• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
This is very true, I think the bird will be in UU. IT makes me think of skill link cincino sets. I do think we will get a new multi hit flying move though, and maybe one of it's second type if it gets one.
It's waaaaay to early for saying what tiers a pokemon will be in. All we know are it's base evolutions typings and Ability. We don't know its stats, final typings, moveset, etc. Same thing goes for Yungoose. A good abiliyy doesn't make a good mon.

Not to mention, these are the Route 1 mons which are for the vast majority, pretty lackluster. Sure, Talonflame, Staraptor, and Diggersby are good, But compare that to the massive amount of "meh" we get otherwise. Raticate, Fearow, Noctowl, Furret, Linoone, Mightyena, Stoutland, Watchog, Bibarel, etc. Odds are against these 2

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I guess it all comes down to if Pikipek's fully evolved form has a good attack and speed stat. If it does get Bullet Seed, then anything with a double weakness against Grass-type attacks will have to think twice about switching in.

As for Fury Attack, it's too weak to use over Return, and can miss.
Then we'd either need a new move entirely or have Fury attack with at least spike Cannon's power and accuracy.. the 100 combined base power shouldn't make that much if a difference compared to Return's 102 base power since it would beat out a sash unlike return.. if it gets SD with good speed then it may slightly be at Cloyster's level without the defense, and Special defense reduction.. depending on the outcome Cinccino may drop in favor of pikipek's fully evolved because of that second typing..
It's waaaaay to early for saying what tiers a pokemon will be in. All we know are it's base evolutions typings and Ability. We don't know its stats, final typings, moveset, etc. Same thing goes for Yungoose. A good abiliyy doesn't make a good mon.

Not to mention, these are the Route 1 mons which are for the vast majority, pretty lackluster. Sure, Talonflame, Staraptor, and Diggersby are good, But compare that to the massive amount of "meh" we get otherwise. Raticate, Fearow, Noctowl, Furret, Linoone, Mightyena, Stoutland, Watchog, Bibarel, etc. Odds are against these 2
True a Pokemon could end up with a good abilities, stat placements but still not even get close to UU because of movepool.. (Zebstrika comes to mind). Although all those other Pokemon categorized as meh didn't really have a good ability that would help it excel in something.. those that got good abilities (Mightyena and Stoutland) were just outclassed by other Pokemon because of their better typing and stats for Mightyena.. the fully evolved form of pikipek just needs to have comparable stats to Cinccino and Ambipom (both of whom are currently in RU) but because of the Flying type with potentially a flying multi-hit move it will surpass them and potentially into UU, BL2 or force them down to NU (which they could end up in BL3). Cinccino is more likely to fall because Ambipom still has Fake out as one of its niches.. pikipek is in a much better position as of now then the other one imo. But we still need to wait for gf to reveal more information about these two to confirm their tier placement..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Magearna's ability is kinda useless if you don't double battle

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Welllllll... we can't be 100% sure yet. All the descriptions for the ability say that it raises Magearna's SpAtt when a pokemon "in the area" faints. I know the video showed the stat gain when your other pokemon fainted, but that could be just to focus on THAT PART of the ability. For all we know, this could be an upgraded, special version of Moxie. Which I would be down for.

Sun & Moon Double Pack confirmed (for Japan). It contains two sets of serial codes for 100 Poke Balls each.

Also, two new New Nintendo 3DS LL special edition consoles confirmed (also for Japan):

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is very true, I think the bird will be in UU. IT makes me think of skill link cincino sets. I do think we will get a new multi hit flying move though, and maybe one of it's second type if it gets one.
Still, we've seen how Staraptor and Talonflame can be major beasts, and even Swellow can be a big threat once it gets Guts activated.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I like that the abilities seem a lot stronger now. They may be doing away with the hidden ability shtick and just giving everybody useful ones from the get-go, or at least the new ones.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I like that the abilities seem a lot stronger now. They may be doing away with the hidden ability shtick and just giving everybody useful ones from the get-go, or at least the new ones.
It would be good, but lets remember this is still an RPG and all of those situational abilities exist for bosses, roadblocks, and overworld gimmicks. And I hope they give the regional Pokemon way better movepools.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure that extra abilities will continue to exist, especially if horde battles return.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I know, I was just taking a random fun guess. Also I'm thinking that the dog and kola are early route mons. Which is a huge amount.

The dex seems to be bigger. The kola I guess lives in the woods with the bug and probably another bug type. I also can only assume that the mongoose's enemy is on route 1 as well.
It could work like retaliate though.I don't know though. Most mythica's get overlooked anyway. Genesect seems to be used often and occasionally diancie.

Still, we've seen how Staraptor and Talonflame can be major beasts, and even Swellow can be a big threat once it gets Guts activated.
Very true, with pursuit, he could deal X4 to X8 damage(if the pokemon is dual weak to dark, but I don't believe this has happened yet.)

And here is something interesting:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/26754470/username-nintendo

Sun and moon is listed with having gambling and mild language and use of alcohol. Interesting....

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Doesn't Magerna's ability bring its Special Attack up by one stage everytime another Pokemon faints? If so then it is far from useless.

And here is something interesting:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/26754470/username-nintendo

Sun and moon is listed with having gambling and mild language and use of alcohol. Interesting....
Why in the hell would Pokemon have cursing and alcohol use in it? More importantly, you'd think Nintendo would state that a big change like this would be happening by now.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't Magerna's ability bring its Special Attack up by one stage everytime another Pokemon faints? If so then it is far from useless.

Why in the hell would Pokemon have cursing and alcohol use in it? More importantly, you'd think Nintendo would state that a big change like this would be happening by now.

The video made it look like pokemon on your own team

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

My theory: Game Corner is back, there will be a drunk joke like in Red/Green or something like that, by suggestive themes I guess the game will be pure innunendo like XY, and language maybe will be things like "damn."
They do mildly swear like Damn or Crap in the Japanese version off the anime. Innuendo's makes sense as well. I could see the game get slightly more mature and darker plot wise. I wouldn't mind either of these though. IT could work if done right.

And I really hope the Game corner's back! It's my favorite thing. Europe was a main force in removing it though from what I remember hearing, don't know if true though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll feel weird to see a mainstream Pokemon title be given the E10+ treatment, especially after going through many years with just an E rating.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It is incredible Pokemon games have always gotten away with their dark stuff. Mom Marowak and Lysandre died during the plot, psycho Cyrus/Lysandre wanted to kill everone, meteorite/monsters about to destroy the world in ORAS, Ghetsis is guilty of attempted murder and it is implied his Hydreigon ripped his arm off, etc.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It is incredible Pokemon games have always gotten away with their dark stuff. Mom Marowak and Lysandre died during the plot, psycho Cyrus/Lysandre wanted to kill everone, meteorite/monsters about to destroy the world in ORAS, Ghetsis is guilty of attempted murder and it is implied his Hydreigon ripped his arm off, etc.
True, but lysandre could be immortal, he said he'd make your character and co immortal so maybe he is alive but buried alive and can't die. Which still be pretty dark.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, it has never been confirmed that Lysandre perished after the final trainer battle against him. For all we know, he probably survived, but disappeared without a trace.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
They do mildly swear like Damn or Crap in the Japanese version off the anime. Innuendo's makes sense as well. I could see the game get slightly more mature and darker plot wise. I wouldn't mind either of these though. IT could work if done right.
Yeah, I know that the Japan versions of both the games and the anime have that stuff, but the western versions have them censored out, and judging from the looks of things, it goes by ESRB's standards which, unless CERO has the same standards, is really odd, especially when the game's primary targets are kids from the looks of things.

It'll feel weird to see a mainstream Pokemon title be given the E10+ treatment, especially after going through many years with just an E rating.
It wouldn't have E+10 if it had usage of alcohol. That would pretty much confirm a T rating.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then perhaps the best way to fix that issue is to replace alcohol references with fruit juice.
IT does come from western press kits though. So this would mean ERSB.

Which is interesting that it wouldn't be censored. I wonder how it will be handled then.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
IT does come from western press kits though. So this would mean ERSB.

Which is interesting that it wouldn't be censored. I wonder how it will be handled then.
You know how demos are though. What you see in the demo can change in the final version of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm hoping Grubblin turns into some kind of cool electric bug

Has anyone found a theory on what he's based on?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm hoping Grubblin turns into some kind of cool electric bug

Has anyone found a theory on what he's based on?
People have pointed our what I believe is a hornet maggot which becomes a beetle irl as being it's inspiration.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beetle?

Maybe it'll use the design of Weedle's unused original final evolution:

Probably not though.
Touch this up a bit and I'd be down for it.

I still want the original fire and water Johto Starters to be made into a line.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
so when is the next date we will receive more information for Sun and Moon? or do we have a date yet?

D

Deleted member

Hoo-eee that news gave me chicken skin. Yungoos, Pikapek, and Grubin look awesome the new spirited, animations and old Pokemon and new look great. Great stuff and Battle Royal looks cool I look forward to more news when it comes.

D

Deleted member

Maybe we'll get a free demo of Pokemon Sun and Moon before release it would be cool. Guess we'll see. You play in an area with one of the starters your pick and maybe catch some Pokemon and battle other Pokemon Trainers it wouldn't spoil anything and Professor Kukui could be your guide to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe we'll get a free demo of Pokemon Sun and Moon before release it would be cool. Guess we'll see. You play in an area with one of the starters your pick and maybe catch some Pokemon and battle other Pokemon Trainers it wouldn't spoil am anything and Professor Kukui could be your guide to it.
That be cool, but I don't they'd do it. XY had it at E3. But never got it out of there. Probably because it would be datamined and reveal stuff like oras had.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Maybe we'll get a free demo of Pokemon Sun and Moon before release it would be cool. Guess we'll see. You play in an area with one of the starters your pick and maybe catch some Pokemon and battle other Pokemon Trainers it wouldn't spoil am anything and Professor Kukui could be your guide to it.
As long as its not as empty as the ORAS demo I'll be happy :lol: hopefully we can transfer those Pokemon and possibly items into the game :b: just keep it from being data mined and it'll be good

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A thought occurred to me. Items aren't transferable through PokeBank. This means that the strange souvenir will have no purposes, and was just there as a tease. It won't be needed to unlock something. Which is pretty interesting to note.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
A thought occurred to me. Items aren't transferable through PokeBank. This means that the strange souvenir will have no purposes, and was just there as a tease. It won't be needed to unlock something. Which is pretty interesting to note.
Yeah, you can't really transfer it, but it could very well still be in the game regardless and still have some purpose. I highly doubt it, but it doesn't seem impossible either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Top Bottom