony since his games were made for America.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I tried to play Starttropics. I have both the 1st and Zoda's revenge.

Eventually I'll get to playing them.

Top Bottom