• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, I don't really consider looks in how cool a Pokemon is. I mainly care about stats. If their stats are great then awesome, and if they look cool while having great stats, that is amazing.
Honestly, that's the complete opposite why I like Pokemon. Some of my favorites are utterly useless in competitive play. But any way, I don't want to get too far off topic XD

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
But to me, Charizard's bloated status and really any lack of power pre-gen 6 made me question if the people referred to Charizard from the anime being awesome or the actual games themselves. In either situation, the best to me was the water starters.
#Quenchedthirst
I'd say the anime helped a lot. Since Ash never evolved Bulbasaur or Squirtle. Charizard and was really the only fully evolved pokemon that was around towards the beginning. (butterfree wasn't around long)

But mainly I think its because its a dragon (looking) pokemon that breathes fire (also fire tail).
What's cooler to a child? A dragon, a giant frog plant, or a turtle with super soakers in its back.
Most kids are going to choose the dragon. Plus fire is more violent. So there's that.

To me its
Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard
Both mega charizards are cooler than mega blastoise to me...but thankfully those are temporary.
Honestly, that's the complete opposite why I like Pokemon. Some of my favorites are utterly useless in competitive play. But any way, I don't want to get too far off topic XD

Same. I don't look at stats. Just their moves, and their designs.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I'd say the anime helped a lot. Since Ash never evolved Bulbasaur or Squirtle. Charizard and was really the only fully evolved pokemon that was around towards the beginning. (butterfree wasn't around long) Squirtle Squad bro. Maybe if it made more appearances then Squirtle could be more popular. Anyway, it does not help that the shows antagonist, Gary owned a Blastoise.

But mainly I think its because its a dragon (looking) pokemon that breathes fire (also fire tail).
What's cooler to a child? A dragon, a giant frog plant, or a turtle with super soakers in its back.
Most kids are going to choose the dragon. Plus fire is more violent. So there's that. Fire has never been me. When I think of fire, I think of rash, impulsive, and lack of utility. Dragons have never really piqued my fantasies, so I don't really care for the design. As a child I believed the Pokemon with the "super soakers in its back" was cooler than the extremely moody, overrated, hm slave that is Charizard. Don't mean to sound like Misty, but Water is arguably the best type as it hits 3 types for 2x, has only 2 weaknesses, and hits the other 15 for great neutral damage across the board. the only type that even comes close to emulating that is dragon which got nerfed this gen.

To me its
Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard What you are saying is Venusaur is the best and Charizard is the worst. I believe you want to say: Charizard>Blastoise>Venusaur.
Both mega charizards are cooler than mega blastoise to me...but thankfully those are temporary.

Same. I don't look at stats. Just their moves, and their designs....Which would be utterly useless without decent stats to back it up. Arcanine has great stats, design, and a shallow, but useful movepool, yet an inferior Pokemon like Charizard gets all the glory? C'mon.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I mean, did we make you mad? It's opinions. . . People like Pokemon for different reasons. No need to bash people's favorite Pokemon just because someone like a variety of Pokemon. I could say the same about the water starters. They make GREAT HM slaves in Sapphire and Ruby. Surf, waterfall, dive, strength. There's a lot of water in the game.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
No, I'm not mad at all. What I am saying is that I don't really understand the love for Charizard, AT ALL. In fact, the gentleman I replied to seemed more mad that I even was saying stats is more important or claiming the mighty Kamex is a turtle with super soakers attached. I mean for goodness sake why say that and try to weaken my opinion while trying to boost yours? I could have easily pointed out the serious design in Charizard: the tail (those who know what I am talking about). The thing is about a water hm slave, they gain surf which is all round used to this competitive day. Anyway, as I pointed out Arcanine is clearly a better Pokemon stats and movepool wise yet gets overshadowed by its winged cousin for no justifiable reason. This leaves scratching my head and question the rationality of Poke fans as to what they believe a good Pokemon is.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People like whatever they want to like. How "good" a Pokemon depends on who you are asking.

Arcanine is a completely different Pokemon that has different advantages and weakness. Movepool limits are one thing, but Charizard has a Ground immunity, higher Speed/Sp. Atk, Belly Drum/Dragon Dance to physically boost with, and obviously Mega Evolutions. Additionally both are equally "overshadowed" for being Fire types in general (one of the weakest types defensively), yet popularized because Fire is cool/1st Gen status/individual stuff (obviously Charizard being a starter contributes to his popularity, and that HM Slave thing applies to it as well since it can learn Fly/Cut/Dig/Strength/etc.).

Either way none of that matters to Pokemon Trainer in and of itself. I like all 3 starters equally, regardless of whether or not they are "good Pokemon" or have good stats (stats obviously had no say in anything relating to Smash, considering Pikachu has crappy stats/is always guaranteed, yet Mewtwo had great stats, was cut, and was relatively weak in his Smash appearance), nor if they are the ones I identified with as a child (Charmander master race, despite Water being one of my fav type. Also as a side note it's not even arguably the best type. Defensively that's Steel, and offensively it's Ghost).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
No, I'm not mad at all. What I am saying is that I don't really understand the love for Charizard, AT ALL. In fact, the gentleman I replied to seemed more mad that I even was saying stats is more important or claiming the mighty Kamex is a turtle with super soakers attached. I mean for goodness sake why say that and try to weaken my opinion while trying to boost yours? I could have easily pointed out the serious design in Charizard: the tail (those who know what I am talking about). The thing is about a water hm slave, they gain surf which is all round used to this competitive day. Anyway, as I pointed out Arcanine is clearly a better Pokemon stats and movepool wise yet gets overshadowed by its winged cousin for no justifiable reason. This leaves scratching my head and question the rationality of Poke fans as to what they believe a good Pokemon is.
Well, we're talking about one of the original starters. That alone boosts Charizard over Arcanine in terms of popularity. And as stated above, Charaizard's design really appeals to kids compared to the other two starters. I'm not saying the other two weren't popular. Even still, he has a basic yet cool design, these however are all opinions. I've already agreed with you that Charizard is indeed overrated, but that doesn't change my view of him/her. I can't control the little kids that go on Youtube and say, "Charizard iz dee bezt Pokemanz." But now saying he's unusable is wrong. Completely wrong. X/Y gave him the boost he needed and now look where he ranks. You may hate him, but there's no reason to bash other people or keep asking why they like him after they tell you their reasons. I respect your opinion though.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
People like whatever they want to like. How "good" a Pokemon depends on who you are asking.

Arcanine is a completely different Pokemon that has different advantages and weakness. Movepool limits are one thing, but Charizard has a Ground immunity, higher Speed/Sp. Atk, Belly Drum/Dragon Dance to physically boost with, and obviously Mega Evolutions
(Charizard Y is the only usable on to get Drought up in my opinion, hence more people use Charizard Y also, but I would not waste a Mega Ring slot for something a Ninetales can do). Additionally both are equally "overshadowed" for being Fire types in general (one of the weakest types defensively), yet popularized because Fire is cool/1st Gen status/individual stuff (obviously Charizard being a starter contributes to his popularity, and that HM Slave thing applies to it as well since it can learn Fly/Cut/Dig/Strength/etc.). I already called Charizard a HM slave.

Either way none of that matters to Pokemon Trainer in and of itself. I like all 3 starters equally, regardless of whether or not they are "good Pokemon" or have good stats (stats obviously had no say in anything relating to Smash, considering Pikachu has crappy stats/is always guaranteed, yet Mewtwo had great stats, was cut, and was relatively weak in his Smash appearance), nor if they are the ones I identified with as a child (Charmander master race, despite Water being one of my fav type. Also as a side note it's not even arguably the best type. Defensively that's Steel, and offensively it's Ghost).
Steel suffers offensively and Ghost suffers defensively. Water covers those both areas in a decent manner without giving one a clear advantage. I could delve into detail how and why Arcanine still wrecks X or Y Charizard, but that requires this thread to completely shift focus onto Pokemon, not Smash.

Well, we're talking about one of the original starters. That alone boosts Charizard over Arcanine in terms of popularity. And as stated above, Charaizard's design really appeals to kids compared to the other two starters. I'm not saying the other two weren't popular. Even still, he has a basic yet cool design, these however are all opinions. I've already agreed with you that Charizard is indeed overrated, but that doesn't change my view of him/her. I can't control the little kids that go on Youtube and say, "Charizard iz dee bezt Pokemanz." But now saying he's unusable is wrong. Completely wrong. X/Y gave him the boost he needed and now look where he ranks. You may hate him, but there's no reason to bash other people or keep asking why they like him after they tell you their reasons. I respect your opinion though.
I don't per se hate him, but just don't understand the love, same with the mascot. Charizard has lost the title of being unusable, but is still not that great in the general in the battling scene. Instead of going farther into the tangent, which I've somehow brought many people into, my last statement of the matter is Squirtle is the master race! Squirtle Squad for FS and FTW!.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Steel suffers offensively and Ghost suffers defensively. Water covers those both areas in a decent manner without giving one a clear advantage.
It depends on which Pokemon you're referring to. Steel types like Scizor or Lucario do not suffer offensively with boosted Bullet Punch, especially since Fairy types came into the picture. Likewise, Ghost types are actually pretty solid with 2 resistances, 2 immunities, and only 2 weaknesses. And most Ghost types usually have a secondary typing/ability to give them even more resistances/immunities. Water types aside from Keldeo/Greninja aren't usually offensive-oriented (not counting weather, of course), and there's more than a few abilities that make Pokemon immune to Water. As I said, I love Water, but it has too many shortcomings to be considered the best type.

Anyway as you said, refocusing on Smash, I can see Squirtle having more anime influence for its attacks this time. It doing Hydro Pump by going into its shell/spinning would be mint.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Do you all think the Trainer will change? Personally I thought he was going to be announced to promote Pokemon Origins.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Squirtle Squad bro. Maybe if it made more appearances then Squirtle could be more popular. Anyway, it does not help that the shows antagonist, Gary owned a Blastoise.

I don't really think Gary appeared or battled using Blastoise enough to matter too much.

Fire has never been me. When I think of fire, I think of rash, impulsive, and lack of utility. Dragons have never really piqued my fantasies, so I don't really care for the design. As a child I believed the Pokemon with the "super soakers in its back" was cooler than the extremely moody, overrated, hm slave that is Charizard. Don't mean to sound like Misty, but Water is arguably the best type as it hits 3 types for 2x, has only 2 weaknesses, and hits the other 15 for great neutral damage across the board. the only type that even comes close to emulating that is dragon which got nerfed this gen.

Cool, I guess. I was replying on the whole "made me question if the people referred to Charizard from the anime being awesome or the actual games themselves." Thing, but okay. I was just saying why Charizard is probably more popular, because most children in general will pick fire, and dragons. No one really cared about stats when the series started. I wasn't slamming your opinion I was stating what each pokemon looks like. If you can look at Blatoise and not see super soakers. Good for you. Sit a child down and they see it shoot water out of cannons. Its a super soaker.

What you are saying is Venusaur is the best and Charizard is the worst. I believe you want to say: Charizard>Blastoise>Venusaur.
No. Stating my opinion on which of the starters I prefer. I prefer Venusaur over the other two. So no, that's not what I meant to say.

Which would be utterly useless without decent stats to back it up. Arcanine has great stats, design, and a shallow, but useful movepool, yet an inferior Pokemon like Charizard gets all the glory? C'mon.
Which I'll just restate: I don't care about stats. That's not how I play pokemon. I'm not going to train an ugly pokemon for hours, just so I can beat someone online who spent a week getting a shiny pokemon with perfect stats. Who will unpredictable have a pokemon with toxic spikes and/or stone edges. Like that never gets old or boring. I'd rather spend my time battling my boyfriend and people I actually know who don't religiously go to serebii for suggested movesets for pokemon. If you like playing online, and doing all the tedious work of getting perfect stats that's great, but stressing Arcanine is a better pokemon doesn't matter to me at all.
No, I'm not mad at all. What I am saying is that I don't really understand the love for Charizard, AT ALL. In fact, the gentleman I replied to seemed more mad that I even was saying stats is more important or claiming the mighty Kamex is a turtle with super soakers attached. I mean for goodness sake why say that and try to weaken my opinion while trying to boost yours?
I'm not mad but...

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
> Sees a response full of holes and strange logic, but decides to completely ignore it. WHY? Everyone else in the tangent has moved back to the actual topic of thread, so I suggest you do too.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I want two things to happen to Pokemon Trainer.
1: His name should be changed to Red.
2: Instead of having Squirtle :squirtle:, Ivysaur :ivysaur:, and Charizard :charizard:, he should have Blastoise :009:, Venusaur :003:, and Charizard :006:. They shouldn't show favoritism.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I want two things to happen to Pokemon Trainer.
1: His name should be changed to Red.
2: Instead of having Squirtle :squirtle:, Ivysaur :ivysaur:, and Charizard :charizard:, he should have Blastoise :009:, Venusaur :003:, and Charizard :006:. They shouldn't show favoritism.
But I liked Squirtle if only Sakurai included the Squad and shades and Poke Trainer gave some much needed love to mid evolutions like Ivysaur. Having Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard does not offer the dynamically different playstyle that the Brawl Pokemon Trainer offered. I do agree that that the Poke Trainer can changed for Green (Gary) or Leaf or Red, but no one really cares for the trainer, but for the Pokemon.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
But I liked Squirtle if only Sakurai included the Squad and shades and Poke Trainer gave some much needed love to mid evolutions like Ivysaur. Having Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard does not offer the dynamically different playstyle that the Brawl Pokemon Trainer offered. I do agree that that the Poke Trainer can changed for Green (Gary) or Leaf or Red, but no one really cares for the trainer, but for the Pokemon.
But it's not fair to the people who like Blastoise or Venusaur the best.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
But it's not fair to the people who like Blastoise or Venusaur the best.
Yes I agree with that, but among those three, Charizard offered more as different heavy weight with the access of wings. Trust me, Charizard is not my favorite (look on the past couple of pages), but I do think it offered more than the other 2.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
For me, I think that Pokémon Trainer is one of the most likely characters to get cut (aside from Ike, but that's another discussion). If we attribute Lucario's return to his new relevance as a Mega Evolution (which makes Mewtwo's return look unlikely imo), then the Pokémon Trainer is a tough call. On one hand, Charizard has 2 megas, but the other 3 don't. If he does return, I would bet that he gets an update.

Let's consider the Pokémon we have thus far: Pikachu, Lucario, probably Jigglypuff, possibly Mewtwo. No Kalos Pokémon. Noone to represent the new highly successful X and Y games on the 3DS. Nintendo wouldn't leave that game out of the picture. And what a perfect way to represent the new region in Smash than with the starter Pokémon? You could argue for any combination of the 3 families of Pokémon. Personally, I think that Froakie, Braixen, and Chesnaught make for the best group. Froakie is the fast but frail, combo-heavy fighter with low traction. Braixen is a sort of mage, with ranged fire attacks, and good grab game with her psychic attacks; sort of a faster but weaker Zelda. Chesnaught is the heavy fighter, slow but strong with some armor properties.

This isn't likely to happen at all, it's mostly just my rambling speculation. I could write more if you guys want, I seriously think about this stuff way too much.

Other than that, a removal of the forced switch and stamina mechanics would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. People don't like Lucario's aura mechanic, and how does Nintendo respond? Make it more prominent.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
U'know, many people like Greninja, but that idea sounds pretty rad right there. SIgn me up!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
For me, I think that Pokémon Trainer is one of the most likely characters to get cut (aside from Ike, but that's another discussion). If we attribute Lucario's return to his new relevance as a Mega Evolution (which makes Mewtwo's return look unlikely imo), then the Pokémon Trainer is a tough call. On one hand, Charizard has 2 megas, but the other 3 don't. If he does return, I would bet that he gets an update.

Let's consider the Pokémon we have thus far: Pikachu, Lucario, probably Jigglypuff, possibly Mewtwo. No Kalos Pokémon. Noone to represent the new highly successful X and Y games on the 3DS. Nintendo wouldn't leave that game out of the picture.
Sakurai at least said he's thinking about Mewtwo in an interview.

All main pokemon games are pretty successful, and x and y didn't come out before production of smash began, so success probably isn't even a factor/wasn't a factor until a few months ago.

“Well first of all, we talk with The Pokémon Company,” Sakurai began explaining to NowGamer. “What’s the hot Pokémon? What Pokémon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.

“For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.

“But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.”
Popularity wise no starters are going to beat kanto. So unless the pokemon company suggests it/pushes for it, I doubt they'll be changed out to different starters. I don't think there are any popular stand out pokemon from kalos besides the starters? Movie wise we have genesect, mewtwo, and Diancie.

Plus to replace them new movesets would have to be made for all three... so I'm not really counting on gen 5 or 6 getting a playable pokemon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Forgive me if such a concept has been discussed before, but there's a possible elephant in the room that I'd like to address.

Charizard separating from the trainer and becoming its own character slot. It's obvious that Game Freak loves to shove Charizard in our faces 24/7, especially lately with the starring role it had in the Origins anime and the fact that it has two Mega forms (which I think is total BS). So why not go one step further and have the Zard be its own character?

I'd personally hate such an idea, and it doesn't sound likely at all, but I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Forgive me if such a concept has been discussed before, but there's a possible elephant in the room that I'd like to address.

Charizard separating from the trainer and becoming its own character slot. It's obvious that Game Freak loves to shove Charizard in our faces 24/7, especially lately with the starring role it had in the Origins anime and the fact that it has two Mega forms (which I think is total BS). So why not go one step further and have the Zard be its own character?

I'd personally hate such an idea, and it doesn't sound likely at all, but I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion...
I was thinking that too, as much as I like the dragon, he should NOT be a separate character. Personally, I'd be fine with it due to him being my favorite, but I think Charizard should stay with the Pokémon Trainer.
I don't know why Charizard and Mewtwo received two megas. That is indeed BS. Just like how Blaziken has a mega but Swampert and Sceptile do not.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I was thinking that too, as much as I like the dragon, he should NOT be a separate character. Personally, I'd be fine with it due to him being my favorite, but I think Charizard should stay with the Pokémon Trainer.
I don't know why Charizard and Mewtwo received two megas. That is indeed BS. Just like how Blaziken has a mega but Swampert and Sceptile do not.
That's one of the reasons why I hate the Mega mechanic. Literally its real purpose is to further glorify Pokemon that are already uber popular. If that wasn't clear enough in of itself, Game Freak blatantly said the reason why no gen VI Pokemon had Mega forms was so that they could gauge which ones ended up becoming popular.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Poke fans like fire. To save time and $$ they gave the Fire type starters all the Megas since they knew the fans would love it. Remember when Venusaur got its Mega? No one cared, though it arguably got the biggest buff.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I would like to see Braixen!

If they did the Kalos Trainer, then definitely put Serena as the alternative costume.

As for color schemes, include shiny Braixen.

I'm not trying to ignore Chesnaught and Greninja, I just like Braixen best, in fact I like Braixen better than both Fenniken and Delphox, and I do agree that just putting a team of Kalos starters Chesnaught, Braixen and Greninja would be pretty cool.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, does anyone else think that the Pokemon Trainer could be revealed on the last day of March? Revealing what is technically three characters at once could be a good way to make up for the lack of other character reveals this month, not to mention that the last POTD was a more detailed explanation of the Prism Tower stage. Possible hints, perhaps?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So, does anyone else think that the Pokemon Trainer could be revealed on the last day of March? Revealing what is technically three characters at once could be a good way to make up for the lack of other character reveals this month, not to mention that the last POTD was a more detailed explanation of the Prism Tower stage. Possible hints, perhaps?
I've thought that and it would make sense, but I doubt it sadly. I really want my main back with the same Pokémon. I think we'll go without a reveal this month, I'd just like to know why though. . .

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
No, Sakurai literally showed us everything this month except a character. He pulled everything out of his hat to satisfy us. He has 1/31 chance of revealing a character and characters are generally revealed on a Thursday AND the odds of choosing them over some veteran.

If he does reveal a character, I'd have low expectations for Pokemon Trainer.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've thought that and it would make sense, but I doubt it sadly. I really want my main back with the same Pokémon. I think we'll go without a reveal this month, I'd just like to know why though. . .
I'm trying to remain optimistic here (which is rather hard because I'm actually a pessimist), because after all, didn't we get Lucario at the last possible minute of January? I'd given up hope for a second reveal for that month, but then we got quite the treat. Anyway, a simultaneous three character reveal would actually explain the lack of character reveals this month. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's a possible explanation for why events have unfolded like they have.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am pretty sure it'll be the Kanto Trainer again. Very likely he'll have the same trio of Pokémon to. Charizard is just too damn iconic to be thrown out now.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
WHAT DOES IT MEAN? WHERE IS IVYSAUR'S PLACE IN LIFE? IS IT IN? IS IT OUT?

I'm having a real problem here guys, I'm going to be absolutely pissed if I lose my best fighter two games in a roy row.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok grab your tissues charizard is confirm playable and alone so pokemon trainer is dead the first kicked character of the game ivysaur and squirtle R.I.P

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Sakurai just said that characters can no longer transform. That plus Charizard being a standalone character means PT is cut. I for one am glad my favorite of the trio is still in the game, but I'll miss Squirtle and Ivysaur.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Poor Swampysaur. He's probably feeling this right now. :( But you know, at least we got to keep Charizard.

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai just said that characters can no longer transform. That plus Charizard being a standalone character means PT is cut. I for one am glad my favorite of the trio is still in the game, but I'll miss Squirtle and Ivysaur.
That doesn't mean squirtle and ivy can't make it in, it just means if they do, they'll be seperate characters.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

I called it. I freaking called it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We need to Split this into Squitle and Ivysaur. I could see them being unlockable or DLC

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This makes the second game in a row where one of my mains gets cut...kind of since Charizard is at least back.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This thread will stay open. As Sakurai said, transforming characters are now stand alone so there's still hope for Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Sorry Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom