• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mega Scizor... Yeah everything else is pretty much ****ed.

Riddle where are you getting Rocks from? Mega Scizor has access to SR somehow?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's just Dark Magician. :p

By the way, in terms of moveset changes, Flareon apparently gets Flare Blitz now!

I'm surprised Dragonite and Salamence Mega Evolutions haven't been found yet, I would assume they would get the same treatment as the other Psuedos. And I'm still hopeful for a Yanmega Mega Evolution, maybe making it Bug/Dragon like an actual dragonfly.
has every pseudo-sans goodra got it though? i don't think haxorus does

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Mega Scizor... Yeah everything else is pretty much ****ed.

Riddle where are you getting Rocks from? Mega Scizor has access to SR somehow?
sorry i was just talking with friends about it

still he probably has some other useful utility. i'mma go dig through his movepool to see if it's not all offense all the time.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Metagross is a Psuedo and also doesn't have a Mega.

Not gonna lie I'm pretty jealous of the plethora of people playing the game already.

12 hours to go :(

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
btw has anyone noticed on the serebii site they have houndour and houndoom on x exclusive but have mega houndoom as a Y exclusive with the item being available in Y?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It might be like Tyranitar and Aggron where their stones are in the game they're not catchable in.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
btw has anyone noticed on the serebii site they have houndour and houndoom on x exclusive but have mega houndoom as a Y exclusive?
I did notice that. It's also the other way around for Mega Manectric (Y exclusive with the Mega Stone being in X). This could be to force trades between the two versions. Not sure how I feel about this oddball discovery, though I will admit I'm liking all the Megas now. They've either grown onto me, or I liked them from the get-go. Plus, knowing that only one can be used per side in a battle is nice.

Only thing bugging me about the stones is there isn't an X and Y version of every single Mega confirmed. However, I doubt they would as that would be overkill. Surprised that there's only been the Mega Mewtwo as the only confirmed Legendary-based Mega Stones. Figured there'd be more of them.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Supposedly the thing they did with Houndoom and Manectric is also happening with Aggron and Tyranitar. Xgets Aggron but Y gets the mega stone, and vice versa for Tyranitar.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
my birthday was a couple days ago so I'll be getting getting it on launch :p regardless i did pre order it a while back and paid off 15 of the total

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Anyone with knowledge of GameStop policy, if I preordered both games there, but I only want to get 1 after all, can I transfer the funds from one game onto the other?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well its out so we can find the rest of the mega forms in the game since we already discovered all of the new pokemon (unbelievable theres only 3 new legends created)
(Ps i don't own a 3ds)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Skull Bash's damage was increased to 130

That's better than Giga Impact technically and takes the same amount of turns...assuming you can survive that long

Skull Bash always confused me why it would take 2 turns

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I either got very lucky in mine or they've adjusted gender ratios for starters.

Female Fennekin. :x

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3 and a half hours into the game so far...

First impressions:

THE GOOD
- Underestimated how gorgeous the graphics were screenshots really don't do this game justice.
- Reviewers weren't kidding when they said the standing and battle animations really bring your Pokemon to life; they look fantastic and really help give each Pokemon their own personality.
- EV/Super Training is EXTREMELY useful... Was able to fully EV train my lvl 6 Chespin (252 atk/def and a bit of speed for killing my rival's Froakie) in about 2 hours and I was actually having fun while doing it. Won't go into details but EV training the rest of my team won't take nearly nearly as long as it did for Chespin. Only downside is that my Chespin pretty much steamrolls everything with his superior atk/def but who cares cause he's a boss by nature.
- There are Pokemon up the ass this time around... I've already caught over 15 different Pokemon in just 2 routes.

THE BAD
- Story and rivals seem very bland so far.

Overall I can't freaking wait to keep playing! Too bad I have school work up the ass and won't be able to play again till later tonight. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I either got very lucky in mine or they've adjusted gender ratios for starters.

Female Fennekin. :x
A surprising amount of people are getting female fennikens

BUT other have had to soft reset over and over to get one.

It's just some sort of bizarre luck I think

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I was starting to worry that doing a Nuzlocke of this game was going to be really easy.

Then a Fletchling three levels under my Caterpie Tackled it for a third of its health and it died. >_<

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So more than half your playtime has been EV training?

Yeah I didn't even mean to do it for that long it just kinda happened. Once I started I got hooked and couldn't stop. The minigames are pretty fun and I realized if I fully EV trained my Chespin it would save tons of time in the future for EV training everything else so I figured "might as well just grind it out now."

It's just some sort of bizarre luck I think
Speaking of bizarre luck my Chespin came out to be Impish on the first try (most preferred nature). That's a 1 in 25 chance in happening... Even less when you consider my preferred gender was male as well.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
A few (major) story spoilers:
Team Flare wants to use an "ultimate weapon" that was used in a war around 3,000 years ago in order to cleanse the world and make it beautiful.

In order to do that, one of the things they need is the life energy from Pokemon, and they use these stones on Route 10 which normally give out energy, and reverse them, making them suck life energy from the Pokemon on the route, presumably killing them.
Untitled-2.png
Yeah...it's unsettling.

-----

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
It seems like shiny Pokemon are definitely easier to be caught.

Also, in other news, like how there is a new move that sets up weather for Electric types, they also have added one for Grass type, too.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Apparently a friend of mine ran into a shiny Pidgey before he even got Pokeballs (I'm assuming he didn't bother to check out anything in the first town).

I laughed hysterically.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah quite a few people on Serebii have said they've found shinies early as well.

I think GF heightened the encounter percentage... Not that I'm complaining. 5 generations of Pokemon and I've only seen ONE shiny. >.>

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I spent 2 (Mostly non connected) hours trying to get a good nature for my Froakie and still ending up settling for an ok one

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah quite a few people on Serebii have said they've found shinies early as well.

I think GF heightened the encounter percentage... Not that I'm complaining. 5 generations of Pokemon and I've only seen ONE shiny. >.>
I've personally seen two, and both were in my file of Diamond where I clocked close to 700 hours.

My first was a Gloom (interesting fact! Gloom was also the first shiny I ever got in Pokemon Rumble) and my second was a Bidoof.

I haven't gotten to the 2nd gym yet to affirm my skepticism, but this game is either really freaking easy to get overleveled in or the gyms feature some crazy as hell level spikes. I'm personally hoping that it's the latter, as this will be the most disappointing Nuzlocke ever if it isn't the case.

It's just so easy thus far. I haven't lost anything since the Caterpie, and I've only had one battle thus far where anything was even slightly threatened. And I have way too many goddamn Pokeballs. I found myself not even caring that it took four to catch Snorlax.

Interesting fact! Despite how plentiful each route happens to be with Pokemon, everything that's happened to be the first in the route for me has been either Normal, Psychic, or Poison. Considering I chose Fennekin and Bulbasaur as my two starters and Pidgey was the first thing I caught that managed to live beyond level 10...no bueno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Berry patches really ARE back! I loved planting berries as a daily routine in gen 4

I hacked to get them in gen 5 because the pots weren't cuttin it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom