• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters
i totally think sonic should be in the next ssb i also think awsome pawsome should be in it!!!!joking but i do think sonic would make a great addition to super smash bros 3

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Pustulio, you are entiltled to your opinon about Sonic not being in the game but you can't be so certain he wont be. Nintendo has not specifically said that he will be in the game. Sonic has made many appearances on Nintendo systems and has been voted to be in the games in Nintendo power polls and by many fans. It may be unlikely but not impossible.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
You're right he's not impossible but is he probable? Let me answer that NO! Lange your my friend but you've got to realize so many people love the game because it is NINTENDO characters only and is made so people can fight with NINTENDO all-stars that they love.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I understand that has been the theme for SSB in their first two games of the series here. It never said anything that it would be stricty limited to Nintendo all Stars in every SSB. Things could very well change with that in the new one. Also, I am not talking abou tadding a bunch of third party characters just Sonic and Tails, because they would be very good in gameplay, and are the most deserving of any third party characters.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Bomberman has been in more games than Sonic for Nintendo but you still think Sonic is more deserving? The reason SSB was created was for Nintendo all-stars not Sega mascots. Sonic though? If anyone from that series I think Knuckles would be the best Sonic series character for a fighting game.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman could have a spot to, he is also deserving. But this thread isn't "what third party characters should be in SSB" its on your opinon of if Sonic should or should not be in SSB3. I'm done here, I stated my opinon and said how I feel about it, he should be in because he is deserving of it and would make a great character in my opinon.

Knuckles may make a good fighter in SSB, but many would think to much sega is in their.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
If they have Sonic it's going to generate more third party and many people will say that's already too much Sega. I didn't say Bomberman should be in it it's just he would be more deserving not that I want him! ABSOLOUTELY NO SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neither Bomberman or Sonic really deserve a spot at all!

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Yes finally someone who understands. Bomberman's may more associated with Nintendo than Sonic and has a better chance although he probably won't be in the game. I really don't want any 3rd party but if there were 2 I'd want Bomberan and Earthworm Jim.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
No wai!

Sonic....how exactly would you make his moves?? Think about it...what would Sonic have for his Up B? I dont know if his skill would be like .....like Sonic

Also, Sonic was bought up by Nintendo, he wasn't Nintendo-made. Sonic was Mario's RIVAL in the very beginning. So Sonic is NOT a Nintendo character, no matter what people argue. That's like saying that you bought a child off the black market and its your own flesh and blood because of that!

Pustulio said:
Yes finally someone who understands. Bomberman's may more associated with Nintendo than Sonic and has a better chance although he probably won't be in the game. I really don't want any 3rd party but if there were 2 I'd want Bomberan and Earthworm Jim.

Earthworm Jim! There's a character we haven't seen in a long while! However...I believe he was on Sega moreso than Nintendo....I'd be iffy about him. Bomberman.....same problem with Sonic. What would his moves be?

DooDah

Banned via Administration
BRoomer
The |Egg| Sniper said:
Sonic....how exactly would you make his moves?? Think about it...what would Sonic have for his Up B? I dont know if his skill would be like .....like Sonic

Also, Sonic was bought up by Nintendo, he wasn't Nintendo-made. Sonic was Mario's RIVAL in the very beginning. So Sonic is NOT a Nintendo character, no matter what people argue. That's like saying that you bought a child off the black market and its your own flesh and blood because of that!

Earthworm Jim! There's a character we haven't seen in a long while! However...I believe he was on Sega moreso than Nintendo....I'd be iffy about him. Bomberman.....same problem with Sonic. What would his moves be?
How aboubt,No.Nintendo did not buy sonic.

Rusk

Smash Rookie
Pfft, let's see Kain from Final Fantasy 2 (IV). If they aquired 3rd party characters, at least use some that have been on old Nintendo systems. Granted, Final Fantasy characters were a one shot deal, but I just want an excuse to play a Dragoon.

Sonic? I don't really care either way, but I don't see him as a very interesting character to play as anyway.

Koops

Smash Journeyman
behind your left ear where it's always itchy
http:///#

well, pretty self explanetary for the moves
B=bomb, hold for bigger and more powerful bomb
B up=use a bomb to jump up further and damage enemies
B down=transform into that advising dude in bomberman 64
B across=bowling bomb with a fire trail or something

dude's mobes
B= charging slash
B up= use flying ability for about 5 secs
B down= turn back to bomberman
B across= projectile deflection but it does twice the damage

and that solves the problem :cool:

DooDah

BRoomer
Koops said:

well, pretty self explanetary for the moves
B=bomb, hold for bigger and more powerful bomb
B up=use a bomb to jump up further and damage enemies
B down=transform into that advising dude in bomberman 64
B across=bowling bomb with a fire trail or something

dude's mobes
B= charging slash
B up= use flying ability for about 5 secs
B down= turn back to bomberman
B across= projectile deflection but it does twice the damage

and that solves the problem :cool:
The "Advising dude" was actually the last boss if you got all the gold cards....if u guys didnt know that. :)

SPARTAN

Smash Cadet
Sonic is probably not going to be in ssbr but if you look at the poll right now more people want him than don't and if Nintendo thought that it would increase sales they WOULD put him in!

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Earthworm Jim! There's a character we haven't seen in a long while! However...I believe he was on Sega moreso than Nintendo....I'd be iffy about him. Bomberman.....same problem with Sonic. What would his moves be?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he appeared on Nintendo more than Sega I said he was more associated with Nintendo than Sonic is. Neither is going to be in SSBR so lets shut-up about them. If Sonic why not Boogerman lol?!

DooDah

BRoomer
People, who cares what a characters moves would be.Who would have thought about halve of the characters moves in the current smash game when the n64 one was out?What would people have thought zelda's or game and watch's move sets would have been back in 2000?

Plomid

Smash Ace
if sonic would be in it ninty would have to share the profit with sega and you think theyll go throug all that for just one character? well i wouldnt mind having him in actually id like having him(slash him with meta-knight:p)but as i said money issues but why not make a capcom vs marvel-esque game wich would be.......... i dont know just an idea

Blastdude

Smash Cadet
I just think Sonic would be kinda boring as a character for the game.... I mean most of his attacks would just be variations of his Spin Dash attack...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
really close poll standings. I think hed be a great addition and cool to play with but i think i say no. He's Sega not nintendo, its just not meant to be played with 3rd party chars.

Mubariz

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Mario and Sonic in a game together. I understand that SSB is about Nintendo All Stars, but this is probably the best chance for the two to be in a game together.

Suliman

Smash Apprentice
SONIC WOULD BE TOTALLY AGAINST SMASH BECAUSE IT LEIK ONY 4 NINTENDO PEOPLES! LEIK HOW MARTH AND ROY AND NESS ARE NINTENDO CHARACTERS! COEM ON GUYS THYNK! </sarcasm>

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Absolutly, Posetivley, Yes. o.o I started my gaming life as a Sega fan, and the sonic games were ****ing awesome. That - and if they put Sonic in, that opens the gate to having other sonic charactes in, like Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, The Chaotix, Metalix, Super Sonic - effectivley the better part of 10 characters that they wouldent otherwise have, which in no way can possibly be a bad thing, it simply adds to the variety of the game, and reguardless of your personal oppinions of the character, that shouldent be reason to <i>Directly</i> limit the pool of characters available.

However, if Tails came out, I have a feeling there would be another character with hover *___* Arial stuff between Peach & Him could be interesting xD

In short - so long as they did the characters well, theres absolutly no harm, and only good things can come of it. Anybody who votes against it is bloody mad, as your effectivley saying "<b>I want fewer characters in SSBR</b>"

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Lord Rust said:
Absolutly, Posetivley, Yes. o.o I started my gaming life as a Sega fan, and the sonic games were ****ing awesome. That - and if they put Sonic in, that opens the gate to having other sonic charactes in, like Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, The Chaotix, Metalix, Super Sonic - effectivley the better part of 10 characters that they wouldent otherwise have, which in no way can possibly be a bad thing, it simply adds to the variety of the game, and reguardless of your personal oppinions of the character, that shouldent be reason to <i>Directly</i> limit the pool of characters available.

However, if Tails came out, I have a feeling there would be another character with hover *___* Arial stuff between Peach & Him could be interesting xD

In short - so long as they did the characters well, theres absolutly no harm, and only good things can come of it. Anybody who votes against it is bloody mad, as your effectivley saying "<b>I want fewer characters in SSBR</b>"
First of all, get a dictionary and learn how to spell properly.

Second of all, Super Smash Bros. are consisted of ONLY Nintendo's favourite all-stars. I don't see it saying Nintendo's and Sega's.

If there happens to be Sega characters, then Nintendo will have to be paying Sega for using them, since they aren't the same company in the first place.

I_LoVe_PuNk

Smash Cadet
Of cousre not!!! Yeah, its cool to have lots of characters but only FROM NINTENDO. Sega and nintendo was (and i dunno if they still do today) life enemies. When nintendo released mario bros, sega released sonic as his nemesis.
So the only way i would like him to be in SSBR would be to kick his *** as mario!!! (Thats why there are tons of videos of fights beteween sonic and mario in Newgrounds, if u know that page u will get my idea, and if u dont, visit that page)

Omadon

Tyson651 said:
First of all, get a dictionary and learn how to spell properly.

Second of all, Super Smash Bros. are consisted of ONLY (Shouldent that read "Consists of only"?) Nintendo's favourite all-stars. I don't see it saying Nintendo's and Sega's.

If there happens to be Sega characters, then Nintendo will have to be paying Sega (*"Will have to pay Sega") for using them, since they aren't the same company in the first place.
First of all, remove the tennis racket from your ***, then I'll stop beind dyslexic, kay? :D Your scathing comments reguarding the number of typos in the post I made, while deeply, deeply hurtful on my behalf, really have absolutly nothing to do with weather or not Sega characters should be treated as anathema as far as SSBR is concerned, now does it? Please try to say something relevant o.o

Second of all, what do you possibly gain from being so narrow minded? How does less = more? Just because the original intent was for it to be nintendo characters, how does that automaticaly mean that there shouldent be other characters in it? Seriously. How are more characters a bad thing? And even if they arent nintendo, whats directly Bad about using them? How are you attaching some kind of posetive value to Nintendo and a negetive to Sega? So long as the characters are done well - and the people making this game's ability to come up with decent sets of moves and whatnot isnt in question here, how can you possibly rationalize having fewer characters? Or limiting the pool from which you take them?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Tyson651 said:
Second of all, Super Smash Bros. are consisted of ONLY Nintendo's favourite all-stars. I don't see it saying Nintendo's and Sega's.

If there happens to be Sega characters, then Nintendo will have to be paying Sega for using them, since they aren't the same company in the first place.
a) Just because SSB and SSBM had a slogon that said touted them being Nintendo's all-stars, doesn't mean that SSBR has to follow in the same pursuit. There have been plenty of cases, both in videogames and elsewhere, where the sequals don't necessarily follow what the prequals did. Infact, if all sequals did, they'd be pretty ****ty since they'd be limited to what the prequals had, IMO.

b) If Nintendo and Sega don't reach an agreement, and instead Nintendo has to pay Sega to use Sonic or other Sega characters, so what? If Nintendo thinks it'll be fun, Revolutionary, or will boost sales of the game, thus increasing the amount of money they earn in the long run, I don't see why they won't do it.

Omadon

Just think about it, we'd have a good 10+ characters just from the games alone. I don't really know much about the new characters they've released for the more recent games, as I've only really played the older stuff, and I was a big fan of the comics when I was younger xD

Sonic.
Super Sonic.
Knuckles.
Tails.
Amy.
Eggman.
Vector.
Mighty.
Espio.
Charmy.
Shadow. (Though I hate him >.>)
Metalix.

Christ, you could even start delving into comic book characters *__* But I doubt they would do that ;-;

BUTIFTHEYDID.

Zachery (The only other surviving Echidna)
Shortfuse (A rogue creation of Eggman)

annd I can't think of any others >.> But Zachery would pwn D: Not that anybodys ever heard of him xD Butyeah, as mentioned above, Marth, Roy and Ness werent nintendo characters? And Marth is now one of the best in the game. Are you telling me they were wrong to use them? Because thats effectivley what your trying to imply.

Top Bottom