• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm not asking for hard read dude, jfc, you're not really contributing much when all you do is ask others for THEIR reads and don't provide anything of your own.
You have to be kidding. That's how you get reads on people; reading what they say. Encouraging people to talk is how that happens.

Do you have anything to offer? Are you really only here to cripple momentum and nothing else?

D

Deleted member

You have to be kidding. That's how you get reads on people; reading what they say. Encouraging people to talk is how that happens.

Do you have anything to offer? Are you really only here to cripple momentum and nothing else?
Do you even have some self-awareness to realize what you're saying? You ask us for our reads and then refuses to give us yours.
My vote stays.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Man, this game is confusing me. So flavor means that the trainer now has 3 Pokémon on his team right? But a little reminder, unless the game has a wrong victory condition we don't need to take out the Pokémon converted, just the trainer.

Onto stuff, I'm rereading the last phase for the Z25 wagon, I really don't understand why you guys lynched a power role. Sure, there was a chance for him to have been converted, but all he did was try to accuse someone and move the game, at least that way there was discussion. It might not been correct, but reacting to that with a vote against was a bit too much.

For more recent events, I townread Nabe, he always does this if I recall, tagging people to talk and ask them so he can make some reads. If he simply doesn't have a strong read, it might be better to stay silent and wait for others to talk to make assumptions.

If you guys want my finger of suspicion, I still think Alpha is being way too inactive for my liking, and I dunno why but between his last day vote not convincing me much and this late events, I'm questioning Shish a bit. That's my two cents at the moment.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
vote crushermania
i don't like that he's still hasn't contributed much despite having a presence in parts of the thread.
So throwing a vote on me for not contributing? Might as well throw that vote towards someone who isn’t doing more than I am because I’m just trying to figure out the pattern we’re seeing here.

I’m not even a trainer as I’m from Gen 3, part fairy, and no abilities.

#HBC | Nabe

I just don't know how to approach this. Shish seems to be trying to take advantage of the game state, if you look at how he's targeting me because I'm the only one putting in footwork, and then ignoring my responses as if he had some reason to tunnel to begin with.

But Shish should be a cult recruit at best, not the leader, as he wouldn't (shouldn't) have done this bizarre avatar gimmick and acted so oddly all game if he's the leader.

Ura Ura Maven89 Maven89 Opossum Opossum How do you read this situation, particularly in regards to posts 419/420?

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I asked you a couple questions in post 418, which never got answered because you posted your role PM joke instead. I thought at the time that you had done that in response to Shish's post before yours, but I see now that you only posted that a minute after Shish's post, meaning you were responding to me by not responding. Is that the case? I'd really like an answer to those questions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just don't know how to approach this. Shish seems to be trying to take advantage of the game state, if you look at how he's targeting me because I'm the only one putting in footwork, and then ignoring my responses as if he had some reason to tunnel to begin with.

But Shish should be a cult recruit at best, not the leader, as he wouldn't (shouldn't) have done this bizarre avatar gimmick and acted so oddly all game if he's the leader.

Ura Ura Maven89 Maven89 Opossum Opossum How do you read this situation, particularly in regards to posts 419/420?

I asked you a couple questions in post 418, which never got answered because you posted your role PM joke instead. I thought at the time that you had done that in response to Shish's post before yours, but I see now that you only posted that a minute after Shish's post, meaning you were responding to me by not responding. Is that the case? I'd really like an answer to those questions.
Personally I just see it as paranoia from general lack of activity. Either that or I'm letting what happened in the Popcorn Mafia cloud my view of the situation. I just get a TvT vibe over TvM. Not sure what to think about post 420. It was likely just a joke, but ignoring your question is a little suspect. Though personally I think you bring up a decent point about Pokechu not really being his usual super sleuth self.

My two cents.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well, Shish kinda has a point but that's usually more or less your playstyle Nabe. Although it's conspicuous to say the least how both you guys are claiming similar roles or at least hinting at that.

#HBC | Nabe

I still think Maven is suspicious. Sure it may be joking, but it may be what he wants us to believe. *cue x-files theme*
Was there something that prompted you to say this? I didn't see anyone mentioning Maven at the time of this post. I'm asking also because I'm wondering if you have eyes on anyone else.

D

Deleted member

I've asked you a simple question, Nabe, and you still refuse to answer me, and then expect me to answer one of your own. Stop acting like you have any right to demand requests when you don't bring anything from yourself.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Vote: Nabe

You're throwing some really shady comments and not answering Shi's question is somewhat telling me you're not wanting to bring up your role.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Was there something that prompted you to say this? I didn't see anyone mentioning Maven at the time of this post. I'm asking also because I'm wondering if you have eyes on anyone else.
Mostly that he's still playing out the joke that he's trainer eating pokemon. I noticed most of his posts focused on that one joke. I find it suspicious because it's also meaningless content that doesn't really contribute to cult hunting,
So throwing a vote on me for not contributing? Might as well throw that vote towards someone who isn’t doing more than I am because I’m just trying to figure out the pattern we’re seeing here.

I’m not even a trainer as I’m from Gen 3, part fairy, and no abilities.
Well you're not doing a convincing job of showing that you are trying to figure things out, in my opinion. That could very well change if you contribute more than you already are.

Overall, I feel the trainer is more likely someone in the background rather than making posts, it's better for him as he doesn't want to be seen as a suspect. Especially, with how much scum benefits from being inactive when more than a few people are as well.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mostly that he's still playing out the joke that he's trainer eating pokemon. I noticed most of his posts focused on that one joke. I find it suspicious because it's also meaningless content that doesn't really contribute to cult hunting,

Well you're not doing a convincing job of showing that you are trying to figure things out, in my opinion. That could very well change if you contribute more than you already are.

Overall, I feel the trainer is more likely someone in the background rather than making posts, it's better for him as he doesn't want to be seen as a suspect. Especially, with how much scum benefits from being inactive when more than a few people are as well.
It's also possible that it could be someone who is inactive. So if the person that is lynch isn't a trainer tonight, we should put a focus on some of the inactives

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's also possible that it could be someone who is inactive. So if the person that is lynch isn't a trainer tonight, we should put a focus on some of the inactives
True enough. As stated, I really believe the trainer is not someone putting themselves in the focus. Maybe the converted pokemon, but I don't believe the trainer is trying to contribute to the thread. So in my eyes it's probably someone who's inactive in the thread, or someone who's posting enough to seem active, but doesn't really provide any meaningful information.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, throwing in my vote for Alpha today again.

Vote: Alpha

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Nothing at all? Come on discussion is what helps us here, if you're not going to contribute you're hindering us.

UNVOTE
VOTE AlphaSSB
If I have nothing to add, than I have nothing to add. I've just been watching everyone else. Learning.

I don't know who the Mafia is, nor am I going to go about voting against random people without any viable reason to. Give me something substantial if you want me to speak.

If you don't like that, than keep your vote.

#HBC | Nabe

Let's take a look at the Shish-tuation!

I'm not liking this behaviour Nabe, it seems you're just trying to deviate attention from yourself to every other possible direction.
Why don't you tell us what you think of ithers?
This could be a reasonable question, but note how it's worded in a way that suggests that Shish is annoyed at the prospect of Chu and/or Swamp answering questions about the game.

This is how I'm getting my reads. Since you're asking directly, I will too: what's the deal with the N gimmick?
This is a reasonable answer to the question. I'm saying that I don't have reads that are notable or that are worth outing at this time, and that what he's calling me out on (asking questions to others) is literally the method I'm using to get reads. Notice that throughout my other posts to other people, both prior to this post and afterwards, it is really clear which players have my attention right now. This will come into play later when Shish makes a telling comment.

That's literally completely avoiding my question dude.

No, it's not. But I already knew at this point what Shish was doing. They're suggesting that me not voicing reads because I have nothing valuable yet is the same as not voicing them because I'm avoiding the question. Perhaps Shish really does think I've avoided the question, but I choose to believe scum over dumb on this, considering the circumstances in the thread at the time. Golden had just voted for me, so the opportunity was ripe to make a move, if all you want in this game is to lynch another player. It also takes attention away from the people I'm asking questions to and puts it onto me, in an attempt to assure that I can't get reads by making me the conversation topic.

No, it's not. Do you have any hard reads yet, or could you answer my question and let me get mine?
This is a very straightforward response. I tell Shish that I've responded to his question, and I try to get back to issues that matter.

I asked you first and you didn't respond to my question.
Shish stonewalls me when I ask about his own reads. Notice that Shish never actually addresses my response or explains why it doesn't count in his eyes, which would be the right way to handle this situation if he were town actually trying to get to the bottom of things. Instead, Shish is pretending he's got me figured out, and treats me like luggage.

Do you really expect me to have hard reads already in this game? I'm working on it, and I've made that abundantly clear. Now, I'm the only one working on reads, by all indication, so you're barking up the wrong tree in a bad way.
At this point, I'm annoyed. I've been nothing but straightforward throughout this entire process. I tell Shish flatly that I'm putting in work, and that I'm the only one doing so, and that he's looking in the wrong place. If he were town, he would take a second and reread at this point rather than going into a tunnel.

I'm not asking for hard read dude, jfc, you're not really contributing much when all you do is ask others for THEIR reads and don't provide anything of your own.
In response, Shish says, "Give me something," which at this point is the same to me as saying, "I'm looking for something real that I can base your lynch on." Again, it's really clear at the time of this post where my attention is directed, and Shish is either blindly missing that, or intentionally doing so. Shish hammers on this point that I'm under-contributing, when I'm contributing far more to the game than a large group of other players, including Shish.

I point out how absolutely bat**** Shish's reasoning is, that I clearly answered the question by saying I'm working on reads, and he is trying to demonize me for doing that while pretending I'm not answering the question. I also point out, again, how Shish is only working to damper conversation at the detriment of meaningful momentum in the game, which is obviously not a town move.

Do you even have some self-awareness to realize what you're saying? You ask us for our reads and then refuses to give us yours.
My vote stays.
At this point, Shish has devolved into simply mirroring my sentence structure like a petulant child. Once again, Shish repeats the previous post verbatim without addressing anything I've said. Presumably, that's because everything that I've said devalues his one and only talking point.

I stop trying to talk to Shish, because he's only interested in being a wall for the sake of being a wall. Instead, I lay out my read on Shish, and ask others what they think of what's transpired.

I've asked you a simple question, Nabe, and you still refuse to answer me, and then expect me to answer one of your own. Stop acting like you have any right to demand requests when you don't bring anything from yourself.
Again, Shish reiterates the same talking point, verbatim, saying that I haven't answered the question, and suggesting that I'm under-contributing. "You don't have any reads," Shish says, responding to my post in which I give my read on Shish.

I've answered your question. Unbelievable.
You've yet to say anything concerning your reads besides trying to incriminate me. Unbelievable.
Again, I make a post and Shish mirrors my sentence structure while repeating his point. The only difference now is that he throws in a comment about me trying to "incriminate" him, presumably because I keep calling out his absurdly scummy tunnel on me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh.

I'm convinced.

Vote: shish

#HBC | Nabe

I think @Shishœ is worth taking a major look at.

Something's bothering me but I can't put my finger on it.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel something off about you....
This is a weird instance of parallel wording. I've already drawn a bit of attention to this, but I would be remiss in not mentioning it directly if I'm potentially lynched toDay. At minimum, it suggests Golden paying attention to Swamp at some level of consciousness. I don't have a hard read on this yet, but considering the situation and what Shish is trying to justify hammering on about me, I may as well throw incomplete, moistened, floppy reads onto the table.

#HBC | Nabe

You're throwing some really shady comments and not answering Shi's question is somewhat telling me you're not wanting to bring up your role.
Do you still feel this way given my explanation of the situation? I suspect that you just hadn't read the back-and-forth in depth, rather than genuinely thinking this.

I feel obligated to point out that scum isn't going to "not want to bring up their role". They will comfortably claim vanilla townie, which they have probably already done.

#HBC | Nabe

It's worth pointing out that it's Shish's vote on Z25 that caused the momentum that lead to the Z25 lynch. Natz voted Z25 earlier on the same page, but I don't think anyone was convinced by her reasoning, which was just anger.

I also want to clarify, I don't really think that Shish is the cult leader. But I do think that Shish is a recruit, and I know that lynching a recruit is better than a random lynch on an inactive AlphaSSB AlphaSSB who clearly doesn't know how to get the ball rolling on participating in the game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Do you still feel this way given my explanation of the situation? I suspect that you just hadn't read the back-and-forth in depth, rather than genuinely thinking this.

I feel obligated to point out that scum isn't going to "not want to bring up their role". They will comfortably claim vanilla townie, which they have probably already done.
Up until now, I was unsure even with the mixed messages between the two of you. But now that you have convinced me for the time being...

Unvote: Nabe
Vote: Shish

Now if for some reason Shish isn't the trainer, then you got an explanation to do at the next phase.

Very well then. if you feel that way, I can explain that I'm still learning the game as well as I've done pretty poorly in the other games I've encountered. So more of trying to learn the errors I made from the previous game and want to be more observing before pointing fingers and having it backfire. I haven't voted until now because I'm unsure on who to vote. I could've voted Shiny, but I didn't because I felt it wasn't right plus he got his roles confused and I didn't want to target anyone until I see something going on that sounds suspicious.

If you're not convinced by that, then feel free to remain your vote towards me as I've already stated that I am from the (imo best gen) Gen 3, part Fairy, and have no abilities. Therefore, I have no reason to be targeted except by the trainer.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
May not make it in time to really post

Rip

But I do agree with what nabe has stated

And I'd rather not see him lynched

Will definitely contribute more soon rip :( just on mobile and suuuuper super busy

Vote Shish

D

Deleted member

I'm getting real tired of Nabe simply throwing **** at me just because I questioned you.
If I get lynched, I just want everyone to note it's awfully convenient that Nabe pushed a lynch on the one with a non-Pokemon claimed, as in, someone the trainer literally wouldn't be able to catch. He's not even being subtle with taking me out, he sees me as a threat to his team and unless the others voting for me are sided with him as well, you better take a good look at what he's doing.
I don't think he's the trainer himself as that would be a stuoidly bold move to make but it's clear he's likely one of the converted.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh wait Shish is N

I don't think he'd fakeclaim that

That seems legit
Would be dumb to lynch N

#HBC | Nabe

Votecount

Shish (3): Nabe, Swamp, Crusher
Alpha (3): Maven, Fire, Ura

Nabe (2): Golden, Shish

I'm getting real tired of Nabe simply throwing **** at me just because I questioned you.
If I get lynched, I just want everyone to note it's awfully convenient that Nabe pushed a lynch on the one with a non-Pokemon claimed, as in, someone the trainer literally wouldn't be able to catch. He's not even being subtle with taking me out, he sees me as a threat to his team and unless the others voting for me are sided with him as well, you better take a good look at what he's doing.
I don't think he's the trainer himself as that would be a stuoidly bold move to make but it's clear he's likely one of the converted.
Are you claiming non-Pokemon? Because, here's the thing.
If you're doing that, I haven't seen you do it, aside from
a sideways hint in your avatar, which only serves to inform
the cult of your supposed non-Pokemon role. And then,
when I directly ask you about it, you refuse to talk
about it, even though you made it your avatar???

To me, that defeats the purpose? But, by all means, say that you're obviously town, and keep tunneling me when I'm clearly responding to you, and don't provide any valuable input, or indeed, anything at all. That will definitely make you obviously town.

Top Bottom