• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokedex Entry 6: Snake

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Yeah, Snake's dthrow on us is literally ****. He drugs us and puts us to sleep, the he BANGS us with a SEX kick (ok, not usually a bair, but hey, it gets the point across). It doesn't **** the other two as hard as it ***** Charizard, does it?

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Yeah, Snake's dthrow on us is literally ****. He drugs us and puts us to sleep, the he BANGS us with a SEX kick (ok, not usually a bair, but hey, it gets the point across). It doesn't **** the other two as hard as it ***** Charizard, does it?
No. Squirtle's back roll is short but at least he has one so its not as bad. Ivy has a decent forward roll so he could get away. Zard has it the worst. Specially on platforms.

0^2

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is really discussed, but a good setup I've found on Snake when you are Squirtle against Snake at 0% is f-throw -> f-throw -> f-air. Would this work against even competitive players?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
not raelly

but you can do a hydrograb, and during a hyodrograb do a fthrow and with the momentum from the hydrograb you can begin a uptilt combo, or if he at a higher percent do a fair.

0^2

Smash Cadet
not raelly

but you can do a hydrograb, and during a hyodrograb do a fthrow and with the momentum from the hydrograb you can begin a uptilt combo, or if he at a higher percent do a fair.
Even if I do a f-throw and run to him as he's tumbling and grab and do another f-throw, which I really meant by my last post.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
fthrow isnt a chaingrab and there are no 100% followups on a regular dash grab to fthrow. I'm not saying that its impossible, just that you wont always get it.

Kith

Smash Ace
Why not? O.o. Squirtle can do really well against Snake if played correctly. Especiaallly on battlefield. Throw him up and let the fun begin lol.

Toby.

Smash Master
It's more the fact that once we get him off stage we quickly lose the ability to knock him out of his cypher. So no matter how many times we juggle him it's really not going to matter to snake if we can't do anything to him off stage.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Im not gonna start up on this but f-throw does chain it does CG and snake is one of the characters it does from 0-30 or 40ish. It can be DI'd back but isnt a good option for snake it either forces him to tech or get jab locked honestly.

Kith

Smash Ace
It's more the fact that once we get him off stage we quickly lose the ability to knock him out of his cypher. So no matter how many times we juggle him it's really not going to matter to snake if we can't do anything to him off stage.
I see what you're saying, and you're right. I was just addressing the comment about a fatigued squirtle should never see a 0% Snake, That's pretty much saying, assuming we start off with squirtle, that we should always drop the first stock. And that, at least in my experience, isn't the case.

T-block

B2B TST
Here's the switch strategy I've been trying to use:

• Start Squirtle
  • If you get the first kill, switch to Ivysaur and camp until Squirtle is fully restored (120 seconds if Squirtle ends up being fully fatigued)
    • Switch to Charizard if you manage to survive long enough, then camp some more until you die for a fresh Squirtle second stock
    • If Ivysaur dies, camp more with Charizard if Ivysaur wasn't out long enough, otherwise switch to Squirtle asap
  • If you don't get the first kill, which is more likely, try to get the kill with Ivysaur when he gets in
    • Play defensively, switch to Charizard at high percents
    • Tank the stock with Charizard, ideally getting him into KO percents for a fresh Squirtle
    • Get the kill quickly as Squirtle when he comes in on the 3rd stock to even the match up

I can usually get to the end of the second scenario pretty well, but the problem is you'll have issues getting the last kill with Squirtle before he gets fatigued. Any thoughts on this?

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't think you need to camp for the full 120 seconds. I'm fairly sure fatigue is restored at double the rate it is created.

Ie a pokemon only needs to be on the bench for 60 seconds to restore 120 seconds worth of fatigue.

Could be wrong though.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i just watched kith's sig about 10 times

so dumb lol

that's a pretty good looking switch order

T-block

B2B TST
last i heard it was 5/3. i guess we should note as well that if squirtle does die first, you need to spend a total of 36 seconds as ivysaur/charizard for squirtle to be fully fresh at the start of the third stock, but that usually isn't a problem

that's a pretty good looking switch order
then whyyyy do i still lose to snake T.T

Top Bottom