• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

XeroXen - Meta Knight
Coolwhip - Samus (Already voted in another board?)
Jimmyfosho - Meta Knight
Kanzaki - Meta Knight
Matt07 - Meta Knight
Calebyte - Meta Knight
-Sensei- - Meta Knight
firemario149 - Meta Knight
JuxtaposeX - Meta Knight
ThatGuy - Meta Knight
HeroMystic - Meta Knight

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Metaknight.

People usually go, and I've heard this multiple times in tournament, "How do I fight a Mario? Oh wells, I'll just pick Metaknight and spam tornado/dsmash."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Poll is by votes.

I'm manually tallying 37 different polls.
No poll attached because each person gets ONE VOTE in ONE BOARD. No voting here and in the Luigi boards for example.

All duplicates will be ignored, first vote is your only vote. (Meaning if you post here, than the Zamus boards. Only here would count unless you posted in Zamus first)

Matt07

Smash Master
I'd have to say Metaknight as well.

If we had 2 characters to pick, it'd definitely be Dedede as my second.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Everyone's favorite fallback character.... Meta Knight.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Metaknight. I doubt you'll get a different answer anywhere else, even in the MK boards.
MK aside, probably Snake or Marth.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
The majority of players in the tournament scene use Metaknight, or have him as a reserve in case things go wrong. By definition, this is by far and large the most important matchup to know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Awesome, but do you have any reasoning for saying "Samus"?

You're NEVER going to play against a Samus in tournament (or, if you do... it's very very rare). Therefore, the matchup isn't as important as one you're going to play all the time (Metaknight, which is our hardest matchup at that).

DDD is second, but he honestly isn't as abundant, at least in my region, as Metaknight, and the matchup isn't nearly as difficult.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Metaknight.

It's been said why...nothing really character specific. MK is what's abundant in tourneys now, and he'll probably be the most frequent CP you'll ever see...so it has to be MK.

Diddy would be second though, simply because not knowing how to fight Diddy is an insta-loss. You can't get by doing what you normally do vs him, so you just go the whole set getting ***** the whole time. Which is a shame...cuz Mario vs Diddy isn't bad.

SKidd

Smash Master
Diddy is not that bad.

Switch to MK ;)

But seriously, he's not that bad.

UberMario

Smash Master
Meta-Knight, though Falco isn't too far behind, that one is more in Mario's favor, and, in my opinion, is important not due to the difficulty of the matchup (unlike for battles against MK and DDD), but rather because it can take a bit of time to learn how to succesfully approach and gimp him. MK is my pick though because of his off-stage game, which is where Mario is poorest at.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Diddy is not that bad.

Switch to MK ;)

But seriously, he's not that bad.
If you don't know the match-up? I dunno, Diddy players take advantage of the fact that playing against him like anyone else is pretty impossible.

We've got a reflector, but still.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
The poll isn't "Which matchup do you think is the hardest" it's "Most important matchup to learn". Regardless of your opinion of the matchup you have to recognize that Metaknight is a very popular character, and many people also second and "pocket" Metaknight. The same cannot be said for Marth. With Metaknight being so difficult and so frequent, it's fairly obvious that he's the "Most Important" but since this is a poll I really shouldn't be posting this here.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The poll isn't "Which matchup do you think is the hardest" it's "Most important matchup to learn". Regardless of your opinion of the matchup you have to recognize that Metaknight is a very popular character, and many people also second and "pocket" Metaknight. The same cannot be said for Marth. With Metaknight being so difficult and so frequent, it's fairly obvious that he's the "Most Important" but since this is a poll I really shouldn't be posting this here.
Oh this is the most important MU thread. Mixed them up lol. If that's so, then MK is the most important.

Top Bottom