• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for Jigglypuff

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I watch team tourneys, I always watch for moments when the fighters chain moves together into an effective offense. But when watching some other tourneys, certain teams will look more or less cohesive. That got me wondering. Who is the best partner for each character? Well, since I’m a casual Brawler, and I don’t have the expertise to judge, so why not ask the experts? I originally tried this on GameFAQs, but the users in general were immature, or not qualified to give the information. Then I remembered the specific boards on Smashboards, so I brought the poll here. So who do you think the best partner is for Jigglypuff?

Rules:

- The poll will last for a week. If it becomes popular, it may last longer.
- You may only vote for one character.
- Assume friendly fire is on.
- Assume there are no items.
- After posting your answer, give a detailed reason why you choose that character. If you don’t give viable information, your vote will not be added.
- You may ask to change your vote if you have a viable reason.
- Discussion on your choices is allowed. NO FLAMES!!!
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you want to use videos to explain your reasoning, feel free to post them, but remember. I play this game casually, so you have to explain what parts of the video are important and why they are important.
- You may vote on multiple polls.
- If issues occur, I may add or remove rules, so be sure to review the list.

Bowser – 0
Captain Falcon – 0
Diddy Kong – 1
Donkey Kong – 0
Falco – 0
Fox – 0
Game & Watch – 0
Ganondorf – 0
Ice Climbers – 0
Ike – 0
Jigglypuff – 0
King Dedede – 0
Kirby – 0
Link – 0
Lucario – 0
Lucas – 0
Luigi – 0
Mario – 0
Marth – 0
Meta Knight – 1
Ness – 0
Olimar – 1
Peach – 0
Pikachu – 0
Pit – 0
Pokemon Trainer – 0
R.O.B. – 0
Samus – 0
Sheik – 0
Snake – 0
Sonic – 0
Toon Link – 0
Wario – 1
Wolf – 0
Yoshi – 0
Zelda – 0
Zero Suit Samus – 1

Replies: 8

If your vote isn’t tallied, you may have done one of the following:

- You voted for multiple people or didn’t make your answer clear
- You voted for multiple characters
- You didn’t give a good reason.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Although I've never teamed with this character b4 I belive Diddy Kong would be Jigglypuff's Best Partner. I say this because Diddy's game consists on the ground with his banana's. Normally Diddy Kong is not a good parnter because with TA on the banana's are that much harder to control with your own teammate slipping on them. To avoid Diddy Kong's banana's you usually go into the air and wait for an opportunity to strike Diddy. But if you have Jigglypuff on your team, who is in the AIR almost 3/4s of the game. Its not going to work. Diddy Kong Acts as if its still a 1v1 which he is really good at. And when opponents come into the air Jigglypuff has the advantage because the can no longer sheild.
I vote Diddy Kong.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never done this, but I think Olimar-Jiggs would work well.

Recovery-Olimar's is bad, and he needs the ledge. Jiggs doesn't need the ledge and she can help ward off attackers trying to gimp him.

Racking-Olimar racks

Killing- They both kill well. Some team strats of killing would be
1.)Olimar grabs-Jiggs rests
2.)Olimar throws them off stage with his incredibly strong throws, and Jiggs Edgeguards b/c Olimar has no edgeguarding game.

Ground and Air- Olimar has a beastly ground game whereas Jiggs has a beastly air game.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Hmm MK for me. Both MK and Puff can dominate the air which plays a pretty major role in the Smash games. My partner and I managed to place 5th at a tourney with this combination even though we were relatively new to the tourney scene (his 2nd and my first plus we only met at that tourney so no practice beforehand). <3 seeing two characters try to gimp one person offstage successfully.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
^What do you mean "balance each other out"? Could you give an example?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Like Donkey Kong and Jigglypuff. Donkey Kong has strong smashes but a strong ground and u-tilt u-smashes. This allows Jigglypuff to float in and kill while DK is smashing about, essentially protecting each other.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I've had lots of success with a Snake partner (but, that may only be because we both know each other so well).

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I like how this guy posted this topic in every single character forum.

Lucario isn't a bad choice. His uncharged AS spamming can force an opponent into the air, and Jiggs can capitalize on it. Most characters that Jiggs has trouble with, Lucario either has an advantage or is neutral against them (save a few). A Lucario up at higher percents can rack up damage fairly quick, which can lead into a rest for an easy stock. 2v1's are **** for the first reason stated, Lucario spam uncharged AS and/or walls with hitboxes to stop a ground approach, Jiggs stays above to stop an aerial approach.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
ROB.

from wherever you are on the screen he can laser tto save you from getting punished after a rest. i play doubles with icekid and go rest crazy even at low %'s cause he always saves me with the laser.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'd say rob for underscores reason.

Also floating above Robs dsmash hitting(or resting) people as they get launched into the air is epic win.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Although I've never teamed with this character b4 I belive Diddy Kong would be Jigglypuff's Best Partner. I say this because Diddy's game consists on the ground with his banana's. Normally Diddy Kong is not a good parnter because with TA on the banana's are that much harder to control with your own teammate slipping on them. To avoid Diddy Kong's banana's you usually go into the air and wait for an opportunity to strike Diddy. But if you have Jigglypuff on your team, who is in the AIR almost 3/4s of the game. Its not going to work. Diddy Kong Acts as if its still a 1v1 which he is really good at. And when opponents come into the air Jigglypuff has the advantage because the can no longer sheild.
I vote Diddy Kong.
This. I also vote Diddy

Veril

Frame Savant
Pikachu.

1. They have an incredible flow when you combine WoP and QAC into aerials. The gimping potential is par-non since recovering high, which can avoid Jiggs gimps sometimes, gets shut-down by thunder. In general thunder + Jigglypuff is very very good.

2. Jigglypuff negates any trouble pikachu would have getting off the side KOs because of the wonderful f-air.

3. Pikachu can easily avoid rollout. Jigglypuff can use rollout well as a tech-chase here.

4. Safest rests possible with QAC and/or thunderjolt canceling the lag. Numerous setups with Pika's sick grab-throw game.

5. Projectiles! Thunder and jolt complement Jiggs immensely. Thunderjolt rolls along the ground, which makes Jiggs WoP much more dangerous and difficult to respond to.

6. Both are adorable.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Pit, for a few reasons actually
I have a friend who mains pit so have have a lot of experience with this.
First pit uses his arrows to help me recover from rests, like rob, from anywhere on the map, He also cancels my sing, which leads to the ultimate death combo.

Pit doesn't need saving. and he can help you WoP with his Uair (Jiggs Dair and Pit's Uair combined is the coolest thing since bacon ice cream)

Pit reflects range attacks, keeping jiggs safer.

Pit sends things up wards a lot, so a floating puff can really hurt the launched opponent.

Pit's arrow's help you WoP

Jiggs is a grab *****, and back grab to pits U smash is pretty crazy.

The ultimate death combo is indeed ultimate death, and it goes like this.
I sing, assuming it hits, he shoots me I roll around the sleeping enemy and grab him.
Pit uses side b spam, so that it hits the guy while I'm grabbing him.(punch during the grab it speeds it up.
Then you wait for grab release, which keeps him stuck in pit's spam.
I grab again.
Repeat until you can kill him with U tilt.
Use U-tilt.

That combo is seriously crazy, especially since you don't NEED to sing to get it going, just grab, beat up, call pit, stock minus 1.

Trust me we've tried, you can't DI out of this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Of corse, it mainly depends on both the individual skills of each team mate as well as how well the two work together and how well they know each other. With that there are many possibilities for the best partner.

I think Pit would be a great partner based on what RhedKing said, although I have never actually teamed with pit. His arrows constantly rescue Jiggs after a rest, and many of his attacks hit the opponent upward which is perfect for Jiggs. The thing with that combo though is that its only affective if one of the opponents is already knocked out and the other has only one stock left(or two with high damage). Which by then almost any team would work. But over all Pit is a great partner for Jiggly.

What JigglyMaster says about Diddy Kong makes since too. If they play smart. Based on my experiences as teaming with Diddy Kong, I know he can get a little wild, and basically runs the ground, and sometimes Jumpy. If Jiggly plays low near the ground the two of them tend to collide. So Jiggly has to keep her distance. Though if Diddy handles center stage and Jiggs the edge that works great! Also if there if there is a slip up and the two Do collide, Jigglypuff can manage to survive most of his attacks. Like I said before it really depends on the individuals playing the characters. But over all This too is a really great Team up for Jiggs.

However, I also have teamed with Donkey Kong quite a bit, and this I think is the best partner for Jiggly. Donkey Kong pretty much works well with any non-spam type character. Donkey Kong's hits practically direct the opponent toward Jigglypuff. If both players are smart you can get insane damage with this team and like illinialex said, Dk's u-tilt and and u-smash make a perfect set up for a Jiggly KO. While DK Smashes anyone else who comes near. Also A good DK player And Jigglypuff both have a serious edge game. Jiggs recovery and Air game is a great assist to DK, where as Dk's firmness and ground game are a great assist to Jiggly Puff. As long As long Jiggs stays clear of his Smashes this team is an amazing combo.

So, my vote goes to DK

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
M-Cancel + Aldo = Team Smexi
(jiggs)___(snake)

Grab released rests and c4 combos.

Grab released u-tilt.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike posting:
I have fun with DDD. He's your life tank, and DDD plus Jiggs off the edge = pain. Camping DDD with a jiggs floating over top is an impenetrable wall. It's pretty awesome.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'd have to say Mr. Game & Watch and Jigglypuff would be a good team. The team shines most when someone is trying to recover. G&W can spam his Chef at the ledge, out of punish range, while Jigglypuff pressures and pushes the opponents off stage for the kill. This is a very effective strategy as it allows a lot of damage rack-up and high survivability.

On stage, Mr. Game & Watch's priority is something to make note of. It forces opponents to move in order to space punishers or dodge; this is where Jigglypuff comes in. Jigglypuff should be used to stop G&W from getting punished and to force them off the ledge.

It should also be noted that G&W is the overall greatest doubles partner, period.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Zss is the best with Jiggz for doubles, because Paralyzer -> Rest is epic

Metaknight is good to though, because its Metaknight.

But I like JigglyJigglys the best.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Idk. ROB or Olimar. Diddy would require good practice, but is probably as good of a partner as the other two.

-People will be so caught up in the pikmin ****** them, Jiggz can easily land a rest on an opponent who isn't paying attention
-Rest -> Olimars upb means Jiggz can rest safely in the air
-Olimar has a great ground game, Jiggz has a great air game
-Jiggz can keep the ledge clear for little Oli
-WoP -> Oli spike is too pro

I'd guess that the best stage for these two would be either of the pokemon stadium stages. Olimars upb goes through so many things, and the two platforms help Jiggz keep of of Olimars ground game. Same with Diddy.

Dedede would not be a good partner. His hitboxes are too big, his smashed will kill you too early, he's in the air a lot too, his waddle dee will put a hurtin' on you, and his style doesn't mesh well with yours. If you both stay away from each other it would work well, but there are better partners.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I really think that the best partners for jiggs would be anyone who has an awesome ground game. This way, Jiggs can control the air/offstage, and the parnter can control the ground/stage. This seems to be the general idea you guys are going with. Some good examples would be Olimar, Diddy and Snake.

For Oli, Jiggs can save him from edgeguarders and allow him to stay on the stage and pwn while he passes Jiggs opponents offstage for her to take care of. I'm not going to go into too much detail, since many of you have done this already. I would say though, I would think that Jiggs would be Olimar's best partner (which is different than saying that he is jiggs' best partner).

Snake is another good choice. I've herd other people using it and Mike and I have done this before and it worked out great. We didn't get as high of a placing as we would have liked, but the team itself was effective. Here, Jiggs does damage and snake KO's. Snakes can set set his traps almost as effectively as in 1v1, since jiggs is usally airborn or off the stage. Also, Snake can plant C4's on jiggs and she can deliver them using rollout if an opponent sheilds. If its an areal rollout, it will send them up, and then C4 them for the gimp.

Lastly, there is diddy. This team is where my vote is going. At our local biweekly, I teamed with Divine Haze, a diddy main, and dispite never teaming together before, we took 3rd place. Really, it doesn't require much practice. If the jiggs knows how to fight Diddy in 1v1, she should know exactly how to avoid the naners in 2v2. Here, Diddy should feel hindered with using his bananas, since jiggs will float over them. He can use them like he normally does, which will lead to epicness.

To get the most out of this team, the jiggs should be using the bananas too. Her dash attack is great for picking up the bananas, and although she can't glide toss or boost toss (which would make this undoubtable the best team for jiggs), throwing while SHing and moving forwards is almost as good. Its decent only because she has great movement. Giving jiggs a form of projectile, a projectile that causes the enemy to trip, is amazing. Ground throw>DACUS , throw while near>Dair>rest , throw while near>Dair>Grounded FS combo , and ground throw>punish roll with rest are new options jiggs has with naners.

This is why I think that DIDDY is Jiggs' best choice for doubles.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I'm not going to go into too much detail, since many of you have done this already. I would say though, I would think that Jiggs would be Olimar's best partner (which is different than saying that he is jiggs' best partner).
No. Dedede would be a better partner for Olimar. Everything Jiggly can do as a partner D3 can do better. Keep the enemys off Olimar off stage? D3 can do it, and hit them harder. Olimar interrupting Jigglypuff's rest? Why not have Olimar help D3 get an fsmash (grab release -> fmash, people getting rid of pikmin -> fmash)? Metaknight can do what Jiggz does, and better as a partner,

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
No. Dedede would be a better partner for Olimar. Everything Jiggly can do as a partner D3 can do better. Keep the enemys off Olimar off stage? D3 can do it, and hit them harder. Olimar interrupting Jigglypuff's rest? Why not have Olimar help D3 get an fsmash (grab release -> fmash, people getting rid of pikmin -> fmash)? Metaknight can do what Jiggz does, and better as a partner,
Meh, I guess, but Jiggs' edge guarding game is better than either of their's. MK and D3 have such bad aerial speed that they would have to be specifically watching olimar to be able to get over there to help him. D3's fsmash combo would be too good, but always has the risk of killing your partner too. Also, D3 can't float forever, and his upB leaves him way open, he spends alot of time on the ground. I imagine that Olimar's massive range would get through to him there. Even if the olimar is great at not hitting his teammate, it will still limit Olimar's options. A jiggs would never be in the way like that.

Meow n Stuff

Smash Rookie
ddd's dthrow to rest works randomly in match lol.

yea i agree diddy is a great partner. not only that but theres the BANANAS IN PAJAMAS lol
im gonna have to record that cause its a socal thing i do with my partner.

jumping around and helping a snake seems effective too. hes at least heavy with KO potential

Top Bottom