• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
When you boost your stats with moves like Swords Dance and Curse, does it reset when you switch?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
My brother used it as a main in Silver.

Question: Do 1 or 2 shiny parents increase the odds of a glimmering baby?
No. A Bagon bred from two shiny Salamence has the same chance of being a shiny as any other Pokemon.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
What 5% could it be useful? O_O

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Hmm you're right. I can't think of- Wait. You need it to breed Mirror Coat on to a large majority of Pokemon :] Tentacruel, Milotic, Blastoise, Gastrodon, Cradily, Mantine, Swampert. You also need it to breed Rock Blast onto Octillery, and is the only link to breed Icicle Spear onto Dewgong. Lol. That's all I can think of right now... But this thing's movepool is just awesome.

My brother used it as a main in Silver.

Question: Do 1 or 2 shiny parents increase the odds of a glimmering baby?
Depends on which generation. In GSC, where shininess depended on IVs, then yes, one shiny parent does increase the odds of a shiny baby. 2 shiny parents won't produce a baby.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
When you boost your stats with moves like Swords Dance and Curse, does it reset when you switch?
:link:
Unless your Baton Passing, yes.

Question:
How much does Life Orb increse your attack?

How much do you calculate the ability Technician for an increase(not in percent)?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh gosh, um, Whats the point of having spikes and rapid spin on the same set? Is it because if the opponent lays out Spikes, you can't lay any yourself? xD

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q: What is a popular Wailord set?
I'll Terywj'ize it...
How about SpecsLord?

Wailord @ Choice Specs (or Scarf)
Water Veil
Modest / Timid
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power / Hydro Pump
- Selfdestruct

HP Ghost or Dark may work, as the opponent would be aware of Wailor Selfdestructing when it's close to being KOed and send in their Ghost.

oh gosh, um, Whats the point of having spikes and rapid spin on the same set? Is it because if the opponent lays out Spikes, you can't lay any yourself? xD
There's really no point... It's just useful to have a Spiker and a Rapid Spinner on one Pokemon.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q: Could Signal Beam work on Porygon-z? I've used it on my own and it has 2HKOed Tyranitars and OHKOs Weaviles(I think).

Except Hidden Power Fighting OHKOs it... Well, I guess it could work as a suprise...

Q2: What is a good swampert EV spread?
It depends on what you want it to do. Most Swampert are Impish, or have a nature that lowers Special Attack, and sometimes Speed. Thus, they'd have different EV spreads.

But the overall EV spread is probably 240 HP / 56 Atk / 212 Def.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

LouisStevens722

Smash Rookie
MasterMatt just likes to pick fights, he's clearly just a punk that doesn't deserve to get noticed. He might put up some stupid remark(the only kind he makes) about this but w/e.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
MasterMatt just likes to pick fights, he's clearly just a punk that doesn't deserve to get noticed. He might put up some stupid remark(the only kind he makes) about this but w/e.
hey im pretty good at this game man..
i can take u down anytime..:laugh:

hence the name MasterMatt

but regardless of spam

i am looking for a light ball...
will trade pretty much anything for it..

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Q: Could Signal Beam work on Porygon-z? I've used it on my own and it has 2HKOed Tyranitars and OHKOs Weaviles(I think).

Q2: What is a good swampert EV spread?
Unless it was in game, you really shouldn't be using Signal Beam.

Tankier Swamperts might just run 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def too.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
what are some good baton passers
Ninjask@Leftovers/Focus Sash
Jolly/Speed Boost
252 Spd/158 Hp/100 Spd
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance
-Protect for a free speed boost, then maybe even get a Swords Dance in there...then BP to a sweeper.

OR

Umbreon@Leftovers
Bold/Synchronize
252 Hp/109 Def/149 Sp Def
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Toxic
Moolight
-Mean Look to trap foe, Toxic it, then BP out. Moonlight to heal.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
what are some good baton passers
Depends on what you're trying to pass. The Eeveelutions have traditionally been regarded as very very good Baton Passers, and DP didn't change that. Substitutes, Wish, Mean Look, Curse, Swords Dance, Acid Armor, whatever it may be, there's an Eevee for the job. Ninjask, Smeargle, Celebi, Scizor, Gliscor, Togekiss, Zapdos and a few others are also very good Baton Passers. Blaziken and Floatzel, Absol and some others can pull it off too, but they often have much better things to do (especially Absol). In UU, Hypno, Lunastone, Solrock, Mr. Mime, Driftblim, Mawile, Girafarig and Volbeat are good. Some things that learn BP but shouldn't use it are Medicham (unless on a pure BP team and you had to come in early to clear up a threat), Masquerain (shouldn't be using this at all anyway), Huntail (use Gorebyss if you're going to pass), and several more. The craptacular electric rodent twins, Ledian, and Venomoth all pass relatively well too, if NU's your thing. Well not Ledian anymore. In ADV NU, Ledian was a formidable BPer with Swords Dance and Agility and great SpDef (especially for NU), but thanks to Stealth Rock... Lol.

asob4

Smash Champion
it's alright i got some from a friend already
i am looking for a fully ev trained and good iv'd bellyzard though =D
i have a fully ev'd lvl 40 starmie (spinner) and a lvl 55 tauros (CB) they just need to be brought up to 100
i'll throw in choice band and any tm

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Q:What would be the best nature for the pokemon I'm trying to breed?
Sceptile,Jolteon,Arcanine,and Metagross

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a male and female trapinch/vibrava/flygon that know both know earth power? I can offer Mild MYSTRY Mew and/or Aura Mew and/or Mild ???? Mew and/or Aromatheropy and Seismic toss relaxed chansey with Natural Cure. All untouched.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q:What would be the best nature for the pokemon I'm trying to breed?
Sceptile,Jolteon,Arcanine,and Metagross
Sceptile: Jolly if using physical attacks. Timid if using special attacks. Adamant or Modest if using Choice Scarf.

Jolteon: Modest or Timid.

Arcanine: Jolly or Adamant.

Metagross: Adamant for the most part. Jolly may also work.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

tshahi10

Smash Ace
what would be a good move set for an espeon that is a baton passer

and if you think using espeon as a baton passer is stupid please let me know
it is stupid

timid
calm mind
wish/moonlight (does it learn wish???)
psychc
baton pass

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
it is stupid

timid
calm mind
wish/moonlight (does it learn wish???)
psychc
baton pass
No it's not stupid. Yea it does learn Wish. You shouldn't be passing Wish from Espeon at all. It also doesn't learn Moonlight, and if you meant Morning Sun, it shouldn't go there either. The third slot should be either Substitute or an attack that covers what Psychic can't deal with. HP [Fighting] OHKOs Weavile on the switch, and hits Tyranitar relatively hard (2HKO with 1 CM). Grass Knot could work too, or HP [Ice] for dragons, all of which Espeon outspeeds by quite a bit. Espeon also doesn't fear Pursuit nearly as much as Alakazam, Gengar, or Azelf, as Baton Pass allows Espeon to run to safety. I'd use something like:

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 220 HP/92 SpDef/196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Substitute to lure in Weavile, BP out as it Pursuits, and come back after Weavile's dead. Lol.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Someone can recommend a Battle Tower team? I don't want to lose in the 60th battle again :(
Here is mine.

Lucario@Expert Belt
Adamant/Steadfast
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Crunch
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Stone Edge

Sceptile@Leftovers
Modest/Overgrow
252 Hp/150 Sp Atk/108 Spd
Substitute
Leech Life
Toxic
Energy Ball

Gengar@Wisdom Glasses
Modest/Levitate
252 Sp Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Focus Blast

ss118

Smash Master
For the Battle Tower, Just use CB Garchomp with Outrage. That's an easy way to rack 100+ wins with little to no attention span.
Now my question: what does Defog do inside of battle?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
For the Battle Tower, Just use CB Garchomp with Outrage. That's an easy way to rack 100+ wins with little to no attention span.
Now my question: what does Defog do inside of battle?
:link:
..I believe Defog eliminates wheather effects..though someone will have to clear it 100% for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom