• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That one's a classic. It's happened to me several times that I beat someone in say 10 games in a row, having fun, putting GG and stuff; and then suddenly, the other dude starts saying things like "YOU SUCK" "N00B" etc... the irony is too strong to comprehend
It's indeed a classic! But it's the first time it happens to me.

The guy seemed pretty determined, though. After the first match, he had an "ok" tag, and started to play differently, more defensively and spammy.

Too bad that he gave me too many opportunities for Farore :awesome:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I posted here a lot, and the Online shenanigans won't end.
This Green DK comes in. He started the match with the Down-Taunt (which made me think he was nice) and, when I was about to get him, I rolled back and did the Down-Taunt too. I combo'd him a bit and he started to do successive ledge-jumps and use the Up-B. Everyone knows that, despite auto-snap mechanics, DONG's Up-B is hori-freaking-zontal. He ended up killing himself doing that while I kept my 2 Stocks with exact 20% Damage. Then, next match came. He changed to Meta Knight. It was a fairly normal match, until he started with this thing again. On the Second stock, I tried to use Inhale so that I could use his Tornado. He SD'd...? And at the CSS he said "DUDE•" "BAD•GAME" and quit...? FG can be weird

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well today I fought an Ike player named REACTOR (who also played DK and Ganondorf) and I'll admit he was pretty good. We both won twice and I was getting bored so I changed my name to "GOOD GAMES" and prepared to leave. Right before I could quit he changed his name to "UR TRASH" (in the previous match he destroyed me with Ike). I said "LOL" and decided to fight him a few more times. I somehow beat his f-air/jab Ike twice in a row and left without saying anything. Sadly I couldn't upload the matches to Youtube since they were longer than 3 minutes though you can still find them by searching Ike/Wario North America 1v1's on the Wii U version.
I got that replay of yours on that match. Warios like you are pretty rare from my experience. I mean I fought a few of them before but all they did was spam Wario Bike and Bite. Nothing very special about them compared to yours, which you play your Wario wonderfully. That Ike was pretty good, of course.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
The mean names are getting more and more frequent. The only way I've been able to stop them is by using a tag on myself called "Never wins." Only 1 tag since, saying "Freewin." I want to win a game; I haven't won for over 100 matches ;(

Last edited:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
How can you be called names? You can't even send messages or talk to people unless they're on your friends list.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How can you be called names? You can't even send messages or talk to people unless they're on your friends list.
On the Wii U version you can change your nickname that appears above your head so others can see it.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get this all the time. I occasionally run into this guy who goes by "JJ" from time to time, and I always know when it's him because he'll john after every match he loses with "SPAM", "LAG"(we never have lag when playing), or "TRASH". Then when he wins (I always practice with characters I never play with when I play him) he'll say "HAHAHAHA" shortly followed by "NOOBFAGGOT" and leave (this will be the first time he wins out of 10 or 12 matches). I'm not gonna lie it's starting to piss me off.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Just yesterday me and a friend went on 2V2 For Glory. We were having some really good matches that day and were playing more for fun rather than seriously (For example, started using characters we wouldn't normally use yet are still kinda decent with).

Next we went against these two players who were losing quite a few matches. After our 5th match they finally won then promptly switched their tags to "HAHA" and "PEDOPHILE" (Really now...?). Good thing is they decided they were ready for another match so they gave us a chance to play seriously. This match they were taunting excessively thinking they were going to win again; however we beat them +3 to -3. Well what goes around comes around, so we put up "InSALTed?" in response to them.

They then changed their tags to "COME ON" and "DIE" and were immediately ready for another round. We left. Too bad we weren't having fries at the time cause I could of really used all of that extra salt they were giving us.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
As well as name tags, someone just shared 5 humilating replays of me, all titled Rekt.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As well as name tags, someone just shared 5 humilating replays of me, all titled Rekt.
Don't take this stuff too seriously man. If you care this much just train, learn the MU's, and eventually you'll get better. Then you can get that d-bag back, and make your own highlight reel ;).

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
I've had basically no trouble in matchmaking on this game. Just people trying to have a good game. Then again, I never really saw this "harrassment" in the COD community back when I was giving that game a go, so maybe I'm just resistant to being triggered.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, on the other hand? If the good experiences didn't outweigh the bad, I'd say that community is a wretched hive of scum and misandry.

After our 5th match they finally won then promptly switched their tags to "HAHA" and "PEDOPHILE" (Really now...?).
Note to self: make Lena Durnam Mii.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Yeah it's stuff like this why I question Nintendo not giving us the option to block people during the character select acreen or disable tag interaction.

Last edited:

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Was playing the 'zard, came across a mediocre mario, defeated him. He starts changing his name to "ONLY GRIP?" "GROW UP" then "COCSUKER".

So I went in the next battle, spammed taunt, grabbed at every opportunity, beat him and left before he could get a word in. It shouldn't feel this satisfying.

D

Deleted member

I fought this guy who played as Captain Falcon and some other character (I think it was Ike). The games were pretty damn close to be honest.
After winning twice, he changed his tag to "GETALIFE".

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Tons of times.
Especially on 2P Team Battle For Fun.
I would list a few, but most-if-not-all are way too inappropriate to even speak of
And we don't even fight them
We just enter a room to see people insulting us, and we just leave
This is why I always go on Smash 3DS whenever it comes for For Glory, because lord knows there are worse in Wii U For Glory. :drshrug:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I didn't think I'd be posting another "For Glory Moment" again so soon, but here we go!

Today me and my friend went against these two players who stuck around for awhile. Now they were pretty good and proved to be a tough challenge. In fact, I was having fun with these two guys because of it. I'd say it was a 50/50 win & lose for both sides.

Next thing we know they pull out Ganondorf and Captain Falcon and beat us rather badly that match. And when I mean badly, I say -5 to +5 kind of badly. Before I could pull out my "G G" tag (Cause I seriously wasn't expecting THAT) they put this up one tag at a time: "U can't use anyone else Hahahaha Go Practice Bruh" and proceeded to get ready for another match. I'm assuming they did this because I used King Dedede most of those matches while my friend switched between Ganondorf and Shulk.

Well, we both said "Kay" as I stuck with King Dedede and my friend switched to Captain Falcon, getting more serious as well.

We ended up landing 6 KO's on them this time around, but at the end we only won by +3. I couldn't resist, so I put up "LOL WAT" in response to them. As soon as they saw that they immediately left to most likely get some more salt for their next opponents.

Was a shame to, cause I really enjoyed our matches up until that point. For glory, man...

Last edited:

TheRealDonquavious

Smash Cadet
I come across these people all too often. Even though I'm confident in my skill as a player, these rude tag switches really bother me, because I feel that there is no way to win mentally against them.
I'm a skilled greninja player who has worked really hard to learn a patient play style after switching over from Falcon. My neutral game mainly consists of lots of spaced forward airs, water shurikens, and just in general trying to bait a reaction so that I may punish. I recently played against a falcon on For Glory, and, knowing I had to dictate the pace of the match to win, went to my usual routine of spacing and zoning. After I win twice, he switches to mario, where I beat him twice more, even at one point (in lag) hitting a nair to footstool to Dair to nair to up smash. He was a good player, and they were good matches where I felt that I played well. Then he hits me with the tags of "SPAMMER", "CAMPER", "TRASH", and when I said "GG" he said "NOPE". I then, frustrated, hit him with the tag "ADAPT", but immediately felt awful and put out all of my tags such as "UR GOOD :)" smiley faces and more. I left, feeling like I lost, and demoralized in general.
I also played a laggy samus once, where I down-air suicided twice. I wasn't playing too seriously and was trying to punish his ledge re grabs with spikes (I failed twice lol). After I lost, I am greeted with tags of "U NEW?", "LOL", "TRASH", and more. I reply with a simple "BODIED" to poke fun at myself. He then leaves, giving me no chance of redemption and generally killing my mood.
I just feel like there is no way to win against these guys. I do my best not to let it get to my head, but honestly I feel like it's a lot easier said than done. If I win and leave, I feel like the jerk. If I lose, I feel discouraged.
Anyways, sorry for just completely venting on this thread lol, but I guess we've all had these kinds of experiences and know how it feels. I also don't know how to end this unnecessary wall of text other than with "Why didn't I just go to Smash ladder?"

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A few weeks ago I went onto 2v2 For Glory and lost sudden death. My partner (who was a crappy Game & Watch) kept changing his name to "DUMB F**K" "TEAMMATE". I thought he just hated me but he did this whenever he lost no matter who was on his team. I guess he just couldn't accept that maybe he was the reason he kept losing.

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
Two stocked a guy 3 games in a row yesterday, then he taunts before suiciding and then put up "LOLTRYHARD" and leaves. Uh, okay? Sore loser much?

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Today I met this Black Yoshi, whom I got twice with Jiggs' Back-Air. I won, and he said "LUCKY WIN!". I simply asked "SALTY?" and said "SKILL". He answered "NO SKILL!".
Obviously, Jigglypuff is very easy; she has many safe kill moves, is very heavy, will suffer nothing if her Shield breaks and can beat everyone easily. She requires no skill, guyz
I've said "EZ" and quit.
I should also point out that he taunted twice when he took my first stock.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Today I met this Black Yoshi, whom I got twice with Jiggs' Back-Air. I won, and he said "LUCKY WIN!". I simply asked "SALTY?" and said "SKILL". He answered "NO SKILL!".
Obviously, Jigglypuff is very easy; she has many safe kill moves, is very heavy, will suffer nothing if her Shield breaks and can beat everyone easily. She requires no skill, guyz
I've said "EZ" and quit.
No one respects Jiggly players. It's frustrating. I always get some guy who keeps getting rekt by my Jigs, and then switches to Jigs themselves thinking that it's easy. I make sure to break their shields Every. Single. Time.

They need to learn man.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
This one might just be the funniest I've experienced so far.

I hop into FG as Sonic, got paired with a Capt. Falcon player. This guy immediately SD'd both of his stocks as soon as the match started. And, of course, back at the CSS screen I'm met with a barrage of tags like "HAHAHA" "SONICLOL" "NO-SKILL" "FHAG" "HAHAHA".

I used my counter-tag "U~SALTY?" in response. He promptly left after that. We never even fought lmao!

I was in tears from laughing so hard. Simply SEEING the Blue Blur was enough to fire up that guy's salt refinery!

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
This one might just be the funniest I've experienced so far.

I hop into FG as Sonic, got paired with a Capt. Falcon player. This guy immediately SD'd both of his stocks before the match even started. And, of course, back at the CSS screen I'm met with a barrage of tags like "HAHAHA" "SONICLOL" "NO-SKILL" "FHAG" "HAHAHA".

I used my counter-tag "U~SALTY?" is response to which he promptly leeft after that. We never even fought lmao!

I was in tears from laughing so hard. Simply SEEING the Blue Blur was enough to fire up that guy's salt refinery! Good lord!
Your avatar fits well for this story. :grin:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Another new week means another new For Glory moment to share. The story goes as follows:

First Match: :4pacman: -VS- :4robinf:
It started out simple enough. The guy seemed to be a really good Robin player and I had to be very careful around him. Once he KO'ed me he taunted not only once, but twice. Well, once I took a stock off of him I made sure to return the favor. It was an insanely close match after that. Like, very close with a minute left. One good hit from either side would of resulted in victory.

I ended up claiming said victory after preforming a Side Smash when get got back up from the edge.

Second Match: :4rob: -VS- :4sonic:
He didn't show any signs of being a poor sport, just a bit of cockiness. It's cause of that that I decided to stick around. I should of known better. He tried to be very aggressive with Sonic so I commend him for that, but I ended up wailing on him for it. Since he decided that didn't work he goes full on passive. He dodges and waits at the edges to punish me with no effort to attack at all.

Well I obviously caught onto that (it's not the first time I encountered passive players like that on FG) and decided to do the same. We had a staring contest for 10 full seconds before he tried to get aggressive again. I managed to take a stock off of him and once I did he immediately SD'd. Back at the Select screen I get "Cowaerd" (no really, that's how he spelled it) "Keep" & "Running".

He cycled through them two or three times. I just responded with "K". He was ready to go again.

Final Match: :4rob: -VS- :4falcon: (What a shocker...)
I could tell he was out for blood this match cause he was definitely not showing any mercy this time around. He didn't let up for a single second, which made for an tough and exciting match. In the end though I ended up gimping him with a beautiful Gyro snipe shot when he tried to recover (he was literally right there at the edge) and ended up winning.

Soon as we got back to the Select screen he puts up "Ur Cheap" & "Loser". Well, I just replied with "K" again.

His final response was "SCREW U" before leaving. It really was a shame he had to be extremely salty cause I did enjoy our matches. This guy definitely gave me a hard time and I would of loved to play with him more if it wasn't for all of that.
I hop into FG as Sonic, got paired with a Capt. Falcon player. This guy immediately SD'd both of his stocks as soon as the match started. And, of course, back at the CSS screen I'm met with a barrage of tags like "HAHAHA" "SONICLOL" "NO-SKILL" "FHAG" "HAHAHA".

I used my counter-tag "U~SALTY?" in response. He promptly left after that. We never even fought lmao!
Well, a free win is a free win right? I don't particularly like Sonic myself but I at least make an effort to go against them. Still no excuse for him to do all that though. For Glory is just full of silliness sometimes.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
On the 3DS, the replays and crouch spamming are the equivalent of being called names. The only time I ever taunt is when someone starts doing either of these things. If they continue to, I may do as I did today, and hit back with a replay. I'm starting to win against these guys, and I won't take any more of their bullying.

bortlicensplate

Smash Rookie
I am rarely insulted on for glory, after 3000 matches I think I have only been insulted a few times, most of them even comical. If I falcon punch finish my opponent I may change my name to EZPK or something along those lines, but very rarely at that. A time or two I might have kept the score, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0, etc., I figure why not :). Every now & then I will face a bunch of Asian players so I change my name to Godzilla also, but I would probably fare better if I had this bad boy to enter in the hanzi characters for it:
I'd use that any day over the game pad

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Well, a free win is a free win right? I don't particularly like Sonic myself but I at least make an effort to go against them. Still no excuse for him to do all that though. For Glory is just full of silliness sometimes.
That's great! I mean, it's not like Sonic is impossible to deal with. Just gotta know to play defense most of the time. I understand how much he can frustrate someone though...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
That's great! I mean, it's not like Sonic is impossible to deal with. Just gotta know to play defense most of the time. I understand how much he can frustrate someone though...
Well, it's why I make an effort to play against characters I know I dislike. It's like you said, Sonic as well as any other character isn't impossible. If you refuse to play against them they'll always be a constant annoyance to you. It's why I found what that one guy did to you so funny. Chances are he probably does that with every Sonic, therefore he will never learn how to handle them.

I used to hate Yoshi players a lot (I still find them rather annoying) but after actively playing against them and putting in the effort I've learned how to handle Yoshi a lot better. I still groan when I see one, but I do much better now against them.

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Another...oh boy...

Encountered a Jigglypuff player who apparently only knew how to dash/pound/rollout spam. Oh! He taunted every chance he could too. In our first match, I was using Iggy and lost unfortunately. This was not gonna slide, so I bring in Sonic to finish the job. He made it pretty easy for me to land my Up-Smashes and chained F-Airs.

After securing the win and returning to the CSS, there he is with "FKGSPAMER" as his tag. Then "Only-know" "how-to" "play-1" "caracter"(yes, that's how he spelled it). He cycled through these a few times.

We did one more match...I used Mario. After we were done, he was nowhere to be seen on the CSS.

But really? A spammer accusing someone else of being a spammer?? I can't help that alot of my moves have me rolling into a ball. That's the Sonic way!

Last edited:

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
Why yes i have. but every time i go on for glory I'm facing some noobs that decided it would be fun to go on for glory 1 v 1 mode. And they start calling me names when i beat the crap out of them with DK. its hilarious.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Another...oh boy...

Encountered a Jigglypuff player who apparently only knew how to dash/pound/rollout spam. Oh! He taunted every chance he could too. In our first match, I was using Iggy and lost unforutnately. This was not gonna slide, so I bring in Sonic to finish the job. He made it pretty easy for me to land my Up-Smashes and chained F-Airs.

After securing the win and returning to the CSS, there he is with "FKGSPAMER" as his tag. Then "Only-know" "how-to" "play-1" "caracter"(yes, that's how he spelled it). He cycled through these a few times.

We did one more match...I used Mario. After we were done, he was nowhere to be seen on the CSS.

But really? A spammer accusing someone else of being a spammer?? I can't help that alot of my moves have me rolling into a ball. That's the Sonic way!
I really feel bad for Sonic mains. In my opinion, nothing is wrong with the character, both in and out of Smash; there are much more infuriating characters to face than someone who is just fast.

Top Bottom