• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Pokkén Tournament GD/Social - Poké Center Redux Version

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wouldn't rule it out, given how often the Arcade version's balance was tweaked alongside patches (granted, usually always alongside the introduction of a new support/character).

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
It's safe to say that DLC is coming. I.e, like I mentioned before there are 4 (or 5) spots on the roster and Nia has one spot blank too.

Roster:

Nia's costumes:

My customised avatar:

D

Deleted member

Even though she's a digital character Nia is very attractive but also very helpful her suggestions have helped me through some tough spots. Pikachu is a real beast when used effectively my favourite Pokemon became my main in Pokken Tournament I'm grateful. Glad everyone's enjoying the game Smash is always my number one fighter but I hope this becomes second it's been a blast!

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
Even though she's a digital character Nia is very attractive but also very helpful her suggestions have helped me through some tough spots. Pikachu is a real beast when used effectively my favourite Pokemon became my main in Pokken Tournament I'm grateful. Glad everyone's enjoying the game Smash is always my number one fighter but I hope this becomes second it's been a blast!
I think I finally found my... waifu. :b:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Even though I'm terrible at Pokken Tournament I just can't stop playing it. Yeah, I guess I'm addicted cuz even though I own Street Fighter V I find myself playing Poken much more. :chuckle:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm hearing troubling rumors that some unscrupulous gamers are resorting to lagswitching to win their Pokken Tournament on-line matches. :mad:

D

Deleted member

Well that sucks big time. Seriously though they just gotta play the game no need to lag switch.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Well that sucks big time. Seriously though they just gotta play the game no need to lag switch.
Cheaters always rationalize their cheating by saying, "everybody is doing it". That's not at all true but I suspect it helps them ease their guilty conscience. I don't cheat and I can't imagine why anybody would in a video game. Some people worry too much about their win/loss record, I guess.

Any who, I'm still having a really good time with Pokken and I'm hoping the Nintendo NX launches with Pokken Tournament 2 with even prettier graphics. :joyful:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm hoping through either DLC or the potential sequel we get a mode titled Pokkén Tag Tournament that allows for up to 6v6 crew battles.

Or at least just double battles.

D

Deleted member

Yeah agreed they haven't really said anything about DLC but with the games popularity I don't see how they couldn't add it. There are characters like Heracross, Greninja, and maybe even Armaldo that's work great.

Karter_90

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping through either DLC or the potential sequel we get a mode titled Pokkén Tag Tournament that allows for up to 6v6 crew battles.

Or at least just double battles.
That would be pretty epic. I wish this game had a Tag Mode too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Incoming maintenance, possibly the release of the newest patch (same thing happening for Splatoon).

Only confirmed changes are the Shadow Mewtwo blockstring infinite being fixed, an "adjustment" for Reshiram, and various bug fixes.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sure seems like it took long enough... I was expecting a hotfix for Shadow Mewtwo.

I guess this is going to be an actual balance patch. Wonder what else they'll change... Don't think any one character has been overused online. With supports though, basically all you ever see is Cresselia, and supports like Reshiram. Cresselia I sorta get, but the ones like Reshiram are kinda garbage to be honest. They all come out slow, do significantly less damage in a combo or do almost nothing to a shield, and most characters can just walk out of the way in field phase. Resh is basically the anomaly because he does pretty significant shield damage.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So, uh, apparently NA got a different patch then everybody else. Mewtwo's back Y has a few changes in all versions, but in all but NA it causes a phase shift. As a result NA is isolated from the rest of the world online.

A bunch of other changes to Shadow Mewtwo also, mostly damage nerfs on his projectiles. Besides that and the Reshiram changes there's not a lot to note as far I can tell.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I think this game is somewhat lacking with its roster list. I know that it's a long stretch, but having the following Pokemon as playables should at least be considered.
  • Blastoise - Power
  • Jigglypuff - Technique
  • Entei - Power
  • Flygon - Standard
  • Deoxys - Standard
    • Attack Forme - Power
    • Defense Forme - Technique
    • Speed Forme - Speed
  • Gallade - Standard
  • Greninja - Speed
  • Hawlucha - Speed

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So it looks like Pokken reached 1,000 entrants at EVO
That's pretty good for a series (assuming there'll be more Pokken) that only started this year. Killer Instinct just barely scratched 400 entrants last year and Marvel was only around 800.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm playing Pokken Tournament on-line now much more than I do Sm4sh. It's so thrilling and appropriately rewards aggressive play that I can't put it down.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Good, I guess. Not much happened. Mewtwo had two moves nerfed a bit, S. Mewtwo had most of his field phase nerfed, and Resh isn't as dumb.

There's little consensus on who's good or bad at the moment. People seem to think Machamp, Blaziken and Garchomp are the worst and the Pikas and OG Mewtwo are the best, but then literally everybody else nobody agrees on.

Supports seem pretty balanced, though again there's not much consensus on what's good or bad. Cress is, honestly, overrated to heck. You can only use her once, even though you can use somebody like Resh twice after a cheer. Unless you're S. Mewtwo or maybe Blaziken you might as well use the separate healing and burst supports. Besides that I see a lot of Rotom/Togakiss, Jirachi/Whimsicott, and Diglet/Cubone. On the opposite end basically the only support I see called bad is Quag/Magton.

There's just not much to balance right now. It's good because they didn't butcher anybody, I suppose? Though S. Mewtwos seem to disagree, lol.

★Lime Emerald★

Smash Rookie
NNID
LimeEmerald
Sucks that SM2's pillar had to be nerfed to one hit in order to get rid of the infinite, but I can live with it I suppose.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cresselia is the definitive "all or nothing" support. She does what Espeon does only once, but the L sized HP and Synergy gain could turn the tide of any match.

That said, I do agree Espeon is better for actual debuff removing purposes, I.E. on Chandelure and Sceptile. Cresselia is better suited for glass cannons (which Chandelure technically fits, ironically) and recoil heavy fighters (be it HP pr slow-building Synergy Gauge characters).

I believe it mostly comes down to preference, as both are paired with Slow Support counterparts. Now that Reshiram is nerfed, I see a lot of people opting for Umbreon with the Support-guaranteed cheer skills.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Healing just isn't that strong in this game... You're limited to regenerating your recoverable HP pool, which you can only gain by either burning your HP yourself or blocking attacks that deal chip damage I believe. Most characters can't sacrifice HP and usually if you've been shielding that many attacks you're doing something horribly wrong. Most I've seen healed besides on S. Mewtwo was 100 damage. Sounds like a lot, but you get back a good portion anyway from phase shifts and using a burst. You're effectively wasting what you could of gained...

The math just isn't in favor of Cress. I think two Jirachis does more then what she gives in burst? Jirachi is a slower support (some lie for some reason) but even then getting two even if you don't get it from a cheer is common enough. Yes outside of Braixen.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Healing just isn't that strong in this game... You're limited to regenerating your recoverable HP pool, which you can only gain by either burning your HP yourself or blocking attacks that deal chip damage I believe. Most characters can't sacrifice HP and usually if you've been shielding that many attacks you're doing something horribly wrong. Most I've seen healed besides on S. Mewtwo was 100 damage. Sounds like a lot, but you get back a good portion anyway from phase shifts and using a burst. You're effectively wasting what you could of gained...

The math just isn't in favor of Cress. I think two Jirachis does more then what she gives in burst? Jirachi is a slower support (some lie for some reason) but even then getting two even if you don't get it from a cheer is common enough. Yes outside of Braixen.
A healing-based Pokemon would be cool, but would obviously have garbage attack stats to make up for it. It could be a legitimate stall/camp type, which would be interesting.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Most characters can't sacrifice HP and usually if you've been shielding that many attacks you're doing something horribly wrong. Most I've seen healed besides on S. Mewtwo was 100 damage. Sounds like a lot, but you get back a good portion anyway from phase shifts and using a burst. You're effectively wasting what you could of gained...
Well that's strange. I swear I've seen opponents recover 150 HP or more from Cresselia before...

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
Thats not all; According to a data miner from Reddit, there is code hinting for DLC of Scizor, Darkrai, and Empoleon.

Top Bottom