• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q:

Why is this Video so funny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brc90oSzyys

Ok Real Question Time:

My Rhyperior has Dragon Rush instead of Avalanche to deal with Dragons, is this a smart move?
It's a good idea, but Avalanche would probably be better because Rhyperior will most likely survive unboosted Earthquakes and Dragon Claws and hit back with a boosted Avalanche, which is probably 4x Super Effective against the Dragon you're facing. You'd only have to watch out for SpecsMence's attacks, but maybe you could switch in on Flamethrower.

Of course, many Dragon users expect to see Avalanche on Rhyperior. Dragon Rush could surprise them. Of course, even if they stat up to:

1) Hit you harder, and
2) So Avalanche won't be boosted,

Remember that Avalanche is (probably) 4x Super Effective aginst them, and goes off Rhyperior's massive attack. I could do some damage caculations, if you'd like. Just edit your post asking for caculations.

Good job, guys. This thread seems to be running smoothly. Keep up the good work.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IC3R

Smash Lord
I've been thinking a lot about Hazers lately, and I was wondering:

Q - Does Haze cancel Stat changes or does it reduce the Stat to normal? And would it affect a Pokemon with a Clear Body?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I've been thinking a lot about Hazers lately, and I was wondering:

Q - Does Haze cancel Stat changes or does it reduce the Stat to normal? And would it affect a Pokemon with a Clear Body?
A - Haze cancels stat changes. It doesn't reduce them back to normal, like if you used Charm. Therefore, Haze works on Pokemon with Clear Body.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

D

Deleted member

WHy am i still not on the list

here's another question

What are Evs, or ivs, im confunded

ss118

Smash Master
As a Nasty Plot sweeper, or for Choice Specs.

How do I change the code for pokesav from the japanese code to the american one?
better yet, can some1 PM me a link to where I can download an American pokesav?

IC3R

Smash Lord
A: Like this...

Houndoom @ Wisdom Glasses/Life Orb/Expert Belt
Timid/Flash Fire
6 HP, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd
~Flamethrower
~HP Grass
~Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot/Will'o'Wisp

Q: Can anyone second this? It's more like an opinion than a fact...

MysticKenji

Smash Master

ss118

Smash Master
*Words of Scripture*
YOU ARE GOD!!!!
thanks =)
Edit: the file won't open on my computer O.o
Edit again: nevermind the last edit, I got it XD
Edit for final time: Wyzo's not working for it, neither, WHAT DO I DO GOD!?!
Edit for the final FINAL time: Completely works, thanks for the link

fluffy

Smash Champion
you may wanna change the title to something like "Official Q&A Thread" because "Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer" is kind of awkward.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Timid/Flash Fire
6 HP, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd
~Flamethrower
~HP Grass
~Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot/Will'o'Wisp

I'll try to get Hp Grass. I'll Nasty Plot it 'cause I already have a Burner on my team. Thanks.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord

Timid/Flash Fire
6 HP, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd
~Flamethrower
~HP Grass
~Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot/Will'o'Wisp

Q: Can anyone second this? It's more like an opinion than a fact...
I would actually use HP [Fighting] or if you're using Choice Scarf, maybe HP [Ice]. Grass really only covers Swampert and Rhyperior. In ADV, electric Pokemon argued between ice and grass, but with the dawn of DP, it's really become a skewed argument. Fighting to actually have a chance at Tyranitar (with Choice Scarf, Weavile too) or ice to take down Garchomp/Salamence/Flygon/Dragonite. Do keep in mind that all of those dragons are faster than you, so don't bother without a Choice Scarf. Oh, except Dragonite I guess. But since this is in game, many Hidden Power types are perfectly viable for Houndoom, and if you manage to breed a decent one with a 66+ Hidden Power in one of the following types, just take it: Electric (Gyarados and weakened waters), Grass (Rhyperior/Swampert), Fighting (Tyranitar and predict Weavile), Ground (nonScarf Heatran and other fires).

Pursuit is also an option to catch Azelf, Gengar and SpecsZams stuck on Psychic. If only this thing had more speed, it would be much more usable. Oh and there is absolutely no reason to Shadow Ball. Essentially same coverage for less power and nonSTAB. The chance to lower SpDef isn't worth Dark Pulse's added power + flinch. Fire Blast is also a (not suggested) option. With a Nasty Plot it's a 2HKO on Blissey, often even with Leftovers, but you really don't want your special sweeper to be missing at all.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I would actually use HP [Fighting] or if you're using Choice Scarf, maybe HP [Ice]. Grass really only covers Swampert and Rhyperior. In ADV, electric Pokemon argued between ice and grass, but with the dawn of DP, it's really become a skewed argument. Fighting to actually have a chance at Tyranitar (with Choice Scarf, Weavile too) or ice to take down Garchomp/Salamence/Flygon/Dragonite. Do keep in mind that all of those dragons are faster than you, so don't bother without a Choice Scarf. Oh, except Dragonite I guess. But since this is in game, many Hidden Power types are perfectly viable for Houndoom, and if you manage to breed a decent one with a 66+ Hidden Power in one of the following types, just take it: Electric (Gyarados and weakened waters), Grass (Rhyperior/Swampert), Fighting (Tyranitar and predict Weavile), Ground (nonScarf Heatran and other fires).

Pursuit is also an option to catch Azelf, Gengar and SpecsZams stuck on Psychic. If only this thing had more speed, it would be much more usable. Oh and there is absolutely do reason to Shadow Ball. Essentially same coverage for less power and nonSTAB. The chance to lower SpDef isn't worth Dark Pulse's added power + flinch. Fire Blast is also a (not suggested) option. With a Nasty Plot it's a 2HKO on Blissey, often even with Leftovers, but you really don't want your special sweeper to be missing at all.
Was that necessary...? By the way, Shadow Ball is for Infernape...but whatever...

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Sorry if I came off as too harsh, but I didn't mean to O_o. Either way, Infernape itself doesn't really warrant usage of Shadow Ball, as without Choice Scarf, you'll eat a Close Combat anyway.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, this is where the thread begins to get off kilter.

First off, the question (best way to use Houndoom) wasn't simple. Therefore, the answer is taking almost a full page of discussion. >_>;

Secondly, there's no definitive best use for any Pokémon, so the question itself is pretty terrible.

Basically, I'm saying that for future, all discussion regarding movesets and general Pokémon info should maybe go in a specific discussion thread for that Pokémon (since it's probably not applicable for Smogon Analyses RTPs, anyway).

Just tossing that out there.

P.S. - I also don't know if the boards have an official stance on whether or not discussion about hacking and/or hacking materials with hyperlinks is allowed, but Chill and Coen might want to consider discussing that issue, regardless of whether it gets allowed in the end or not.

Icon_of_Sin

Smash Apprentice
Q: why doesn't my phione contract pokerus? It was bred from the event manaphy, but that shouldn't matter right? Seriously, I have been running around and battling for too long.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
does anyone have a magmarizer, deep sea tooth, deep sea scale, king's rock (2 of them), and a dragon scale

i'll give a masterball for each one

also, does anyone have teh 3 regis that i could borrow, catch regigigas, and then trade them back

and maybe a gible and a feebas, cause i haven't found one in the wild yet and i was searching for them for an hour each

D

Deleted member

Q: why doesn't my phione contract pokerus? It was bred from the event manaphy, but that shouldn't matter right? Seriously, I have been running around and battling for too long.
maybe your not doing it right
its either, you put the pokerus infected second to last and the one you want to infect last, or vice versa, i forgot and i just did it to on my PBR electivire

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
maybe your not doing it right
its either, you put the pokerus infected second to last and the one you want to infect last, or vice versa, i forgot and i just did it to on my PBR electivire
The position in your party plays no role in infection. The Phione just has bad luck =/

D

Deleted member

The position in your party plays no role in infection. The Phione just has bad luck =/
probably, thats just the way i do it. it usually works after like three tries, the phione may already have it, check if there is a small smiley face

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
wow, i havent posted here for a while... well, i got a pearl and i need some pokes....
-a male sneasel that knows ice punch
any decent natures of the following pokes:
-heracross
-gible
-munchlax
-riolu
-hippoopotas

note: if u have any evolutions of any of the pokes i am looking for that would work too...
any help is appreciated... i can offer lots of things.. just name it...

Icon_of_Sin

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha...I'm sure it doesn't already have it, I've done this before. For some reason it just doesn't get infected. Guess I will have to train it the slower way... Thanks anyways guys.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You have to last for ten bonus rounds at the slots, I believe.

Once you get that far, talk to the receptionist and she should give it to you.

Reanu

Smash Cadet
:yoshi: You have to last for ten bonus rounds at the slots, I believe.

Once you get that far, talk to the receptionist and she should give it to you.
Ok...but I don't understand how to activate the bonus rounds...

Sorry...I'm a noob at this...:ohwell:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q: OK, let's say I have a Choice Specs Sceptile. It is Timid with 252 EVs in Special Attack and Speed. Now, an obvious way to safely switch Sceptile in would be on a predicted Surf or Thunderbolt. Not only does Sceptile resist them, but it has decent Special Defense. Now, here's my question: Will Sceptile take less damage from those attacks if the remaining 6 EVs went into HP or Special Defense?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Q: OK, let's say I have a Choice Specs Sceptile. It is Timid with 252 EVs in Special Attack and Speed. Now, an obvious way to safely switch Sceptile in would be on a predicted Surf or Thunderbolt. Not only does Sceptile resist them, but it has decent Special Defense. Now, here's my question: Will Sceptile take less damage from those attacks if the remaining 6 EVs went into HP or Special Defense?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
The Sp. Def for sure, cuz that six hp is not going to do much at all, but that sp. def will soften the blow

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok here's a question, but it's not so simple. I've already asked a bunch of people, but almost none of them could draw a 100% sure-ish conclusion.

Say, Breloom vs Bliss. Breloom Spores. Bliss is fast asleep. Assuming the Bliss has Natural Cure, Breloom predicts the switch and spores again.

What if, yes IF, the Bliss has Serene Grace? It will not heal from Sleep and Sleep Clause will be activated. Therefore, the Breloom is actually risking activating Sleep Clause, if he doesn't know the ability of the Bliss yet.

I'm confuzzled.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Ok here's a question, but it's not so simple. I've already asked a bunch of people, but almost none of them could draw a 100% sure-ish conclusion.

Say, Breloom vs Bliss. Breloom Spores. Bliss is fast asleep. Assuming the Bliss has Natural Cure, Breloom predicts the switch and spores again.

What if, yes IF, the Bliss has Serene Grace? It will not heal from Sleep and Sleep Clause will be activated. Therefore, the Breloom is actually risking activating Sleep Clause, if he doesn't know the ability of the Bliss yet.

I'm confuzzled.
in that situation i would use the highest damage physical attack you have and not worry about the spore. but there is no way to tellt the ability unless you have seen it fight for a few turns. sry best i've got

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course people would more likely do other stuff, but those are not the situations I'm asking about. 'I would not use Spore at that moment' and 'No Bliss has Serene Grace' are not of any matter.

psychic turnip

Smash Apprentice
Q: i just traded and got a Kirlia that I wanted so I could evlove it to gardevior but its level 100
is there any way I can still evolve it i dont think there is
PS: It's a shiny Kirlia which makes me mad

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
The answer, like previously stated, would be Special Defense. However, the difference is so minimal that in many cases, the HP would be better. For example, a Surf from no SpAtk Milotic hitting 6 SpDef Sceptile does a minimum of 21%. The same Milotic hitting a 6 HP Sceptile does a minimum of 21.28%. The difference is negligible, and HP is a vital stat to have at a magic number to optimize for Leftovers recovery and whatnot, so depending on your IVs, putting it in HP might be better. Putting it in HP also helps you take Earthquakes more, but like taking Surfs, the difference is negligible.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
The answer, like previously stated, would be Special Defense. However, the difference is so minimal that in many cases, the HP would be better. For example, a Surf from no SpAtk Milotic hitting 6 SpDef Sceptile does a minimum of 21%. The same Milotic hitting a 6 HP Sceptile does a minimum of 21.28%. The difference is negligible, and HP is a vital stat to have at a magic number to optimize for Leftovers recovery and whatnot, so depending on your IVs, putting it in HP might be better. Putting it in HP also helps you take Earthquakes more, but like taking Surfs, the difference is negligible.
well ecuuuse me for not taking te time to find out exact numbers, but i still had the right answer. this is suppose to be simple answers not answers that have been detailed down to the atom. anyways i salute you for knowing that then slap you with the other hand for taking that much time out of your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom