• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
That pony is adorable Loli. *__* I'm not a fan of the series either but I would take that little horse home. I'm curious, how did you do its cutie mark? (that's what it's called right? xD)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeh the cutie mark xD I actually hand paint all the details ^_^ like the eyes and cutie mark :3 I'm not the best with sewing but I like to think I make up for it with my painting xD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeh haha most people either use iron-on transfers or embroidery which is the most common. I'm not the best with embroidery yet tho :-p Since my level of sewing is novice xD

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
O' salutations swamis of the 'shop. I seek your help though I did not know if I was allowed to make a public inquiry so I came here. I ask that you aid me with a photo. If possible, 'o sultans of the save photo as, I ask if you can enlarge this photo a bit more and paint the gray section of the outer circle black. Here is the photo:

Geist

Smash Master
Sounds like a quick photoshop job.
How much bigger is 'a bit bigger'? If you want something like 800x800+, it'll start to lose resolution and I'd have to recreate the image using vectors and blahblahblah that would take time.
if you want it like 50 pixels bigger that won't be a problem though.

Geist

Smash Master
alrighty then PHOTOSHOP SPEEDRUN

here you go
elapsed time: 26 seconds
aw yeahhhh
(damn border glitch. Fixed. Make that 32 seconds)

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I watched Brave yesterday, it was so suspenseful and emotionally charged. I loved it <3 The lighting and textures were gorgeous too, animation never ceases to amaze me.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I see it a third time this sunday. I'm making a point to study it so I can attempt to emulate Pixar's style and techniques and incorporate them into my demo reel.

Random cool facts, all of the moss in the movie was procedurally generated by a programmed plugin that allows users to control the growth, color, shape, size and even species of moss. Since it was procedurally generated (fractal based) it has a near infinite texture/geometry resolution.

All of the lighting is completely manually done too - Pixar doesn't use post-processing lighting techniques that create realistic light/color bounce, they do it all completely by hand. Each scene can have up to hundreds of individual lights that can be tweaked in the most minute ways. When they hit the render button, the use what they get for the actual movie, though sometimes they do an additional 'shadow pass' to render out specific areas of shadow in some scenes.

It can also take up to six months to prep a character model for animation

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i liked the animation a lot of course. my favorite part of it was merida's hair

there was some really brilliantly composed cinematography too. to name one:
when merida fell into the pit, realized where she was, and you see mordu's very creepy animal face/eyes approaching her in the background.

story-wise, though, i found it hard to get excited because so much of it was revealed to me via disneypixar's many youtube trailers. when
the mom became a bear
, i wasn't really surprised, i was more like, "oh, that explains a lot." and from there i could see most of the rest of the story coming.

i have a feeling, though, that the story would be much stronger and more relatable for girls, and perhaps parents. i don't really know since i am neither.

Geist

Smash Master
That's interesting, a lot of the criticism I hear of the marketing behind it was that they kept too much of the plot hidden, considering that revealing it wouldn't have exactly have been a spoiler in the first place. Imo what made it more predictable was the amount of foreshadowing the movie had. I'm not sure if it was a negative thing for me though.

Nice thread title btw lol
:phone:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I really loved it xD I mean yeh you could tell what would happen but i loved it :) I wish I knew how to do digital artwork T_T my tablet HATES me. I also dunno how to use any of those stuff like gimp or w.e. =/ Not sure what else i could even use...I wanna do hair as nice as them T_T

Geist

Smash Master
Lol i'm not completely sure what they used to calculate the hair simulations.
I want to look into it but pixar keeps their secrets too well

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hi.

Not sure if i'll ever get into full sail yet. But if I do, I might have to start coming in here more often.
And possibly share some of my bits of art. And also learning how to draw.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Pretty sweet your next go at it. Although I find the eyes a tad bit too big past her nose :O
Mane and tail looks pretty smooth together.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Maaaaaaaaaybe~ I dunno xD Painting took me forever tho T_T MUST GET SILK THREAD FOR EMBROIDERY MACHINE SO I CAN LETS MY MACHINE DO THE EYES xD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I had zero prior knowledge before going into Brave, and honestly thought it was pretty basic.

:/

I mean, good. But not brilliant.

Geist

Smash Master
Hi.

Not sure if i'll ever get into full sail yet. But if I do, I might have to start coming in here more often.
And possibly share some of my bits of art. And also learning how to draw.
Hello there

Do it. Then you can join the AE skype group, there's a guy there who goes to Full Sail.
I don't think a privatized college like full sail has the application barriers of something like sheridan or westwood - when I was applying to schools they were practically begging me over the phone to go down there.

And possibly you should share your drawings now? :0
Do you know what program you're getting into?

I had zero prior knowledge before going into Brave, and honestly thought it was pretty basic.

:/

I mean, good. But not brilliant.
Well it's getting pretty average reviews considering its upbringing. Purely as a movie I don't think it stands up with Pixar's best, though I did enjoy it more than any other movie I've seen this year.
From a standpoint of animation and technology it's pretty much objectively great though so I'm probably biased for art nerd reasons.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hello there

Do it. Then you can join the AE skype group, there's a guy there who goes to Full Sail.
I don't think a privatized college like full sail has the application barriers of something like sheridan or westwood - when I was applying to schools they were practically begging me over the phone to go down there.

And possibly you should share your drawings now? :0
Do you know what program you're getting into?
Game design.

And I did say I was probably going to full sail, but it looks like I might go to tech school instead. Either way though, I can still get the same education so ehh....

And I can share drawings, but just to let you know, I just suck at doing them. I can just scan from the printer and show y'all I guess. Right now, I have to get ready for a call and stuff.

====

So these are the only things I have at this point. I had more, but i just threw them away years ago. >.<

Those two are was just made because I was extremely bored in school. :/

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Hi guys ^^
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this whole digital painting thing ._. (only took me like a year T_T
[COLLAPSE=Digital Reshiram Drawing :D]
[/COLLAPSE]
Too bad I forgot to add Reshiram's butt-rings..

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Vinylllll

Yeah beegs goes to full sail
Then we have the ai gang (past current and future Art institute students aw yeah)
And other people :p

---

Also progress.
Markers
So many markers

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
alrighty then PHOTOSHOP SPEEDRUN

here you go
elapsed time: 26 seconds
aw yeahhhh
(damn border glitch. Fixed. Make that 32 seconds)

Thanks for your help Geist, here's the outcome of the request.

Geist

Smash Master
Game design.
Ah nice. There's less art involved with the actual job though, but I'm not sure about what your course would entail.
Hi guys ^^
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this whole digital painting thing ._. (only took me like a year T_T
Dude, I'm still getting a hang of digital painting and I've been building it as a career for over 2 years now.
Nice improvements though. I'd spend a bit more time on your strokes though.

Also progress.
Don't want to be that guy
but I think your perspective is off on the tower in your bg. Wouldn't it make more sense if you could see the underside of the tower's gears/rings? :[
Thanks for your help Geist, here's the outcome of the request.

Oh very cool lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Just following my reference xP sheoul gate, man. Confusing stuff.

And yeah, it's a little off on the lower half of the sword. I'll probably fix it when I get the background worked out a bit more.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Brave was amazing. I want to get the soundtrack, when it comes out.

how much would it cost to comission a rarity plushy?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Blazblue rocks :< Arc put some serious effort into the art direction for that game <3 Mori has made serious strides in the fighting game genre.

I play on PSN :o LittleMissLokii is muh tag
Youre a Mu main too?!
I play Murakumo characters > w> Nu/Noel in CT, and Mu/Noel/Lambda in all CS games

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Blazblue rocks :< Arc put some serious effort into the art direction for that game <3 Mori has made serious strides in the fighting game genre.

I play on PSN :o LittleMissLokii is muh tag
Youre a Mu main too?!
I play Murakumo characters > w> Nu/Noel in CT, and Mu/Noel/Lambda in all CS games
I'm on PSN too! :D I use WerekillV for my tag.

And I main the Murakumo characters too! I use Mu/Noel/Lambda, in that order. I freaking love all of their designs, and they play well too. :3

Top Bottom