• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
After Mac's meter was unveiled, it got me thinking about PT's stamina. The problem I always had with it is that I just forget about it. Would it be better if there was a meter indicating fatigue?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Or if stamina was completely eradicated since it is not really canon so long you do not have Defeatist.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
This is what I think the trainer should be.

Of course keep the default Red design.

Costume: Female Trainer

I'm thinking they can include both Leaf and Serena as alternative costumes, because sure Leaf would be better to use as the costume because she is Red's counterpart, but they could still include a color scheme within the Leaf costume to resemble Serena because as you can see, Leaf and Serena are rather similar.

Either one would do for me.

Pokémon:

First off I have to say no matter what color scheme you are using, leave the Pokémon alone, I mean look at how disgusting these Pokémon look, ew.

Just keep the Pokémon their default colors.

With that said I'd like to keep the same Pokémon, however I also thought what if they did this.

Charizard

Final Smash Mega Charizard

Special B: Fire Blast

Mega Charizard Y if using Female Trainer

Final Smash: Fire Blast

Mega Charizard X if using default Red Trainer.

However what about Mega Venusaur and Mega Blastoise?

Special B: Solar Beam

Special B: Hydro Pump

I will just say it, I hate Triple Threat, I hope they replace it, and I'd like to see the Mega Forms with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, however this means they'd have to turn Squirtle and Ivysaur into Blastoise and Venusaur, and it seems nobody wants to see that happen for some weird reason.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This is what I think the trainer should be.

Of course keep the default Red design.

Costume: Female Trainer

I'm thinking they can include both Leaf and Serena as alternative costumes, because sure Leaf would be better to use as the costume because she is Red's counterpart, but they could still include a color scheme within the Leaf costume to resemble Serena because as you can see, Leaf and Serena are rather similar.

Either one would do for me.

Pokémon:

First off I have to say no matter what color scheme you are using, leave the Pokémon alone, I mean look at how disgusting these Pokémon look, ew.

With that said I'd like to keep the same Pokémon, however I also thought what if they did this.

Charizard

Final Smash Mega Charizard

Special B: Fire Blast

Mega Charizard Y if using Female Trainer

Final Smash: Fire Blast

Mega Charizard X if using default Red Trainer.

However what about Mega Venusaur and Mega Blastoise?

Special B: Solar Beam

Special B: Hydro Pump

I will just say it, I hate Triple Threat, I hope they replace it, and I'd like to see the Mega Forms with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur, however this means they'd have to turn Squirtle and Ivysaur into Blastoise and Venusaur, and it seems nobody wants to see that happen for some weird reason.
I get that, but Blastoise and Venusaur would kinda take away the purpose of Charizard. Would it not?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think green Squirtle is close to his shiny form, but Ivysaur...not really. I viewed shiny Ivysaur as having a more yellow bulb and being a lighter green. Squirtle would be shiny if the rest of him was a lighter blue. :/

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't like Venusaur as a Pokemon.. Despite absolutely loving Bulbasaur and Ivysaur. It would also completely change how those two characters function if they were evolved/bulky.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The pokemon are fine in their current form. I don't see switching the forms just for the sake of one attack (that many people just turn off anyway). Plus we already have other pokemon to showcase this new aspect of the game.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Triple Finish is a fine idea, the problem is it's realization. The camera zooms in too much and the effects are kinda lame. But seen how ****ing beautiful Sm4sh is shaping up to be, it's going to be fine.
Maybe they should change it a little bit visually based on which character you are controlling while you perform it.

TeamFlareZakk

Triple Finish is a fine idea, the problem is it's realization. The camera zooms in too much and the effects are kinda lame. But seen how ****ing beautiful Sm4sh is shaping up to be, it's going to be fine.
Maybe they should change it a little bit visually based on which character you are controlling while you perform it.
Yeah, basically that's pretty much all I'm asking.

I believe in that infamous quote from Pokemon games called evolve your Pokemon made famous by battling npcs with high level Pokemon that aren't evolved and they're just annoying because they're worth nothing in experience points.

However I can respect say if Ivysaur and Squirtle returned, I use Charizard anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One question, if Pkmn Trainer got revamped or new pokemon, do you think he/she would get a new trailer?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
One question, if Pkmn Trainer got revamped or new pokemon, do you think he/she would get a new trailer?
Well, look at it this way. A newcomer is a fighter who has yet to be playable in the same way, shape, or form. Let's say that the Pokemon Trainer comes back with Squirtle and Ivysaur both fully evolved, this means simply that the only veteran is the trainer's Charizard, and the Pokemon Trainer himself. As far as a trailer? Maybe, (sniff) maybe.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Heres an idea that can keep the Pokemon Trainer as is and still make Charizard playable by himself. Have Charizard mega evolve into its X form. Ex: when Charizard grabs the smash ball but instead of using triple finish let him sacrifice that move and use it to mega eveolve through taunt+speacial. As Charizard X, he can no longer switch out with the other pokemon and the stamina is disabled. Down B becomes Flare Blitz and Rock Smash is replaced by Dragon Claw(same attack but diffrent style). Besides this he plays exactly the same as the original but is balanced since the other pokemon are not in use. His final smash becomes Blast Burn and reverts to the original form after.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Pokémon:

I actually really like the white team. The rest can go. They look like someone went into photoshop and adjusted the hues.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
You know as far as his Final Smash goes, I say keep the idea of Triple Finish but change it to the elemental pledges. The elemental pledges are moves added in Black and White. When you use one after the other it offers different effects. Example: You use Water Pledge after Grass Pledge and Water Pledge's damage gets a boost and you create a swamp on your opponent's' side of the field which lowers their speed.
How they could implement this is basically depending on which Pokemon you have out at the time would determine the primary effect. So say Squirtle is out, then the attack would mostly be water based with grass and fire elements mixed into it. The other two pokemon come out and do their type's pledge but the overall attack is really from the pokemon you are fighting with. This offers a more strategic way of playing and keeps it in line with the source games as well as keeping them as a unified team. I think that'd be a better idea than simply having all three of them use a powerful attack for a brief second at the same time.

If that doesn't work than maybe update it to the Elemental Hyper Beams so it is harder to dodge and looks nicer. Also that keeps it related to the starter pokemon as they are the only ones who can learn them.

The other option is to have Charizard Mega Evolve or change the team to all 3 final evolutions so they can all Mega evolve. That's not a horrible idea. But if Lucario theoretically has that for his Final Smash (and mewtwo as well if he returns) then it sort of makes it "less special" as a final smash. Mega Evolutions are basically the Final Smashes of Pokemon I know, but still I'd rather nearly every pokemon character not have them.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
That first idea was in a similar line of thinking that I had.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Or if stamina was completely eradicated since it is not really canon so long you do not have Defeatist.
You do realize that on the Pokemon games, you usually have to switch out your Pokemon because they have taken damage...right?

I'm seriously surprised at the fact that many people want the Pkmn Trainer cut from the game...I mean, YES! Let's cut the person who's LITERALLY the main character AND the final boss of one of Nintendo's most important series! It makes perfect sense!

Also, I think the color swaps should be shinies and color swaps made to resemble other Pokemon, like Mega Charizard X resembling Salamence. Perhaps also a team of white Albino Pokemon.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I'm actually wondering if they should just do Trainer with Charizard, just keep it simple, the whole point of the trainer is so we can see the trainer, the main character of the series make a appearance, and they have down just perfect with the trainer being on the sidelines.

However I think it would be better off with just Charizard, in whom happens to be Red's main Pokémon, not to be confused with Pikachu, in whom is Ash's main Pokémon.

Signature Pokémon is a thing in the Pokémon series, every Gym Leader, Elite 4 member, Champion, Bad Guy has one.

Example: Cynthia could of been added due to Lucario being her signature Pokémon, but Garchomp is more her main.

I think Charizard alone is enough for the trainer.

With

Final Smash:

Mega Charizard with Fire Blast

Mega Charizard X would be the default Mega form.

Mega Charizard Y could appear if you are playing as the female trainer costume, this makes not only the trainer's costume unique, but Charizard has something too.

I'd rather see Vensaur and Blastoise go back to being Pokeball characters.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
You do realize that on the Pokemon games, you usually have to switch out your Pokemon because they have taken damage...right?
You do realize this issue was already addressed right? Anyway, the starters get STRONGER when they have less than 33% HP. Switching is also a choice, not forced.

TeamFlareZakk

I simply have to say, I don't know what they should do with other two Pokémon.

I do know Charizard is a good choice and should return especially considering he has his Mega forms X and Y to work with, but I don't know about the other two.

I think I'd like to see Ivysaur and Squirtle replaced, if not with evolved forms than with different guys, I'm not against mixed gen starters.

Grovyle would be cool, not gonna lie.

I guess put that stupid Oshawott thing in, at least Emboar gets in because he's Ganon.

I'd rather see Piplup than Oshawott, and I think it's a good choice because Dawn had Piplup, and Dawn is like one of the most popular Pokémon Trainers ever.

Of all water type, I much rather have Totodile, though from a personal prospective.

Yeah, there's my Trainer for Super Smash Bros! :smirk:

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I personally hate Charizard and all the glory casuals attract to it. Anyway Squirtle has always been cooler in my book and if Sakurai put the FS for Squirtle as the Squirtle Squad from the anime, the nostalgia and nepotism would favor Squirtle. Did mention that I liked the Water starters also?
#Putouttheflame

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pokémon Trainer is one of my favorite characters, but it's ok, I expect him to return. ^^ Wouldn't mind Three new Starters, but I expect his old ones, and they are awesome enough.

Charizard is very fun to use<3

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
New starters are what wanted and I expect, but it is not a reality.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's not that Farfetch'd. People Always say it can't happen since that would be 'tossing aside Three unique movesets'.
I mean, there's no rule Sakurai can't do that if he feels it's right. Plus, a lot of the moves could probably fit in to Three new starters somehow.

I want Chespin, Braixen and Greninja! But keeping the classics may be smart, too. Hmm.

MajoraX

Smash Rookie
It's not that Farfetch'd. People Always say it can't happen since that would be 'tossing aside Three unique movesets'.
I mean, there's no rule Sakurai can't do that if he feels it's right. Plus, a lot of the moves could probably fit in to Three new starters somehow.

I want Chespin, Braixen and Greninja! But keeping the classics may be smart, too. Hmm.
It's not impossible, but I don't think it's very likely. Not just because it's scrapping the three move sets for three new ones. It seems like a lot of the people saying the Kanto starters need to be swapped out for more "relevant" starters haven't actually played X/Y. Not only were they all given mega evolutions, they're actually the starters given to you by the regions professor.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's not impossible, but I don't think it's very likely. Not just because it's scrapping the three move sets for three new ones. It seems like a lot of the people saying the Kanto starters need to be swapped out for more "relevant" starters haven't actually played X/Y. Not only were they all given mega evolutions, they're actually the starters given to you by the regions professor.
That is true, but if his Pokémon stays the same, then only Charizard could MegaEvolve. Unless, of course, by the magic of Smash, they all MegaEvolves in their Final Smash. That could work. ^^
Actually, it would be kinda logical. But I do hope that they, Lucario and Mewtwo do not ALL use Megas for their Final Smashes. ._.

MajoraX

Smash Rookie
That is true, but if his Pokémon stays the same, then only Charizard could MegaEvolve. Unless, of course, by the magic of Smash, they all MegaEvolves in their Final Smash. That could work. ^^
Actually, it would be kinda logical. But I do hope that they, Lucario and Mewtwo do not ALL use Megas for their Final Smashes. ._.
Well, I wasn't actually thinking they'd use the mega evolutions, I was just giving an example of how they'e still popular/relevant in the games.

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai keeps the old starters and adds mewtwo, theres basically going to be no difference between the pokemon reps of project m and smash 4 and i doubt sakurai would like that. If anything i would be down with unova or kalos starters

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, PT fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon really need more votes if they're going to stand a chance of getting in. Do you think you could spare a moment to vote for them (and others)?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I personally hate Charizard and all the glory casuals attract to it. Anyway Squirtle has always been cooler in my book and if Sakurai put the FS for Squirtle as the Squirtle Squad from the anime, the nostalgia and nepotism would favor Squirtle. Did mention that I liked the Water starters also?
#Putouttheflame
I agree that Charizard is one of the most overrated Pokemon. . . But he's still my favorite!

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
But to me, Charizard's bloated status and really any lack of power pre-gen 6 made me question if the people referred to Charizard from the anime being awesome or the actual games themselves. In either situation, the best to me was the water starters.
#Quenchedthirst

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
But to me, Charizard's bloated status and really any lack of power pre-gen 6 made me question if the people referred to Charizard from the anime being awesome or the actual games themselves. In either situation, the best to me was the water starters.
#Quenchedthirst
As a kid, I loved the design of the Charmander family. Not only that, but Red was my first Pokemon game and Charmander was my first starter. So I have some nostalgia seeing Charizard in other games. I play Pokemon somewhat competitively, but I never thought Charizard was anywhere near the best Pokemon competitively. I'd still use him though, and had decent results online and with friends. I do like most water starters as well. Anyway, that's my personal reason.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
As a kid, my first starter and Pokemon game was Yellow, so I did not face the nostalgia problem so people have (I don't think you are one of them, but the genwunners are what I am referring to). I never use Charizard for multiple reasons, but my Blastoise, Empoleon, Feraligatr, Swampert, and Greninja are often used for many battles as they are more stable, bulky, and overall look awesome.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As a kid, my first starter and Pokemon game was Yellow, so I did not face the nostalgia problem so people have (I don't think you are one of them, but the genwunners are what I am referring to). I never use Charizard for multiple reasons, but my Blastoise, Empoleon, Feraligatr, Swampert, and Greninja are often used for many battles as they are more stable, bulky, and overall look awesome.
Charizard and Feraligatr are my two favorites. Yellow was a good game and I understand your preferences. I like a lot of the Gen 1 Pokemon but all gens have their fair share of derp ups in my opinion.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Honestly, I don't really consider looks in how cool a Pokemon is. I mainly care about stats. If their stats are great then awesome, and if they look cool while having great stats, that is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom