• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: What it means is that you've already accumulated more than 100 EVs in that particular stat.

Vitamins only add 10 EVs in their respective stats up until you've reached 100 total EVs in that stat. So if you have 0 speed EVs and you haven't used up all 510 EVs yet, you can use up to ten Carbos before you stop getting the effects. If you have 60 speed EVs already and then decide to use Carbos, you can only use up to four Carbos.

Hope that helped.

Reanu

Smash Cadet
but i heard that max is 252 evs in one stat...like right now i'm training a ralts...and i've been training on starlys for like 10 levels w/power anklet...and if i used a carbon on it it says it won't have any effect...

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
but i heard that max is 252 evs in one stat...like right now i'm training a ralts...and i've been training on starlys for like 10 levels w/power anklet...and if i used a carbon on it it says it won't have any effect...
1st, it's 252 in any one stat, and 510 over all. so you can have 252 spd, 50 hp, 200 atk, 2 spdef. (just an example! do not put that array on anything!)

Reanu

Smash Cadet
So I used a Carbos on my Ralts and it didn't work...
so does that mean it already has 252 speed EV's?
(I'm a n00b! Don't hurt me!)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, it has 100 EVs in that stat

carbos and any item of the likes allows you to add 10 EVs at a time to one stat, they cannot be used if there are at least 100 EVs in that stat or there are a total of 510 EVs

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
So I used a Carbos on my Ralts and it didn't work...
so does that mean it already has 252 speed EV's?
(I'm a n00b! Don't hurt me!)
i don't hit, i lick (didn't you see my sig?)

and i beleive the other kid summed it up pretty well

Reanu

Smash Cadet
no, it has 100 EVs in that stat

carbos and any item of the likes allows you to add 10 EVs at a time to one stat, they cannot be used if there are at least 100 EVs in that stat or there are a total of 510 EVs
ok then is there any way to tell if my ralts (or any poke) has 252 in any stat?

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
well you can save your game and give it stat boosters till it maxxes out, you'll have a broad idea b the number it took

Eagle

Smash Lord
Someone please trade me a totodile/croconaw/feraligatr.

Please pm me your friend code and a the time you'd like to trade :)

I have some stuff to trade so just name it but don't expect leet stuff :p

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure there isn't. You're actually supposed to keep track of the EVs a Pokemon gets.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
what would be considered a good masquerain

right know im working on breeding it to learn hydropump
A dead one...

don't worry i'm only half serious.

you could try this
Bug Buzz
Hydro Pump
Air Slash
Shadow Ball/ Energy Ball (depends on your team)

pretty straight foreward sweeper (lets face it, thats all it's good for)
max spd and spatk ev's and the last 6 ev's on spdef

not, a usual question, but i think i was able to to find the best answer, i don't know you tell me.

almost forgot, you could choice item it or focus sash (i think i always mix sash and band)

ss118

Smash Master
For that, if ur using it as a starter, Focus Sash.
But why would you use that? Surskit is SOOO much better?
Question: What is the stat formula?

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
which stat formula?

id on't know how it's going to be used so those other items could still be of use, we'll both see when the kid replies. till then i say they both suck, unless you have some weird *ss stategy that puts one to use or if its a baby battle (which are so fun and i want to find someone to fight my babies against when my internet decides to work)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
( ( ( ( 2 * BS ) + IV + ( EV / 4 ) ) * L / 100 ) + 5 ) * N

BS = Base Stat
IV = Individual Value
EV = Effort Value
L = Level of Pokemon
N = Nature (Use 110% if Nature is beneficial to stat. Use 100% if nature is neutral to stat, and 90% if nature is unbeneficial to stat)

That formula is the one for all the stats except HP. This one is HP:

( ( ( ( 2 * BS ) + IV + ( EV / 4 ) ) * L / 100 ) + 10 + L

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
( ( ( ( 2 * BS ) + IV + ( EV / 4 ) ) * L / 100 ) + 5 ) * N

BS = Base Stat
IV = Individual Value
EV = Effort Value
L = Level of Pokemon
N = Nature (Use 110% if Nature is beneficial to stat. Use 100% if nature is neutral to stat, and 90% if nature is unbeneficial to stat)

That formula is the one for all the stats except HP. This one is HP:

( ( ( ( 2 * BS ) + IV + ( EV / 4 ) ) * L / 100 ) + 10 + L

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
well i could have posted that one, but i didn't put it together that was the one sought after (i'm really tired i just had a swim meet).

either way the question is answered, thank you for doing the work

psychic turnip

Smash Apprentice
thanks fot the answer

next question I know that masquerain is not the best pokemon in the world but i like him so anyway my question over all which is better surskit or masquerain in your guy's opinion

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Masquerain odviously for the states and TM moves and such.

I have a question myself..

Whos the most underrated 4th Gen pokemon?
do you mean good, but thought to be bad or just plan bad?

i would have to say Pachirisu is pretty bad (but i still like it:chuckle:)

Cherrim and Lumineon both seem worse than they are (but they must be used correctly and both can only fill one or two possible roles)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
thanks fot the answer

next question I know that masquerain is not the best pokemon in the world but i like him so anyway my question over all which is better surskit or masquerain in your guy's opinion
Masqerain because, thanks to Intimidate and it's type, a max HP / max Def Masquerain taking a Megahorn from a Choice Banded Heracross will only take 29.65% - 34.88%. It will take even less from Close Combat' In fact, it only takes 14.83% - 17.44%.

In return, a max Special Attack Choice Scarf Masquerain using Air Slash on a 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross will do 137.09% - 161.26%.

Pure pwnage from 2 foot bug.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IC3R

Smash Lord
Masqerain because, thanks to Intimidate and it's type, a max HP / max Def Masquerain taking a Megahorn from a Choice Banded Heracross will only take 29.65% - 34.88%. It will take even less from Close Combat' In fact, it only takes 14.83% - 17.44%.

In return, a max Special Attack Choice Scarf Masquerain using Air Slash on a 4 HP / 0 SpDef Heracross will do 137.09% - 161.26%.
Now all Crosses are like :eek: "WTF?!"

WOOT! GO MASQUERAIN!!! :bigthumbu

Anyway...

Question: Why is Gigas so daggum underated?! He can be useful, even with Slow Start in effect!! WTF is wrong with everybody?! I have a set and it seems to do all right...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Now all Crosses are like :eek: "WTF?!"

WOOT! GO MASQUERAIN!!! :bigthumbu

Anyway...

Question: Why is Gigas so daggum underated?! He can be useful, even with Slow Start in effect!! WTF is wrong with everybody?! I have a set and it seems to do all right...
Having only half your Attack and Speed for 5 turns will do that.
That and the fact that it can't use Rest or Protect to stall out the turns.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Most underrated I'd say is Nidoqueen. With a movepool that makes Gengar jealous and a typing that resists everything standard Heracross can throw while KOing back with Aerial Ace, I don't understand why she's so looked down upon. It can also Boltbeam a few things on the switch (standards dragons + Gyarados) to draw in Blissey and OHKO with Expert Belt Superpower (105.22% - 123.81%). She can also setup 2 of the 3 forms of spikes, and rather well too. She can also go choice items to hit pretty hard, although Nidoking does that better.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Most underrated I'd say is Nidoqueen. With a movepool that makes Gengar jealous and a typing that resists everything standard Heracross can throw while KOing back with Aerial Ace, I don't understand why she's so looked down upon. It can also Boltbeam a few things on the switch (standards dragons + Gyarados) to draw in Blissey and OHKO with Expert Belt Superpower (105.22% - 123.81%). She can also setup 2 of the 3 forms of spikes, and rather well too. She can also go choice items to hit pretty hard, although Nidoking does that better.
In my circle she's seen as powerful (well my friends fear mine:chuckle:), so i think she's used a lot in back up teams or old teams, just didn't make the cut to final 6

tshahi10

Smash Ace
nidoquen gets EQ'd by heracross

weak to Eq and surf, generally is one of the worst things that could happen. beseides, hera>nidoquen, and thats how it is. nidoqueen has all lower than base 100 stats, it sucks

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
nidoquen gets EQ'd by heracross

weak to Eq and surf, generally is one of the worst things that could happen. beseides, hera>nidoquen, and thats how it is. nidoqueen has all lower than base 100 stats, it sucks
No smart competitive player would even consider using Earthquake on Heracross. EQs, Surfs, and Ice Beams are all extremely obvious and Nidoqueen shouldn't be staying in on them anyway. Want to explain to me how "hera>nidoquen"? Base stats are only a small component of what makes up a Pokemon. Smeargle has no stat above 75, so it must suck a lot too, right? With Stealth Rock resistance and bulky defenses, Nidoqueen can switch in and out fairly easily too. If you meant that Heracross is a better Pokemon than Nidoqueen overall, then yes, I didn't say it wasn't. However, Nidoqueen can and usually does counter Heracross relatively well.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Yo outofdashdwz, are you up to doing Nidoqueen's RTP? ;) You know your $hit pretty well.

~ No, this post is not a suck up. My respects to outofdashdwz.
i agree, outofdashdwz should. i've never seen someone know their nidoqueen stuff better than me... my focus was turned away from it though when D/P came out so im not too suprised.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice

In return, a max Special Attack Choice Scarf Masquerain using Air Slash on a 4 HP / 0 Def Heracross will do 137.09% - 161.26%.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
That's why no Heracross should be without a Rock type move that does damage.
Even still, Masquerain outspeeds Heracross even with a Jolly nature.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
That's why no Heracross should be without a Rock type move that does damage.
Even still, Masquerain outspeeds Heracross even with a Jolly nature.
I don't know about that outspeeding part... But what Heracross doesn't have Choice Band or Choice Scarf? You switch in on a predicted Megahorn or Close Combat. Then, they're stuck into an attack that does crap, and you're Choice Scarfed. So, while they switch, most likely predicting a Flying attack, you could use Stun Spore or whatever supportive moves Masquerain knows.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A:
flamethrower
thunderbolt
psychic
focus punch/barrier

good type coverage. focus punch is for blissey.
hm i see. thanks.
this is his: (comment plz)
flamethrower
thunderbolt
confuse ray
taunt
(his taunter on the team, i'll be posting a rmt for him shortly...)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q: Any good moveset for Magmortar? My friend is wondering...
According to Smogon...

[SET]

name: Standard set
move 1: Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Ice
move 2: Corss Chop / Focus Punch
move 3: Flamethrower / Lava Plume
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Expert Belt / Leftovers
nature: Mild
evs: 30ATK / 252SPATK / 228SPD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the set you want to use in standard play. With prediction, nothing switches into this safely - Water types eat a Thunderbolt, Dragons and Rhyperior fear Will-O-Wisp, and the Fighting move takes care of Rock types and Blissey. Focus Punch is more accurate and may have more payoff, but Cross Chop can almost 2HKO a Blissey. If you have Hidden Power Ice available to you, then Lava Plume and Hidden Power Ice should be effective - just beware of Rhyperior if your luck with Burn isn't good. </p>
Or you could slap a Choice Specs or Scarf on fluffy's set.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom