• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the Japanese voice of Pokemon Trainer, especially the echo effect thing when calling out the Final Smash...

Anyone else but me get the bad feeling they are going to use Ash's voice for the English version though???

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
I like the Japanese voice of Pokemon Trainer, especially the echo effect thing when calling out the Final Smash...

Anyone else but me get the bad feeling they are going to use Ash's voice for the English version though???
Oh hell no. I really think they're not gonna give PT an English voice.

But. . . If you're familiar with the anime, you'd know that ash's original English voice actor got fired. (I mean the Season 1 voice). If PT's gonna have a voice, they're probably gonna find a fresh new never heard of voice actor. Well that's my view anyway.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Oh hell no. I really think they're not gonna give PT an English voice.

But. . . If you're familiar with the anime, you'd know that ash's original English voice actor got fired. (I mean the Season 1 voice). If PT's gonna have a voice, they're probably gonna find a fresh new never heard of voice actor. Well that's my view anyway.
why would they not have a english voice actor? If hes gonna be giving commands the whole match (which ive heard he is) im sure that they will be getting an english voice actor.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Well, in the video, apparentely, he only talks in the FS and on switches. For example, when Charizard entered, he only said "Rizaadon", and nothing about Flamethrower.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I don't think it would've been good for the PT to yell every special. But yelling the change and the FS is great!
And Charizards A moves should involve his tail for some. Who has a fire whip? That's awesome haha!
I really love how they're applying the way the game is played to smash bros. The trainer stands while the Pokes fight for him, the Pikmin latch on while Olimar throws them. Everything is so fitting and unique!

rainbowkirby100

Smash Cadet
Red can't punch and kick. But still, he may be able to fight. Here's a funny backstory. "Red began selfe-defense lessons when he was 5. He became a black belt when he turned 11. He fights at the gym when he has time." Very likely, Nintendo. Better off seeing a catfight.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
i call for more discussion of movesets and effective combos rather than wondering what colors ptrain can be or how its possible for him to follow moving stages. I mean its interesting but lets start getting into the actual gameplay. people that have actually played the game so far i want to discuss possible combos with you! who's with me?

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
Ill throw you guys some info:
If you don't choose a starter, you'll start with ivysaur. The pkmn trainer stays in the backround and looks like an enemy every now and then. Down B switches charizard, squirtle, ivysaur in that order. you can switch pokemon to avoid final smashes sometimes.

Ivysaur is great at attacking upwards:
A-vine whip (self explanitory)
Side Smash-He pushes himself up with his vines and hits you
down smash - he spins and whips at your feet
up smash - stun spore (no, it doesnt stun you)
B - bullet seed straight up. can go on forever
Side B - Razor leaf
up B - vine whip. if you hit someone (hard to do) theyll go flying. use it for tether rcovery.
air attacks are nothing special. regular type jump.

Squirtle is crazy fast, and has a great moveset.
A-What do you think?
side smash - he hits you hard.
up smash- hydro pump. he jumps and sends up 2 jets next to him to above his head.
down smash - withdraw (he shoots water from his shell)
b-water gun(chargeable)
side B- ? he withdraws, and spins across the stage on his belly. he makes a mr. saturn sound when he hits you.
up b- waterfall. he does a long arc jump on a wave, and it crashes at the end. he can carry people with it.

CHARIZARD!!! big, fast enough, and strong as hell
a-slash. he uses scratch twice, then does a big slash.
side smash-headbutt
up smash-spreads his wings and jumps hard.
down smash-he does a short hop, then lands with earthquake!
b-flamethrower(powerful as hell)
side b-rock smash-mad powerful
up B-fly. flaming fly.
he can jump thrice and glide

their grabs are pretty cool. Its awesome to have speed, strength, and mediocrity all in one character. Lucario is really really sick too, but he replaced mewtwo. Pokemon trainer is definately my favorite character.:chuckle:

ngtm

Smash Cadet
goodmornevery1: ivysaur's air attacks are pretty good especially if you look at the up and down airs...the up air is akin to fox's upair and the down air is a pretty good spike...

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
hey, youre right! I still dont like using ivysaur as much as I do the other 2. His tether rcovery is tough to pull off sometimes. the other 2 are always trusty. Pokemon trainer rocks. Ive pretty much been maining him, falco, peach, and ike.

Pokemon trainer gives you all you need though. and falco will always rule.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PKMN Trainer's alternate colors really suck...

Ya think they could have thought of something more original...

Sticking to primary color when using him...

Black/Light

Smash Master
All I wanted was my Black/ Shiny Char dam***! :mad:

It's just a dark color. . .EVERYONE has a dark color but the pokemon! Oh yea. . .Lucario has a dark/ gray color but thats all. . . :ohwell:

This is the type of thing I hope they give us with DLC. F*** characters, Im cool with the roster. I just want more color changes and more taunts to download.

We are missing out on a perfectly good color for PT. Squirtle squad Shades Squirtle (or maybe even a black ribbon around the head to make him a Ninja Squirtle) / Shiny Char/ Goth Bulb Ivy. . .all good colors for the pokemon.

Please Nintendo. . .let this happen. I can bearly see the difference between the Char colors other than ugly green.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shiny colors for the pokemon should have been obvious...But Nooooo

We didn't get that with ANY of them...

jr16

Smash Rookie
Maybe his pokeball could briefly capture the opponent. Like a projectile version of Yoshi's move.
Thats exactly what i was think have the pokeball bounce off the character suck the opponent in and levitate back to "Reds's" hands.. and possibly have him beable to throw the filled ball a short distance after capturing the opponent

infernovia

Smash Ace
Ok, quick thought, but I think it might be safe to switch on mario circuit because you can use the cars as a cover (invulnerable/lack of presence allowing you to avoid damage). I am watching people get mauled when switching so just thought I would post that.

This pokemon change thing would be a lot more useful if you could "move" while switching...

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
it would have been cool to have a really green charizard color. and no, not the snot colored one in the game lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
I think they should have had a costume where every pokemon is their shiny counterpart...Black Charizard would be soooooo badass!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I heard rumors ( RUMORS ) that there'll be downloadable content... specifically, costumes. Including some for the Pokemon Trainer?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Very unlikely, Nintendo isn't the type to do downloads or updates, not to mention the lack of storage space on Wii's.

Top Bottom