• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Video Game World Championships - August 14, 2010

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do it if you could use legal hacking, I am just to lazy to EV train and such, either that or shoddy spoiled me:p

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
If I owned a game other than my trusty Blue version and had a way to get there, I'd think about it.

For me it'd be a massively uphill battle considering I know jack about EV training (not the mechanics of it, but effective places to train for stats etc.) and breeding for IVs and hunting down all the TMs I'd need....i dunno, it's really too much work for a lot of us.

The VGC meta is interesting though, I'll give it that. If I weren't on a mac I'd probably have at least tried doubles via netbattle.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I would but I never got my team ready. I need to SR two good pokemon and breed another 5..and I'm just doing too much stuff to get that done. (I could AR it, but unlike the people here, I like breeding/leveling/getting moves, though I don't level them to 100)

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
If I owned a game other than my trusty Blue version and had a way to get there, I'd think about it.

For me it'd be a massively uphill battle considering I know jack about EV training (not the mechanics of it, but effective places to train for stats etc.) and breeding for IVs and hunting down all the TMs I'd need....i dunno, it's really too much work for a lot of us.

The VGC meta is interesting though, I'll give it that. If I weren't on a mac I'd probably have at least tried doubles via netbattle.
You can try Pokemon Online, it's less glitchy than Netbattle and it runs on mac (though only Leopard and above), and it has a VGC ladder:

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?30-Mac-Compatibility&p=1255&viewfull=1#post1255

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Good luck :)

EDIT: Finally dl'ed PO and I gotta say its interface is very nice. I'm going to give this some playtesting after finals week is over lol

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Meh, got knocked out by a hacker in round 3 and didn't catch him on it...if it weren't for being able to hang out with some friends over there I would've called this a wasted trip.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Meh, got knocked out by a hacker in round 3 and didn't catch him on it...if it weren't for being able to hang out with some friends over there I would've called this a wasted trip.
I thought VGC got all hackers, how would one tell then if you hacked a completely legitimate set if they cant even catch all illegitimate sets.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
When he won round 4 and then got hack checked and dqed when he tried to enter finalists lounge. By then it was too late to get back in.
It would be nice if they could put players who lose to someone who later gets dqed back into the round they lost in (they continuously register players and then put them into stations as spots open up because there's so many people) but they can't for some reason.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It turns out a kid and his dad made it to the finals with the kid winning. I'm pretty shocked. Not that there is anything wrong with a kid winning but I thought someone from smogon or another, older player would have won.

I guess a lot of people didn't attend because of the weird rules that they had in place.

Just a quick question, what is the reward for winning the national tourney?

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
It turns out a kid and his dad made it to the finals with the kid winning. I'm pretty shocked. Not that there is anything wrong with a kid winning but I thought someone from smogon or another, older player would have won.

I guess a lot of people didn't attend because of the weird rules that they had in place.

Just a quick question, what is the reward for winning the national tourney?
Well, the entire family really is that strong...and there were even a number of smogoners there, including myself.

As for the 1st place prizes at nationals, they are: a DSi, a Wii, and a paid trip to the world championships in Hawaii.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i made it to round 4, was really fun

i wasnt prepared for the lead the guy was running i lost to, but there was still some things that could have redeemed me and get me to win

unfortunately the 2 key moves i needed to stay in the game (toxic and draco meteor) missed which ruined my chances. i used toxic move 2 in the game on a scarf'd ogre to weaken its spout more and more but it missed and I didn't have a change to use it again and his ogre stayed strong.
then draco meteor missed his mewtwo which woulda killed it giving my blissey time to heal up and do other things. mewtwo originally crit my blissey with aura sphere getting it to too low health to catch up with enough time to use another toxic on ogre.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
I'm actually gonna enter this year, since the finals are in Hawaii. I'm going to the last chance qualifier and see if I can get in. The only thing about this kinda stuff is there's NEVER a regional for Hawaii residents. None of these people realize it costs like $500 just to fly to Cali, the closest state to us, so they never include Hawaii D:

So thank god it's out here this year! I think I'm gonna train up a Kyogre to help against other Ubers...My team's pretty good but I don't know if they can take EV trained Ubers as well.

I'm also super stoked it's double battles. I do doubles waaay better than singles, I don't get why more people don't do doubles. It makes things way more engaging, more strategies in play, etc.

Top Bottom