• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokethread to end all Pokethreads, Part 2

Kirye

Smash Ace
Most of what you just said I didn't understand, but here goes.

Well, a Pikachu and a Blaziken same level, Blaziken would win, but which one is already confirmed for Brawl? EXACTLY! That was the stupidest excuse i've ever heard.

Pichu repped 2nd gen, this time we don't really need one since besides Pichu, there are no wanted 2nd gen Pokemon. *Besides like Scizor and **** but yeah. =/*

1st Gen - Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff
2nd Gen - No one.
3rd Gen - Deoxys maybe
4th Gen - Lucario

I win.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Most of what you just said I didn't understand, but here goes.

Well, a Pikachu and a Blaziken same level, Blaziken would win, but which one is already confirmed for Brawl? EXACTLY! That was the stupidest excuse i've ever heard.

Pichu repped 2nd gen, this time we don't really need one since besides Pichu, there are no wanted 2nd gen Pokemon. *Besides like Scizor and **** but yeah. =/*

1st Gen - Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff
2nd Gen - No one.
3rd Gen - Deoxys maybe
4th Gen - Lucario

I win.
1.exscuse i dont see one
2.i wasnt comparing pikapooch
3.2nd gen heres a few:sneasle,ursaring,hitmotop,feraligator,typlsoion

Black/Light

Smash Master
I didn't count ^B either. I was refering to <B.

Marth and Roy are very different, too, but they both focus on swordplay. Noobs swear by Roy, tourny players master Marth, and people STILL want Roy dropped.
Lets stay on the subject of Falco and Fox shall we?. . .

If FE's example in Melee is any indication, only the first (R/B) and most recent (D/P) gens need to be represented.
Actually, world wide, the nesest gen is the 3rd gen. Any 4th gen pokemon IMO would have to have a high Japanese fan-base in order to get in because they are the only ones with the game right now.
Really, do you think they would skip the whole 3rd gen even when, world wide (as this game is being made) the 3rd gen has more fans and more recorgnized pokemon?

And Kirye's rant makes mes thinks hes needs somes prozac :lick: (but thats just IMHO. . . )

Edit- Saying there are "much better choices" is a dissgustingly opinion in the least to try to force upon people. PEOPLE WILL LIKE WHO THEY WANT TO LIKE. YOU may think so-and-so is a "better choice" than Blaze but that doesn't mean jack. Gardevoir has lil (if any) anime time yet is Japan's most wanted pokemon (over Lucario).
And ANIME don't make up which pokemon is getting in. If it did than Meowth would have been in by now. . .

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
1st gen would have to be the most unique, some newer Pokemon are kind of ripping off the old ones eg, 1st-Rattata, 2nd- Sentret, 3rd- Zigzagoon, 4th- Bippa. I draw this conclusion from the fact the every generation the Pokedex follows the same cycle - Grass starter, fire starter, water starter, weak bug, common bird, common small normal type, etc. I find every gen to be different but the first gen had all of the originals, so I'm all for first gen Pokemon.....and maybe Lucario, but that's because he's something new and and has a gigantic fanbase.

Black/Light

Smash Master
DP may not be out worldwid yet... but neither was Roy's game.
Yeah but theres a difference, FE was not hot over here at that time. It was only Japan on that one and Roys game didn't even come out before melee was released so THEY had to pick who they thought was best with out the use of fna-base.
D/P comes from a world wide series that will have been released world wide shortly before brawl. So if anything they should look at the pokemon from the 4th gen that are wanted from over in Japan as of right now (from D/P's release) to start making their choices.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Why is there so much discrimination against starters??? It's not always about popularity, sometimes it's about who fits in to Smash. Then again perhaps they may consider more than one starter....... absurd, but just a thought.

And Sakurai knows from previous polls that our taste and theirs is different. He probably won't put anyone popular in Japan in the game if there's a good chance they won't be successful over here, he admitted Marth and Roy were a gamble but there's no telling if he will take that risk again.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright, so Munchlax and Lucario for 4th gen.

EDIT: there's 36 starters. You can't just declare discrimination when there's at most 6-7 pokemon slots.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm just saying that maybe Sakurai might like one of the satarters more than the others, it is his choice after all, and it's obvious that every starter is popular to some degree.

Black/Light

Smash Master

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^Yeah, thats what I figured, just like Jpuff was.
The US/UK are alot more focused on looks than Japan. . . thats how Lucario/ Blaze/ Deoxy got their fan-bases here.

Really, there are more unique pokemon than all 3 of them put together. I personally want Mawile over most pokemon (even Lucario) now that I have started to look past the looks and into what I truly like and feel is unique.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I personally want Mawile over most pokemon (even Lucario) now that I have started to look past the looks and into what I truly like and feel is unique.
Mawile for Brawl!!!
Also if we're looking for uniqueness, how bout a character that spends much of it's time flying? Crobat may work, after all it had nothing to do with melee but, still had a trophy. That must mean something? Smash Bros. doesn't have any quadrapeds yet either.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Umbreon and Espeon are pretty coo.
I like Absol, Rentorer, Umbreon and Eevee.

But I would take Wolf Link and Midna over them.

Also, well I have Rentorer up in talk, am I the only one that finds it odd that both his and Lucario's evol lines share the same colors and they are both based on something African? (Rentorer= Lion/ Lucario= African god)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Rentorer is cool, but the reason Lucario is a cut above it, is that Lucario has the movie and is the fighting type. And it's a god you say?... that speaks for itself!

Black/Light

Smash Master
BASED off a African god (not actually one).

. . . .Hell, the only lasting reason I want Lucario in now is because he is black and could rep Black people and Africa (Based off of an African God + Has African influances in his name and design = African which is also known as Black).

But thats just IMHO. . .

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The more people say Lucario should be in Brawl, I'll slowly drift towards something else, something you woudn't expect.............. Beedrill, now that is interesting.

Kirye

Smash Ace
And Kirye's rant makes mes thinks hes needs somes prozac (but thats just IMHO. . . )
Yeah, but they'll never get that crap down my throat! Never!! =[

@Wrath: Just shut up, your lack of intelligence and decent grammar is killing my brain cells.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah, but they'll never get that crap down my throat! Never!! =[

@Wrath: Just shut up, your lack of intelligence and decent grammar is killing my brain cells.
lack of intelligence my a to da s to da s.I had this problem on another site.PUNTUATION IS NOT GRAMMER,SO SHUT UP.i DO HAVE SPELLING ERRORS,but thats all.

blazien for the 3rd gen win

Wrath`

Smash Master
stop trying to start arguments. its pathetic. maybe you should get a life or something...
N o it's pathetic you have to use the get a life as a diss.Be more creative.
ON TOPIC:the only thing i see dragonite doing is being the first dragon pokemon.thats all.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
N o it's pathetic you have to use the get a life as a diss.Be more creative.
what? im not dissing you. its a suggestion that you should consider. dont you have anything better to do than annoy people over the internet?
ON TOPIC:the only thing i see dragonite doing is being the first dragon pokemon.thats all.
if thats all you can see in Dragonite, you must be blind...

Wrath`

Smash Master
what? im not dissing you. its a suggestion that you should consider. dont you have anything better to do than annoy people over the internet?
if thats all you can see in Dragonite, you must be blind...
1.I have plenty of other things to do.just not durring the times I'm here.
2.If you dont see anything in blaziken your blind....

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
1.I have plenty of other things to do.just not durring the times I'm here.
well then find something else to do during the times you are usually here. believe it or not, no one appreciates your presence.
2.If you dont see anything in blaziken your blind....
even though thats just an opinion and i may auctually see SOME things in Blaziken, i would appreciate it if you would list some things in Blaziken.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Allright.Here a list of why YOU should apreciate blaziken.
1.first fire pokemon
2.first 3rd gen pokemon
3near same hight as mewtwo
4.Hands that can grab decently
5.He looks cool(no importance)
6.One of the hoenn starters
7.Potiential for cool movesets

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Allright.Here a list of why YOU should apreciate blaziken.
appreciate Blaziken? ... no, that makes no sense
1.first fire pokemon
no, its not the first fire pokemon
2.first 3rd gen pokemon
according to the pokedex, Treecko is the first 3rd gen pokemon
3near same hight as mewtwo
oh yeah! that is such a big deal that i have to appreciate Blaziken over it, huh? dont list BS
4.Hands that can grab decently
gee, thats unique, rare and respectable
5.He looks cool(no importance)
dont post BS opinions please. alot of BS doesnt make me appreciate anything
6.One of the hoenn starters
yeah, go ahead and list as much BS as you can. the fact that it is a starter adds contraversy and a reason why it shouldnt be in
7.Potiential for cool movesets
does "cool" translate to "boring" to you?
responces in blue

Wrath`

Smash Master
AS in brawl dumb ans.Not the pokemon game in general.

Why dont you give me a list of why i should apreciate dragonite.@ kaid. why dont you do the same for lucario

Black/Light

Smash Master
My goodness WoK, will you stop this?!?

I don't really want to help you but if I see anymore complete BS reasons come from F-O (seeing as I see SOO many wholes in his argument) I will be forced to stand up for Blaze.

It's like. . . someone Im friends with MADE me baby-sit their kid and said kid keeps effing with some bigger teenager whos putting said friend's name down so inorder to protect the honor of my friend I will have to smack down this teen's BS somewhere down the line.
(Blaze being my "friend"/ WoK being the kid/ F-O being the teen and me being the babysitter:p )

kaid

Smash Master
Fierce Oni was always the weakest debator of us three.

Wrath doesn't seem to be taking you declaring yourself an enemy seriously, Blacklight. Perhaps you should start debating him?

Top Bottom