• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Mafia - Silph Co.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I don't really understand the reasoning behind that. LoD and disco room hold their own games. Sure they're private forums but I don't see how that changes anything. Its not like we are brawl discussion or something.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It can't be that hard <.< In mmos people gather to do quests and such ..then again theres a big profit motive there and mmo players are usually addicted.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hold on. I personally asked Spire permission to start this, and was given the permission on the basis that the thread be enclosed as one and contain only posts which would develop the game. Check the OP for his exact VM. I see nothing wrong with what's going currently, and furthermore no real good reason to move this to D-Games.

I'll add Vrael to the member list. How about we have 2-day Days, then?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
48 hours days is acceptable, I guess. Probably also preferable, since I'm guessing there will be low activity.

M.K

Level 55
48 hours days is acceptable, I guess. Probably also preferable, since I'm guessing there will be low activity.
Wow.
Those very, very quick days. You aren't even giving enough time to speculate. Basically every single day will just be a quicklynch bandwagon with no basis.
Mafia is a LONG game. Pretty much games go on for about 1-2 months before they are finished. The quickest games take maybe 2 weeks at the least. 48 hour days, depending on the number of town mislynches/lynches would have the game end in a week. That's way too quickly.

Tery, do you have adequate knowledge of the game, or actually, do the members of the Poke Center have adequate knowledge of Mafia to be able to run this effectively? There are many facets and I think you're giving off the wrong impression of the game. It's not a quick game, nor shouldn't it be "enhanced" by being a quick game. Speeding the gameplay basically hinders the fundamentals of ACTUAL Mafia, which is the "treasure hunt" aspect of it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I, and the people I play Mafia with, are capable of discussing in 23.5 hours. I realize that you, and maybe the people you play with, don't have the time to post as frequently I do.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not even on forums, but via online forum games have been successful playhed (on both ends) when Days were roughly the span of real days. There's nothing wrong with that.

I (as well as many others) learned to adapt to the Mafia scene quickly, so having ridiculous 2 week games is not happening, or someone else can lead it. Since there are so many people who will be new to Mafia anyways it won't matter how the game is setup, so it's better off at a good, quick speed, than a week per Day one.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, EpicMafia has games that are often 30 minutes long.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
These "short" games make Mafia more fun and actually decisive, because you as the town have to get together and work against the popular bias, otherwise the Mafia will kill you all.

I'll explain the theme once we have enough players.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I played mafia in real life once and it was fun, I'd like to join this one, is there any difference in Online mafia to in person mafia?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If this works and you guys want to go again, I want to play the 2nd time. I'm going to be gone a lot the next few days, plus I wanna read what happens and see if I understand it correctly. D: I dun wanna mess up

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I, and the people I play Mafia with, are capable of discussing in 23.5 hours. I realize that you, and maybe the people you play with, don't have the time to post as frequently I do.
My only problem is that it's ridiculously easy to coast during 24 hour days. 48 hours seems more acceptable to me.

Thanks for adding me Tery.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Have you guys discussed the possibility of just making it a Marathon game?

All of the participants as well as, I assume, the GM, stay on for a few hours and play the game without interruption. I can't specifically remember the time limit for Days/Nights but with everyone on at a time that wouldn't be much of a problem.

I could see a few things going wrong with this, because there may be some people who can't stay on that long over the course of a single day. There could also be some trouble with timezones as well...

(I'd in this but I have several games going on including a couple of Mafias in DGames)

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

We have an entire room devoted to playing games like mafia. It's called Decisive Games (it's within Forum Games) and you can find it here:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Because there are a lot of people who want to host their own mafia game, there's a signup list in there that you typically need to wait on before you can post a new game of your own. If you want to host a game that will consist of mostly Poke Center users who aren't playing a game in Decisive Games now though, you should be able to request to be able to host a private game, which essentially lets you jump the queue and start your game immediately so long as you already have your players (and they commit to not letting your game adversely affect their activity in other games they may already be playing, but if they're not playing any obviously that's not an issue). I'm afraid we can't allow mafia games to take place in a public room like this though since we do have Decisive Games.

Thanks. (I'm going to leave this open for now because I don't think I see a problem with inviting new players to start visiting Decisive Games, although other mods might disagree. In any event, you can't host your own game in this room.)

The funny thing is.. Azua said the same thig aout the Pkemon Chain-Link game... So it got moved to forum games, te game was played wrong and then die, and the PC activity suffered. This would be good activity booster, so don't make the same error twice.

M.K

Level 55
LOL Mmkay Mr. Bigshot. I can feel your ego sucking me into it's gravity.
Why don't you just go tell the entire DGames that? Cuz, you know, the people that are alot more experienced that you probably are would just love to hear about how much better you are than them. ;)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why don't you just go tell the entire DGames that? Cuz, you know, the people that are alot more experienced that you probably are would just love to hear about how much better you are than them. ;)
My ego? I just confessed that I have no life.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So <.< can someone explain the gist of this and/or a good link. I really wanna play, sign me up if you don't mind, I just need to know I understand this..:

Day time : people nonmafia can try and find out whose mafia and get rid of them.
Night time: Vica versa?

I can make time for this, it seems strategic.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, sign me up for this. I was close to what I thought it was. Being a innocent would be fun XD.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What the hell? Where in his post did he claim to be a pro Mafia player? He stated that he was able to make discussions in a day. That doesn't mean he becomes the best player within that day.
The fact that he posted that he posts frequently in no way attests his ability, and as Annoying said it basically means he had no life.

Shimazu and Karthik King have been added.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Being a vanillacent isn't exactly easy. It's really hard to confirm your innocence without a seer scan. It's difficult to get into innocent coalitions because of that. The good thing is that if the Mafia knows your role, they won't target you. And people can't get mad at you for not sending in actions.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Mafia knowing your role when you are vanilla is a bad thing. One of the main goals of being vanilla townie is to get mafia to kill you. Vanilla is my favorite role btw. You don't have anything to bias you. Pure scumhunting =D.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I guess if we have 10 people then we'll be playing with 10 people...

Roles / theme will be explained tomorrow afternoon and we can start then.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Will someone explain the rules?
Will there be a formal sign-up post with information? Like is role and / or affiliation revealed upon death? Are we allowed to PM? Are we allowed to roleclaim? Quote PMs? PMs from everyone and / or GM? Night zero? Is no vote allowed? No lynch?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm excited; it's my first mafia game ever, which means I won't do so well but still <.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom