• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemafia: Safari Zoned: Six Pokeballs In Hand (END) Wild Pokemon Win

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
The thing is, if Shish is really N, then isn't he likely to be some sort of Pokemon releaser / cult deprogrammer? Why is a role like that openly wearing it in their avatar, and why are they tunneling someone who, if they were Cult (note: I'm not) would be 75% likely to be a recruit they could deprogram?

If Shish is any role in this game, it's one of two:

1) The trainer, thinking they'll get away with claiming N, or
2) He is N, but N is another non-town role that has some other goal.

Why would there just be a town N floating around meaninglessly in the game, and why would Shish put N in his avatar thus warning the cult that he can't be recruited?

Pokechu Pokechu

D

Deleted member

Votecount

Shish (3): Nabe, Swamp, Crusher
Alpha (3): Maven, Fire, Ura

Nabe (2): Golden, Shish

Are you claiming non-Pokemon? Because, here's the thing.
If you're doing that, I haven't seen you do it, aside from
a sideways hint in your avatar, which only serves to inform
the cult of your supposed non-Pokemon role. And then,
when I directly ask you about it, you refuse to talk
about it, even though you made it your avatar???

To me, that defeats the purpose? But, by all means, say that you're obviously town, and keep tunneling me when I'm clearly responding to you, and don't provide any valuable input, or indeed, anything at all. That will definitely make you obviously town.
You're the one antagonizing me when all I did was question me.

And I've been doing this for the past 3 games, what the **** did you think it meant? Are you telling me you genuinely didn't catch onto my claim?

#HBC | Nabe

@Shishœ
Hey, the lynch isn't you. What are your sober thoughts on this?

The thing is, if Shish is really N, then isn't he likely to be some sort of Pokemon releaser / cult deprogrammer? Why is a role like that openly wearing it in their avatar, and why are they tunneling someone who, if they were Cult (note: I'm not) would be 75% likely to be a recruit they could deprogram?

If Shish is any role in this game, it's one of two:

1) The trainer, thinking they'll get away with claiming N, or
2) He is N, but N is another non-town role that has some other goal.

Why would there just be a town N floating around meaninglessly in the game, and why would Shish put N in his avatar thus warning the cult that he can't be recruited?

Pokechu Pokechu

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ohhh

Okay what Nabe said makes sense

especially if the master ball is like a strongman because the doctor hasn't claimed why would N

How long do we have for the tiebreaker?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Stop already! What did I deserve to have to deal with a child like you? Why do you insist on ignoring me? Het get back here!

Finally stopped, eh? Ah, a pokemon battle! Finally I’ll see how you battle!
.........you’re really not that good, are you? Well I guess it can’t be helped you are new to this. Your pokemon was ko’ed pretty quickly.

“They drive away attackers by unleashing psychic power. They can use telepathy to talk with others.”

You have no ability. Only your mind and your vote.

WIN BY LYNCHING THE TRAINER

ALPHA WAS SOLOSIS, THE TRAINER’S POKEMON

Hey where are you going? Oh my god child, stop!

HOUR 4 ENDS AT 2 PM MST ON FRIDAY
Opossum Opossum Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Shishœ Maven89 Maven89 #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Natz~ Natz~ Jojalole Jojalole Ura Ura CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 @GoldenYuiitusin Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey sorry AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

After the last game I didn't want to take any chances with inactives. No hard feelings dude.

But with that we finally got rid of one of the trainer's PKMN. I also have some things to say shortly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I went to the store and didn't get to vote. But at least we've stalled the trainer a bit, presumably.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I went to the store and didn't get to vote. But at least we've stalled the trainer a bit, presumably.
You were at the store?

Whew, be careful. I was about to vote you for that. At least you weren't cooking pasta :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That being said, I do have a theory: FE has been compromised. I'm not gonna vote for him until I get other players' input, but here's my line of th Ñ king.

The flavor used a Dive Ball. Normally that's better against diving Pokémon, but that's hard to replicate in game mechanics. But what if instead, it affected users who could otherwise hide? FE mentioned he had an ability like this, so I think he may have been the target if this theory pans out.

Thoughts?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Thinking

What the hell even happened there lol

D

Deleted member

The flavor used a Dive Ball. Normally that's better against diving Pokémon, but that's hard to replicate in game mechanics.
In ORAS as well as games where Diving isn't a thing, Dive Balls also work better on Pokémon found while fishing or Surfing.
Basically any Pokémon that can be encountered from the water. (Including Entei, but only when found while Surfing, obviously :V)

D

Deleted member

That means any one of us who is a Water type is automatically a suspect.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In ORAS as well as games where Diving isn't a thing, Dive Balls also work better on Pokémon found while fishing or Surfing.
Basically any Pokémon that can be encountered from the water. (Including Entei, but only when found while Surfing, obviously :V)
Did anyone claim a Water type? I don't expect them to now if they haven't now that the theory's out there, but still.

D

Deleted member

At the moment there haven’t been any water types out yet
I need a list of all current claims, if you guys don't mind.

Players:
1. ShinyLegendary (Slugma)
2. Jojalole (Pichu)
3. Pokechu
4. FireEmblemNier (Abra)
5. Ura
6. Maven
7. CrusherMania
8. Nabe (Machop)
9. Z25 (Zubat)
10. Shish
11. Opossum
12. Golden (Vanillite)
13. AlphaSSB (Solosis)
14. Natz
15. Swamp Sensei (Shinx; Gen 4 cute Electric type that isn't Pachirisu)

D

Deleted member

Players:
2. Jojalole (Pichu)
3. Pokechu
4. FireEmblemNier (Abra)
5. Ura
6. Maven
7. CrusherMania (From Gen III, part Fairy type; can only be between Ralts/Azurill/Mawile)
8. Nabe (Machop)
9. Z25 (Zubat)
10. Shish (N....?)
11. Opossum (From Gen II)
12. Golden (Vanillite)
13. AlphaSSB (Solosis)
14. Natz ("A birb")

Alright. After going through the thread, I have a couple things....

Pokechu Pokechu
Enough games. You haven't said a word about your role other than a gag. Speak now.

Ura Ura Maven89 Maven89
Give me something to work with.

Opossum Opossum Natz~ Natz~
Give me more to work with.

CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Confirm/deny my assertions about your role.

@Shishœ
Explain what exactly it is you do as "N". Because there being two Trainers, one good, one bad, doesn't sit right with me. Especially since N is known for just catching any random Pokémon nearby for his goals. And such a goal I can see in this context is "catch the Pokémon from the Safari Zone and release them into the wild".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Players:
2. Jojalole (Pichu)
3. Pokechu
4. FireEmblemNier (Abra)
5. Ura
6. Maven
7. CrusherMania (From Gen III, part Fairy type; can only be between Ralts/Azurill/Mawile)
8. Nabe (Machop)
9. Z25 (Zubat)
10. Shish (N....?)
11. Opossum (From Gen II)
12. Golden (Vanillite)
13. AlphaSSB (Solosis)
14. Natz ("A birb")

Alright. After going through the thread, I have a couple things....

Pokechu Pokechu
Enough games. You haven't said a word about your role other than a gag. Speak now.

Ura Ura Maven89 Maven89
Give me something to work with.

Opossum Opossum Natz~ Natz~
Give me more to work with.

CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Confirm/deny my assertions about your role.

@Shishœ
Explain what exactly it is you do as "N". Because there being two Trainers, one good, one bad, doesn't sit right with me. Especially since N is known for just catching any random Pokémon nearby for his goals. And such a goal I can see in this context is "catch the Pokémon from the Safari Zone and release them into the wild".
I'm Aipom.

D

Deleted member

Not really in a mood to post much so I'll be brief.
Don't think Nabe is with the cult anymore, at least not until yesterDay, considering he swapped his vote on me for Alpha at the very last second. I still don't like him antagonizing me so much but at least I know it's not scum motivated.

Your interpretation of what N does is wrong but whatever. It was a stupid gamble to see if anyone would bite it, at first I just wanted to mess around but people took me seriously so I just went with it. I didn't consider the cult much at first either so I also thought I could eat a kill if it existed by claiming an "obviously important role" but that didn't happen.

I'm just not that really into the game, I thought a cult thing could be fun but I don't even know who I can trust. I could make a correct read but whoops now they're evil. I'm just not seeing much point to anything when any analyzing can be made useless.

D

Deleted member

This is a weird instance of parallel wording. I've already drawn a bit of attention to this, but I would be remiss in not mentioning it directly if I'm potentially lynched toDay. At minimum, it suggests Golden paying attention to Swamp at some level of consciousness. I don't have a hard read on this yet, but considering the situation and what Shish is trying to justify hammering on about me, I may as well throw incomplete, moistened, floppy reads onto the table.
Or, hear me out, we just happened to use the same terminology because it's the first phrase that came to mind to two different people in two different scenarios.

I really fail to see how there's some sort of "connection" that links us. :/

D

Deleted member

Players:
2. Jojalole (Pichu)
3. Pokechu (Sandygast?)
4. FireEmblemNier (Abra)
5. Ura (Magnemite)
6. Maven
7. CrusherMania (Ralts/Azurill/Mawile?)
8. Nabe (Machop)
9. Z25 (Zubat)
10. Shish (Not actually N)
11. Opossum (Aipom)
12. Golden (Vanillite)
13. AlphaSSB (Solosis)
14. Natz ("A birb")
15. Swamp Sensei (Shinx?)

Almost got a complete list of claims. I love it when people cooperate.

Your interpretation of what N does is wrong but whatever. It was a stupid gamble to see if anyone would bite it, at first I just wanted to mess around but people took me seriously so I just went with it. I didn't consider the cult much at first either so I also thought I could eat a kill if it existed by claiming an "obviously important role" but that didn't happen.

I'm just not that really into the game, I thought a cult thing could be fun but I don't even know who I can trust. I could make a correct read but whoops now they're evil. I'm just not seeing much point to anything when any analyzing can be made useless.
So....we've establish who you aren't.
Then who are you? You can be "not that really into the game" all you want, just give me the information I need.

#HBC | Nabe

Or, hear me out, we just happened to use the same terminology because it's the first phrase that came to mind to two different people in two different scenarios.

I really fail to see how there's some sort of "connection" that links us. :/
That's the problem with voicing these kinds of things prematurely, I have absolutely nothing to draw it to. It's just a curiosity.

Out of curiosity, what prompted your newfound interest in the game? I'm glad you're into it, but I remember you saying at the start of the game that you weren't really planning to sink your teeth in.

D

Deleted member

Players:
2. Jojalole (Pichu)
3. Pokechu (Sandygast?)
4. FireEmblemNier (Abra)
5. Ura (Magnemite)
6. Maven
7. CrusherMania (Ralts/Azurill/Mawile?)
8. Nabe (Machop)
9. Z25 (Zubat)
10. Shish (Not actually N)
11. Opossum (Aipom)
12. Golden (Vanillite)
13. AlphaSSB (Solosis)
14. Natz ("A birb")
15. Swamp Sensei (Shinx?)

Almost got a complete list of claims. I love it when people cooperate.

So....we've establish who you aren't.
Then who are you? You can be "not that really into the game" all you want, just give me the information I need.
Hoppip
but then why did you tunnel me in such a complete yet nonsensical way
I've already explained that I didn't like you antagonizing me

Top Bottom