• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for Pikachu

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I watch team tourneys, I always watch for moments when the fighters chain moves together into an effective offense. But when watching some other tourneys, certain teams will look more or less cohesive. That got me wondering. Who is the best partner for each character? Well, since I’m a casual Brawler, and I don’t have the expertise to judge, so why not ask the experts? I originally tried this on GameFAQs, but the users in general were immature, or not qualified to give the information. Then I remembered the specific boards on Smashboards, so I brought the poll here. So who do you think the best partner is for Pikachu?

Rules:

- The poll will last for a week. If it becomes popular, it may last longer.
- You may only vote for one character.
- Assume friendly fire is on.
- Assume there are no items.
- After posting your answer, give a detailed reason why you choose that character. If you don’t give viable information, your vote will not be added.
- You may ask to change your vote if you have a viable reason.
- Discussion on your choices is allowed. NO FLAMES!!!
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you want to use videos to explain your reasoning, feel free to post them, but remember. I play this game casually, so you have to explain what parts of the video are important and why they are important.
- You may vote on multiple polls.
- If issues occur, I may add or remove rules, so be sure to review the list.

Bowser – 0
Captain Falcon – 0
Diddy Kong – 0
Donkey Kong – 0
Falco – 0
Fox – 0
Game & Watch – 1
Ganondorf – 0
Ice Climbers – 0
Ike – 0
Jigglypuff – 0
King Dedede – 0
Kirby – 0
Link – 0
Lucario – 0
Lucas – 0
Luigi – 0
Mario – 0
Marth – 0
Meta Knight – 0
Ness – 0
Olimar – 0
Peach – 0
Pikachu – 0
Pit – 0
Pokemon Trainer – 0
R.O.B. – 0
Samus – 0
Sheik – 0
Snake – 0
Sonic – 0
Toon Link – 1
Wario – 0
Wolf – 0
Yoshi – 0
Zelda – 0
Zero Suit Samus – 0

Replies: 8

If your vote isn’t tallied, you may have done one of the following:

- You voted for multiple people or didn’t make your answer clear
- You voted for multiple characters
- You didn’t give a good reason.

krehz

Smash Ace
i say pika and IC or CF/Ike and IC because the IC chain grab could go all the way across the map, and then just have the other person camp and then use the power move like thunder/Falcon Punch/<smash for Ike and it is like an easy KO

gallax

Smash Hero
i remember reading a similar question about the best pika temmate a while ago and it seemed that the general consensus was G&W. not only is he a top tier character in general and can pretty much hold his own with almost any character, but her hold the ability to take what pika has(tjolt/thunder) and use them for instant kills in a match. pik is unique here because all of our projectiles mean instant death at a full bucket. Even if the opponent is at 0%. Take advantage of this. Just have your partnerget behind you while you make walls of thunder or send tjolts whenever he has killed someone to get him another bucket. if he gets sent high into the air yell thunder and have him bucket. there are many strategies on this.

he has powerful smashes so killing shouldn't be a problem here. if he has problems recovering pika can always go get him and hit him with an uair to give him his recovery back and safely return. he has a slow death fall to with his umbrella so getting to him is possible. he also has the hammer so just the random insta kill is always a factor when attacking opponents.

Waddle Dee Army

Smash Apprentice
I say Toon Link. Both are fast characters with good distance attacks. Toon Link's lack of smash damage can be countered with Pikachu's smash damage. Plus a coordinated team can kill at 0%. Have Toon Link drag someone to the top of the screen with spin attack and then Pikachu finishes with thunder.

gallax

Smash Hero
you want someone on your team thats gonna have the advantages that pika isnt going to have. these are good kill moves that aren't situational, good airiels(range and priority), and the ability to stay alive long. marth is a good partner for pika, i agree. i could see charizard as a partner. but toon link...sorry. i dont think thats a good teammate for pika. we need someone who works awesome with pika and TL just doesn't have the right stlye. a good partner for Tink would be would. he can stay behind tink and fire the lasers as backup and if someone gets past(or uses a projectile against us) he has a reflector. im not going more into the wolf tink partnership but that would be a good team.

you see, in teams, the most polular ones are gonna have a MK or snake or DDD on them. this means that pika is going to be easily killed. we need a teammate who is gonna be able to go in and handle any of these characters and stay alive for a while. if needed, let pika spam the jolt or thunder and force the enemy into them. i am referring to either marth/G&W/snake. marth has excellent range and has everything that pika doesn't have. i already explained g&w. snake has power, excellent kill moves, and the ability to surprise kill by planting c4's everywhere along with nades and a directable missile. in teams you need to be able to survive. pika won't be able to survive for that long with light characters as partners.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Sonic. A well-trained Sonic player can accurately predict an opponent's DI, run over, and drop a trampoline at the last second to launch them high into the air. An avid Pikachu player will quickly notice, QAC, and Thunder at the needed location, going for a sky KO at lower %. Sonic will avoid the Thunder by using his Dair or DI/dodging. This should work wonders against characters that can't reflect and on levels with low ceilings.

Let's not forget that a Sonic can run around as fast as Pikachu can QAC. With speed and a combo like that, most teams will be forced to have a reflector or absorber, something that MK, Snake and DDD cannot fufill.

This is all theory, I have yet to try it out.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
O.O whats up with all these marths? G&W is the best teamate for pika and visa versa. why?

First of all, galax covered some of it. here is some more tidbits to chew on. G&W happens to cover some of pikas weakness quite nicely. Pikachu has the ability to charge a bucket across the stage. as what happened tonight, i shot a tjolt, it went between the 2 enemies, and it walked across YI right into G&W's bucket. and G&W can just get really high allowing you to thunder all day. as proof for as how good it works, the second day me and this G&W teamed up happened to be on the day of the tournament, and we got 5th of 16 teams.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Mostly for fun, but today a friend of my and I teamed up during the doubles portion of the tourney. He plays a **** good Wario, and as you know I play Pika. We got very deep for two people who never play doubles and who teamed up with each other for the first time.

I'll break down the reasons why later. I'm kinda bombed out right now.

phaMR2

Smash Apprentice
my friend plays a mean lucas, and we've teamed up together before and had some pretty fun matches. down smash to thunder, while lucas comes in for the absorb and damage towards the upward opponent. hurray for tank!

voting for conan o'lucas.

gallax

Smash Hero
actually, other than G&W, lucas or ness seem like a sure fire teammate. you have the ability to heal them at like 30% with each thunder. they could potentially live the entire match and win while being at 0%.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I really enjoy doubling with my friends DDD.

He's great at finishing.He can also chaingrab a bunch of the cast.I think his style just comliments pikas.Edgehogging with this team is vicious as well.Its a well balanced team of Pika'who can rack damage quickly and has a good finishing options.Then DD,a serious KO finisher who is not only hard to kill but not even that slow for how powerfull he is.

I think they flow with each other very well.

Does anyone else ever double with DDD and feel the same?

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
actually, other than G&W, lucas or ness seem like a sure fire teammate. you have the ability to heal them at like 30% with each thunder. they could potentially live the entire match and win while being at 0%.
I completely agree that this is probobly the best team due to instant healing not to mention Lucas and Ness are excellent at ko and can add support in anyway they can :)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lol, that isn't my break down. I'm trying to recall my matches so that I can properly dissect it. Just in case you don't think it is a good team, My partner and I came very close to beating Sethlon and Stiltzkin (who teamed together) during our doubles matches. Ha, I had the misfortune of having to having to fight Stiltz one on one when our partners got knocked out.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I will agree with a G&W/Pika combo. Bucket is the biggie, BUT its the fact that Thunder can attack AND fill the bucket at the same time. but also, G&W has powerhouse smashes as well. this makes him prefect for pikachu. I did a team of Pika/G&W and defeated a team of two meta knights.

Pikaville

I saw a nasty match go down in a doubles mess about yesterday.

Pika and Lucas/Ness is a beastly team.The lucas only died once and ended on 0%.Thunder to edgehog and heal your team.

WOW!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!

On your calling of shenanigans. MY phrase...not yours. lol

And I always double with another pika. double the Pika double the PWN is what I always say. (other than shenanigans...)
Everyone grab a broom, It's SHENANIGANS!

And double Pika is alright, but I prefer not going double on a team because you cut down on versatility that way.

Pikaville

I love that episode where they first do that.

SHENANIGANS!

Ha ha! Good fun those shenanigans!I laughed my *** of the 1st time I saw that........I mean back on topic.

RABBLE RABBLE!

gallax

Smash Hero
when i teamed with festizzio it was ok. we got wrecked if there was one MK on a team though. i wouldnt recommend it.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Last tourney I went to I teamed with this guy for the very first time and we did relatively well with Wario Pikachu.
SOme good synergy there. Wario can clap/waft after his Dsmash, and some great pressure strategies with Pika's projectiles and Wario's aerials.
Still have work to do, but looks VERY promising.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lucas/Ness teams are very overrated. Marth is a VERY good counter to Lucas, Ness, and Pika. Marth with MK is just **** waiting to happen.

Popertop

Smash Champion
We didn't think it would work either but some interesting pressure/combos happened.
We'll get vids at the next team tourney we go to.

Hey Bear, I'm just lurking the Pika boards. Maybe pick him up as a secondary.

Top Bottom