• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeCenter Mafia - Silph Co.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'm interested in seeing how this goes..

Meta, shut up. Do you want to be playing with the same people over and over because DGs is viewed as a hostile environment? No? Then shut up and don't act better than everyone.

That being said, we do have our own way of playing in DGs (I.e 10 day in game days) and I and I'm sure everyone in dgs would appreciate not being called retarted or ridiculous for the systems we've developed over the course of around 5years. Most of us are just as active as anyone else.

Also, kiki I agree with riddles 42. Doesn't make much sense to me
Note that this is not me inning. Have too much on my plate

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Here's the theme - Team Rocket has infiltrated Silph Co., and are disguised as employees, planning to kill off the Silph workers until they overopopulate and can successfully take over the building. The possible roles would be as follows:

Silph Worker - No unique properties but can vote each day who they want to be lynched. (The Townie role)

Silph Medic - Can protect someone per day, if Team Rocket targets the person you're protecting nobody dies and you gain a hint about the assailant. (The Doctor role)

Psychic - You have two role checks, which you can use at any time to figure alliances. You might receive an inverse role check.
Blue - Townie, Red - Mafia, Green - Special (The Detective role)

Karate Man - You take two hits to kill, and gain a hint of your attacker each time. (The Veteran role)

President - The President of Silph Co, can manipulate the vote results once and only once. (The Vote Rigger role)
The President's goal is to stay alive the whole game, regardless if the Rockets outnumber him.

Team Rocket - Can kill off one person of their choice a day, non-stackable. (The Mafia role)

Silph Chemist - Starts off as a Worker but may revert over to Team Rocket. (The Mole role)

You guys can ask about specifics, now.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm going on vacation this Saturday for a week, so I better drop out now.
Sorry guys.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A role check allows you to see what type of role another player has.
Blue means they're a Townie.
Red means they're a Mafia.
Green means they're a special case (Doctor, etc.)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I take it the president is town aligned? So how exactly do they manipulate votes? Do they send in what they want to happen to you, and then you change the votes?

Also, can you explain the chemist a bit further? You said they start as town, can they stay as town?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Say there are players A, B, C, and D. Player B is the Vote Rigger.

If player A ends up to be the lynched member, and player B wants player C to die he PMs with his rig, stating he wants to overvote player C instead.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not a big fan of open setups, but whatever.
Silph Medic - Can protect someone per day, if Team Rocket targets the person you're protecting nobody dies and you gain a hint about the assailant. (The Doctor role)
Protect self?

Psychic - You have two role checks, which you can use at any time to figure alliances. You might receive an inverse role check.
Blue - Townie, Red - Mafia, Green - Special (The Detective role)
Might receive a false scan. So there's a chance that we'll accidentally lynch an innocent and then lynch the seer under suspicion of falsely claiming seer. Great.

President - The President of Silph Co, can manipulate the vote results once and onky once. (The Vote Rigger role)
What does that even mean?
EDIT: Okay, so President changes the lynch?

Team Rocket - Can kill off one person of their choice a day, non-stackable. (The Mafia role)
Does a certain person decide the nightkill target? Or is it a group consensus thing?

Silph Chemist - Starts off as a Worker but may revert over to Team Rocket. (The Mole role)
What on earth is a mole.

What are these "clues"?

Will there be a formal sign-up post with information? Like is role and / or affiliation revealed upon death? Are we allowed to PM? Are we allowed to roleclaim? Quote PMs? PMs from everyone and / or GM? Night zero? Is no vote allowed? No lynch?

Oh yeah, are sideboards allowed?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Protecting self is allowed.

The Psychic will almost always receive a normal role check.

Basically the President has an auto-kill function that works once.

Whoever the Team Rocket is PMs me their kill.

You've never played with Moles...? A Mole is someone who starts off as a Townie, unaware that they are a Mole. After a certain time I PM them revealing they are actually a Mole, and from that point they are on the Mafia side. The Mafia members know in advance who the Mole is, but the Mole doesn't know who the Mafia members are until they turn Mafia.

What do you mean clues?

I don't think information will be necessary.

Roles are revealed upon death.

You may PM but not quote PMs, since those can be made up. You are allowed to PM me.

What are roleclaiming and sideboarding?

Night actions are only allowed after Day 1, during Night 1.

Members may choose to abstain from voting.

If two members have the same highest amount of votes no lynch occurs.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So when does this start? Also I'm not sure it's fair to request what role you are, but it's my first time so for a learning experience I'd like to be one of the common people (not a doctor or president or anything)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If the Doctor protects self/another player and is attacked they'll gain a clue in the story during the next day.

There's nothing stopping you from saying what your role is, but that's at your own discretion.

Sideboarding is fine,

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
So when does this start? Also I'm not sure it's fair to request what role you are, but it's my first time so for a learning experience I'd like to be one of the common people (not a doctor or president or anything)
It's normally randomized. You'll figure it out as you go along.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Bump.

I'm a little skeptical of self-protecting without a role blocker. It's basically the equivalent of running a bulletproof townie, which Mafia has no way of stopping outside of really ****ing good convincing or idiocy on the part of the Doctor. Unless of course you pull the lulzy move of making the Doctor the mole...hmmm...

EDIT: A little too early to think straight johns. Forgot that Maf is running 2.5 on 48 hour days; the Doc's got a little too much on his hands to just protect himself every round.

So when is this getting started? I'm getting impatienttt.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
vote: Terywj

Forcing a complete no-lynch situation for town on Day 1 is obvious scumtell.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright, going along with roles on page 6 I'm going to short PM everybody their roles.

You are a ___.

That's about it. Sorry this is so rushed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Two things:

Tery, you should write up rules. Like how to vote.
Will we be informed when all roles are sent out?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Try recruiting someone new.

Vote: Roacherman

Roaches are immediate scum. And if not scum, he's definitely the mole.

Lulz, animals.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Nobody else has expressed interest. :\
-----
The President of Silph Co., Terywj, was found slumped over in his office chair this morning. Twenty-seven knives were jabbed into his back. He was writing out a plan for the next branch at Violet City. Not much else is known.

Riddle

Smash Lord
27? thats some serious stabbing. How are you going to mod now? oh well

vote: Riddle

Obligatory self vote to start the day

unvote

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If you don't already know how to vote for someone, it's simple, really. I just explained it to you, understand? You can unvote your vote as well, in order to vote for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom