• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #1 - Who Do You Primarily Use?

Who Do You Primarily Use?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 62 4.1%
  • Mario

Votes: 36 2.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 44 2.9%
  • Bowser

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Peach

Votes: 74 4.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 37 2.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 71 4.7%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Falco

Votes: 187 12.5%
  • Fox

Votes: 161 10.8%
  • Ness

Votes: 29 1.9%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 25 1.7%
  • Samus

Votes: 81 5.4%
  • Zelda

Votes: 15 1.0%
  • Sheik

Votes: 85 5.7%
  • Link

Votes: 93 6.2%
  • Young Link

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Pichu

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 42 2.8%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 13 0.9%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Marth

Votes: 211 14.1%
  • Roy

Votes: 40 2.7%

• Total voters

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
AHA!!! I KNEW IT!!!! MARTH WILL DOMINATE SMASH!!! SAY GOODBYE TO SHIEK!!!! (bye bye shiek....) anywho I main Mario, bit my best char. is...is... FALCO! surprised? you should be....dun know why but I barely use marth now, probably cuz Marios that much cooler =]

MasterGary

Smash Ace
AHA!!! I KNEW IT!!!! MARTH WILL DOMINATE SMASH!!! SAY GOODBYE TO SHIEK!!!! (bye bye shiek....) anywho I main Mario, bit my best char. is...is... FALCO! surprised? you should be....dun know why but I barely use marth now, probably cuz Marios that much cooler =]
falo is just the baddest

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
BOOZER pretty much pwns every single character on that list so i don't know why we care about who else is on there

Jx31

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that so many people use marth....no one I know uses him for some reason except me. o_O

I

i8waffles612

i got this game like 1 month ago,,, and ive been trying ppl for like a week... then i choose link... im thinking about trying marth...cause he looks pretty cool

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
DK was my main when I first started playing. Now I main Cpt. Falcon. I never liked Marth very much (though apparently 14% of people here do). He's just boring to play IMO.

Waning Light

Smash Rookie
I'm one for Sheik. I don't mind being behind. Actually, I don't even like being part of the majority. Nice to see what others take, though it's mostly what I'd expect.

Scimmia

Smash Rookie
This was hard for me because I fluctuate regularly between three different characters...
Marth, Falco, and Luigi.
I went with luigi because I can't say no to such an amazing wavedash and tech artist. :)

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Wow what a surprise, Falco, Fox, and Marth are the top 3, and pichu, Dk, and Mewtwo are bottom.....Who would have guessed

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I use a lot of different characters, but the one character that I truly main is Marth. The reason I main him is because he's one of the few characters that actually fits my playstle. Also, he has a nice, sharp sword to cut ppl with.

Binx

Smash Master
So apparently marth is the most played character along with the majority of the top tier, I main marth also, I was surprised that DK is the lowest, I guess he is the most boring character.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow, DK is tied with the lowest teir character in the game.
Depressing for a dk main...

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I like luigi shiek pichu and doctor mario but i picked pichu because i use him and shiek the most but hes funner..

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
I main Pikachu but love to play as G&W as my secondary char. I would vote for both but sadly I can't. Then again, voting for both defeats the purpose of the poll.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Jesus christ, 23% space animals??!?! Every other character even with his ''clone'' is under 10%

I voted for fox, since I main him. :) Soooo original of me, amirite?

I play everyone though lol. Fox/falcon are my main dudes though.

omG_A_coW

Smash Apprentice
i am skeptical

I think that a poll like this is inaccurate. It is to measure the most commonly used characters or characters that people think they are best with right?

Fox, Falco are all top tier. So people who are not very experienced with ssbm might choose them as their main. But there is also the group of these players who are actually "good" with the character.

So if all the people who "thought" they were good with a character but actually only used them because they were top tier were not included in the poll then then numbers would change.

This also affects the Chars that aren't used very much. Let me used DK for an example. Dk is not a very easy person to get good with in the beginning, but with guidance and practice can become quite formidable. Now keeping this in mind, the people who clicked dk on the poll "probably" have already become good or very good with DK.

This is also the case with any other low used characters in the poll. Whoever clicked them"probably" is quite good with them.

So keeping in mind the previous information. You can probably shave 4-5 percent off fox,marth,falco for people who use them because there "easier" to use in the beginning(i think) and are not really "good" with them yet.

but for lower % chars the poll percentage shaved is probably much less. Since people who are not very experienced probably wont use them for their mains and will pick higher tier chars.

----I dont know :) maybe im just blabbing poo--- but i think there might be some truth in my words.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
wheres the Kirby love???

yeah, kirby is my main, but i love to play on samus and sometimes ness.

Is kirby really THAT horrible???? I mean, i thought all characters could beat anyone... I find Kirby as being one of those best characters...

I know Kirby can get KO'd kinda easily, and his playstyle is hard to get used to, but isnt that the point? Get used to his playstyle so you can kick everyone elses @$$ who plays with the stereotype characters like Falco and Fox?

DevilGENE

Smash Rookie
wheres the Kirby love???

yeah, kirby is my main, but i love to play on samus and sometimes ness.

Is kirby really THAT horrible???? I mean, i thought all characters could beat anyone... I find Kirby as being one of those best characters...

I know Kirby can get KO'd kinda easily, and his playstyle is hard to get used to, but isnt that the point? Get used to his playstyle so you can kick everyone elses @$$ who plays with the stereotype characters like Falco and Fox?
Good point!!

Low Tier FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!(even though i use samus and peach lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used to start out with Link, but Young Link is just so much faster. I wish his hook shot was longer though. I use that a lot. :( Oh well. And, looks like I'll be back to using Link in Brawl. ^_^

Top Bottom