• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Sorry Shiny, I'm sure it must suck to get lynched day 1 while being townie. At least you confirmed to the rest the townie win con, that's something.

And using the masterball willingly on day 1 and against a player who had no skills whatsoever would be stupid IMO, so I'm betting on it just being for flavor. And since we got the role info I don't think it's a cult leader, or at least he didn't use that skill during day 1.
I don't think the master ball was used on shiny, Shiny fled. A pokemon fleeing in this setup looks to be the flavor for lynching.
We don't know who the masterball was used on, or if there was a masterball even used. Though like I said if there is a masterball it was used on someone still alive.

D

Deleted member

Sorry Shiny, I'm sure it must suck to get lynched day 1 while being townie. At least you confirmed to the rest the townie win con, that's something.

And using the masterball willingly on day 1 and against a player who had no skills whatsoever would be stupid IMO, so I'm betting on it just being for flavor. And since we got the role info I don't think it's a cult leader, or at least he didn't use that skill during day 1.
Sorry for what happened Shiny. Trust me, I hate Day 1 mislynches and i'm glad I didn't vote for you.

With that being said, the flavor does confuse me. The Master Ball is supposed to be without fail but flavor implies that it might have not been used.
Hey, do not be sorry. It was my fault.

I thought that my win condition was a third party, so that is why I got confused. I thought killing the trainer would make me look bad, but as soon as you all said the trainer was evil, I was doomed.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I don't think the master ball was used on shiny, Shiny fled. A pokemon fleeing in this setup looks to be the flavor for lynching.
We don't know who the masterball was used on, or if there was a masterball even used. Though like I said if there is a masterball it was used on someone still alive.
Oh yeah you're right, I guess I misread the flavor. Now I'm confused, I don't know if other Pokémon was catched or not, since Shiny ran away.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's only flavor and nothing happened, we are looking too deep into the master ball issue. It could exist, but seeing that the bastardy of the game is low having stuff like that I feel is unlikely.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oh yeah you're right, I guess I misread the flavor. Now I'm confused, I don't know if other Pokémon was catched or not, since Shiny ran away.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's only flavor and nothing happened, we are looking too deep into the master ball issue. It could exist, but seeing that the bastardy of the game is low having stuff like that I feel is unlikely.
I'm thinking someone was caught, why else show a masterball gif, along with flavor text saying good choice it never fails...
I honestly think there is merit into looking into the masterball issue. why not just have it be a standard pokeball or safari ball gif, there's definitely plenty of those.
Given my role says I can not be caught, I'm thinking the Trainer gets to pick who he catches at each phase, but also has one guaranteed catch with the master ball to counter certain abilities like mine, and I'm assuming roleblocks or something.
So what I'm thinking is that if we lynch whoever the trainer is trying to catch this phase he will fail as well, cause the pokemon would run away.

D

Deleted member

I'm just wondering why Shiny said he was a spy, damnit Shiny :/

It's kinda weird to go immediatelly back to Day phase tho lol

D

Deleted member

I'm just wondering why Shiny said he was a spy, damnit Shiny :/

It's kinda weird to go immediatelly back to Day phase tho lol
It was a joke, did you not see that post I made after that?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'm thinking someone was caught, why else show a masterball gif, along with flavor text saying good choice it never fails...
I honestly think there is merit into looking into the masterball issue. why not just have it be a standard pokeball or safari ball gif, there's definitely plenty of those.
Given my role says I can not be caught, I'm thinking the Trainer gets to pick who he catches at each phase, but also has one guaranteed catch with the master ball to counter certain abilities like mine, and I'm assuming roleblocks or something.
So what I'm thinking is that if we lynch whoever the trainer is trying to catch this phase he will fail as well, cause the pokemon would run away.
It's a bit late and I'm asleep, so it seems I'm missing out on info while posting lol.

If one of your abilities specifically states that you can not be caught, then yeah, the pokeballs are probably the trainer's skills and should definitely be looked into. This would mean that each phase we take someone out by making him flee while the trainer can catch someone else... This could end bad real fast.

I'm going to sleep, hopefully my thoughts are more clear when I wake up lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On one hand, I think having the flavor point out the Master Ball thing is probably indicative of the trainer having a super-recruit method. On the other hand, the flavor has been inconsistent, so maybe it isn't indicative of anything. Hmm.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that there’s no night phases in this game.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
uh excuse me?

Also Z25 Z25 how does your roleblock work? It's a Day ability?
Okay, I'm assuming that gif and flavor text means the trainer caught a pokemon to switch to his side. Given by the info lynching can be inferred as the pokemon running away. Anyways, I'm going to reveal my role, since I feel like I can do pretty safely in this setup. I'm :063:. I have an ability called teleport that prevents me from getting caught, but the downside is my vote doesn't count. Though, I think it's more beneficial for me to keep using that ability for right now as it means there is a guaranteed town voice. At least if you believe I'm telling the truth. I am btw.

Honestly, if the gifs do matter then the masterball is probably a one use item that can catch uncatchable pokemon like myself. Though I haven't been informed I was captured so it must of been used on someone else.
This ^

D

Deleted member

So in the hypothetical that we're dealing with a Cult instead of an actual Mafia, if we kill the Trainer, do we still have to kill whoever the Trainer caught, or are they "free"?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
according to our win cons, i think all non cult pokes win the moment the trainer dies

cause it just says to lynch the trainer, not anything else, just the one

D

Deleted member

Vote: Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I know all too well what happens when you're left alone in these games....

....perhaps you can ease my suspicions? :V

D

Deleted member

I'd hope lynching the trainer would be enough. "Great, we killed the oppressor! Now to spend 5 days killing their capture Mons!"

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
if it wasn't it'll be stated in the win cons, instead its just "lynch the trianer" nadda else :V

if it wasn't **** praline then, cause after wolfies game i don't think any player wanna be lied to >->

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’d imagine that just lynching or killing the trainer would do if it is a cult scenario.

It would definitely suck otherwise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I'm practically certain that once the trainer is dead, we win. The threat has been (presumably, unless somehow the trainer caught an Oranguru since they can use Poké Balls but that's REALLY bastardy) neutralized at that point.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Vote: Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I know all too well what happens when you're left alone in these games....

....perhaps you can ease my suspicions? :V
My win condition says I win when the trainer loses.

That said I've been sick in bed with the flu. :(

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
whelp think its best to make a list of all the alive players here, going off initallly will read on back later to fill stuff up
might help we'll see
nabe = unknown
pokechu = unkown
swamp = unknown
oppo = unkown
shishoe = unkown
natz = a birb, vanilla
ura = unkown
z25 = zubat, role blocker
fire = abra, commutator
maven = a cannibal
crush = chill dude completley lost
golden = unknown
joja = unknown
alpha = hasn't even showed up yet

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
whelp think its best to make a list of all the alive players here, going off initallly will read on back later to fill stuff up
might help we'll see
nabe = unknown
pokechu = unkown
swamp = unknown
oppo = unkown
shishoe = unkown
natz = a birb, vanilla
ura = unkown
fire = abra, commutator
maven = a cannibal
crush = chill dude completley lost
golden = unknown
joja = unknown
alpha = hasn't even showed up yet
Golden said he was an ice cream cone.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gen 4 and adorable

Zap

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
also wanna make notice....z25 openly claimed a power role...a roleblocker role, given that if they still keep their abilities upon converting...maybe the trainre blew the ball on him?
You guys can use your role pms as diaries if you want.
praline ya made little attempt for us to even understand this game :V

theres no **** to make diaries for

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm from Gen 2.

D

Deleted member

also wanna make notice....z25 openly claimed a power role...a roleblocker role, given that if they still keep their abilities upon converting...maybe the trainre blew the ball on him?

praline ya made little attempt for us to even understand this game :V

theres no **** to make diaries for
I've been wondering that too. Normally, in a Mafia game, that would have gotten him killed. Power roles keeping their abilities would make sense with the flavor and would be an incentive for the trainer to go after them.

Z25 Z25
Who did you roleblock? Also, what Pokemon are you?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everything after Gen 1 sucks!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
nabe = another N
pokechu = unkown
swamp = adorable zappy gen 4
oppo = gen 2 apparenlty
shishoe = N, apparenlty, vanilla?
natz = a birb, vanilla
ura = genwunner
fire = abra, commutator
maven = a cannibal, vanilla
crush = completley lost
golden = ice cream cone
joja = unknown
AlphaSSB AlphaSSB = hasn't even showed up yet get your ass here

and there we go for what we got
I've been wondering that too. Normally, in a Mafia game, that would have gotten him killed. Power roles keeping their abilities would make sense with the flavor and would be an incentive for the trainer to go after them.

Z25 Z25
Who did you roleblock? Also, what Pokemon are you?
he claimed zubat

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Vote:Ura

How dare he.