• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Platinum released!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can trade with yourself over the DSI? ...that might be worth it since I don't know anyone that has a DS...or pokemon.

I always wanted a Porygon-Z, it's one of my favorite pokemon because of the crazy concept of a man made pokemon gone totally wrong...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My friend traded me the Japanese Regigigas from the movie so I can find the other Regi's in different area's of Sinnoh now. =D

UncleSam

Smash Master
My friend traded me the Japanese Regigigas from the movie so I can find the other Regi's in different area's of Sinnoh now. =D
lucky, I'll just be trading over, Regigigas and the Regi's from my diamond...
I'm trying to catch the 3 legendary birds, and Cresselia at the same time, it's annoying

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
You mean more epic than pokemon diamond/pearl, or more epic than pokemon gold/silver, where you got to fight the pokemon yellow trainer as the final battle?QUOTE]

>where you got to fight pokemon yellow trainer as the final battle
>where you got to fight pokemon yellow trainer
>pokemon yellow trainer
>Yellow

Sorry, but this made me rage so hard!!!

it was actually "Red". There was never an official "Yellow Trainer"

Its just that Red in G/S/C was based off of the trainer from the Red game, but he had Pokemon From the anime, such as the pikachu

but its definitely trainer Red and not Yellow =)

sorry, G/S/C was the best so i just had to point that out immediately!

WouW

Smash Lord
All right, I have my Platinum import.

Only problem, it's supposed to be my birthday present. Which is the 29th of this month. I have to endure a ****ing MONTH with that shiny box facing me at the PC. Argh.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You mean more epic than pokemon diamond/pearl, or more epic than pokemon gold/silver, where you got to fight the pokemon yellow trainer as the final battle?QUOTE]

>where you got to fight pokemon yellow trainer as the final battle
>where you got to fight pokemon yellow trainer
>pokemon yellow trainer
>Yellow

Sorry, but this made me rage so hard!!!

it was actually "Red". There was never an official "Yellow Trainer"

Its just that Red in G/S/C was based off of the trainer from the Red game, but he had Pokemon From the anime, such as the pikachu

but its definitely trainer Red and not Yellow =)

sorry, G/S/C was the best so i just had to point that out immediately!
First form Pikachu
3 starter pokemon

His name might be "Red," but he's from Pokemon Yellow. Blue is as well, otherwise Blue would have a starter pokemon.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
First form Pikachu
3 starter pokemon

His name might be "Red," but he's from Pokemon Yellow.
Then how is it that I have Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, and Pikachu on my team in Red? Hm...
And by G/S/C, breeding exists. So Red could technically have gotten them without permanently getting someone's starter.

They wouldn't have called him "Red" if he was supposed to be from Yellow. That just makes no sense. They would likely have called him "Ash".

Blue is as well, otherwise Blue would have a starter pokemon.
Blue didn't have an Eeveelution either. Theory debunked.

I hate this whole "Red is from Yellow" thing, sorry. I just don't get why having all three starters and a Pikachu makes him from Yellow. The Pikachu part is obvious...he's supposed to be the ultimate trainer, so they are going to give him the MASCOT of the franchise.

Red is supposed to represent Red/Blue/Green, thus they give him all of the starters. Would it really make sense if he only had one? Not to mention people would moan out the wazoo if their favorite starter wasn't in his team. If they made it rival-esque, so he has the opposite type of you, he doesn't represent Red, because Red never had the one strong against Blue. If he has the one bad against you he's not the ultimate trainer.

I think you're over-thinking it. I don't think there's a hidden meaning to him having the Pokemon he does, he's supposed to be the ultimate trainer so they gave him the ultimate Pokemon.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Then how is it that I have Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, and Pikachu on my team in Red? Hm...
And by G/S/C, breeding exists. So Red could technically have gotten them without permanently getting someone's starter.

They wouldn't have called him "Red" if he was supposed to be from Yellow. That just makes no sense. They would likely have called him "Ash".

Blue didn't have an Eeveelution either. Theory debunked.

I hate this whole "Red is from Yellow" thing, sorry. I just don't get why having all three starters and a Pikachu makes him from Yellow. The Pikachu part is obvious...he's supposed to be the ultimate trainer, so they are going to give him the MASCOT of the franchise.

Red is supposed to represent Red/Blue/Green, thus they give him all of the starters. Would it really make sense if he only had one? Not to mention people would moan out the wazoo if their favorite starter wasn't in his team. If they made it rival-esque, so he has the opposite type of you, he doesn't represent Red, because Red never had the one strong against Blue. If he has the one bad against you he's not the ultimate trainer.

I think you're over-thinking it. I don't think there's a hidden meaning to him having the Pokemon he does, he's supposed to be the ultimate trainer so they gave him the ultimate Pokemon.
I don't really care which game he's from. All three games are just the same exact events in the same exact time period, with the only difference being minor changes in the Pokemon that appear and are catchable. Although I don't mind the occational overthink.

Red's pokemon consist of the gift pokemon in yellow and the Snorlax you're forced to fight. In addition, Yellow version was meant to be a Hybrid of the Pokemon game and the anime/manga material. Thus, it would be difficult for Red to be named Yellow because
Yellow is a girl
, in addition to the fact that like the manga, Blue is Red's rival, and has nothing to do with the version of Pokemon you bought. The Red in G/S is closer to the Red in Yellow version than the Red in Red/Blue version. Thus, I personally think that the Red you face in G/S is supposed to be the Red from Pokemon Yellow, which is closer to the steriotypical manga/anime character than the Red from R/B version.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ah, I love the manga. Yellow is so cute!

Am i a pedo for saying that?
Probably not.

You know, I liked the manga right until Yellow appeared. I was kinda hoping it would lose it's very tight focus on "not getting killed" after a while and go with the lack of structure that made the Red saga entertaining. Why did they turn the Pokemon manga into a survival horror?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was very confused for a while in the Yellow Saga with everyone saying that Yellow was a boy when I was thinking the whole time I was reading it that Yellow was that little girl Red helped in the Viridian forest catch a Rattata...

Than, Yellow turned out to be a girl...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lucky, I'll just be trading over, Regigigas and the Regi's from my diamond...
I'm trying to catch the 3 legendary birds, and Cresselia at the same time, it's annoying
I guess that will fill the void. Yea, catching the three legendary birds was a pain to me as well. Also, if you need to find the Regi's on Platinum, I would gladly trade the movie Regigias to you since I have the Regigias in the Snowpoint Cave.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Any news on a date for the WiFi special key event? Still waiting for my Lawn Mower Rotom. Also, why hasn't Nintendo allowed us to let any pokemon we want follow us yet? Adding the starters to Amity Sqaure was a nice addition, but it's only one small section of the game and it's still a very limited selection. It's obviously not an impossible thing to do, hell they could just use the sprites from the Mystery Dungeon series and I wouldn't mind.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any news on a date for the WiFi special key event? Still waiting for my Lawn Mower Rotom. Also, why hasn't Nintendo allowed us to let any pokemon we want follow us yet? Adding the starters to Amity Sqaure was a nice addition, but it's only one small section of the game and it's still a very limited selection. It's obviously not an impossible thing to do, hell they could just use the sprites from the Mystery Dungeon series and I wouldn't mind.
I want the ovan Rotom...and I've been wating for the special key...

I did the steps they said to with the TV guy and stuff but it says there is no mystery gift available...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wait...I'm pretty sure it was possible in the other games, but you can give people Mystery Gifts once you've received one, correct? That above post made me remember how I had the Mystery Gift for the Secret Key, and a while after I had got it, I was messing around and found it in the Mystery Gift option in the game. I deleted it or something, I'm pretty sure...

Eh, and I haven't heard anything about an American release date for the Key.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Grrrr i wish i can get my ds back soon, i really want Plat... ;________;

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You want Nintendo to add over 400 different sprite animations to a minigame?

The problem Pokemon has always had is that there are too many pokemon. It is impossible to make the series into a real-time RPG, to add every pokemon to Amity square, and to give the pokemon the detail they deserve in Battle Revolution, because every generation of pokemon test the limits of the sprite designers, battle animators, etc. even more than the last. It's always been limitted by the ability of the programers to handle the volume of collectable creatures the series has been known for.

At least, that's what I think the answer is.

Top Bottom