• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How hard is this to work, seriously? It took me 20 seconds to figure it out. >__>

When you press the "Download" link, it takes you to go the little box thing. Press "Open". It might open up a window asking you to allow it, press allow if this applies. Then press "Run" in the next window and tah-dah.

woody72691

Smash Ace
well i keep getting this stupid **** with this ****ed up code and it doesnt say run. it just gives me this piece of **** code. ugh i'm going to commit sucide

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
K, so you click on the download link. It gives you 3 options. Open, Save, Cancel. Click Open. Then, if it gives you a pop-up asking Allow or Don't Allow, click allow. Then you should see a button saying Run. Press Run, it should work then.

woody72691

Smash Ace
no it doesn give me that. i do get the 3 options box. but when i click open. i get a pop with all these codes and crap. not the run stuff unless i'm not looking at it right.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
no it doesn give me that. i do get the 3 options box. but when i click open. i get a pop with all these codes and crap. not the run stuff unless i'm not looking at it right.
Try restarting your computer.:(

Anyway... time for my own question: Does haze also effect pokemon with substitute up?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sorry to say I don't know.

In the Platinum battle menu, your 6 Pokeballs are displayed in the top-left corner of the lower screen. Every time I enter a battle, a couple of them constantly shake, and the number of them that shake change from battle to battle.

Why do they do that? Is there some significance, such as indicating an advantageous type matchup or a pokemon that particularly wants to battle, or at least something more than the outcome of random chance?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Try restarting your computer.:(

Anyway... time for my own question: Does haze also effect pokemon with substitute up?
I'm not entirely sure, as I usually don't haze, but if I had to guess it'd be yes. Haze is sort of like a field effect, and subbed Pokemon are still effected by field effects; such as how a Pokemon is effected by spikes or SR, which is a one-sided field effect.

I don't know the technical term for those though...that's just what I call them because that's basically what they do: Effect the field, not the individual Pokemon.

Unless you're talking about if haze gets rid of subs. And in that case, then no.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Sorry to say I don't know.

In the Platinum battle menu, your 6 Pokeballs are displayed in the top-left corner of the lower screen. Every time I enter a battle, a couple of them constantly shake, and the number of them that shake change from battle to battle.

Why do they do that? Is there some significance, such as indicating an advantageous type matchup or a pokemon that particularly wants to battle, or at least something more than the outcome of random chance?
They're about to level up.

SCRW^

Smash Rookie
This may sound like a stupid question, but how and where do you teach dragon pokemon Draco Meteor

SCRW^

Smash Rookie
Sorry this should have also been in the last message, but could someone explain to me how stat raising moves work, for example if you were to have your attack be increased by one stage, how much would it go up by

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Vague question:

How does anti-lead Infernape do against lead Aerodactyl? In general.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Very well. The aerodactal is FORCED not to taunt if it wants to set up the rocks. It is like this:
Turn 1: Infernape uses fakeout Aerodacal flinches.
Turn 2: Aerodacal can now either do Taunt (A), SR (B), or EQ(C) while Infernape uses Close Combat, killing him. Infernape for A just can switch in and out with his sash intact. Infernape for B just uses SR next turn. Infernape for C hangs on with sash, and can use SR next turn.

drcossack

Smash Ace
This may sound like a stupid question, but how and where do you teach dragon pokemon Draco Meteor
Go east from Celestic Town, there's an old lady who teaches the move to any Dragon Type. They need to have max Happiness though. You'll need a Pokemon with Defog (not necessary, but recommended) and Rock Climb to get there.

If you're not opposed to hacking, want to save time, and have an Action Replay, use this code:

94000130 FCFF0000
B2101d40 00000000
DA000000 00111D10
D3000000 00000000
D7000000 020F0C1C
D2000000 00000000

It's the Platinum version of the Diamond/Pearl move modifier (which uses TM17) - in the Calculator on your Poketch, enter the number 434, then press L+R to change Protect into Draco Meteor.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Very well. The aerodactal is FORCED not to taunt if it wants to set up the rocks. It is like this:
Turn 1: Infernape uses fakeout Aerodacal flinches.
Turn 2: Aerodacal can now either do Taunt (A), SR (B), or EQ(C) while Infernape uses Close Combat, killing him. Infernape for A just can switch in and out with his sash intact. Infernape for B just uses SR next turn. Infernape for C hangs on with sash, and can use SR next turn.
havent run into any new-school Aeros yet?

Aero used protect. Infernapes priority move that can only be used first move out is worthless. sash is still on. Aero is now in the advantage.

Aero can win it easy.

c3gill

Smash Ace
get on shoddy, and PM me. PM either here or there, my username is c3gill there as well.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I used my Staraptor the entire trip to the Celestic Town; Aerial Ace had only 1 PP left =P
I didn't mean for that, though can't-miss moves are always an option. idk, it might just be me, but I hate traveling somewhere in a game when it's hard to see where to go.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok so I am a complete n00b to the scene, and I want to actually get into the competitive aspect of the Pokemon metagame. So... what's the tips? Anything I should reference to?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I didn't mean for that, though can't-miss moves are always an option. idk, it might just be me, but I hate traveling somewhere in a game when it's hard to see where to go.
I didn't really have to strain myself to see the screen, it wasn't as bad as the Flash areas.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DO you actually have to kill the pokemon to gain the effort value points or does it just have to be a pokemon paritipating in the battle?

I trained one pokemon, but I switch it during the training to a higher level pokemon against higher level opponents so it could gain EXP still...

drcossack

Smash Ace
DO you actually have to kill the pokemon to gain the effort value points or does it just have to be a pokemon paritipating in the battle?

I trained one pokemon, but I switch it during the training to a higher level pokemon against higher level opponents so it could gain EXP still...
Pretty sure it's any that participate as long as they gain exp, but I always did it one at a time in Diamond, so don't quote me on that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Pretty sure it's any that participate as long as they gain exp, but I always did it one at a time in Diamond, so don't quote me on that.
Any pokemon that participates in a battle gains experience upon the opponent fainting. So placing a weak pokemon first and then switching it out immediately is not only a possible strategy, but one suggested by at least one NPC in every game.

EDIT: Wait, I was talking about experience. Sorry, I don't know a thing about effort.

However, I do believe a pokemon with an exp. share gains effort points. But don't quote me on that either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any pokemon that participates in a battle gains experience upon the opponent fainting. So placing a weak pokemon first and then switching it out immediately is not only a possible strategy, but one suggested by at least one NPC in every game.

EDIT: Wait, I was talking about experience. Sorry, I don't know a thing about effort.

However, I do believe a pokemon with an exp. share gains effort points. But don't quote me on that either.
...I need to figure out this effort thing.

and an even better way for a weaker pokemon to gain EXP is giving it the EXP share THAN switching out during battles with stronger opponents. It gains 75% of the EXP or something like that.

However, I am training mine with the Macho Brace and need to figure out Effort Points

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
If your EV training a Pokemon you can start the battle with that pokemon and then switch to a stronger Pokemon to kill the opponent and the pokemon your EV training gets both EXP and the Ev's for w/e stat your training in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If your EV training a Pokemon you can start the battle with that pokemon and then switch to a stronger Pokemon to kill the opponent and the pokemon your EV training gets both EXP and the Ev's for w/e stat your training in.
Thank you, that's what I wanted to know.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
How can I tell how many EV's for each stat are on my pokes? Or do I have to count them myself.

c3gill

Smash Ace
you need to count them as you are training.

there is a counter app on the poketech

drcossack

Smash Ace
How can I tell how many EV's for each stat are on my pokes? Or do I have to count them myself.
Every 4 EV's is one point added to a stat, and on Serebii, go to their Pokédex for the min & max stats of every Pokemon - entries given for levels 50 and 100.

Also, you can use this if you want to count EV's while training:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

There should be one for D/P/Plat, but I'm not sure where on the site it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom