• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
well ecuuuse me for not taking te time to find out exact numbers, but i still had the right answer. this is suppose to be simple answers not answers that have been detailed down to the atom. anyways i salute you for knowing that then slap you with the other hand for taking that much time out of your day.
Maybe I should take fluffy's advice and change the title to Official Q & A thread...

I support MysticKenji on the SWF survivor thing.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
well ecuuuse me for not taking te time to find out exact numbers, but i still had the right answer. this is suppose to be simple answers not answers that have been detailed down to the atom. anyways i salute you for knowing that then slap you with the other hand for taking that much time out of your day.
Lol sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong, cuz you weren't. Just bringing up several other possibilities.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Q: i just traded and got a Kirlia that I wanted so I could evlove it to gardevior but its level 100
is there any way I can still evolve it i dont think there is
PS: It's a shiny Kirlia which makes me mad
That Kirlia is stuck a Kirlia...
Too bad :(
Actually, if I am correct, you can use a Dawn Stone on it and evolve it into a Gallade...of course, it must be a Male.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Yeah I am aware of that, but, if he doesn't want a[worthless in my mind]Kirlia, he at least has another option that I am not sure if he was aware of.;)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i don't know if i have any of those, but i'll check tomorrow

i could breed a decent adamant one though

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
H@wK's back

How much accuracy Wise Lens can boost? (Need some calculations) Same goes with Razor Fang/Claw [critical/flinching] (How much?) D:

Example: Hypnosis base acc is 70. With WL it goes up to [insert amount here]

You got the point ;)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Can someone please help me get a Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr?

Any nature, any lvl, I'm just going to breed it anyways :)

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Is anyone willing to trade a Riolu?My gf is wanting one and I would trade her mine,but I happened to have traded it to a friend.I'll give anyone my manaphy I've had since I hatched it.Its at lv.1 holding a salac berry.I don't care what lv Riolu is or anything.Just trying to help out my gf since she's just starting off on the game.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
H@wK's back

How much accuracy Wise Lens can boost? (Need some calculations) Same goes with Razor Fang/Claw [critical/flinching] (How much?) D:

Example: Hypnosis base acc is 70. With WL it goes up to [insert amount here]

You got the point ;)

(no answer, this question just goes in the critical hit area)
..Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the highest critical hit ratio you can get to 50%?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Is anyone willing to trade a Riolu?My gf is wanting one and I would trade her mine,but I happened to have traded it to a friend.I'll give anyone my manaphy I've had since I hatched it.Its at lv.1 holding a salac berry.I don't care what lv Riolu is or anything.Just trying to help out my gf since she's just starting off on the game.
i can get u a riolu. i don't want manaphy though. got something like a houndour or torchic?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
(no answer, this question just goes in the critical hit area)
..Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the highest critical hit ratio you can get to 50%?
That is correct.

The critical hit stages are 6%, 13%, 25%, 33%, and 50%. All moves start at stage 1 except the high crit ratio ones, which start at stage 2. Super Luck boosts that 1 stage, I believe, but I can't recall exactly. Focus Energy in DP boosts your crit by 2 stages now, and I believe Scope Lens and Razor Claw are both 1 stage, but I can't be sure. I know that Scope Lens is one, but Razor Claw... I would assume also is one, but I'm just guessing. Hmm. For example, a Honchkrow with Super Luck (+1) using Night Slash (+1) while holding Scope Lens (+1) would have a critical ratio of 33% (4 stage crit = 33%). Stage 5 is max, so no Farfetch'd Stick haxzorz 4 j00.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I can breed one.I have blaziken and houndoom so I could have the pokemon of your choice by 7:00 p.m.I'm currently about to go out to eat with my family.Just pm me you friend code and trainer name.Here's mine.

Trainer Name-Talon
F/C-3479-9585-4262

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I've seen STAB on Serebii alot usually in the Pokemon of the Day section, what does it mean?
Sorry if this has been asked.
That is a question you should ask your friends, not a bunch of strangers that will laugh and poke fun at you.

i will not post these thoughts though, cuz i remember not knowing what it ment.

it means Same Type Attack Bonus, S T A B

basicly fire types have stronger fire attacks than non-fire types

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can breed one.I have blaziken and houndoom so I could have the pokemon of your choice by 7:00 p.m.I'm currently about to go out to eat with my family.Just pm me you friend code and trainer name.Here's mine.

Trainer Name-Talon
F/C-3479-9585-4262
Ugh. School downs me until weekends...

tshahi10

Smash Ace
That is a question you should ask your friends, not a bunch of strangers that will laugh and poke fun at you.

i will not post these thoughts though, cuz i remember not knowing what it ment.

it means Same Type Attack Bonus, S T A B

basicly fire types have stronger fire attacks than non-fire types
his friends would probably poke fun at him for being a noob, or for playing pokemon
yeah like sid, 1.5 increase
that is why its some times not very smart to use, say brickbreak while using metagross. super effective BB is 150 power, same is meteor mash.

likewise, a stabbed aeial ace on a gyara would do less than a normal EQ
60x1.5=90
100=100

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Heh, thanks, only one of my friends plays Pokemon and he is even more nooby than me, I had to trade him three members of my team so that he could beat the League. :dizzy:
For the record I knew that fire attacks did more damage with fire types etc, I just didn't know thats what STAB stood for.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
Heh, thanks, only one of my friends plays Pokemon and he is even more nooby than me, I had to trade him three members of my team so that he could beat the League. :dizzy:
For the record I knew that fire attacks did more damage with fire types etc, I just didn't know thats what STAB stood for.
well, wrether you knew it or not it was a good example, that's why i added that.

and i must ask, what's your curent team? you may not be as much of a noob as you think, we'll decide

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Haven't been playing long... this is my team at the moment (i have an RMT going in the Rating Roome).

Lucario – Amulet Coin (need good item for him) – Inner Focus – Impish (-Sp. Atk + Def)
EQ
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Extremespeed/Psychic/Dark Pulse

Lvl 70
HP – 208
Atk – 185
Def – 155
Sp. Atk – 180
Sp. Def – 138
Spd – 149

I really need help with the moveset and the item here, but he owns most Pokemon his level at the moment.

Salamence (physical orientated) – Adamant Orb (errrghh) – Intimidate – Docile (neutral)
Fly/Roost
EQ
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower/Roost

Lvl 78
HP – 258
Atk – 246
Def – 152
Sp. Atk – 201
Sp. Def – 144
Spd - 178

My best Pokemon by far, he hits unbelievably hard even for normal effevtiveness and he’s durable and quick. Not sure if I should have roost or not, is it worth having over an extra attack?

Rampardos – Razor Fang – Mold Breaker – Adamant (+Atk – Sp Atk)
Stone Edge
EQ
Avalanche
Giga Impact

Lvl. 63
HP – 210
Atk – 250
Def – 92
Sp. Atk – 99
Sp. Def – 79
Spd – 108

His attack stat is very high but he sucks in everything else.

That's the team I have currently, but in my RMT thread Metadour-2 offered to make me this team completely flawless (lvl 100, EVed properly, and best movesets). However, I requested that as long as he was offering to make me a team, he might as well make it comprised of the following pokemon, which I think is a much better team than my current team. I am eagerly awaiting his reply.

(my dream Team :))

Dragonite @Leftovers/Persim (i think, i mean the confuse healing one) Berry@Jolly
Dragon Dance
Outrage/Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw
Thunder/Fire Punch
Roost

Ummm... I'm gonna have a go and try to sound like I half know what I'm talking about here. This guy is my "physical sweeper". Basically I would try and to DD about thrice and than beign combat, roosting when nessacary.(sp?)

Tyranitar @LifeOrb@Adamant
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
EQ
Crunch

I jumped on the bandwagon. Yes I know it is a very unoriginal moveset. Another Physical Sweeper with more or less the same game plan as Dragonite, except that I have to be mindful of my health. DD and start combat. Two of my attacks are STABBED (hah!).

Metagross @Leftovers@Impish (I'm stuck for a moveset here)
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Thunder Punch
Explosion/EQ

Now, I know I want to have Metagross in my team, because he is awesome, but I don't know what role he should fill, that moveset was basically me just throwing an idea out there. Help Needed!

Milotic @??@Calm
Surf
Recover
Lightscreen/Refresh
Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam

My undecided "special wall" Lightscreen or Refresh or both and lose my only other attack? Hmmm

Foretress (completely lost on ideas for this guy, but somehow i think i need him...)
Spikes
Toxic
Explosion
Gyrol Ball??

My "physical wall" and start up Pokemon. Toxic, Spikes, Gyro (or other attack if i get one) until close to death and then explode his face.

Swampert @Leftovers @Careful
Avalance
EQ
Waterfall
Curse

Curse, curse curse attack. Basically

Well there you go, the second team is better right? But this team lacks a speicla sweeper... hmm just saw that. Ah well! Decide my noobiness ;)
Oh. and here is my RMT thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2890030#post2890030
The first page is completely stupid, that's when I was ultra ultra noob.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Someone else who uses Rampardos other than me? Im shocked, yet oddly pleased.
It doesn't matter how high you max out his speed with EV's, he still gets outsped by pokemon that have at least one move he's weak to that have been moderately EV'd. I mean come on, a standard Staraptor with Close Combat can OHKO him.

That's pretty sad, even for a rock pokemon, but I'll still use him anyway.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Q: Is there a nice Charizrd set around here? Thanks in advance.
It depends. Do you want Charizard to be a physical sweeper or a special sweeper?

If you mean a "secret" set, then, no, not that I know of.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
No secret set. Just a special sweeper. Thanks in advance.
Q: OK, try:

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Blaze
Modest / Timid
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 6 Def
-Overheat / Flamethrower
-HP Grass / HP Electric / Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast / Focus Punch

Overheat or Flamethrower are for STAB. I recommend Overheat.

The HPs are for predicted Swampert or Gyarados switch-ins, because they'd think you're BellyZard. Air Slash for STAB.

Dragon Pulse for the Dragons.

Focus Blast is a strong Fighting special attack. Focus Punch is for Blissey, once they realize your Charizard is Specs.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Interesting idea.

I'd avoid running both Air Slash and Flamethrower/Overheat, though, as fire and flying have extremely redundant type coverage. Fire is good because it can hit steels and flying is good because it gets water neutral and fighters for super effective, but the only fighters staying in on you are the ones with Stone Edge or Thunderpunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom